Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Expl...

By SaintFeliciel

Follow the story of Ryo the Riolu and his friends as they ventured across Mundus, a continent of perpetual wa... More

The Rebellion
Alicia the Tormented Braixen
A Brief History of the Pokemon World
Daisuke's Past
Renard's Struggle
The Black Riding Hood
The Rings of Power
The Icicle Plate
Kitab Al-Jadal
Knighting of the Black Riding Hood
Natalie vs Renard
The Butcher of Ivarstead
Death of Wulfgar
Natalie's Last Training
The Journey Began
Renard's Confession
The Rescue of Julius' Parents
From Enemies to Friends
The Battle of Berkhiv
Mutual Love
Size Matters Not
Not A Chapter
Unexpected Rival
Preparation for a Great Battle
Prelude
The Siege of Winterhold
Grand Master Erasmus and The Prison Bottle

Alicia's Cunning

28 0 15
By SaintFeliciel

The days passed so fast as winter was getting closer. David the treecko and Ryo the Riolu did many low rank missions happily together until the end of the week. They were pleased that Renard was not around to treat them like dirt while Akira was kind enough to not hurt Renard's reputation by saying that he got demolished by an Aggron during a mission. At the end of the week, on Friday morning, guild master Caesar assembled all guild members in the battle arena.

"Attention everyone. As always, we have a sparring session today. But only two pokemon will battle each other today while the others learn by watching and take notes."

I hope it is not going to be me. Ryo thought

"Brendan, will you come over here please." Said guild master Caesar.

"Yes sir." Said Brendan.

"Brendan, I noticed that you have been training really hard this week and you have done three A rank missions. Your skill improvement is exceptional, so you will be the best candidate to fight the unbeatable fighter Akira. In addition, your typing, which is Fire/Fighting, will give you a huge advantage against him." Said guild master Caesar.

"So, you want me to battle Akira in front of everyone?" asked Brendan.

"Yes. As for you Akira, I'm going to test your skill by picking the toughest opponent possible for you. And I have one rule for you, Akira: No Aura Sphere. On paper, the fight seems highly uneven but that is the purpose of today's sparring session, to teach everyone how to win an unfair battle." Said guild master Caesar.

"Okay Sir..." said Akira.

"Other Pokemon please pay attention. This battle will be epic and very educative. Get ready... BEGIN!" commanded guild master Caesar.

In the beginning, neither Akira nor Brendan were attacking. The were sizing each other up. Other guild members watched excitedly and nervously, except for Ryo. He seemed calm, as if he already knew the outcome of the battle. Ryo knew his big brother so well. Akira was really smart, though not as smart as Ryo. Even though the battle was very unfair for Akira, Ryo somehow intuitively knew that his big brother would come out victorious.

After a minute or two, Brendan became impatient and decided to attack first. Brendan used fire punch but Akira could easily read the attack. He dodged it. After that, the Blaziken decided to attack again, this time with blaze kick. Again, Akira dodged it. Brendan then used close combat, but Akira used protect. Akira blocked every punch and kicks that Brendan threw at him.

"Brendan! Stop using standard attacks! They are too predictable! Use the unorthodox!" said guild master Caesar.

Upon hearing that, Brendan decided to do a series of blaze kicks by turning upside down and doing a head spin while igniting his feet. Akira was a bit surprised at the innovation that Brendan did, nevertheless he was quick enough to dodge the blaze kicks.

Damn, Akira was using his superior agility to dodge my attacks! Using moves drains me both physically and mentally. At this rate, I will become too exhausted to continue the battle.... Wait! Now I know! That is his strategy! He kept dodging and dodging to wear me out. Once I run out of energy, he will attack. That's it. Very simple yet effective. If I pretend to be tired, he will attack and I can use that opening to finish him using my flamethrower. Brendan thought.

After that Brendan tried to deceive Akira by pretending to look exhausted. Brendan panted and faltered, as if he was about to fall over. Akira responded by using the move swords dance.

Yes! My strategy works! He is about to attack me with physical attacks! Now all I have to do is to maintain a safe distance and wait for an opening. If I fight using ranged attacks, there will be no problems. Brendan thought.

As soon as Akira was done using swords dance, he proceeded to attack the Blaziken head first. Brendan already anticipated this so he jumped back and used the move flamethrower. Little did the Blaziken knew that this was exactly what the Lucario wanted. As the Blaziken used the move flamethrower, the Lucario used the move dragon pulse. The two attacks collided, exploded, causing thick smoke to fill the battle arena.

What? Ranged attack?! He used swords dance to trick me into thinking that he would use physical attack! But Why?! Furthermore, the smoke makes me unable to see anything! Wait! Oh no...Now I get it.... Brendan thought. But it was too late.

Brendan was unable to see Akira due to the smoke. However, the smoke was not a problem for Akira, because Lucarios could see with their eyes closed thanks to their ability to detect aura. Akira used this ability to attack the Blaziken using extreme speed. The attack landed successfully.

"AAH! Urk! *cough* darn it! This is so unfair! You can see through the thick smoke while I can't!" said Brendan.

"You want a fair fight? Alright then..." said Akira.

Akira waited until the smoke cleared up. When the battle arena is smoke free, the Blaziken attacked the Lucario using blast burn. At the same time, the Lucario attacked using focus blast. As the two attacks collided, Brendan was surprised that the focus blast was stronger than the blast burn and it directly hit the Blaziken in the chest.

"ARGH!" Brendan cried in pain before he fell to the ground.

"Stop! The Battle is done! You win Akira!" said guild master Caesar.

After the guild master stopped the battle Akira rushed to the Blaziken.

"Brendan! Are you alright?" asked the Lucario.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I can't believe that your focus blast is stronger than my blast burn. I trained day and night perfecting it. All that hard work is in vain..." said Brendan.

"But you fought well, Brendan. It was hard to dodge all those fire punches and blaze kicks. Also, that head spin that you did was very cool." Said Akira.

"This is why we all revere you Akira. You are overpowered but you never look down on anyone. And above all, you care about others." Said Brendan with a smile.

Akira blushed a bit upon receiving that compliment. The other guild members clapped after seeing an epic battle between the two strongest fighters in the guild. Akira covered his face with his paws as the other guild members gathered and praised him. It was a good thing that Renard was not around. The pain of jealousy would kill him on the spot.

"Okay, that is all for today. Class dismissed" said guild master Caesar.

"Yaay!" said Ryo.

"Ryo, would you like to do a mission together today?" asked David.

"Not today, David. Sorry." Said Ryo.

"Going somewhere, Ryo?..." Akira asked with a mean look. He knew that Ryo wanted to go to the university library and steal some books again.

"Don't give me that look big brother! I thought I already told you that I will return the books!" said Ryo.

Suddenly, William the Dewott came.

"Hey Akira, would you mind teaming up with me to do this A rank mission? The reward is great and I'm short of gold coins now. Can you help me please?" said William.

"Alright. I'll team up with you." Said Akira.

Before Akira and William left, Akira glared at Ryo.

"We'll discuss about this later....Ryo..."said Akira sternly.

"Bye and have fun big brother!" said Ryo.

Without a moment to waste, Ryo headed to the university library to quench his thirst for knowledge. All this time, he had never been caught by the library guards. However, this time, he was not so lucky. As he entered the library through an opened window, he eavesdropped a conversation between two guards while hiding behind a book case.

"Hey, I heard that professor Magnus has been complaining about some books that went missing." Said one of the guards who was a zangoose.

"Yeah, I think they are stolen. The culprit must be a dark type or somethin" said the other guard, who was a lycanroc (midnight form).

"I think you are right. Dark types are immune to psychic type move, so the mind of dark type pokemon cannot be read by psychic type pokemon. This makes them able to lie during interrogation without being known that they are lying, since their mind is immune to mind-reading. So, it must be a dark type." Said the zangoose.

"Yes, we have to increase our....wait. I smell something" said the lycanroc.

"What is it?" asked the zangoose.

"It smells like a riolu. What would a young fighting type pokemon be doing in a library? Very suspicious." Said the lycanroc.

"That riolu must be an aristocrat then, since professor Magnus never accept fighting type pokemon as a student because he thinks that fighting type pokemon are naturally dumb." Said the zangoose.

"There are no fighting type aristocrats in Arcadius! That riolu is not supposed to be here! Quick, follow me and let's apprehend the intruder!" said the lycanroc.

Great! Now I'm in trouble! Ryo thought.

The quick and agile riolu outran the two guards. Ryo rushed to the third floor until he met a dead end. He had no other choice but to hide inside an empty bookcase. Even though Ryo could run, he could not hide from the lycanroc's sharp sense of smell. As the two guards got closer to the Riolu, they were suddenly stopped by a Braixen.

"Guards, I saw an intruder." said the Braixen.

"Where, Alicia?!" said the zangoose and lycanroc.

"There was a scraggy on the first floor. He stole a book and I saw him running away. You better catch him" Said the Braixen.

"Certainly, Alicia!" said the two guards as they rushed to the first floor. Ryo felt a sense of relief and decided to leave the library but before he could run, he found himself levitating on the air. The Braixen was using his telekinetic ability to prevent the Riolu form running.

"Please let me go," said Ryo.

"No, you are coming with me!" said the Braixen.

"Are you going to turn me over to the authorities?" asked Ryo.

"No, trust me! Just follow me before more guards come." Said the Braixen.

Ryo had no time to think. He followed the Braixen out of the library to the cafeteria. In the cafeteria there were many students, most of them being psychic type pokemon. Lucky for the Riolu, the cafeteria was open for everyone, not just students, so the Riolu can enter without raising suspicion. The Braixen then took the Riolu to the corner of the cafeteria to have a secret conversation.

"Take a seat, Ryo. I would like to have a small talk with you..." said the Braixen.

"How do you know my name?! And why did you save me from the guards?!" asked Ryo.

"I will answer that later, but first, you have to answer my question. How long have you been stealing books from the library? Don't lie, I can read your mind..."said the Braixen.

"Since I was 9. Now I'm 10, so since last year..."said the Riolu quietly.

"That is strange. Fighting type pokemon usually dislike intellectual activity such as reading. Do you steal the books for money?" asked the Braixen.

"No! Not at all. I love reading. Thinking and reading are my passion. Ever since I was little, I have always dreamed of becoming a scholar, but my father forced me to become a dragon slayer instead." Explained the Riolu.

"Don't lie to me" said the Braixen.

"If you think I'm lying then go ahead, read my mind! I'm not making this up!" said the Riolu.

The Braixen then used his psychic ability to scan the mind of the riolu and she was surprised.

Hmmm, what's this? He has read so many books. He has memorized a lot from alchemy books, engineering books, philosophy....and history? Wow, this is amazing. I sense great intellect within him...Very unusual for a fighting type... thought the Braixen.

"Ah, so you are being honest with me. Very well then. Can you come with me after school? Just wait here in the cafeteria until the class is done. I need you to come to my house. Obey me or I'll tell the guards about what you did in the library" Said the braixen.

Ryo had no other choice but to obey. He waited until the afternoon class is done. When the class was finally over, the Braixen took the Riolu by the hand and the two went to the Braixen's house. The Braixen brought the riolu to her room and she locked the door to prevent his little brother from disturbing.

"Let me introduce myself. My name is Alicia. You may not know me but I know a lot about you." Said the Braixen.

"Ummm...Pleased to meet you Alicia...." Said Ryo.

"I know that you are one of the sons of the legendary dragon slayer Daisuke Yamazaki. You are the little brother of Akira and you are currently one of the youngest members of the knight's guild. You, your father and Akira always go to church every Sunday and sit on the front row. Am I correct?" asked Alicia.

"Yes..."said Ryo. The fact that Alicia knew so much details disturbed him a bit.

"So...Ryo... You like reading, eh? Well, you don't have to go to the library to steal books anymore because as a student of the university of Aeterna, I can legally borrow books for you. Any book that you like." Said Braixen with a smile.

"Really? Thank you...I guess?" said Ryo. He was a little bit confused.

"And you like alchemy, don't you?" asked Alicia.

"Yes..." said Ryo.

"Then feel free to visit me anytime to use my private alchemy kit. You can use it as long as I'm not using it. Just don't break it." said the Braixen as she was pointing at her alchemy kit.

"Wow! Really?! Awesome! Thank you Alicia!" said Ryo happily.

"You are welcome, Ryo. Any questions?" asked Alicia.

"Yeah...How do you know me so well? And why did you save me from the guards? Moreover, why are you being so nice to me? Like very very nice. I mean... we just met." asked Ryo.

Alicia blushed before answering that question. She then opened her mouth to say one line that made everything clear.

"...Because I'm deeply in love with your big brother..." said Alicia.

"Oh...Now everything makes sense." Said Ryo.

"I heard that your big brother has rejected a lot of girls. Is that true? Is he that heartless and incapable of love? Or is he gay?" asked Alicia.

"Yes. He has rejected a lot of girls, but not because he doesn't love them. He is also not heartless and he is absolutely not gay. He always rejects a girl with a heavy heart." Said Ryo.

"Then why?" asked Alicia.

"Because of my dad. He is very religious. So religious that he places a great importance to chastity, and my big brother happens to be very obedient. My dad does not allow my big brother to have a girlfriend because having a girlfriend will eventually lead to sex outside of marriage. My father thinks that sex outside of marriage is a grave sin so there is no way Akira can have a relationship unless a marriage is planned." Explained Ryo.

"Is that so? Thank Arceus...I always knew that Akira is a kind, soft hearted, yet misunderstood Lucario." said Alicia.

"Yeah. He is very kind." Said Ryo.

"Can you tell me what type of girls that Akira likes and things that Akira dislikes?" asked Alicia.

"Well, Akira likes smart girls who are emotionally stable and mentally mature. He also likes girls who are able to cook delicious food. And Akira can't stand the smell of garlic." Said Ryo.

Smart girls?! Lucky me! This is fate! Now all I have to do is to get rid of the competitors. Alicia thought.

"One more question. Is there any girl who is currently trying to approach him?" asked the Braixen.

"Unfortunately for you, yes. A Lopunny named Lola Lombardi. Her father is an acquaintance of my father and he has planned a marriage between my big brother and Lola when Akira is old enough. Lola's father likes to lick my father's boots because he wants her daughter to marry Akira for the sake of fame and prestige." Said Ryo.

"No way...Lola Lombardi? That rich jerk?! I KNOW HER!" said Alicia.

"What? Rich jerk?" asked Ryo.

"Yes! Lola Lombardi is also a student at the university of Aeterna. Her parents are both wealthy merchants. The Lombardi family is the second richest family in Arcadius, just behind the van Deventer family. Lola Lombardi is a spoiled and mean girl. She is very childish and treat boys as if they were slaves. She is a player who has dated at least six different guys! Akira does not deserve to have a spouse like Lola!" said Alicia angrily.

"And I don't want to have a sister-in-law who is a complete trash," said Ryo.

"Ryo, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" asked Alicia.

"Yes...Sabotage." said Ryo.

"Good...Do what must be done to prevent Akira from liking Lola, Ryo... Do not hesitate, show no mercy..." said Alicia.

"It will be done Alicia..."said Ryo.

"Good....Very Good..." Said Alicia with a sadistic smile.

On Monday afternoon, around five o clock, Ryo had done a small C rank mission and he returned to the knight's guild to receive the reward. As the he was acquiring the reward, he saw a lopunny from afar. She was waiting for Akira to return from doing a mission. Seeing the lopunny, Ryo decided to start a small conversation with her.

"Hi there," said Ryo.

"Do I know you?" asked the Lopunny.

"Oh, forgive me for not introducing myself first. My name is Ryota Yamazaki. I'm the little brother of Akira Yamazaki. You can call me Ryo for short." Said Ryo with a big smile.

"Oh, so you are the little brother of my sweetheart? Good timing! I need someone who knows a lot about Akira to give me advice on how to make a good and romantic relationship with Akira. So, you better help me!" said Lola.

"Why should I?" asked Ryo.

"Because I am a princess! So lowly commoner like you should obey my command! IT IS MY RIGHT!" said Lola angrily.

Wow, Alicia is right. She is a jerk. Ryo thought.

"Okay, very well. I will become your personal advisor and in no time, Akira will fall in love with you." Said Ryo.

"Of course. I am the sweetest girl in Arcadius. Now tell me. What does Akira like?" Said Lola.

"Well, this may sound strange, but Akira finds people who behave like a child very cute. He can not resist people who behave like a child. And when Akira loves a girl, he'll buy expensive things for her. And one more thing. Akira loves girls who can cook delicious food. Akira's favourite food is anything with garlic." said Ryo while struggling to make a straight face.

"Wonderful! Now, with my charm, I'll conquer Akira's heart like the dragons conquered weak kingdoms! HAHAHA!" said Lola.

"Yeah...I'm sure you will. Now if you'll excuse me, I have an important thing to do so I must go," said Ryo as he saw his big brother coming.

"Just go! Your service is no longer needed!" said Lola rudely.

Ryo left just as Akira entered the building. When Lola saw Akira, she immediately greeted him.

"Hello there my sweetheart. I've been waiting for you. Shall we go for a walk? Maybe to the market place..." asked Lola.

Akira was tired because of the mission he was too polite to reject. So, he agreed.

"Sure Lola..." said Akira.

As the two walked in the market place, Ryo secretly followed them from behind to see if everything went according to his plan.

"Akira...Do you think I'm cute?...." asked Lola.

"Ummm...I guess?" said Akira.

"Don't say 'I guess'! Surely I am cute because I am an angel. I AM AN ADORABLE LITTLE ANGEL!" said Lola childishly.

"Yes, you are cute Lola..." said Akira.

"Good. Now that I'm cute, do you love me? Could you say that you love me please??...pretty please with a cherry on top?" said Lola even more childishly.

Akira felt annoyed but he still tried to be polite.

"Sigh...Yes.. I love you..." said Akira.

"Oh! I always knew that you love me, my handsome prince. Now can you buy me this pretty silver sapphire necklace?" asked Lola as they stopped by a jewellery shop. The necklace costed 600 gold coins.

"I don't know... It is very expensive..." said Akira.

"But I want this necklace! I WANNA, I WANNA, I WANNA!!! I thought you said you love me" cried Lola like a little girl.

"Okay, okay...I'll buy you this necklace..." said Akira.

"Thank you, Akira! Now let's go to my house! I'll cook you dinner! I am a very skilful chef!" said Lola

As the two went to Lola's mansion, Ryo kept following them.

Things are going better than I expected. Ryo thought.

As they arrived at Lola's mansion, Lola told Akira to wait at the dining table while Lola herself cooked the food. As she was cooking garlic bread and garlic soup, Akira could smell the food and he became instantly disgusted since he hated the smell of garlic intensely.

"Lola...Are you cooking garlic bread...?" asked Akira.

"Yes! I like garlic very much too! We have so much in common because we are destined to be together!" said Lola. That was the last straw for Akira.

"Destined to be together? I'm not sure about that...." Said Akira.

"What do you mean 'I'm not sure a about that'?! You are more than willing to become my wife, aren't you?!" said Lola

"I'll think about it..." said Akira.

"I want a clear answer! DO YOU LOVE ME?!" asked Lola.

"Honestly.... No..."said Akira.

"Oh, are you rejecting me?! I am the sweetest girl in Arcadius! I have six ex-boyfriends and nobody has ever rejected me before! NOBODY! I take pride in being irresistible by boys! By rejecting me, you have wounded my pride! Nobody is allowed to hurt a delicate princess like me!" said Lola furiously.

"I don't care. You suck big time, Lola. I'll tell my father to cancel the marriage plan." Said Akira. He has lost his patience and politeness due to extreme annoyance and anger. After Akira said that, the lopunny burst into tears and went to her room. Ryo rejoiced because the mission was a complete success. He then went to Alicia's house to report everything.

"Welcome Ryo...I have been expecting you...how was the sabotage?" asked Alicia.

"You will never see Akira together with Lola, Alicia. I assure you..." said Ryo.

"Excellent, Ryo! As a present, I have borrowed a book from the library that you might be interested in. It is titled 'The Alchemical Works of Geber'. You can bring this book home, Ryo." Said Alicia

"OMG THANK YOU ALICIA!" chirped the Riolu joyfully.

"And if you are interested in creating potions, you can come to my house to use my alchemy kit anytime, as long as I'm home and not using it." said Alicia.

"You are the kindest Braixen ever Alicia! Thank you very much!" said Ryo.

"You are welcome..." said Alicia with a smile.

Since then, Ryo regularly visited Alicia to have fun with books and alchemy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39 0 3
After his parents died, William, a Weavile, joins a gang, named "Ember", to keep him and his sister afloat. He struggles with the crushing responsibi...
1.7K 95 16
"Two worlds apart, two different fabricated realities they lived in, both united by the love they had for eachother..." Basic Story Summary: Zero, a...
778 25 7
Come join the journey of the altered Eeveelution Squad! inspired by the comic series 'eeveelution squad' by pkm-150! Eeveelution Squad: The Blue Hor...
3K 169 24
Wave, for as long as he can remember, has lived in Sunspire Town. Life is normal and calm, and that's how Wave likes it. But when a family of eeveelu...