The Littlest Wayne

By Sparkle_Mama

Ok before you guys say anything yes I know the picture on the cover is Isabela from Encanto, you'll understan... More

~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
Request are now open
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~

You can't turn back time

921 27 14
By Sparkle_Mama

(A/N: This was an idea I've had for ages, I tried breaking it into parts but it didn't feel right, so here's the whole thing, enjoy.)

"Give it up Chronos!" Batman exclaimed, him and Robin giving chase to the villain.

"As if Bat brain, there's no way you're gonna catch me!"
Chronos, the man who was able to travel through time, cackled maniacally as he hopped from building to building.

His brief fantasy of escaping was cut short, when he was tripped and wrapped up in vines.

"You were saying?" Wildflower taunted, smirking with crossed arms.

"Good work Wildflower." Said Batman as he and Robin caught up to them.

"You know for a guy with time powers, this was surprisingly easy." Robin noted.

"The only things to do is either wait for the police to come or drop him off at the station in a pretty bow." A small chuckle came from below them, Chronos' laughter quickly escalated to a full on manic laugh.

"Well that's not very reassuring." Lily stated plainly.

"Even after all these years, you're still as dumb as you look." Chronos' grin was so wide it would magic the Joker jealous. "Do you really think I'd just be out here getting caught for the hell of it? I wanted you all to be here."

All three heroes had to jump back as a green swirling portal appeared in front of them and Chronos broke free of his bindings.

"Say goodbye to your pride and joy Batsy." Batman barrelled forward, flinging a baterang at him, but Chronos entered the portal and it closed before it could reach her.

"Dammit! He got a way!" Batman growled in mild frustration, what did he mean by pride and joy.

"Batman?" He turned back to Robin and his eyes widened in horror.

Lily looked down at her hand they were becoming transparent, In fact her whole body was becoming transparent, she was disappearing.

"W-what's happening?!" She said with a panicked voice.

No. No not her.
Batman ran forward, but past straight through her.

"Lily!"

"Timmy! Daddy!" She reached her hand out to them, Batman doing the same, but before their hands could even touch, Lily disappeared entirely, like she was never there.

Bruce and Tim just stood there, staring at the spot were she once was, Tim brought his hand to his mouth with wet cheeks, Bruce was silent, deathly silent even for him, all he heard was the audible ringing, just barely registering Oracles voice over the com.

"Batman? Batman what's going on? I'm not getting any readings on Wildflower."

His expression didn't change a fraction as his hand shakily reach for his ear.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Batman sat a his computer, his tired eyes scanning over every satellite image inch of Gotham, he had to find her, he had to.

"He hasn't eaten or slept in days has he?" Superman asked Alfred.

"No sir, and I'm afraid we've all been much the same, Oracle has been scouring the web for any trace of her, even Ace has been affected by Lily's disappearance."

Upstairs, Ace was curled up on Lily's bed, whimpering.

"Don't get me wrong, we're all worried and want to find her, but you don't think she was... erased completely?"

Alfred looks off to the side for a moment, before answering, being unable to imagine what would happen if that were the case.

"For her sake, I sincerely hope not."

It was a sunny day in urban Gotham, smiling faces roamed the streets, all except for two, Dick rubbed his face in slight exhaustion and worry, they'd been searching nonstop for something, anything that would tell that Lily was ok, or at the very least still here.

Tim placed a comforting hand on his shoulder and he returned a grateful smile, they were pulled out of their moment with the sound of an augment just ahead of them.

"Mam, I am very sorry, he didn't mean to cause any trouble." A man holding a Dachshund in his arms apologised to a woman standing in front of a patch of visibly trampled yellow dahlias, and she did not sound happy.

"Well, he did. That devil dog of yours has ruined my flowers!"

Did someone say... flowers?" All their attention went to the all too familiar voice.

The bat brother's eyes widened, while everyone else around began to applaud and cheer her name, beautiful blooms appearing everywhere, brightening everything with their vibrancy.

"Our Angel, Our Angel."
The lady greeted happily as Lily was placed down gently by her vines.

"Please, don't clap." With a gentle wave of her hand, the trample flowers were revived and more beautiful than ever.

"Thank you."

"Oh it's nothing." Lily tossed her hair over her shoulder, an array of petals fell out, the dachshund yipping and waggling his tail excitedly, she giggled and patted him.

Dick's heart lit up with pure relief and joy, his legs were moving before he could fully register it.

"Lily!" He scooped her up and held her tight. "I'm so glad you're ok."

"H-hey! Put me down!" Lily squirmed, trying to get out of hold.

"Hey come on, it's me."

"I don't even know you!" Dick and Tim paused at her words.

"Come on now sis, this isn't funny."

"I said get off-Mama! Mama help!" Dick was bonked on the head before he could say anything else, letting go of Lily.

"Get your hands off my daughter!" A woman's reached Dick's ears as his vision cleared, settling on a slightly older woman, in a blue dress and apron, with her hair up in a bun, holding a rolling pin.

"Woah, woah, woah, hold on a sec-" The tip of the rolling pin was shoved into his lips.

"Not one word out of either of you." She said to both boys, then looked back to Lily. "What did he do to you mija?"

"He picked me up and called me his sister." The woman's icy glare was somehow scarier than the Batman's scowl.

"You listen to me." She shoved her rolling pin further into his face, with Dick backing up a little as to not lose an eye.

"My daughter is el ángel más preciado del mundo." She spoke fondly, Lily smiling innocently. "She wants nothing to do with you perverts. You keep away from her!"

And with that they both wisely decided to get the hell out of there, the woman spun the rolling pin in her hand, placed it back in her apron pocket and turned back to Lily.

"Mama." She whimpered.

"Oh mi Vida, you ok?" She spoke lovingly, picking Lily up, she only responded by hiding her head in her shoulder.

"Come on, let's go home." Dick and Tim watched them leave from a far, Lily spotted them staring and stuck her tongue out at them.

Both boy wonder's shared a concerned look, this... this was going to hard to explain to the others.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————

Back at the Bat Cave, Batman brought the files of the woman Lily called her mama, with the help of Nightwing and Robin's description (and Oracle tapping into cameras in that area, as well a quick facial recognition scan) it was a relatively easy find.

"Julieta Madrigal, originally from Colombia, she came to America hoping to build a better life for her and her daughter, she owns a bakery near where you two met her." Oracle explained.

"So that's Lily's mom." Robin stated, Batman remained silent, mentally comparing the picture to the memory of the pregnant woman he helped all those years ago, it was indeed a match.

"Does she have powers like Lily?" Orphan asked.

"Apparently so," Oracle continued. "Her baked goods have healing properties, any injuries a person had before eating her cooking vanish almost instantly."

"Talk about mom's cooking making you feel better." Spoiler commented.

"Any criminal history? Arrests?" Batman enquired.

"Nope, clean as a whistle, some people have even called her the kindest woman in Gotham.

"And a very protective mother too."
Nightwing deadpanned, his fingers grazing over the still very tender bump on his head from the whack she gave him.

Batman gave an almost reluctant sigh with a nod.

Later that Batman went on patrol without telling the others where he was going, but luckily they were able to track him, he may be Batman but he was also the one who trained them.

They found themselves around the area Nightwing and Robin found Lily and Julieta, and found him on top of a building, spying on the cozy looking house across it through binoculars.

Obviously he knew his former and current apprentices were there, but none of them said a word, they simply took places beside him and looked where he was, they could just about make out Lily playing in her bedroom, visibly giggling, god they never thought they'd miss the little things so much, now Bruce would give anything just to hear it again.

"She looks happy, and it is quite a nice looking house." Spoiler said, Batman moved the binoculars down from his face and nodded, subtlety agreeing.

(In the house)

Lily wondered around her room, admiring everything with a little hum.

🩷 This roof keeps me dry when the rain falls 🩷
🩷 This helps to keep the cold at bay 🩷
🩷 On this floor I can stand on my own two feet 🩷

Lily sat down on her little round table with all her fluffy teddy bears.

🩷 On this chair I can draw my adventures 🩷
🩷 On that pillow I can dream my nights away 🩷
🩷 On this table, as you can see, we'll it's perfect for tea 🩷
She poured some imaginary tea into her bears cups.

🩷 It isn't much, but it is enough for me 🩷
🩵  It isn't much, but it is enough 🩵
Her mother came in and she gladly ran into her arms as she picked her up and carried her.

🩵 On these walls we hang wonderful pictures 🩵
🩵 Through this window we can watch the seasons change 🩵
🩵 By this lamp- 🩵

🩷 I can read! 🩷
🩵 And I, I am set free 🩵

🩵 And when it's cold outside, I feel no fear 🩵
🩷🩵 Even in the winter storms 🩵🩷
🩷🩵 I am warmed, by a small but stubborn fire 🩵🩷
🩷🩵 And there is nowhere I would rather be 🩵🩷

Lily put her head on her mother's shoulder, eyes drooping from tiredness.

🩵 It isn't much, but it is enough for me 🩵
Julieta carried Lily to her bed.

🩵 For this is my house 🩵
🩵 This is my house 🩵
🩵 It isn't much, but it is enough for me 🩵

🩵 This is my house 🩵
🩵 It isn't much, but it is enough for me 🩵

🩵 It isn't much, but it is enough... for me 🩵

She tucked her daughter in gently, placing a kiss on her forehead and turning out the lights, allowing the soft light of the glow in the dark stars to fill the room.

"We should go." Batman said, turning on his boots

"Batman, I'm sure if we just explain everything to her, maybe she'll-"

"No." The dark knight replied, his tone more emotionless than usual. "She's happy, that's all that matters."

"That's it?" Nightwing stated incredulously. "You're just not even gonna try? Do you have any idea how painful it is for her to look at us like we're strangers, to not bring able to hold her after thinking we'd lost her-"

"OF COURSE I DO!" Everyone flinched a Batman's outburst. "SHE'S EVERYTHING TO ME!"
(Did anyone else picture Kevin Conroy's voice when they read this part?)

"She gave me a reason to smile everyday, and you weren't the one who had to watch her disappear-" He looked away, he felt his jaw trembling, but he refused to let it.

"Now she has a chance to have normal life, a safe one where she doesn't have to lose anyone the way we lost Jason, Aquagirl or Kid Flash."
The bat kids hung their head at the mention of their fallen friends.

"She deserves, so much better than a life of fighting crime, she has her mother back... she has her family back."

"But we're her family too!" Spoiler stated. "So are the League and the Team, you expect us to just pretend that everything we went through with her, all the good things she's done just never happened?"

"It's because they didn't happen, not in this timeline." Batman replied sombrely, before leaving without another word.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Thank you dear, you always make the loveliest flowers." An elderly woman smiled warmly at Lily who just finished filling the local park with new blossoms.

"It's no problem at all miss." Lily beamed, just happy that what she did made someone's day.

"Mi Vida!" She heard her mother call out to her and saw her coming up to her, rather quickly.

"What is it Mama?"

"Guess who I just got a call from!" Julieta sound very excited.

"Who?"

"It was from Wayne Manor, Mr Wayne wants us to come over and for you to decorate his garden!" Lily's eyes widened for a moment, but became hesitant.

"Lily..." Julieta noticed.

"The Wayne's are one of the richest families in Gotham, why would they want their gardens decorated by someone like me?"

"Hey, you are just as good as any of those fancy florists, and the fact that he chose you shows he sees that." Julieta encouraged.

"But he looks so uptight and snobby."

"Is that really a way to judge someone you haven't met?" Julieta raised her eyebrow with a playful grin.

"... no..."

The fancy car that was sent for them arrived at Wayne Manor and Alfred chuckled at the sight of you ogling at the massive mansion, Bruce was waiting for them inside, it took everything he had just to remain composed when he saw Lily and her mother enter.

"Miss Madrigal, thank you so much for coming." He greeted her with a handshake.

"It's a pleasure Mr Wayne, and please call me Julieta." She reciprocated the greeting. "And this is my daughter Lily." She placed an arm around her daughter who was becoming shyer

"It's nice to meet you sir." She held out her own hand, all be it with a slight tremble.

"Don't worry, I don't bite." He chuckled, which drew a small smile from the girl, but it was immediately replaced with a grin that would put the Joker's to shame, when she saw the back garden.

It wasn't extravagant in anyway (ironically) just a few hedges and rose bushes, but by god,

"IT'S HUGE!!" Lily squealed.

"Mija, calm down, Mr Wayne has told us what he'd like us to do." Julieta playfully reprimanded.

"Oh I'm not too worried, just decorate it the same way you would your own garden."

"Really?!"

"Yeah, go nuts."

Bruce and Julieta left Lily to do her thing while Lily was thinking of 50 different ways fill the place with pink flowers, because after all, you can never have too much pink.

Not even a couple of minutes in, Lily was tackling to the floor by something furry and face was slobbered from being licked.

Ace spotted Lily out in the garden and got excited, he missed Lily so much, and he missed her belly rubs none of the others could do it the same way she could. The doggo just wanted belly rubs from his favourite human.

"Psycho doggie!" Lily giggles, she got back up and read his collar.

"Ace, nice to meet you Ace."

Ace scampers from one side to another in excitement, his tail wagging so fast, you'd think he'd start hovering off the ground.

He started tugging on her dress eagerly and kept on tugging until he lead her back inside the massive mansion.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming." She said just before they came through a door, where it just so happens where Tim just happened to be working on math problems on a bunch of chalkboards.

"Uhh..." He definitely wasn't expecting her to be here of all places.

"S-sorry, Ace here kinda kept dragging me." She explained.

"Oh, no it's alright..." Tim smiled while rubbing the back of his head. "He's not usually so friendly around new people."

"Wait, aren't you one of the guys from the park earlier-"

"My name's Tim!" He interrupted with an extended hand, desperately trying to change the subject.

Lily shook his hand and her eyes wondered to one of the answers on the chalkboard.

"That's wrong." She stated pointing at it.

"Wha??"

She walked up to the board, erased the answer and rewrote it.
"It's X2+2xy, not 3." Tim was gobsmacked.

"H-how did you-?"

"All the work was right, just the answer was wrong, that was just a mistake right?"

"Of course..." Tim lied. "But how did you manage to figure out the equation?"

{Meanwhile}

"Wait, she flooded the entire house with petals?" Bruce asked with a barely contained laugh.

"Yeah, she only just got her powers and all she could do at the time was make petals, so she kept trying and trying to make one, single flower and eventually, POOF!"

The two shared a hardy laugh.

"Mr Wayne-"

"Please, call me Bruce." He insisted

"Bruce, I just wanted to say thank you again for inviting us here."

"There's no need Julieta, your daughter is a special girl, gifted."

Julieta sighed happily.

"She's the light of my life, and to think I could've lost her."

"Lost her?" Bruce enquired.

"Oh, it's quite the story, when I was pregnant and went into labor I wasn't able to make it to the hospital, so I ended up giving birth in an alleyway, with help from a weird looking man."

"Man?" That made Bruce curiosity rise.

"He heard me screaming and helped me, when I finally got to the hospital, the doctor said I was very lucky, If he wasn't there, me and Lily could've died."

"What did the man look like?"

"That's the weird part, I don't know if he was a superhero or just dressed like one, he was pale, bald, had a yellow cape and a an hourglass symbol on his chest."

Bruce's eyes widened at her description, he was finally able to connect the dots, why Chronos did all of this, behind his calm face, his blood was boiling.

"I'm just thankful he was there to help me, help my baby."

Bruce managed to calm himself enough to speak normally.

"It's been a little while, should we go see how she's doing." Julieta nodded and they both got up.

They were making their way to the garden, when they both heard the familiar voice's of their kids inside they looked in and say them talking about math in front of a really big chalkboard.

"It only looks like a big problem, because you're over complicating it, if you simplify the formulas and rid of the redundancies, you'll cut the problem in half." Lily explained.

Tim scribbled on the board, doing what she said and he his face went slightly bewildered.

"Oh my god, you're right! That means..." A scribble here, a scribble there and Tim managed to find the answer.

"You did it!" Lily squealed and had to admit, he was a little giddy.

The two adults couldn't help but smile at their mini celebration, they entered the room.

"What's going on here?"

"Lily helped me solve the final equation." Tim explained, Bruce's eyes scanned over boards and was extremely impressed.

"Lily, you know how to advanced algebra?" He asked.

"I read this book about it a few weeks ago at the library."

"She goes down there every week to pick out a book to read to the dogs at the local animal shelter." Julieta said, a small bit of pride in her voice, Ace nuzzled his head into Lily's side.

"You like to read?" Bruce asked.

"Yes, I love to read."

"What do like to read?"

Lily thought for a moment before answering.

"Everything. Especially Charles Dickens, I could read him everyday."

"That's a good eye." Bruce smiled, Lily smiled back.

Eventually, it came time for Lily and her mom to leave with Lily giving Bruce a goodbye hug, god it just felt so good to share a hug with her again.

But they parted, and the girls went back home Bruce telling them to call if they ever needed anything. After they were gone, his brows furrowed, his thoughts going back to what Julieta said, Chronos must've gone back in time and gotten to her before he could, he did all of this, just to get to him.

He hoped the bastard was happy because it was working, but as much as he hated, there was nothing he could do at the moment, right now, he just wanted to be there for his daughter, in anyway he could, even if she didn't see him as her dad.

A few days later Julieta was in the kitchen, baking while Lily was playing outside, when she heard the sound of mail being pushed through the door.

She dusted off her hands and went to get it, she noticed a school logo on it, she raised a curious eyebrow, opened it and read out loud to herself.

"Dear Miss Madrigal, we're delighted to inform you that your daughter has been awarded a full Wayne Foundation Scholarship to the Gotham academy for gifted children? I don't remember applying for this, where-?" Julieta paused, the gears in her head turning.

"God bless that man!" A wide grin grew on her face as she ran out the door to tell her daughter.

"Lily! You won't believe what just came-" She didn't see Lily anywhere, the garden was completely empty.

"Mija? Mija?!" Her head whipped in every direction, looking for any sign of her daughter, that she was just playing hide and seek or playing with the other neighbourhood kids.

But when she saw Lily's crystal rose necklace lying on ground in front of the open garden gate, her heart dropped.

"LILY!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mam, are you sure your daughter didn't just wander off?" An officer at the GCPD asked Julieta.

"No, she knows never to go somewhere without telling me and she never goes anywhere without her necklace." She holds up Lily's necklace.

"It sound's like your daughter is a smart girl, and she'll come back on her own." Juileta paused, was this guy being for real right now?

"MY DAUGHTER HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED YOU LAZY PIG!" She burst.

"Her name is Lily Madrigal, she has big green eyes and beautiful brown skin, and no one is doing anything to help me find her!" Her voice sounded like she was on the verge of tears.

"Miss, our officers have more pressing matters to handle right now."

"... "

Julieta slapped the fat cop right in the face.

She was "escorted" out of the station and right now she felt like she could scream and break down at the same time, she came there to get help, but instead she was almost arrested for assaulting an officer and practically shoved out.

She doubted they'd be helpful even under different circumstances, Julieta has lived here long enough to notice all the stares and sneers people would give her as she passed them on the streets, she wanted to believe it was because of her magic, but she knew was just flat out bigotry.

Regardless, Gotham was a huge place and she sure couldn't search it on her own, she was going to need a hand.

She headed straight for Wayne Manor, seeing her rattled state already told Bruce something was wrong.

Julieta told him everything, especially about what happened before she came to him, recalling everything finally made her breakdown, Alfred being gracious enough to hand her a tissue.

"I know we don't know each other that well, but I didn't know where else to go." She drew in a shaky breath, trying to gather herself. "Can you please help me find my daughter?"

Bruce remained silent heavily contemplating his next words, him and Alfred shared a look, then he stood up and made his way to one of the bookcases.

"Julieta, please come with me."

Julieta complied, even she was very puzzled at his cryptic response, Alfred pulled back a particular book and the entire case moved to the side, revealing a staircase.

Bruce gestured for her to go down first and despite multiple red flags going off in her head, she went down the dark stairs, when she reached the bottom, she was met with the boggling site of the bat-cave.

She would've said oh my god, but all the words were taken away, she turned again, seeing Bruce in his Batman suit with the helmet, Julieta thought she'd seen it all, clearly not.

"Bruce...? You're Batman?!

"I believe it's my turn to explain."

And explain he did, he told her everything, about the original timeline, and how Chronos tamperd with, all the while Julieta's expression didn't change, remaining neutral, but still stern.

"So in your timeline, I die giving birth to Lily, you took her in and raised her, now this Chronos man changed everything to get back at you?" Bruce gave a nod in reply.

"...Was she loved?" Bruce took out a small photo and gave it to her, it was one of him, Lily, Dick, Jason and the rest of the bat family, Lily having the biggest and brightest smile by far, Julieta couldn't help but smile herself.

"Well, I guess all I can say is... thank you, for taking care of her when I couldn't."

Bruce was a little taken aback.

"You're taking this better than I thought you would."

"We live in a world of flying men, monsters and magic, it's not that hard to believe." Julieta but I don't care about any of that right now, so I'll ask again, can you please help me find my daughter?"

Bruce nodded and led her to his bat computer.

"Every person with magic has a distinct signature, and fortunately her signature was located in this warehouse." He pointed the location pinpointed on the screen. "This warehouse is frequented by Bane and his goons."

"Oh my god..." Julieta covered her mouth, Bruce placed a hand on her shoulder.

"We're going to get her back, I'd die before letting anything happen to her."
Julieta gained a small but confident smile in return and nodded.

"Let's get our daughter back."

Bane has just made the biggest mistake of his life, he pissed of a colombian mother.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

At the ware a couple of goons were just minding their own business, one was telling his friends how his kid got into the college he wanted. Then Batman burst in and beat the living sh💩t out of them.

"All clear." He said over the coms.

Just then Bane did a supervillain landing and left a huge dent on the floor.
"Looks like we've got a rodent infestation." He taunted.

"Where's the girl Bane?"

"You'll have to go through me to find out, I've been working on a new formula for my venom so that ain't happening." Bane smirked, Batman had noticed he looked ridiculously larger than he usually was.

His smirk vanished when something hit the back of his head, he looked to the ground and saw a wooden rolling pin.

"I didn't come alone." Bane looked in the direction it was thrown and saw Julieta standing there with a stern look.

Bane erupted into laughter.
"You need an old lady for backup now Bats?!"

"I've had a very long day, don't test me boy."

"Oh shut up hag."

The following glare Julieta gave could've started another ice age, she then reached down and pulled out something that made Bane's eyes widen in horror it was something that every child of a latin mother feared.

✨ La Chancla ✨

"A quién le estás diciendo "shut up" tu? A MÍ ME ESTÁS DICIENDO "SHUT UP?!" Bane started running away, But Julieta threw it at his head, knocking him to the floor and returning like a boomerang.

Julieta grabbed the rolling pin, yanked Bane's head and started spanking him with it.

"I 💥 Told 💥 You 💥 Not 💥 To 💥 Test 💥 Me!💥" Bane was crying at this point.
"Stop crying before I give something to cry about!" Batman could definitely see where Lily got her temper from.

He knelt down.
"You gonna tell us where she is or is this "old lady" gonna have to get mad."

Bane pointed towards a door with a shaky hand, Julieta slammed his head down and they both took off, leaving Bane to curl up in a ball and weep.

"Lo siento mama... I'll be a good boy..."

In the other room, Lily was huddled into herself, quietly crying when she saw the dark knight himself picking the lock to her cage.

"Batman?"

"It's gonna be alright Lily." He reassured her. He finally got the cage open and she spotted her mother.

"Mama!"

The two collided in a really tight hug.

"Thank you... thank you, thank you!" Julieta said between sobs of joy, she immediately started checking her for injuries just a few cuts a scratches, she pulled a piece of bread, one bite and they were all gone.

"I'm ok mama, really."

"I'm just so happy you're ok." Julieta pulled her back into the hug with wet cheeks.

"Wait, Mama, how do you know Batman? Are you two dating?" A light blush appeared her mother's cheeks and she swore she saw the outline of one under Batman's mask.

"That's not important right now mija, let's get out-"

"How sentimental, parent and child reunited." Those words, followed by a manic laugh that would give the Joker's a run for his money interrupted them, the villain that started all of this I emerged from the shadows.

"Chronos." Batman scowled.

"That's the man that kidnapped me!" Lily pointed at him.

"Right you are my dear girl."

"You put Bane up to this so we'd all be in one place, you set all of this."

"BINGO, BULLSEYE, RIGHT ON THE MONEY!" Chronos exclaimed at Batman's conclusion. "It was clear rewriting the past was doomed to fail because your paths always seem to cross."

"Mama what's he talking about?"

"Shhh..."

Batman reached for his belt but it wasn't there.

"You're really not getting this whole time power thing are you?" Chronos dangled his belt in front of him. "Enough blabbering, time to do what I should've done in the first place."

He brought out a blaster and it lit up with a cyan glow.

"Sorry Bats but your time is up-" A flying boe staff knocked the blaster out of his hands and Nightwing and Red Robin landed right on him.

"You're late." Batman said.

"I'd say we're right on time." Robin stared blankly at Nightwing, unimpressed at the terrible pun.

Chronos flipped both of them off him and lunged at Batman, the two went tumbling through a time portal, tussling through different time periods, the dinosaurs, Leonardo painting the Mona Lisa (he even managed paint them in the background) and to the night where this whole debacle started.

Chronos spotted their past selves on the building top across from, he smirked, giving the bat a strong head but and aimed his spare blaster at the past Batman.

"It's over for you Dark Knight, Gotham can kiss its protector goodbye and that that pink flower brat isn't gonna have a mommy or a daddy. You lose, I! WIN!"

"You know the reason villains never win?" Batman fired his grappling hook at Chronos' feet, it wrapped around them. "It's because you don't shut up." Batman yanked the line just as Chronos fire, so instead of the hitting his intended target, it went straight at his past self, disintegrating him on contact.

The present Chronos spasmed and screamed in agony.

Batman just stared at him darkly.
"No one hurts my little girl."

With a final shriek, the time villain was enveloped in a cyan light and he vanished, erased from existence.

"You're time is up."

Batman was transported back to the present where Nightwing, Robin, Julieta and Lily were, the cyan glow still remained, only glowing bright and enveloping the room further.

"Batman, what's happening?" Nightwing asked.

"The timeline's resting." He answered, sharing a look with Julieta, they both knew what that meant.

Julieta drew in a shaky breath.
"Mama..." She felt Lily clinging to her dress. "I don't wanna go... I don't wanna go..." Lily whimpered, Julieta gently shushed her kneeling down and hold her daughter's cheeks.

"Mija listen to me, it's going to be alright, you are going to be alright."

"I don't want to be without you." Julieta kept wiping her daughter's tears with her thumbs.

"I will always be with you, even if you can't see me, I'm there." Her voice began to tremble and eyes welled up. "I'm gonna standing right beside you, holding your hand, always." The two where now crying together, the light around kept growing in intensity.

They didn't have much longer left.

"You know... when I first came to Gotham, I was terrified, I didn't know what was going to happen. I asked for a miracle, and whoever was up there heard me, and they sent me you."

They smiled at each other.
"You are Mama's world, and she loves you with all her heart."

Lily gave her the biggest most love filled hug she could muster Julieta did the same.
"Always remember how special you are, you're gonna change the world someday."

"I love you Mama..."

Julieta turned to Batman.
"Take care of my baby." She whispered.

"I promise."

Julieta held her daughter tightly as they were all enveloped in the cyan light as the timeline was reset.
...
...
...

Batman found himself back on the rooftop, Chronos was about to escape when a blast came out of nowhere and seemingly turned the villain to ash.

Déjà vu

That was when it all came back to him, he whipped around seeing Robin and Lily had the same expressions, seemingly remembering everything that happened, or didn't happen now.

"Daddy?" He never thought he'd be so happy to be called that.

"Daddy!" Lily ran to him and he scooped her up in a tight hug, never wanting to let her go ever again.

"My girl... my little girl..." His breath shuddered with pure joy and relief with tears streaming from his mask, it was so good to jus hold her again.

They had a lot to handle and process from all of this, but right now, they were just content to have each other back and just be in each other's arms.

(Bonus scene)

A few days later, Bruce and Lily went to her house, or what would've been her house anyway, it was dark, dusty and gloomy, but it looked fairly decent, both of them were surprised another family hadn't bought it and moved in, but then again this is Gotham, crime ridden streets and abandoned buildings was its forte.

"Over there." Lily spotted what she was looking for, a photo album on the dining table.

She opened it seeing pictures of a much younger Julieta, a little older than Lily, with two other kids, a girl in a sunshine yellow dress and a boy with a green poncho.

(None of these drawings belong to me)

"That's my tía Peppa and tío Bruno." She pointed at them. "Mama told me they're magic too, Peppa could control the weather with her mood and Bruno could see the future."

"Did she tell what happened?" Bruce asked softly, Lily nodded but took a moment to answer.

"She was young, and she made mistakes... so when Abuela found out she was having me... she disowned her." Bruce's eyes widened slightly. "Things weren't so good where they lived at the time so she came here with no money, no English, and she made a whole new life for herself... for me..."

Lily breathed deeply, trying to calm herself.

"And after all she all she went through, she didn't hate them." She pulled out a piece of paper, it was hand written.

"It's a prayer." Lily said before Bruce asked. "She's thanking god for giving her another chance.... for blessing her with me... and she hopes that she could see them again." She teased up reading over it, Bruce brought her into into a comforting hug.

"I finally get to meet my mom, and then I lose her all over again."

"Hey, hey, listen to me, you never lost her, it's like she said, she'll always be with you, in here." Bruce placed his hand on her heart. "I didn't know her for very long, but I could tell, is that she was kind, generous and had so much love to give, just like you. Lily, she lives on through you, so she's never truly."

A happy tear ran down Lily's cheek, Bruce having trouble holding his in himself.

"So I'll tell you what we're gonna do, we're gonna go home and fill those empty pages with happy memories, ones that your mother would be overjoyed to see that you're having."

Lily hugged him tightly.
"I love you Daddy."

"I love you too baby."
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Mother's may not always be perfect, but at the end of the day they're the ones who love us the most.

Do me a favour and give your mother a hug and tell her how much you appreciate her.
💖💖💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 282 9
Just a few oneshots about your favourite boy wonder. I don't do smuts and I don't do angst, just fluff pieces and stories. There may be a little angs...
22K 545 36
Short stories about some one shots I have about the Batbros (Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Damian Wayne)(Mostly because I know more about...
49.3K 1K 12
❝ 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 . ❞ Batfam x reader headcanons and more
1.5K 81 45
Young Grace Hunter finds herself in trouble when she decides to write a book about all the superheroes and villains of the Justice League and Marvel...