UP IN FLAMES - Lydia Martin

Per glitterdior

Skylar Argent is not your usual teen. She is a danger, she is the embodiment of the devil, and most of all, s... Més

Up In Flames
Act 01.
001. Introducing the psychopath
002. Flasback to when you met me
004. The many mysteries of Skylar Argent
005. Like mother, like daughter
006. Alleycat and the dog
007. Know thy enemy
008. Unknown number
009. Something wicked this way comes
010. Humiliation hallucination
011. Family before all
012. The weapon of vengeance
Act 02.
013. Skylar's return

003. Fuck high school

325 22 1
Per glitterdior

╰┈➤ chapter two;
fuck high school

💥⚡️💌

             SKYLAR FOLLOWED Gerard and Chris into the older man's study.

"I'm not interested in whether they locked up a sixteen-year-old kid." Said Gerard.

"I'm interested in what's going to happen to that sixteen-year-old kid when the moon hits its peak tonight. Do we have proof?"

"Is the next step killing him?" Asked Chris and Skylar scoffed.

"Duh." Skylar said, bored out of her mind. Chris looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

Gerard, however, sent her a small smirk. "The next step is eliminating the threat. Do we have proof?"

"I haven't been in history class for a while, but I'm pretty sure straight-up genocide hasn't worked out too often."

Gerard shook his head. "Do we have proof, or not?"

"Not irrefutable. . ." Chris sighed. "But not insignificant. The driver's side door of Lahey's car was pried off."

Skykar frowned. "Pried off?"

"Ripped off." Corrected Chris, sending Skylar into an even deeper ravine of thoughts.

Something in the doorway caught Gerard's eye and Skylar noticed. Slowly, she turned around and spotted Allison listening in on the conversation. The blonde walked forward and closed the door, never breaking eye contact with Allison until the door had shut.

💥⚡️💌

Gerards plan was absolutely shit according to Skylar. In her opinion, the old man had stepped way too far and was getting ahead of himself. If he kept on making drastic decisions like this, her own agenda would backfire, which it couldn't otherwise she would be in deep shit. It was fifteen to nine when the hunter dressed as a police officer left the Argent garage.

"Allison?" Chris called out and Allison almost jumped in front of the door. Skylar frowned. There was no way Allison was that fast, so she had definitely been listening in again.

"Come in. We'd like to talk to you." Gerard said and the brunette shook her head.

"I'm supposed to study with Lydia. I really don't have time to chat." She denied, a nervous laugh escaping her lips.

Chris cleared his throat. "Actually, that's who we want to talk to you about, sweetheart."

The blonde rolled her eyes. It was obvious from the look in Allison's eye that she would definitely spill this to someone later, anyway. A certain ginger girl who seemed to be best pals with her cousin. Did Lydia remember Skylar's surname and decided to befriend her family member as a way to get at her even when she was living in Boston? What a fucking bitch.

💥⚡️💌

Skylar had enough. Killing monsters was one thing, but getting kidnapped for Allison's training? That was too much. She could've easily been asleep by now, but god forbid, because poor little Allison needed her stupid training. It was Chris' and Victoria's fault for leaving it for when Allison was older.

She remembered the night of her very own training, the day of her eighth birthday. It was brutal, but she had managed it.

Sitting in the dark abandoned house, Skylar had to admit she was getting bored. Suddenly, Allison next to her started to cry and thrash around when one of the hunters took the bag of her head.

The cloth in Skylar's mouth started to taste bitter and make her mouth dry. She was going to kill Chris for this later.

"Ever wonder what happens if a Hunter gets bitten, Allison? Ever wonder what happens if you get bitten? What do you think your father would do? What do you think he'd have to do? When all it would take to change everything is...one bite...One bite..."

Chris started to break the chair he was bound to and Skylar decided to do the same. She gained enough momentum by rocking back and forward and snapped the back of it, freeing herself.

"Everything changes." Said chris, taking the gag of Allison.

"Is this how we're gonna do father-daughter talks from now on?" Said the brunette furiously and Skylar chuckled quietly.

"No. . ." Chris said. "This is how we're gonna train you." He picked up an arrowhead. "Do you know why we use arrows?"

"They can't heal until it's taken out. Look familiar?" Chris showed his daughter an arrow a hunter had collected from the scene where Isaac Lahey's father was mauled to death.

"You were going to kill him." Seethed Allison.

Skylar smirked. "That's right. And, if we find Isaac on another full moon, we will kill him."

Chris nodded. "That's the hard choice we make. But it wasn't my choice."

"Gerard?" Asked Allison.

"No." Answered Chris. "See, our family has a surprisingly progressive tradition. Knowing wars and violence are typically started by men, we place the final decisions –the hard ones– with the women. Our sons are trained to be soldiers. Our daughters...to be leaders."

Allison's head snapped to look at Skylar who leaning against a falling apart door frame and smirking. The blonde shrugged with a proud expression.

"Training starts now. Time her." Chris told Allison.

For two hours, Skylar and some hunter she didn't know the name of, waited by Allison's car. There was some rustling of leaves and the brunette came running out, rubbing her wrists.

"Congrats." Said the hunter.

Allison glanced at Skylar who looked like she had better things to be doing. "For what? It took me two and a half hours."

"Took me three when I did it."

"It took me half an hour." Scoffed Skylar. "I was eight."

Allison raised an eyebrow at her, wondering if Skylar wasn't born an Argent and wasn't forced to kill since she was eight, would she have turned out different? If their family weren't hunters, would Skylar be nice? Would they see each other every week and be the best of friends? Allison could only wish because life was set in motion and there was nothing she could do to change it.

💥⚡️💌

At school the next day, it was announced that Skylar and her class would be doing a climbing frame and she wasn't excited about it. Why did Gerard even make her go to school? She would've been fine without it.

"Martin and blonde Argent! You're up!"

Skylar made a show of dramatically rolling her eyes and taking her time in walking to the climbing frame. She ignored Lydia and Lydia ignored her. Honestly, could this day get any worse?

She climbed up to the top silently, and jumped off when she got to the top. She quickly unbuttoned herself from the harness and sat down behind the class, which was all standing. She leaned her back against the wall and sighed.

For the next climbers, Skylar zoned out. She jumped when coaches voice rung throughout the room.

"McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy. . . All right, next two! Stilinski, Erica, let's go! The wall."

Erica and stiles started to climb the wall but the blonde stopped when she was a few feet above the ground.

"Oh, please–" she panicked.

Coach frowned. "Erica? Dizzy? Is it vertigo?"

"Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear." Said Lydia snidely and Skylar rolled her eyes. She got up from where she was sitting and walked to the front of the crowd.

Skylar scoffed. "She's just freaking out."

"Erica. . ."

"I'm fine." Said the girl, breathing hard.

Allison turned to coach. "Coach, maybe it's not safe. You know, she's epileptic."

Coach threw his hands into the air. "Why doesn't anybody tell me this stuff?" He asked exasperatedly. "Erica, you're fine. Just-just kick off from the wall. There's mat to catch you. Come on."

Erica slowly made her way down and coach smiled when she passed him.

"See? You're fine. You're on the ground. You're all right. Let's go. Shake it off. You're fine." He turned to the group. "Listen up! Anybody sees Isaac Lahey, you immediately tell the principal. Get a teacher, or you call me. Except for you, Greenberg – don't call me for anything. I'm not kidding. Don't call me. You shouldn't even have my number."

💥⚡️💌

Reapplying some dark red lipstick to her lips, Skylar tilted her head as she looked into the mirror. She was considering dying her hair again and this time she didn't give a single shit if people made fun of her. They could talk all they liked, over the years, Skylar had learned to love the attention.

The sound of the bathroom door slamming open made the blonde jump. She spun around and came face to face with Lydia fucking Martin.

A scowl appeared on her face and the ginger must've noticed her presence as her eyes widened. It was only then did Skykar notice the tear tracks on her cheeks.

A small smirk lifted the corners of the blonde's mouth. She placed a mocking hand over her heart. "Aww, boy problems? I cant believe that the 'amazing' Lydia Martin of Beacon Hills is crying over a boy! How fucking pathetic."

Skylar turned momentarily and grabbed her lipstick, shoving it into her pocket. "You look sad. I hope you stay that way forever." She said before leaving the bathroom.

💥⚡️💌

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

154K 2.7K 31
~only evil can punish evil~ Nina Hale never asked to be thrown into a bank vault in the very town that murdered her family. She wanted a fresh start...
15.9K 287 60
silvern /ˈsɪlv(ə)n/ adjective Made of or coloured silver Ariana is left reeling after the pack's latest battle and the losses of those close to her...
350K 10K 29
𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗 Sarah Stilinski is only a few years older than...
32.8K 834 49
You just moved to beacon hills and Are living the life. You are friends with these Popular Juniors until your world is flipped upside Down when you f...