Too late | KSJ

By Taekooksnoona

Money is tight and the current company you worked for doesn't see your full potential so you leave. Looking f... More

Introductions
Ch. 1 What am i doing?
Ch. 2 This is too much
Ch. 3 Who does he think he is?
Ch. 4 Do i take the job?
Ch. 5 Maybe he isnt so bad?
Ch. 6 His ex?
Ch. 7 What is up with him today?
Ch. 8 What's wrong with me?
Ch.9 Daegu boys
Ch.10 He seems different these days
Ch. 11 why do i care so much?
Ch.12 its my turn to have some fun
Ch.13 Lingering
Ch.14 I cant have feelings
Ch.15 Vacation
Ch. 17 Lets dance
Ch. 18 going back home
Ch. 19 jealous?
Ch.20 i need you
Ch.21 Day trip
Ch.22 Confession
Ch.23 Delicate
Ch.24 Act Normal
Ch.25 Halloween
Ch.26 I love yous
Ch. 27 moving
Ch.28 New experiences
Ch.29 Birthday
Ch. 30 please
Ch.31 Holidays
Ch. 32 Alpaca
Ch. 33 Christmas eve
Ch.34 What if i told you...
Ch. 35 Five Months
Ch. 36 How can that be?
Ch. 37 Surprise
Ch. 38 It's a...
Ch. 39 Our girl
Ch. 40 Miss you

Ch.16 Silent thoughts

232 19 1
By Taekooksnoona

Chapter sixteen

Seokjin's pov

It was way too early; I've never been a morning person and honestly it didn't even look like Jungkook slept yet. But we were here, on a boat zooming out into the ocean's darkness, you can just start to see light off in the distance as if the sun was slowly peaking through to say hello. Y/n however is all smiles and really chatting it up with the guys that are taking us on this adventure. I'm freezing and irritated, but I was doing my best to not let that show to her, because honestly she just looks so happy and relaxed for a change. Her hair was braided for a change and to my liking no make-up, just her simple beauty shining bright for all to see. Every now and then she glances my way and each time I feel a jolt of warmth shoot through my body. I do my best to give her a smile but each time it just seems weird and pathetic, Jungkook on the other hand is now passed out and leaning on my arm. Such a child, but a cute one I guess. He never could stay awake on long car rides, planes and I guess now boats.

I admire y/n though, she wasn't lying when she said this had always been a dream on hers. She really seemed to know her stuff and all these idiots who were drooling over her seemed to be pretty impressed with her. There was a crew of four guys on this little boat, well maybe not so little but smaller than the boats I've usually been on. Two were younger than me, maybe about Jungkook's age and one about my age or maybe a year or two older and then there was the oldest guy. He was the one chatting it up with y/n the most, he was definitely old enough to be her dad or maybe even older but she seemed to be excited to even be engaging with this guy. I wish she would look at me like that, with excitement and be able to share or talk about all the things she is interested in.

"Hey y/n, come up here and look"

It's like her eyes light up as she jumps to her feet and hurries over to the side of the boat where the younger guys were. I get up as well and follow just out of curiosity. "Wow" y/n breathes, its hushed and everything around us is silent, they had cut the engine a few moments ago and now I can see why. No more than fifteen feet away is a pod of whales swimming around and showing off for us. It really was an amazing sight to see but I can't help my wondering eye and look over at y/n. I'm surprised when I see tears slowly falling down her soft cheeks, all while she wears the most beautiful smile. I wish I could capture this moment with a picture, instead I reach over and gently wipe away her tears. Her smile widens before our eyes lock, without much thought I smile back. It's a genuine smile for a change and I can tell she notices, if only I could make her this happy every day. She definitely deserved it. "Let's suit up and go" we both practically jump, I guess we were too caught up in our own moment.

She takes my hand and leads me back over to Jungkook, her palm felt so warm in my own. Our hands perfectly fit together also, I must be tired or something. I'm not usually one to have such cheesy or stupid thoughts like this. "Wow did you see that hyung? I can't believe were going to go swim with them" I blink a few times as Jungkook appears, y/n lets go of my hand now and starts to grab her things. We had all put our wetsuits on earlier just to make it easier. "Yeah I seen, the water is going to be freezing" I complain making the two chuckle "Probably but this will be an unforgettable moment for us hyung" I nod as we meet the rest of the guys once again, they give us another run down on things and then we finally get in the water. Honestly speaking I felt hesitant, but y/n got in like a damn pro as did Jungkook so I didn't want to seem like a scaredy cat.

Jungkook has his camera and so does the older guy who seemed to be best friends with y/n, they promised with this excursion we will get videos and photos with the whales. y/n seemed all too excited about that, she was actually in the front leading us, this girl really had no fear or something. These whales were fucking huge and honestly that was intimidating, y/n looked like a tiny fish next to them and yet she showed no fear and even from a distance you can see her smiling eyes in that mask of hers. I can't deny that the scene in front of me was something I'd never forget, the water was so clear, and the sun was now high enough to light up the sky above us making it even easier to see these beautiful creatures. The rays from the sun were casting through the blue waters and shining right on y/n as she was practically face to face with a mother and baby. It was beautiful and something you'd see only in movies or maybe a computer screen background. I hoped that one of them got a photo for y/n's sake.

I was fine with keeping my distance and letting everyone else get close and swim, Jungkook stayed by y/n most of the time. They did their best to swim and keep up with the whales for a bit. It was crazy seeing these huge creatures take a liking to us, after a while it felt like they were putting on a personal show just for us. The highlight for me though was when y/n came over and took my hand in hers once again and pulled me with her, no doubt she knew I was scared hence my distance. But the pod of whales was starting to leave so she took my hand, and we swam behind them, it was the closest I had gotten all morning. I was thankful to her though, because this was something I never dreamed of doing but was so happy I did. I also felt safe with her hand in mine, I'm not sure if she picked up on that but in this moment, I was happy and never wanted to let go.

After we get back to the boat everyone changes and lunch is provided, I'm surprised to say the least when I see y/n in her bikini top and just some jean shorts. I'm not sure why I expected her to get fully dressed, I mean it was hot out so maybe that was the reason? Or maybe she was interested in one of these guys. I know they were more than likely interested in her, as soon as she came out no one could take their eyes off her, not that I blame them. But still I felt jealous? Or at least I think that's what it was, I was irritated no doubt and felt the need to protect and maybe cover her up, but it wasn't my place to do so. Even Jungkook was shamelessly staring at her exposed chest. "Y/n you were amazing today, if you ever want to quit the corporate life you have a spot with us today" Tristan says, he was one of the younger guys. He was built much like Jungkook but with more tattoos and shorter hair, his eyes lingered the most on y/n, I really didn't like it. He much like the rest of this crew was shirtless and showing off their bodies.

"Appreciate it but I can't leave Mr. Kim he needs me too much" I smile as our eyes meet, she has that cute smirk on her lips and teasing tone I like. "Yeah hyung would be lost without Noona" Jungkook chuckles "Well you have my number, the offer is an open invitation" Tristan smiles, y/n simply nods and turns towards Tucker the older gentleman she had been talking to earlier. Once they're in a full-blown conversation again Tristan gives me and Jungkook a dirty look before he heads back to the front of the boat. "Asshole" Jungkook mutters making me chuckle. "He's just mad he can't have y/n" I state making Jungkook chuckle.

The rest of the ride back went smoothly, y/n talked mostly with Tucker and would keep her eye on me every now and then. I liked this new habit of hers, made me feel special in a sense. I was exhausted though and ready for a nap, Jungkook had nodded off again right as we were about to dock. I wanted nothing more than to just lay in my bed with y/n in my arms. Yeah I was truly out of it for thinking such thoughts, but it sounded nice. Being entangled in each others embrace...I could only dream of it though. "Don't be strangers, you all are welcome back any time, and we will email the photos and videos within a few days" Tucker says as we say our goodbyes. We all give our thanks and head towards the car Jungkook had rented "I'll drive" y/n smiles "You sure?" I ask, how can she not be tired? "Yes Mr. Kim, I honestly don't trust either of you right now. You both look so tired" I tsk making her smile as Jungkook hands her the keys "Thank you Noona" he yawns.

To no one's surprise Jungkook fell asleep in the backseat, the house was only a thirty-minute drive away, so I did my best to stay awake. "Did you have fun today?" I ask, the AC blowing in our faces felt wonderful "Literally one of the best days of my life" she grins, the urge to kiss her lately was stronger than ever, I couldn't even believe that I was having these thoughts. It just wasn't like me, I haven't had genuine feelings for anyone in so long this just feels weird. "Good, I like seeing you so happy" That shy smile I treasure is on her face as she glances over at me "Did you have fun?" "Surprisingly yeah, it was a lot of fun. I'm excited to see what photos they may have gotten" I'd frame that one of her if they caught it on camera. "Oh me too!" I chuckle at her excitement; fuck she was cute. "I will admit I am so looking forward to a nap" she cutely giggles "So am I, that was a long morning and oddly enough I'm starving again" "Same!" I smile as we get closer to the house, its still a little early in the day so no one should be back from the yacht just yet. "I can always cook us something before we nap if you like" I can feel her gaze but for some reason I feel too embarrassed to look her way. "You cook?" tsk, this girl. "Of course I cook, there's nothing I can't do y/n. I'm basically perfect in every way" I brag making her chuckle "Okay Mr. perfect cook us something good so we can go to bed with full tummy's" "Deal"

~

I end up making us Guksu, it's a simple noodle dish that I rather enjoy because you can add whatever you like to switch up the flavors. I was happy that Jungkook ate his bowl fast and then went to his room to actually sleep. Meanwhile y/n and I ate in the living room so we can watch some tv for a change, embarrassingly enough I was happy she sat fairly close to me on the couch. I really was becoming some pathetic loser when it came to her. "So do you like it?" I ask as she takes another bite, I chuckle when she looks over at me mid bite with noodles basically falling out of her mouth. "Jerk" she mumbles, though she has that playful glare on her face "Its good, clearly" she chuckles at her almost empty bowl "See I'm perfect." She tsks as she sets her bowl down on the coffee table and pulls one of the throw blankets over her lap, the house was cold because of the blasting ac. I finish up my own bowl and set it next to her as I grab for my own blanket, I wasn't even sure what we were watching but honestly I didn't care it was just nice being next to her. "I'm so sleepy" she yawns, the effects of the early morning were finally hitting her

"We can go lay down and watch this later" I yawn back, it was contagious. "I'm too lazy to move though" she smiles, I nod in agreement, I felt pretty comfortable right here with her. "Well let's just stay here" I grab the remote and turn the lights down as well as close the curtains to make it darker in here. Y/n smiles as she lays down now and gets more comfortable. I slouch down a bit as well and get more comfortable, though I really want to just reach over and pull her into my arms so we can cuddle and sleep together.Seriously who was I? I'm way out of line for thinking such things. But my mind seems to keep doing this to me unwillingly ; I'd be mortified if anyone ever found out what I was thinking. I wasn't one to get a crush like this, assuming that's what's going on. It was just an innocent crush that I'd surely get over because we can never act on such things. This was strictly a work relationship and nothing more.

Glancing down I'm surprised to see that y/n had already fallen asleep, I gently move her hair away from her face and smile. If only she'd move a couple more inches closer, her head would be resting in my lap, I was pathetic. I sigh and pull her blanket around her more and just watch her sleep until I slowly start to drift into my own slumber

~

Your pov

I can hear faint voices as I start to wake up, I felt so comfortable I didn't really want to move but still I force my eyes open. I can hear faint snoring, so I look up and see Mr. Kim half hunched over me. His hand is resting on my waist as my head is practically resting in his lap. I'm flustered in an instant, I can feel my face get hot as butterflies swirl in my stomach. I don't move though; I just stay put for a moment longer and enjoy this closeness. He had been strange all day; it was like his walls were finally coming down enough so I can peek over and see what's on the other side. I myself may have pushed this, I grabbed his hand a few times today, they fit so perfectly, and his hands were so soft and big. I don't regret anything either, today was absolutely perfect, the only thing that could make it even better would be to finally kiss those puffy lips of his. The thought is ridiculous of course but I can silently dream. My feelings for him were getting a little out of control and I knew I needed to get a grasp on them but a big part of me didn't want to. As I've said, as long as my thoughts and feelings remained silent and didn't interfere with either of our lives there's no harm done right? Seeing him today smiling at me, with a full genuine smile nearly brought tears to my eyes. He just looked so cute and happy, and I think with a little more of that in his life he'd really start to blossom and be more of his authentic self.

"Shh, I think they're sleeping."

I close my eyes and pretend to sleep once again, as footsteps approach "Hyung should just give her a chance, he clearly has some type of feelings for her" Namjoon says "She's not his type, Jade is more up his ally" I could only assume the voice was Larissa, I can't deny the sting in my chest. This was information I had already known but still hearing it from someone else made my insides crumble. "Y/n is gorgeous, and they look good together you're just being a hater" The higher male voice is no doubt Hoseok, Larissa starts to protest making Mr. Kim stir awake. His hand grabs at my waist for a moment before he removes himself completely "What time is it?" he mumbles, I pretend to stir awake also making Mr. Kim look down at me "Rise and shine, its just about six o clock so Dinner will be ready soon" Namjoon grins, I sit up and stretch before looking over the couch at the rest of the yacht crew "Did you guys have fun?" I ask as Jungkook walks in "I'm starving" He yawns "Yeah it was a lot of fun, you guys should of came" Bridget says smiling my way. She surprisingly enough was the nicest of the girls, she's also the one I'm jealous of because her and Mr. Kim seem closer than any of the other woman he's been with. I've seen her the most from the list and although it shouldn't bother me it does. "Next time, I'm going to go wash up" she nods as do a few others while I gather my bowl and put it in the sink before heading to my room. Oddly enough I still felt tired, but I also felt gross, so I hop in the shower and get ready for dinner.
~

"Honestly speaking I can't see myself settling down unless..." jade glances over at Mr. Kim making a few of the girl's chuckle. Dinner was just about over, and I wanted nothing more than to run to my room and get away from this conversation. It was only day two and it was more than clear that Jade didn't like me, which was fine. I didn't really like her either but at least I knew how to be cordial. "I'm not marriage material" Mr. Kim says making a few of the guys laugh, his statement intrigues me though because he was basically bragging about him being perfect just a few short hours ago. Did he really not see himself as husband material or was he just trying to get Jade off his ass? He was clearly husband material though, if he let his guard down I'm sure he'd be the most incredible husband. "You are 100% marriage material, and you know it Seokjinnie but we all are aware of your fear of commitment"

Bridget is oddly the one to speak up, she is defiantly a little drunk right now. I'm further surprised when Mr. Kim chuckles instead of getting angry about her comment, though he did have quite a few drinks himself so maybe he was tipsy. "Yeah...or maybe I just haven't found anyone worthy enough to have those thoughts" I can see Jade frown out the corner of my eye, I don't dare look at Mr. Kim's face, I just keep my head down and look at my almost empty plate. I was trying to keep a low profile tonight but for some reason I could feel his eyes on me in this moment and it made me sweaty. "It's not like you give anyone a chance to show you their best self anyways" Jade mutters clearly upset. But Mr. Kim doesn't act on her comment this time, instead another conversation gets started about tomorrow nights festivities. Tomorrow we were going to a local club to celebrate both Jungkook and Namjoon's birthdays. I was excited to get out and possibly away from these people and meet some locals, in my mind it made sense to meet new men and see where things go.

It would help me get over my crush with Mr. Kim but in my heart the thought of being with someone else just felt wrong. I hated that it felt wrong to because I was single and had no loyalty to Mr. Kim like that. Workwise yes but romance wise we were nothing. "You going to have a few drinks with us y/n? possibly go for a late night swim?" I look up and see Hoseok smiling at me "Um no I think I'm going to head to bed, I'm still tired" he nods but looks slightly disappointed, though I see a few pleased faces next to him and Jungkook. "Have fun" I smile as I get up and make my exit, as much as I hate to admit this, it was getting hard for me to see Mr. Kim flirting and being with other woman. It's something I should be used to, I call the woman for him so this only further proved that my feelings for him were beginning to be too much. So I go to my room and get ready for bed, silently wishing Mr. Kim would join me.

~

💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 4.6K 105
(A BTS x Reader Fanfic) They say if you really want something, if you work hard enough, you'll get that and more. You've wanted to be an idol since...
57.7K 2.5K 51
You get the chance to start over with a dream job opportunity. Will life in a new country, working for the biggest K-Pop group in the world be all ev...
1.2K 163 57
"Okay, I'm sorry, I'm just saying, you know literally nothing, and to a normal person, that was a normal interaction. Don't read anything into it unt...
32K 1K 21
𝕽𝖊𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖙 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊 𝖚𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖑 𝖆𝖓 𝖚𝖓𝖗𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖓𝖔 𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖙𝖎𝖔�...