Trauma [H.S]

By Pats1Dbooks

I went to another country to continue my medical studies. Forced myself to be someone I was not just to fit i... More

intro
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14

5

51 5 60
By Pats1Dbooks

Valeria Chambers

Rebecca and I both watched from our place on the couch as Joelle -caked with makeup yet again after she took a shower and slept for half an hour at her flat- emerged from Jessica's room and walked towards the front door, my blood boiling in my veins but I had to keep it cool.

Up until when Becky decided to open her mouth "Hey Val, weren't you supposed to see Harry in like half an hour to get started on your first tutoring session with him?"

I glared at her with narrowed eyes.

I can't believe she just said that!

I literally had nothing planned with Harry!

I did not have Harry on my schedule for today except for this morning.

Joelle chimed in with that same devilish smirk "oh really, are you sure it's today? Because I've got my date with him in like... Ten minutes or so..."

I looked up at her blue eyes with a nod "yeah I'm pretty sure it's today."

I just have to play along I guess.

My heart is about to jump out of my body though.

She raised a questioning eyebrow at me as I watched her hand scavenge through her pink purse and fish out her phone.

She then opened it and tapped on the screen, her dangerously long manicured nails made clicking sounds as she typed away "well then, let's make sure of that because I don't trust you."

Oh shit. Now I'm so screwed. What do I do?!

Just act normal Valeria. It'll be fine.

It's all your fault Becky and your talkative mouth.

But you're still my best friend either way.

Joelle put the phone on speaker and we all heard the ringing.

Beep

Beep

"Hello?" The deep raspy voice that belonged to Harry was heard.

I can't believe he actually picked it up!

Ughh I'm gonna do some things to him that he won't like if this doesn't go as planned.

Will you just stop beating so fast?! Calm down heart!

"Hey babe, it's me Joelle. I mean you already know that because my number is saved in your contacts. We're still going on that date you promised me with today right? You don't have anything else in like.. half an hour?" The Grinch said loud enough so that the whole neighborhood could hear.

There was a long pause before his voice was heard again "actually I do have some stuff I need to do in half an hour, and I never promised you anything. You're delusional and-"

She turned off the speaker so we wouldn't hear anything he was saying afterwards. She turned around with a very annoyed expression on her face and stormed off in the direction of the exit door while still having the phone pressed tightly to her ear. She slammed the door shut once she was out.

Rebecca said from beside me "phew, that was close."

I whipped my head really quickly towards her that I almost got whiplash. I stared at her like she was some kind of alien "close?! She was about to gain one point for her side if he hadn't said that! She would've known that we were up to something!"

She looked at me with an amused look on her face "Vee, now you've scored one point for your side and she's got none. We're winning babes."

I shook my head "but that was too risky! God, what if it didn't happen the way it did?!"

Becky placed her hand on my shoulder "relax, it's over now. You're overthinking. I can practically see the engines working up there in your head. She isn't going anywhere. Besides, I wouldn't have said that if I knew that Harry didn't want to be with her. So thanks to you, our first mission is now complete."

"You're crazy." I said while narrowing my eyes at her.

She gave me a toothy grin, showing off her perfect teeth "for some fun? Of course I'm crazy."

My worry turned into a grin to match hers "oh well, maybe I'm crazy for some fun too."

She removed her hand from my shoulder "of course you are honey. That's why we're going to the party tomorrow!"

I widened my eyes, totally forgetting about that "no I'm not going! Not in a million years! I hate parties. I like fun but not that kind of fun Becky."

Rebecca scrunched her eyebrows "what? Why? Harry he will be there, but our agreement to ghost him still stands so don't worry. You really don't wanna miss the first party of any year. So many fun things happen there! And seriously, what's your definition of fun? Laying in bed and reading books from morning till night?"

Wow she does know me really well.

I shrugged and scoffed "Harry invited me to this party. I told him I don't want to go so I'm not going."

She ran a hand across her face "seriously? You're way crazier than I am."

I smiled "just kidding, he insisted that I come. But only for one party. No more parties after that."

Rebecca squealed and jumped in her place "oh my God that's awesome!! Oh wait you do have plans today then!"

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at her dumbfounded "no I don't."

She shook her head "as far as I know, you only have hoodies, sweatpants, anything oversized, undergarments and PJs in your suitcase. That's why we are gonna go shopping for something that suits this party. Oh my God I love shopping for dresses!"

I widened my eyes "what! No! I like my clothes and I'm not gonna wear dresses or skirts or anything too tight."

She pouted "you scared of getting out of your comfort zone love? You need to live a little. Don't give a damn about life or what others might think, just for tomorrow night. Please? For me? Pretty please?"

I hesitated for a moment.

Can I really do something like that? Step out of my comfort zone?

Well I've already stepped out when I agreed to go to this party, it wouldn't kill me if I didn't wear an oversized hoodie and some sweatpants for one day.

Right?

I nodded my head before I could chicken out and I got a hug from her as a response.

So here we are. Standing in the middle of a store surrounded with tons of colourful dresses in all sizes and designs.

These are all so beautiful but I don't think any of them are for me.

I can't see myself wearing a dress. I'd feel so weird.

Walking through the aisles as I followed Becky around, I almost crashed into her when she stopped abruptly and held an extremely short red dress that I think my ass would show if I wore that thing.

She turned around to face me and raised her eyebrows "do you like it?"

I gave her a bored look "no, it's too short."

Her shoulders slumped as she huffed "this is the fifth dress I'm showing you and I loved all five of them while you didn't like any! So that's it. Next one I pick you'll try it and we'll buy it because you won't like any of them and we won't buy anything if I waited for you to pick one."

She pursed her lips together "you need to start dressing more like a girl, not dress like a frat boy who has only hoodies in his closet because no one will notice you if you keep wearing those kind of clothes. I mean you'd look great in anything, really. I promise. But you know, it's nice to have more options for other occasions."

She sighed "remember, I'm trying to help you step out of your comfort zone. Live a little, Val. Okay?"

Well to be honest with you Becks, I only have hoodies in my closet.

And I do need to step out of my comfort zone, get used to the real world and not whatever world my mind has created.

I folded my arms in front of me "fine, whatever. Let's just get out of here quick 'cause it's making me nervous."

She chuckled under her breath as she continued to walk, with me trailing behind her of course. I could walk beside her but the aisles were too narrow.

Yet again, she gasped when she picked a black dress that had a sleek and minimal design, with two thin stripes running across the shoulders. The dress was made out of a flowing fabric that fell gracefully to about mid-thigh length, which gave it an elegant and feminine look.

It looked simple, and I liked simple, but I just didn't like dresses.

She shoved the dress in my hands then pulled me towards the dressing room "come on! I wanna see how it looks on you!"

I closed the door behind me, now facing the mirror in the small changing room.

Out of curiosity and caution, I poked at the mirror with my finger and kept it there to see if it was a two-way mirror and if someone or something was behind it like another room or if it was just a normal one. Thankfully, I could see the gap between my real finger and the reflection, which meant it was a normal mirror.

Always check that. You never know who might be watching from behind your reflection.

I quickly changed my clothes, trying my best not to look at my body as much as possible before I slipped into the dress.

Once the zipper was secured with a slight struggle to get it up from the angle, I looked up at myself, but it wasn't me, I was looking at a completely different person from the girl I knew in hoodies and baggy jeans.

There was too much exposed skin. My shoulders, my slim legs, and even my cleavage was slightly showing despite having an almost flat chest. It hugged my body in all the right places, flowing freely down to my mid-thigh like I have suspected.

But the thing that confused me was that..

I actually liked it.

But only for a brief second before I hugged myself trying to cover whatever skin was exposed.

Now I hated that it was on me. Those kind of clothes weren't made for me.

I shrieked when the door suddenly opened and in came Rebecca before she shut the door quickly behind her.

The first thing she did was hold my wrists and pry them away from my body. Her eyes widened as well as her smile "wow!"

Before I could say anything, she continued "this is what you've been hiding under your baggy clothes?! You're so bloody gorgeous love!"

I couldn't help but blush madly. No one has ever told me something like that before except for my mum, but you know, some mothers would say anything to make their children feel loved and appreciated. Mine was like that, but I just smiled in return every time without knowing what to say.

I didn't have that self confidence. I never thought that I was beautiful, despite my mother saying otherwise, so I assumed that I was ugly and I hid my body as much as I could.

I'm nothing.

No. I'm not nothing. I'm worthy and I'll prove it.

I was speechless.

I mean, how do you reply to that when your tongue felt dry and there was a lump in your throat?

Thanking her silently, she tapped my shoulder as she said "now c'mon, get changed, we'll buy this one! Well I'm buying it for you as a present so you're not gonna have to worry about paying me back. You just worry about paying for rent this month. I know you still don't have a job and until you get one and get your first ever payment, all of your new clothes will be presents from me."

I nodded my head with a soft grin on my face "thank you so much Becky. I really appreciate it."

Seriously, I appreciated it so much, because I only had enough money to pay the rent and get food. I never thought I might need the money to buy clothes. I never thought I'd be going to parties in the first place.

Once she was out, I looked back at myself in the mirror and inspected the dress a little longer. Taking in the view as much as possible and trying to convince myself that I looked nice.

Before I could change my mind about buying it and going to the party, I changed into my usual clothes quickly then followed her to the cashier.

I stepped out of the front door with my dress inside the bag I was holding.

Rebecca turned around to face me "now that we're done with this, it's time to find you a place to work at before we head back home, and I know the perfect place for you to work at my dear."

Well this didn't go as bad as I thought.

Maybe I'll actually have a job soon too.

This is going so well.

A/N: We've got the dress, we're going to the partyyy and we'll get a job soon next chapter!!! :D

Opinions? :)

Don't forget to click that little star ;)

I'll upload the next chapter as soon as it's ready! :p

Love you! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

321K 10.3K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
189K 2.3K 31
"You ain't leaving until you suck my cock Y/n." he said with deep voice holding her hair tightly... ~𝒔𝒆𝒙 𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒔 ~𝒔𝒎𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 ~𝒆...
513K 16.1K 74
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...