Every Arc Ends with My Death

De Aomine-san

For an extra inside a novel, there is no concept of life and death, and the clock never stops ticking with or... Mai multe

Chapter 1. The Prologue of a Tragedy (I)
Chapter 2. The Prologue of a Tragedy (II)
Chapter 3. And So, We Meet Again
Chapter 4. Bad Timing Reunion
Chapter 5. A Gusty and Daring Maid (I)
Chapter 6. A Gutsy and Daring Maid (II)
Chapter 7. Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 8. Special Treatment
Chapter 9. Flowers and Fortune
Chapter 10. A Fateful Encounter
Chapter 11. Fears and Tears
Chapter 12. Temptations
Chapter 13. Leila
Chapter 14. Parting Ways
Chapter 15. Whose Side?
Chapter 16. Heaven-sent
Chapter 17. Willing Lips
Chapter 18. Arrogance
Chapter 19. Princess of the East
Chapter 20. Scarred
Chapter 21. Love and Madness
Chapter 22. Trust
Chapter 23. Desires
Chapter 24. Lilith
Chapter 25. Illusory
Chapter 26. What Love Cannot
Chapter 27. Farewell
Chapter 28. Ruth Alessia di Camellia
Chapter 29. The Second Death
Chapter 30. Poisoned Spring
End of Season 1 -- NOTE --
Chapter 31. The Summer We Reunited
Chapter 32. History
Chapter 33. Something Dangerous
Chapter 34. Crossing Paths
Chapter 35. Haniel
Chapter 36. Curse and Promise
Chapter 37. Lover
Chapter 38. Heart to Heart
Chapter 39. Villains
Chapter 40. The Spring Named Isabelle
Chapter 41. The Way I Love You
Chapter 42. Love Me, Love Me Not
Chapter 43. Allies
Chapter 44. Intimacy
Chapter 46. Disappearance
Chapter 47. Selfish, Ugly, and Vile
Chapter 48. Twisted
Chapter 49. The Third Death
Chapter 50. Treacherous Summer
End of Season 2 -- NOTE --
Chapter 51. The Fall of Leaves and Man
Chapter 52. An Unexpected Guest
Chapter 53. Foes and Woes
Chapter 54. Two Suns
Chapter 55. You
Chapter 56. Partners
Chapter 57. The Autumn We Reunited
NOTICE
Chapter 58. Confession
Chapter 59. Her Highness and Her Forces
Chapter 60. Double Agent
Chapter 61. The Grandiose Plan
Chapter 62. Memories
Chapter 63. The Truth Untold
Chapter 64. We Were There
Chapter 65. A Knight's Vow
Chapter 66. First Love
Chapter 67. Seasons
Chapter 68. Trap
Chapter 69: Sacrifice
Chapter 70. Immovable Fall
End of Season 3 -- NOTE --
Chapter 71. The First Snow
Chapter 72: Family
Chapter 73: Callista
Chapter 74: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 75: Alone in the Snow
Chapter 76: Revolution
Chapter 77: You, Whom I Love
Chapter 78: The Final Death
Chapter 79: Everlasting Winter
Chapter 80: The Epilogue of a Tragedy
Author's Note
NEW STORY ALERT!

Chapter 45. Departure

432 25 6
De Aomine-san

After recalling that particular scene of the novel, it was impossible to look at Haniel the same way. His lascivious gaze down on me kept coming to mind.

I only see him as a precious companion, but I feel awkward knowing that Haniel has feelings for me.

I mean, he was having sex with me in an alternate universe. How am I supposed to respond to that emotionally? Admittedly, he was also sexy during that scene, but it's so weird to see your friend like that. Seriously, it feels wrong on so many levels!

"There you are," A firm and manly voice spoke behind me while I was idling in the garden.

I shrieked in horror when Haniel appeared on my side. He flinched, seemingly surprised by my reaction, and his brows furrowed in confusion.

"What? Why are you acting like it's judgment day when I arrived?" The purple-eyed mage queried.

I shook my head frantically then looked away.

"Why are you avoiding my gaze?" His smile was screaming intrigued. "What happened? Don't tell me you've had wet dreams about me, Callista?"

My face reddened in embarrassment.

"Huh? Why are you turning red?" Haniel blinked twice. "I was merely jesting. Is it true after all?"

Before he could run his mouth more, I kicked his shin and angrily marched away. His candid laughter filled the garden as he followed me.

"My apologies. I won't ask you anymore." Haniel smiled from ear to ear. "I came here to talk about something else. Can you spare me a little time?"

And so, both of us settled on one of the stone benches found in the garden. The humid air brought by the summer made my skin sticky.

"Father has granted us permission to head south, under the guise of inspecting the private land of Grand Duke Averill." Haniel informed me shortly.

The mage took out a long piece of paper neatly rolled. Haniel untied it then laid it out on the bench, and that's when I realized it's a map.

"There are two ways to travel into Surinam. First, we can circle from here and take the route to the west. However, the way to Muehler is currently closed due to the massive influx of monsters."

I patiently waited for his further explanation.

"So that leaves us the route to the east, Callie."

At that point, Haniel seemed unsettled. When he saw the puzzled look on my face, he spoke out.

"I was wondering if you would be alright while traveling through the east. It is the homeland of your deceased friend, is it not?" Haniel explained.

Ah. He was referring to Princess Himari.

To be honest, I still think of her from time to time. Not only the princess, but also my friends who were gone too soon from this mortal world.

But every time they cross my mind, I'm comforted by the idea that they are already in a better place.

May it be heaven, or a different world where they are the main protagonist of their own stories.

So there's no need for Haniel to be concerned about my feelings, but I really appreciate it.

I wrote down my honest thoughts on my paper.

Thank you for being so considerate.

A small smile dawned on my face.

But I'm okay now, don't worry.

"I see. I'm glad, then." Haniel softly remarked.

Suddenly, the summer wind blew rather abruptly. With his hand, Haniel clasped his ebony black hair that stretched down to his slender waist.

"Ha, this damn hair keeps getting in the way."

Haniel eyed me. His face lit up in curiosity.

"Hm?" He tilted his head. "Why are you blushing?"

I immediately covered my cheeks, feeling guilty all of the sudden. He said the exact same line in a different context, but it makes me feel conscious!

Haniel kept pestering me about my behavior, but I brushed him off. As if I'd tell him that I vicariously saw him naked with the original Allari. Good grief.

After our brief talk, I returned to my quarters to inform Servan about our journey, but I found a letter in my room left by Grand Duke Averill.

I was summoned to the capital due to an urgent matter. I'm sorry for not being able to see you off.

Safe travels. I shall see you when time permits.

With Love,
Alistair

Oh, so His Grace left for the capital today.

That aside, this dull and short note is just like him, alright. He's such an austere man. Perhaps he was also being careful in case the letter lands into the hands of someone else, so he only kept it simple.

I closed my eyes then kissed the paper softly.

Let's meet again when time permits, yes.

---

After a week of preparation, the day of our departure finally arrived. This time, our colleagues came to see off the three of us.

"I heard it rains pretty often in Surinam," Emma brought up out of concern. "Make sure to stay warm so you won't get sick along the way."

"What were they thinking anyway, sending you all the way to the south?" Clio shook his head in dismay. "Is this a punishment? What did you do?"

"Hey! It's an expedition!" Servan defensively told him. "You're just jealous we're going on a trip!"

Clio yawned lazily. "Sure, whatever."

Feeling sentimental, I walked up to Emma and hugged her. These people took care of me even when I supposedly lost my memories of them.

I was mute and it was difficult to work with me at times, but they never complained and they treated me like how they would treat a normal colleague.

"Take care of yourself, Allari." Emma smiled then turned to the other two. "Haniel and Servan, too."

As they have mentioned, the south is a long way from here. It might take us months to return to the tower, especially if we plan to stay in Surinam for a while. Who knows what could happen then?

"Yeah!" My brother grinned. "Don't worry, we'll bring you lots of souvenirs from the south, too!"

With that, the three of us boarded the carriage.

For the last time, Clio and Emma amiably waved us goodbye. As the carriage rattled away, the tower that stood tall among the skies became smaller in our sight, leaving a bittersweet taste.

It was truly a wonderful place. Home to a bevy of wizards, where status mattered least and everyone was equal in the face of magic.

Somehow, I get the feeling that this will be the last time I'd ever be able to look at its magnificence.

Inside the carriage, Haniel was seated comfortably with his arms crossed. When I looked at Servan, however, my brother was bawling like a child.

"I miss them already." He's crying?! "How long are we supposed to stay in the south? I feel a bit sad."

"Probably a month or two." Haniel replied curtly.

"Is that so?" Servan wiped his tears then flashed a bright smile. "By the way, what do you like about Allari?" Wow, he sure recovered from that fast.

I glanced over Haniel then shook my head.

"Servan, you're asking the wrong question." The black-haired mage rested his arm on the window then smiled. "Rather, what is there not to like?"

"Wah!" My brother squealed like a fangirl. "So manly! I give you two my blessing to marry!"

Haniel chuckled. "I gratefully accept, then."

I just knew that the two of them will get along well. Servan is delusional, and Haniel feeds his delusions even more. What a ridiculous pair.

While my brother was prattling as usual, a certain query came to my mind that I couldn't help ask.

Why do we have to travel like this? Can't we just use teleportation magic to get into Surinam?

Haniel was a talented mage. I've heard from our peers that he can cast any spell, no matter how complex, even without drawing a magic circle.

"Well, I can certainly do that." Haniel answered with great panache. "But teleporting at such great distance can cause side effects. I'll be fine, but I'm not sure about you two, so I'd rather not risk it."

"That's right, sister. In some cases, although it is rare, some people have died while using teleportation magic." Servan said in agreement.

How curious. Come to think of it, when I woke up as Allari, my brother told me that he messed up the teleportation magic so I lost consciousness.

Could it be that Allari died when they teleported through space, thus giving way for my soul to take over her body? Geez, what a disturbing thought.

Anyway, our journey in the carriage was rather slow and bumpy. As my two companions engaged in an esoteric discussion about magic, my mind slowly drifted to sleep, pushing me into slumber.

---

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was Servan's sleeping face. His mouth was wide open with a bit of drool. Wait. Why is he in front of me?

My head was resting on something sturdy and lean. As soon as I realized that I was sleeping on Haniel's shoulder, I sat up straight and faced him.

"Your brother was importunate to get me seated beside you." The purple-eyed mage explained when he saw the questioning look on my face.

I heaved out a deep sigh. My brother, seriously.

"Why?" Haniel smiled. "Don't like my shoulder?"

Before I could even answer him, the carriage went on a hump and startled us, making me stagger.

Due to the sudden impact, my body accidentally lunged forward into Haniel and, to my horror, my lips landed on his neck. When I breathed on his neck unintentionally, Haniel inhaled sharply.

Oh, christ. I just want to disappear right now.

I waited for him to make fun of the situation, but when I lifted my gaze to the mage, his mouth was tightly shut and Haniel was blushing profusely.

"Callie," He whispered. "This distance is a bit..."

I wanted to move away, but my body didn't listen.

As my warm breaths continued to fill his neck, Haniel closed his eyes and lowered his head. His hands also grabbed a fistful of his robe on his lap.

He looked like an innocent child who didn't know what to do in this situation. When I finally moved away from him, he seemed utterly embarrassed.

"That was awkward." He chuckled nervously.

I cursed inside my head when I saw Servan with his eyes wide open while watching us. He was also grinning in bliss. Was he awake the whole time?!

"I saw that!" My brother said in a singsong voice.

Haniel cleared his throat. "Saw what?"

"The sexual tension between the two of you." Servan wiggled his brows. "I approve. Hehe!"

Of course, Servan never stopped talking about that incident during our journey. It seems that he genuinely wants Haniel to get together with me.

Anyway, it took us a few days to arrive in Izumo, the land of the eastern winds as they call it. It was my first time coming in this place, and it was so different especially in terms of infrastructure.

The shops were mostly limited to two-storey wooden buildings, and looked less extravagant compared to the grandiose ones in the capital.

It was also refreshing to see the citizens donning their simple yet unique kimonos after being surrounded by western gowns all this time.

"Let us look for an inn and spend the night here." Haniel suggested as he led the way. "For now, we need to rest. We shall be on our way tomorrow."

And so, we jostled through the crowded city in search for an inn. Izumo is quite the populous nation, it seems. There were so many people.

"Don't get lost, sister!" Servan jokingly said.

I rolled my eyes upwards. What am I, a kid?

Along the way, I accidentally collided with a person. The moment I laid my eyes on her, an ominous feeling crashed down on my chest.

"My deepest apologies," A soft and feminine voice spoke to me. "I wasn't paying attention, my lady."

The stranger was fully clad in a faded brown cloak. However, pink strands of her hair were sticking out. As soon as I saw her face, I was overcame with disbelief. Why is she here?

She was smiling. It was a small, eerie smile.

"Excuse me," Her emerald eyes shifted into a crimson red color. "Have we met before?"

The devil incarnate, and Lilith in disguise.

It was Ingrid Nala Marchetti, the female lead.

---

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

196K 5.6K 38
Kameko has a perfect life; a loving family, people she could truly trust and herself, a beautiful and strong 'woman' that is until she gets hit by a...
104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
37K 521 15
[Gabriel x Reader] -𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔- .Alex-13 years old is an anti-social boy who has had PTSD ever since the death of his father. .Zhenzhen- 13...
4.5K 216 9
❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐞, 𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐬...