the idol and the student | ji...

Af kikolumious

in which jeonghan is an idol in seventeen and joshua is a student. highest rankings ! #7 - jihan (04092023) c... Mere

two .
three .
four .
filler chap 1 !
filler chap 2 !
five .
six .
seven .
eight .
nine .
ten .
eleven .
twelve .
filler chap. 3!
thirteen .
fourteen .
authors note

one .

938 14 8
Af kikolumious

jeonghan's pov

"aish ... my neck ! chan !" seungcheol chased chan , his boyfriend , down the hallway . 

i felt ... jealous . jealous that seungcheol and chan were in a relationship . what were the rest of us ? every time we talked about their relationship , seungcheol snapped . it was the only thing he knew how to do . scream and shout and yell at his members . sometimes , we regret becoming idols . all because of our no dating rule . 

"you okay , hyung ?" minghao asked out of the blue . 

"hm ? i'm okay . just ... as usual . why ? need money to go and hang with junhui ?" i asked , reaching out and grabbing my bag . i was his wallet , definitely . but he always paid me back . 

"no , just wanted to ask ... you seem out of it ." minghao replied . 

"oh . nah , i'm okay . i'm ... going to my room . well ... our room ." i added the last statement and walked back into minghao and my shared room . 

it was a space i loved the most . it was filled with minghao's posters of his chinese idols , and mine of some korean ones . both of us shared heartfelt talks there . we were like gossip girls . just instead of sharing gossip , we'd share about what happened during the day , slightly altering the majority of our talks if we had our own schedules . it was too silent without him at home when he was stuck in china . i didn't like the absence of his presence . not like we were dating . friends , i'd say . 

"ah , jeonghan ! get the members ready . we're going to a restaurant !" seungcheol shouted and i shouted back . 

"everyone get ready ! meet in the living room in 10 !" 

i felt empty without someone . seungcheol had chan , minghao had jun , everyone had someone else . i wouldn't consider minghao as my best friend , since he was extremely close to jun . i sighed as we all went to the restaurant , apparently a room had been rented out , and this cute boy was at our room helping us . 

joshua's pov

"no mom ... i'm okay here ... yes , i have a room . no , i have a job . okay ... okay ... bye , love you too ." i hung up the phone with my mother , seeing a group of 12 boys walk in . seventeen . i recognised them . i loved their music . "oh- hello ! i'll be your server today so let me know if there's anything i can do for you ." i smiled as they greeted me back . 

when i got their orders and came back with their drinks and some snacks , i handed them out to each of them , afterwards feeling a sharp pain on my wrist , not enough to let out a scream . i saw a shard from a wine bottle , in my wrist , a shattered wine glass on the floor , wine pooling around the broken bottle . i held my wrist , muttering a few curses before grabbing the nearby bin and throwing the glass into it , before someone grabbed the hand that was picking up the glass shards , not my injured one . i looked up and saw jeonghan , i assumed . i barely recognised them individually , since i only listened to their music . 

"hey ... i'm so sorry the bottle had to land on your hand . could i pull the shard out for you ? do you have a first aid kit around ? the shard didn't look like it went in deep , but it'll still be painful ." he asked . i nodded and told him where the kit was , then he called wonwoo to get it for him .

the glass shards were still on the floor , and some of the other members had gathered to help clear the shards and at least try to clean the carpet of the wine spill . i tried to tell them that i could do it , but hoshi - i assume again - was quick to say that it was their fault and should clean it up . 

"there , all done . i hope it heals ." jeonghan smiled and helped me up from the seat . 

"thank you ..." i smiled back , grabbing his hand and going back to cleaning what i was supposed to . 

"sorry for troubling you and making you get hurt , i have 2 backstage passes , vip , here . you can have them . we have the darl+ing passes as well , but those are for us to give out . any random person here will choose you and you'll be able to have a 10 minute meet - and - greet session with them privately . take this as an apology . okay , that's all . get well soon ." seungcheol apologised . 

i smiled and took the passes , and helped them until they left . i did this for the extra pay , and it was quite a sum . when i left , i saw jeonghan lingering around with a mask on . i decided to approach him , seeing as he got a little frightened when there was a breeze of cold air . 

"ah ... don't worry ! it's me . you helped bandage my hand up , remember  ? i wanted to ask , why are you still here ? aren't you supposed to be home with the members by now ?" i asked . "oh , i'm joshua . sorry i didn't introduce myself earlier ." 

"nice to meet you . i was ... just hanging around here . i don't have a reason ... you look like you could use some company ... can i accompany you on a walk ? to your home , maybe ?" jeonghan offered . i nodded and saw as he fixed his mask , deciding to fix my own as well . 

i walked down with him on the way to my house , as we conversed a little . we couldn't talk much as people were around , and his voice was pretty well recognisable , so we just briefly talked . once we got home , he wanted to leave , but since it was pretty cold out , i invited him in for a while for a warm drink . he was shivering in the cold , and i didn't want him to get sick , especially since their concert was that night . he thanked me and came in , dropping a message to seungcheol and disregarding his phone . 

"oh hi jeonghan what are doing here are you here to get something for hao ? WAIT NO WHY ARE YOU HERE ?" felix screamed , walking out of our room . "hong jisoo joshua are you out of your mind ?! i could call chan to kill you or even hyunjin ! why did you bring him !" 

"don't . i was the one that accepted the offer to come ." jeonghan replied . 

we spent a while talking , mostly about our day . jeonghan even helped choose an outfit for me to wear to their concert , before finishing the tea i gave him and leaving . he told me that he disliked the cold and felt like crying during winter , but it was pretty alright otherwise .

that night - at seventeen's concert , 3rd person's pov

joshua was holding up a sign for jeonghan , while felix was holding one up for minghao . felix and minghao were friends , so he was a huge supporter for minghao , even though he had a boyfriend . they were in the front row , and jeonghan had told joshua about the prank they were going to pull on mingyu .

"ah ... the prank they're pulling on mingyu ... it sounds entertaining ." felix chuckled , grabbing his lightstick from his bag .

joshua chuckled along with felix before seventeen came on stage , hearing the cheers from other carats who actually bought tickets . once they came on stage , jeonghan caught sight of joshua in the front row , holding up a banner that had his face , making the other chuckle a little , before he swapped his attention back to seungcheol who was talking .

"why did you invite him , hyung ?" jeonghan asked , lowering his face mic . seungcheol knew who 'he' was. 

"as an apology . for your clumsiness ." seungcheol replied , moving his mic away from his face .

jeonghan simply nodded and looked at the crowd while dancing , trying to figure out who to give his darl+ing ticket to . the only limit to the ticket was that it had to be a vip ticket holder , and he knew that joshua was a suitable candidate for him , if no one else chose him . 

when it was time for the performance team's song , i don't understand but i luv you , jeonghan walked off stage , being met in the face by their manager . he looked up at their manager and waited as he started .

"jeonghan , have you thought about who to give your darl+ing ticket to ?" their manager asked .

"yeah ... there's a guy wearing denim jeans , a denim jacket and an off white looking shirt . you know felix , minghao's friend ? yeah , the guy is next to him ." jeonghan explained to their manager .

their manager nodded and headed off to prepare the members' darl+ing tickets . they were going to give the tickets personally to the vip members after their unit performances . which meant that minghao would've given it to felix already .

"jeonghan ! here you go , go get ready ." their manager handed jeonghan the darl+ing ticket and walked off .

they walked onto stage and performed their unit song , habit , and then they walked down the stage to give the vip ticket holders their darl+ing tickets . jeonghan walked to joshua and their eyes met , jeonghan passing joshua the ticket , lightly ruffling the other's hair and walking back off-stage , to the angry eyes of seungcheol .

"yoon jeonghan ! i invited the guy here as an apology ! not as a way for you both to get close ! why did you ruffle his hair ? i want an answer ." seungcheol spat .

"are you the only one that can be happy ? hyung , imagine what chan would think of you . didn't we all make it clear ? you would stop fucking yelling at the team ." jeonghan spat back at seungcheol .

"i'm not saying - god ... i'm not saying that i'm the only one that can be happy - you know what ? get on stage . i don't feel like fighting with you ." seungcheol rubbed his temples and jeonghan touched up his makeup , then walked onto stage . 

seungcheol didn't dare to look at jeonghan the remaining 30 minutes of the concert , and jeonghan appreciated it , even though he might get scolded by the other at home . but it wasn't for jeonghan to worry about now . he and seungcheol regularly fought , since they all had their differences , and jeonghan was always trying to protect his members over seungcheol , even though he was definitely sometimes scared of seungcheol . minghao noticed how tense the atmostphere was after their last song , going backstage and waiting for the darl+ing ticket holders . 

"hyung ? you're tense again . are you okay ?" minghao asked . 

"i'm fine , hao . i'm okay ." jeonghan replied coldly . 

"okay , the ticket holders will be coming in now ." their manager announced and jeonghan just put a fake smile on his face , not wanting their carats to worry . "welcome , everyone ! so , the idol that gave you the ticket will be standing here . please walk up to them . they will bring you to the room to chat . you will have 10 minutes , no staff will be inside the room , however we will be outside . thank you , and have a good time ." 

"hyung !" joshua mouthed , waving to jeonghan . the other waved back , joshua walking forward and going to jeonghan , as he led him to the room . "you look upset , are you okay ?" 

"i'm ... not upset . how was the concert ?" jeonghan lied .

"i know that was a lie . tell me ." joshua eyes jeonghan . 

"fine ... only because you're cute ... i got into a fight with seungcheol ." jeonghan sighed , ignoring the slight blush on joshua's cheeks .

joshua only stood up from his chair and went to hug jeonghan , feeling tears on his neck . he felt bad for jeonghan , who knows how many hours of that annoying feeling had happened to the poor boy . he had to take care of his group , take care of seungcheol's shit , even himself . both of them hugged in silence , even though joshua wanted to speak up and answer jeonghan's question , he couldn't . 

"are you okay ?" joshua asked, grabbing a tissue from the table and handing it to jeonghan . 

"thank you , i'm okay ." jeonghan still sniffled , but then they continued talking about the concert and what they would do for the rest of the day , or at least week . "i'm going to probably get food with the members , and i know they like you . would you wanna come along with us ? i think felix is coming over ." 

"sure , i'd love to come ." joshua nodded . 

"i wish you could come with us to our concert too ... we're going to be in ... california next ." jeonghan sighed again .

"california ? i was born there . my parents still live there . i would've loved to come ... just that i can't miss out on my classes , else i'd lost my scholarship ..." joshua pouted . 

"oh ! that's so cool . i mean ... your parents living in california and your scholarship . seungcheol wouldn't like it if i gave you tickets anyways , so i'm sorry you can't come along with us ..." jeonghan sighed . 

they spent the rest of the time chatting , and even planning what food to get . they were planning to just go to a 7 - 11 , to get some ready meals and eat them in the car . joshua wanted to invite jeonghan over to his house , but since the 7 - 11 wasn't far from his and felix's apartment , he decided to just go himself , since felix would be hanging out with minghao for a while more . well at least going himself was what he thought . 

"wait up , jisoo !" jeonghan exclaimed . "can i walk you home ?" 

"aren't you going to go with the members ?" joshua asked .

"they're planning to get more food . i'm not hungry so i figured ." jeonghan shrugged .

they walked back to joshua's apartment hand in hand , just that they didn't know there were paparazzi all over , and had taken a photos of both of them . both boys had forgotten to bring a mask , so their faces was clearly seen in the photos .

"thanks for walking me home , hyung !" joshua bowed .

"oh , here's my number ... i'm assuming you have minghao's ?" jeonghan teased , keying his phone number into joshua's phone .

"felix's second phone , even though it's mine ... thanks for your number ! i'll key it into your phone as well ... here ! have a good night !" joshua smiled , keying his number into jeonghan's phone and leaving to his room . 

the next day , 6.50am , joshua's pov

i could feel eyes on me the second i walked into the university campus for my classes . my messages from minghao and jeonghan were blowing up my phone , but i had yet to check them as i had only just got to school , and had been drinking a coffee on my way to school , not bothering to check my phone .

jeonghannie 💕 

jeonghannie 💕: joshua , i'm so sorry for this ...

jeonghannie 💕: please reply ...

jeonghannie 💕: i feel so bad joshua forgive me ...

minghao 🐸 

minghao 🐸 : why do you not reply ?  

minghao 🐸 : hong jisoo joshua check your phone

minghao 🐸 : jisoo

minghao 🐸 : joshua

minghao 🐸 : joshua

i didn't understand their messages at first , then i searched up jeonghan's name and saw a news report as the first thing that popped up . i clicked the news and almost dropped my coffee in shock . i was on the headlines , with jeonghan .  

"NEWS : korean boy band SEVENTEEN's YOON JEONGHAN seen with someone after their busan concert in south korea ."

i read the news article , okay skimmed through it , then went to my locker and placed my coffee inside at an empty space . i clicked open jeonghan's contact and didn't know how to reply him , but decided to go and text him .

jeonghannie 💕

joshua 💗 : what was that piece of news ?

jeonghannie 💕 : i don't know , seungcheol is trying to scold me again about it . i'm so sorry for getting you into my shit .

joshua 💗 : it's fine but ... you should've worn a mask at least !

jeonghannie 💕 : i know i know

minghao 🐸

shua 🦌 : what do i do about it ?

minghao 🐸 : i don't know i've never been in a rumour ...

shua 🦌 : obvious .

shua 🦌 : okay tell me options .

minghao 🐸 : we can get jeonghan hyung to say y'all are just friends

shua 🦌 : do it . i have a class in 5 minutes .

i sighed and walked to my class , a group of girls standing in front of me , trying to trip me . i was looking at my phone , but i noticed their legs sticking out and i just stepped back , keeping my phone in my pocket . but then i felt something on my hand , where i had just gotten stabbed by a glass shard yesterday . 

"ew ! the slut that hung out with THE yoon jeonghan yesterday ! he goes to our school ? damn ... everyone ! we have a slut as a honours grad !" one of them snickered . 

"well , if you do have to make it sound so bad , how about we talk about every party you've been to , and how many of your minions boyfriends , oh wait no , GIRLFRIENDS , that you've fucked ? oh , i forgot , you guys are all gay . bet you've all fucked each other . okay , so let's count . thirty ? no... fourty ! including all your hook-ups as that slutty ass switch you are . is it that fair though ? calling me a slut ? hah , bold move . think about yourself before calling me one ." i spat  , grabbing their hand off mine .

i walked to my class , not knowing that they were trying to get on me , like i knew something they didn't . yeah . i knew something . that all people like them care about is popularity . definitely something i didn't .

california , same day , jeonghan's pov 

i closed my phone as i heard heavy footsteps coming into my room . i knew it was seungcheol . he was fed up that i had made the news . he was prepared to kill me , and land a few punches , maybe . 

"YOON JEONGHAN ! do you not know the seriousness of this situation ? you could get put on a hiatus , worse , fired . oh my god please ! think about us !" seungcheol screamed .

"why are you so concerned ? the last time i checked , you were just screaming at me because i ruffled joshua's hair . get out , seungcheol . i don't want to see you now ." i rolled my eyes .

"i am your leader , jeonghan . for fucks sake , you are one of the main reasons why we're popular in korea or internationally . do you even think about us ?" seungcheol shouted again . 

"get out ." i simply spat . 

both of us weren't on good terms . the car rides had tension so thick it was noticeable by everyone . all the other 10 . i just shrugged it off and soon enough , our concert had started . our manager didn't spare a glance at me , since he knew about the news articles that had been posted . 

"jeonghan . this is serious . we will put you on a hiatus . you need to gather your shit !" seungcheol sighed .

"i'm not going to go on one ." i replied blankly . "you can try . but i'll deny it . its not a bullying scandal . i'm fresh out of water for this ." 

once the concert was finished , it marked the end of our follow tour . we were able to head wherever we wanted . it was now a break . i know who i wanted to visit . joshua . i knew i was going to go visit him . he told me his school hours and work hours , so i could match my schedule to his . 

i could finally see him for a proper chat about my life and his .

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

24.7K 528 18
Jeonghan is a member of a very famous Idol Group in Korea, Seventeen! He was living his dream but during their World Tour he had came down with what...
99.3K 3.5K 52
When Jisoo moves from America to Seoul and signs up for a boarding prep school for future k-pop idols. Jeonghan and Jisoo become dorm mates, but wh...
33.6K 1K 25
Most people know popular students wouldn't date a nerd, but what if Kim Mingyu one of the popular students dates the nerd of the school, Jeon Wonwoo...
Healing Af jay ♡

Fan Fiktion

39.7K 840 36
Iseul was expecting to find comfort and a new family, but she wasn't expecting to find love.. Highest Rankings; #1 - Wonwoo (9/12/22) #15 - Jihan (11...