Chronicles of the Apocalypse:...

By Pacman1994

Years after the war with the raiders, Kyle and his group are finally living a peaceful life in a rebuilt Berr... More

Director
Executive Producer
Music Composer
Cast/Characters
Cast/Characters-Others
Visual Effects and Animation
Distributor
Prologue
Chapter 1: Something Better Than This
Chapter 2: New Berrington
Chapter 3: Injustice
Chapter 4: What to do next?
Chapter 5: Olympians
Chapter 6: San Francisco
Chapter 7: M.I.A
Chapter 8: Hunt For Olympians
Chapter 9: Killing Grounds
Chapter 10: Communication
Chapter 11: Rogue Prophets
Chapter 12: The Effects of Last Night
Chapter 13: The Olympian Hospital
Chapter 15: At What Cost?
Chapter 16: Unusual Alliances
Chapter 17: Showdown
Chapter 18: Memory Lane
Chapter 19: The Prophet Island
Epilogue

Chapter 14: What's Happening To Us?

18 1 0
By Pacman1994

At the Aquarium, Rory has returned and is sitting in the waiting room of the front lobby when David walks up and sits with her.

David: You okay?

Rory: Yeah...just thinking what my Dad would think if she ever saw me like this.

David sighs.

Rory: Wonder if he would approve of what I've done.....

David: You're saying you regret killing Kyle Desipich and James Burton?

Rory: No...maybe....I just thought that killing them would give me closure, but instead....I feel....unsatisfied....

Rory looks down as David nods in understanding.

David: Taking a life is never easy...I'm starting to learn that all these years in this apocalypse. Men like Ryder made it seem like taking life was easy.

Rory looks down, thinking of the decisions she's made in the past, before standing up.

Rory: I'm gonna go get some sleep...

Rory walks into another section of the aquarium, before David leans his head back against the wall, and clutches onto his shoulder, briefly groaning. Later, at the theater, Kyle, Rachel, Hunter and Jacqui make it back. Kyle knocks on the door when he notices Rachel shaking, slightly.

Kyle: Hey, you okay?

Rachel nods, slightly, before Sarah opens the door to see everyone.

Sarah: Thank God!

Sarah hugs Kyle, then Rachel and Hunter, before Jacqui bursts into the room, walking up to Kayla.

Sarah: You guys okay?

Kyle, Hunter, Rachel and Jacqui walk in, before Samantha puts a chair in between the doors.

Jacqui: Kayla! Nick?

Kayla: He's still alive. Please, tell me you have those medical supplies.

Jacqui: Yes!

Rachel walks up to Kayla and opens her backpack, before handing Kayla the surgical supplies. Peter looks at Kyle, shocked.

Peter: Jesus...your hands, man? You okay?

Kyle avoids the question, before turning to Sarah.

Kyle: You get Shawn and Margaret?

Sarah: No, it wasn't them....

Cassandra: But...uh...

Cassandra points to Caleb, John and Elizabeth as Kyle's eyes widen. Kyle then smiles, before walking up to Caleb and hugging him.

Caleb: Good to see you alive, bro.

Kyle breaks the hug, placing his hand on Caleb's shoulder, before hugging John. Rachel smiles at seeing John and hugs him after Kyle breaks the hug.

John: Hey, kid.

Kyle turns to Elizabeth and respectively nods.

Kyle: Queen Elizabeth.

Elizabeth: Kyle Desipich. It is good to see you alive again. I'm sorry about your losses.

Kyle: Thank you.

Chris: You find that Kia girl? She tell you where Rory is?

Kyle pulls out the map and everyone gathers around him.

Kyle: Rory's at this aquarium.

Kyle points at the aquarium icon on the map.

Kyle: I think that's where David is, too...

Kayla: Kyle, any luck tracking Shawn or Margaret?

Kyle nods. Samantha touches Kayla's shoulder.

Samantha: Hey...Shawn's tough. So is Margaret. We'll get them back.

Kyle looks down at his bruised hands.

Kyle: I'm, uh...I'm gonna get cleaned up.

Kyle walks away from the group and heads back towards theater, through the backstage area. After grabbing a bucket full of water, Kyle begins to wash his face and hands. Kyle braces his hands on the table and closes his eyes as he lowers his head. Kyle takes a deep breath and lets it out then he raises his head to look at himself in the mirror. Kyle then gets flashes of Kia every time he punched her.

Kyle: (flashback) You gonna tell me where Rory and Stephan are now?! Huh?!

Kia: (flashback) Fuck you!

The sound of his fist hitting her flesh, her fingers and ears being severed, and her screams of pain in his ears. He sees the dark circles around his eyes and contemplates to himself. Kyle sighs to himself, before deciding to stitch up his own wounds, groaning in pain as he does, before Sarah walks in.

Sarah: Kyle? You okay?

Kyle: Just about....

Sarah: Hey...let me do that.

Sarah stitches up Kyle's wound on his chest.

Kyle: Agh.....

Sarah: Big baby.

Kyle: Can't believe Caleb and John traveled all the way from the Outlands to help us.....

Sarah: They're good friends.....that Elizabeth woman....she's...

Kyle: Something, right?

Sarah: I almost shot her when I first saw her. Thought she was a Skinner....Caleb has exceptionally weird taste.

Kyle gives a shaken look as he looks into the distance as Sarah stitches up Kyle's wound.

Sarah: Kyle?

Kyle looks down, guilty.

Kyle: I tortured her til she talked...cut her up....right in front of Hunter and Rachel.

Kyle put his hands over his mouth and starts to sob.

Kyle: God, I....I...just...I lost it....I've never hurt anyone like that before. Before that, I tore into Hunter.....I sounded just like Nathan.

Sarah then hugs Kyle as he closes his eyes and tries his best not to cry.

Sarah: You're nothing like Nathan. You're still the same man I loved...and always will love.

In another part of the theater, Rachel sits with Jacqui as Kayla is operating on Nick. Jacqui is tapping her foot anxiously as Rachel takes her hand.

Rachel: He's gonna be okay.

Hunter walks out of the room and turns to Rachel and Jacqui.

Hunter: All done. You can go see your brother now if you want.

Jacqui stands up and runs into the room before Hunter sits with Rachel.

Rachel: He going to be okay?

Hunter: Yeah...actually...

Rachel: They're human beings....kids like you and me.

Hunter: Yeah....I know.

Rachel: You okay? Back there, with Kia, I know it must've been a lot.

Hunter sighs.

Hunter: Honestly...I have to be....Kia....she had it coming.....but I've never seen someone hurt like that...watching Kyle do that....was like watching James all over again....only this is different....I wanted her dead....when I was with Kyle, I killed this big Prophet guy, who tried to kill him....hacked into him with Kyle's machete...you were right, though. Killing is never easy....

Rachel stands up.

Rachel: I'm gonna go check on Nick.

Rachel walks into the other room to see Kayla patching up Nick's amputated arm. Jacqui holds Nick's other hand and pats his head in comfort. Chris, Samantha, Caleb, Elizabeth, John and Cassandra are also in the room. Rachel walks up to Nick, who smiles upon seeing her. The next morning, outside of the hospital, the sun is rising as Margaret was sitting on top of a log as Shawn starts to awaken.

Shawn: Mornin....

Margaret: Mornin....

Shawn stands up and looks out into the sunset to see the rain was about to come in.

Shawn: Looks like I woke up just in time. Rain's about to come down.

Margaret sits, contemplating, before Shawn turns to her.

Shawn: What?

Margaret: Just thinking....it's been three days here...and we haven't found this Rory woman or any of her friends. Just thinking; what if she's already dead and we're just in San Francisco, killing infected and Skinners just to kill time. For closure.

Shawn walks up to Margaret.

Shawn: You having second thoughts?

Margaret: No...I'm just saying I wanna make sure she's dead, but I want to make sure we're doing this for the right reasons.

Shawn sighs, before looking down.

Shawn: We're doing this for my brother and for your boyfriend...Kyle was almost killed by these people...I can't go home until I know that the person who wronged all of us is in the ground...

Shawn looks up at Margaret.

Shawn: You still with me? Cause this is your chance to go back home if you're unsure.

Margaret bite her lips.

Margaret: Yeah...

Shawn nods.

Shawn: Okay, then....

At the Aquarium, Rory wakes up and walks around the aquarium, before Hannah walks out of another room.

Hannah: David?

Rory turns to Hannah.

Rory: No, just me.

Hannah walks past Rory, examining the medical equipment as Rory notices it's been used.

Rory: You use some of the equipment already?

Hannah: No, David did. He had a wound that he wouldn't let me treat....said he needed to be alone....so I gave him some space. David says tomorrow morning, he's sailing for Fort Lauderdale.

Rory: So soon, huh?

Hannah: Yeah...he says he's just done with Stephan's war with the Prophets.

Rory: Surprised you haven't talked him out of it.

Hannah turns to Rory, glaring at her.

Hannah: Actually I'm going with him....but I'm staying....if you come.

Rory gives a confused look.

Rory: What?

Hannah: You might fool David with your repentant act, but I'm not falling for it.

Rory: Hannah...there's nothing to fall for.

Hannah scoffs.

Hannah: Stephan's top Locust killer suddenly has a change of heart? Nothing to do with the fact that you fucked my boyfriend, right?

Rory's eyes widen, trying to come with the words to say.

Hannah: Don't even try to lie to me....I see in the look on his face and I see it in yours....what could he possibly see in you? Even after what you did to Kyle Desipich, James Burton and Rocky....

Rory: I know I've done some messed up shit, but I-

Hannah: You're a piece of shit, Rory.....you always have been.

Rory looks to the wall, twisting her lips. Hannah picks up her backpack and turns her back.

Hannah: I'm fucking done with you.

Hannah starts to walk away, but then stops turning to Rory.

Hannah: You know what; ask yourself this. If he still loves you so much, then why am I the one bearing his child? Cause if you ask me, if he "loves" you, it's because he pities you.

Hannah walks out of the room as Rory vents, before kicking a chair across the room.

Rory: Fuck!

Rory presses her forehead against the wall of the presentation glass. In the theater, Kyle wakes up from sleeping on the floor of the backstage room and starts to grab his backpack, before he heads back towards the lobby. Once Kyle gets to the doors that lead to the lobby, he finds John, Caleb, Samantha, Sarah and Kayla sitting in chairs while Cassandra was curled up in a couch. Kyle looks over at her and sees that she looked pale and was sweating. Kyle frowns over at her then to everyone before John gestures to follow him. The two of them head up and they walk up to the top balcony, John leans against the barrister before he speaks.

John: Cassandra had a rough night. Barely could get her to keep water down.

Kyle looks over to John.

Kyle: Should've woken me up.

John looks towards the theater.

John: Before she died, Charleigh, my former wife and I tried to get pregnant once. She miscarried, which drove her to madness.....Does Shawn know?

Kyle looks over at John, then shakes his head.

Kyle: No.

John: I get why you all are out here. Why you are. James was one of closest friends, but Cassandra needs to go back to Berrington. She needs real medical care and Kayla's got enough on her hands with that boy, Nick.

Kyle nods.

Kyle: I know....but I can't leave Shawn and Margaret. They're out here because of me. Maybe you and everyone else can take her back.

John: Sarah's not leaving you here by yourself. Neither will Rachel. No one's gonna wanna leave without you.

Kyle: Yeah...I know.

Kyle and John stares out into the theater.

Kyle: Four years with us and you've realized how stubborn we can be.

John: Yeah....I've noticed....Fuck it. Let's go get them.

John turns to Kyle, goes into his pocket and pulls out the map.

John: This aquarium Kia told you about. Shawn and Margaret haven't found Rory or Stephan yet. We can post out there til he does. Samantha's coming with us.

Kyle: Why?

John: She volunteered.

Kyle takes the map and looks it over before he looks at John.

Kyle: You good with this?

John: I am....

Kyle: Good...you seen Rachel and Hunter?

John: They should be in the other section of the theater. In the back.

Kyle: Okay....I'm gonna head back there and talk with them. Clear some things.

Kyle starts to walk downstairs to the lobby, where Chris and Elizabeth are crafting a custom made arm shiv.

Kyle: What are you two doing?

Chris: Making the kid a new arm.

Chris laughs.

Chris: Gotta say, Elizabeth. You are one crazy girl. I see why Caleb likes you. Where'd you learn to do this shit?

Chris inspects the knife.

Chris: This is an A.O.W knife.

Elizabeth: There's an old A.O.W cruiser on the West of us in the Outlands. Had all type of shit...weapons...armor...but I added some of my brilliant creations.

As Chris and Elizabeth talk, Kyle walks over to Caleb, who is looking out the window.

Caleb: Still can't believe it..

Caleb looks over to Cassandra as Kyle looks over to her as well.

Kyle: Yeah....she's....hurting...

Caleb: Hell...James, he deserved a lot more....what happened to him and Rocky was fucked up.

Kyle: I'm sorry for ruining you and John's getaway plans.

Caleb: You didn't.

Caleb nods to Elizabeth.

Caleb: She's the adventurous type of girl.

Kyle: Sounds like your type of girl.

In the back, Rachel is slowly waking up when she hears some weird music playing in the room she was sleeping. Rachel opens her eyes to see Hunter was playing something.

Rachel: What the hell?

Hunter looks up to Rachel.

Hunter: Sorry, did I wake you?

Rachel: If that music is you, then yes.

Hunter chuckles.

Hunter: Sorry.

Rachel gets up to see that Hunter had the handheld portable game that Trudy had.

Rachel: So, you did take it.

Hunter gives Rachel a mischievous grin.

Hunter: Hey, that asshole isn't using it anymore since she's dead

Rachel chuckles.

Rachel: Well, I'm glad you're finally getting to play a game at least.

Hunter: Tell me about it. It's fun, but hard....I think I'm getting the gist of it.

Rachel runs her hand on the back of her neck and sits next to Hunter as he keeps mashing the buttons.

Rachel: Have you gotten any sleep?

Hunter: A little...but...I really couldn't sleep. That's why I'm playing this...keep my mind occupied.

Rachel: Last night?

Hunter: Last night...

Hunter sets the handheld game down and sighs just as Kyle calls out.

Kyle: Hunter? Rachel? You two back here?

Hunter: Uh...yeah...

Kyle enters the backstage and sighs at Rachel and Hunter.

Hunter: We weren't doing anything this time.

Kyle: It's not that...I'm about to head out with John and Samantha...and I...I wanted to talk to Hunter for a minute.

Hunter looks at Rachel, then back at Kyle.

Rachel: I'll let you two talk, then.

Rachel stands up and leaves the room, before Hunter looks down.

Kyle: How you doin, kid?

Hunter: Okay....look, Kyle, if you have to go, then you should....

Kyle: You don't have to say anything, just listen.

Hunter slowly looks at Kyle, who walks over and sits next to him.

Kyle: I just....I want to say I'm sorry....about last night...I know that scared you.

Hunter, trying to act tough, raises an eyebrow to Kyle.

Hunter: It didn't scare me.

Kyle: Oh, come on. You've barely looked at me since we got back. It's almost like you're...scared or afraid of what I'll do next.

Hunter sighs before he looks down.

Hunter: I know you've done some fucked up shit...but I guess...seeing your brutality in person...was different then being told about it. I was just in shock.

Kyle frowns a bit.

Kyle: You were warned.

Hunter: I know, you did....I just....I thought I could handle that...

Kyle frowns at Hunter again then places a hand on his left shoulder. Kyle sighs.

Kyle: Jake. Nathan. Marcus. Maya. Andrew. Ashley.

Hunter turns to Kyle, confused.

Hunter: What?

Kyle: Those are the names of friends and family.....people who have died....Nathan was my brother in law that I killed. Ashley was my sister in law.... Marcus was Margaret's brother. Maya was Cassandra's sister....Andrew was my father...and Jake was my brother...I...Sarah and I then... we also lost our daughter, Rose....she was only five when she died...

Hunter: Fuck...Rachel didn't say anything about that....Kyle...that's....I'm sorry, man.

Kyle: Out of all the people I've lost out there, even my own daughter, there's always one man I always think of...that changed my perspective of the people of the wasteland....his name was Dante. He was this soldier just waking up twenty years after the world went to shit....but he cared about his family the most...if it wasn't for him, I don't think I'd be standing here...I wouldn't be the man I am today......I've done worse things to people. Things I'm not proud of....but it was all under the guide of survival. Now I have to do this for my family. For Shawn, for Margaret, for Sarah, for Rachel, for D.J...these people...James and Cassandra's child....and you.

Hunter's eyes widen in shock.

Kyle: You're family, too.....

Kyle sighs.

Kyle: And I'm sorry, Hunter. For everything....for almost having killed four years ago.... for the way I've been treating you recently....James and Rocky...that's not your fault...it never was your fault.

Hearing this, tears start to fill in Hunter's eyes.

Hunter: Thank you, Kyle.....

Kyle: Two things, though. One; work on your punches...and two; don't ever touch my machete again.

Hunter laughs.

Hunter: You got it.

Kyle pats Hunter on the back, before standing up and heading out, noticing Rachel leaning against the wall.

Kyle: How long you been standing there?

Rachel: Enough to know that I can rest knowing you won't try to kill him.

Kyle laughs and nods.

Kyle: He's a good guy....just needs to work on his right hook more.

Rachel laughs, before frowning and approaching Kyle.

Rachel: You know; that Kia woman insulted your name, saying you got what was coming to you.....I told her you were like a father to me....I never got a chance to say this, but I'm glad you're alive....when I thought you died that day, I thought I lost my....my real Dad.

Rachel sheds a tear, before Kyle approaches and hugs Rachel, her head resting on his chest.

Kyle: I'm glad you're my kid.

Rachel: Me, too.

The two break the hug, before Kyle wipes Rachel's tear.

Kyle: Watch the place for me, okay. Keep Cassandra safe.

Rachel nods.

Rachel: I will. Be safe, Kyle.

After getting Chris lock the door, Kyle, John and Samantha head out into the rainy streets of San Francisco.

Samantha: Okay, the map showed the aquarium along the shore. Should be down this way.

The three begin to make their way through the downtown area of the city.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.5K 3.1K 29
꧁𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙴𝚟𝚒𝚕 𝚅𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚡 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛꧂ 𝙰 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚝 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚋 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘...
1K 70 38
A former soldier with no memory awakens twenty years into a post apocalyptic wasteland, controlled by the company responsible for the apocalyse, terr...
77 0 8
Toby is a loner and a survivor. She's been staying alive for five years in a cabin in the woods, avoiding what's left of humanity at all costs. She's...
95 12 12
In the year 2012, a mysterious pandemic broke out, causing the dead to rise and prey upon the living, plunging America into a state of decay. Follow...