Alpha's Second Chance (Edited...

By RozaStray

After a brutal rejection and the terms of a curse that had plagued her family for generations. Alpha Ezra Kil... More

1-Kamille
2-Ezra
3-Ezra
4-Kamille
5-Ezra
6-Kamille
7-Ezra
8-Kamille
9-Ezra
10-Ezra
11-Kamille
12-Ezra
13-Ezra
15-Ezra
16-Kamille
17-Ezra
18-Ezra
19-Ezra
20-Kamille
21-Ezra
22-Ezra

14-Kamille

51 5 0
By RozaStray

After Ez was plain out rude to me even after he was kind not too long ago. I figured there was no reason to be at dinner. Not with Alpha ass hat being there with the rest of the pack. I headed to my room slamming the door shut. I guess it didn't irritate Ez as much as I had hoped it would. Because I didn't get yelled at. Sometime later there was a knock on my door with him telling me dinner was ready. I figured I should just ignore him seeing as how pissed off me and my wolf were at him. Even though my wolf was basically in love with him and his sister. I just couldn't be bothered. As far as I was concerned it was time to do some major studying. So I took out my headphones from my backpack. Plugging them into my new ipod that Max got me as a gift.

Pressing play on some random song I jumped right into reading and writing notes. Filling out assignments, writing some questions down for later. I wasn't sure who I would be asking. But I sure as hell knew I was going to give Alpha the silent treatment. If he wanted to be an ass and be mean that was fine. I could figure this out somehow on my own. Or I could just ask Elle for help the next time she's in town. Whenever that was from doing whatever she was doing. I didn't hear the door open or feel anyone near me. But again I was listening to music and focusing on my studies. That was until Alec placed his hand on my shoulder successfully scaring the living crap out of me. I screamed... well more like yipped. And it wasn't one of those softs yips of surprise. No, it was a loud ass yip that had him retreating like his life depended on it.

Ripping the headphones out of my ears. "What the hell Alec! Give a lady some warning next time before you just decided to materialize out of nowhere like a fucking ghost!" I growled out. All I got was a laugh from my outburst. I was so pissed. Letting out an inaudible growl that I could muster.

'Relax Kamille, if you don't you might shift out of anger. And that's not a good thing.' Faith, my wolf sighed.

'Shut up I know!' I growled at her. Closing my eyes and took a deep breath. It was difficult to handle all these emotions all of a sudden. Constantly going from happy when Alpha gave me attention. To annoyed when Zack got too close to Elle. 'I'm sorry I didn't mean it.'

'I know you didn't Kam. Just remember that you are of Alpha blood. Meaning that we do not like to crap from anyone. There is still so much for you to learn before you can be a Luna. You must run before you can walk. Children, like pups cannot hunt without their wolf.' Sometimes this damn wolf of mine talked in riddles that I didn't understand. I guess I was quiet for too long because I heard a light cough. My eyes flinging open immediately making eye contact with Alec.

"Seriously are you okay Kamille? I can call Ez." He asked holding his hands out like a brother waiting for his sister to burst into tears.

"Don't bother I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

"Because for one you have never skipped dinner willingly. And two I don't think I have seen you space out like that before. Were you talking to your wolf?"

"Yeah... Faith was trying to calm me down. She said something along the lines of Alpha bloods see some things as disrespectful. And anger is something I should avoid at all cost. Anyways I'm not hungry." On que, my stomach growled in hunger.

"So you weren't hungry." He turned on his heels and began leaving my room. "Come on it's getting late. None of us want a sick wolf on our hands. So just this once I'll make something light for you before you head to bed. You do have school tomorrow."

"What are you my mother." I commented under my breath.

"No pup I'm your Delta. And for the moment, since you don't want me to call Ez for some strange reason. I get to tell you what to do and there's nothing you can do about it. Now hurry it along." The way Alec said it, it was if it was a friendly joke. With a small dash of seriousness. I figured I should just do as I was told and follow him. Or I might end up going to bed without food. And you know what, food sounds amazing right now.

I may have under estimated my cold shoulder act. It has been a little over two and a half weeks. Ez hadn't changed his mean streak acting as if I was a thorn in his paw. So much for his kindness. Missing Elle a little more because of it. Thankfully she had come back. But the thought that Ez might have said something about my attitude lately. I had been avoiding her. Yesterday I didn't bother to attend our 'study' time with Elle. Like I had for the past week. Instead I locked myself in my room. I would go to school and come back home, staying in my room until dinner. I guess Mr. Big bad Alpha or Elle could care less because no one came to find me. And at dinner they both were a no show. Liz and Zack tried to play it off but the look of worry in Alec's face said something wasn't right. What could I do or say? It wasn't my place to stick my nose in it. Honestly I felt like everyone here, even those from my old pack was better off without me.

'Kamille you shouldn't feel this way.' Faith's voice flooded my head softly.

'But I do. I don't feel like I belong here, don't try to tell me there are people who love me here. Max disappeared to goddess knows where. I may still be learning but I know enough now to say Ezra and Elle are my mates. Even they don't care enough about me to check up on me. I'm just a burden.' Movement caught my attention from Liz cutting my talk with Faith short. I glanced to where she was looking at. There stood Elle in the back doorway with blood dripping down her arm.

"Have you lost your mind again!?" Alec was the first to move to her side. Liz was frozen but with another yell from Alec and Zack to get Will got her moving. Liz was touching Elle too much for my liking. Liz had Zen and only acted like this towards Alpha. So why was she doing it to Elle now? My thoughts becoming irrational by the minute.

"Will isn't on the pack grounds right now. He was called to a nearby pack in the sanctuary." One of the others yelled out.

"Shit what do we do? She isn't healing like normal so something is clearly wrong." Zack growled. Elle pushed everyone off her as she felt too crowded. Seeing the wound that was making them freak out. It was bad looking but I could help with it. I didn't cram months' worth of medical reading to keep up for no reason.

"Get me a medical kit. I can do enough to keep it from getting infected until Will gets back in the morning." Speaking up. Liz, Alec and Zack all looked at me like I was nuts. Sighing I tasked another to get me the kit and stood up. "Come on Elle let's get you cleaned up. I know Will's obsession with Alpha bloods and I doubt you want to be at his mercy for this." Elle grumbled out but gestured for me to lead the way. Moving the chair from the kitchen table and pointed to it.

She took a seat with a huff. "I'm guessing you don't like doctors." I commented letting my annoyance show through. The whole Liz thing still bothering me even when Liz was behind me and not touching Elle.

"It's just a fucking scratch I'll heal. Eventually." She lightly growled.

"Well unlucky for you, you have three friends behind me that are very worried about you. So be a good little Alpha's helper and take the treatment like a brave warrior okay?" Saying the last part like a preppy school girl. It had been only five minutes since I began cleaning Elle's wound. Let me tell you, she wiggles more than a worm would. A kid getting stitches wiggled less than her.

"Damnit Elle! Will you just sit still before I restrain you myself!" I growled out at Ezra's look-a-like. Receiving a growl back in response that was much more menacing than mine could ever be. Still continuing to move around in her seat. "Fine you want to do it your way. We can also do it my way." Looking around for something to restrain her. Not able to find anything, I used what I did have. My body.

Stepping forward and sung my leg over Elle to sit on her lap. Moving a bit to straddle her better. Feeling her tense up and stopped all of her moving. "Good now stay that way so I can finish up. You know if you weren't such a baby this would all be over." Elle didn't say a word just sat like a rock. Taking my time to finish cleaning her arm up.

When finished I moved to get off her lap. Losing balance in the process and reaching to the nearest thing to grab. That happening to be Elle's bare shoulder. She reacted as well by wrapping an arm around me. My shirt ridding up to the point our bare skin touched in two areas. Sparks shot through me like lightning. Igniting my entire body with pleasure. Gasping at the strange feeling as I now understood what the others were talking about. These sparks meant this person, Elle, is my mate. I felt this before sure but it was never this strong and comforting. The only person to have contact with me after my shift was Alpha. So this was surprising to find out that I had a second mate. But that can't be right? Glancing to Elle to see her eyes slightly glazed over. Did the goddess give me two mates? They were siblings, how was that going to work since I never really seen them together. Especially when Ezra leaves for a month and Elle disappears for a week.

I was too lost in my mind when Elle's voice snapped me out. "You can let go now Lovelace." Growling in annoyance. My heart skipped a beat believing I had done something wrong. Ezra had acted like this as well before he left. Brushing me off as if I was a bother to him. But she still kept me close to her. Making me even more confused now. Pushing away from her and swallowing down a whimper that bubbled in my throat. Continuing to take steps back to give her the space she wanted. Sinking to the floor as I pretended as if her outburst didn't bother me. Picking up the first aid kit. Though it was difficult as tears streamed down my face. Hearing someone stopping next to me. I didn't bothered to look up as I closed the box as quickly as I could.

"I'm making some cookies would you mind helping me?" Came Alec's soft voice. I was about to say no, but the thought of walking up those stairs frightened me. What if I had ran into someone while crying. Worse, what if I ran into Elle while I was crying. It would spell disaster. Maybe baking cookies would be a better option. It wasn't like I had school tomorrow. All I had was studying and possibly training.

"Sure." I sniffled and put the first aid kit away before returning to the kitchen. Zack and Liz gone except Alec. For the most part it was quiet. That was before he asked how my studying was coming along. "Fine I guess. Why?"

Alec shrugged. "Just curious. Is Ez or Elle any good at tutoring? I mean you are the only person they personally chose to tutor. Not that I'm questioning their intelligence." Alec began to ramble.

"Yeah they're perfect." Trying not to let my emotions show through to my lie. I did enjoy our private lessons. I just couldn't handle knowing I did something they disliked. I just wished I could figure out where I belonged here. Then I wouldn't be a mess like I was now.

"I know my siblings, Ezra can be stubborn and frustrating. And Elle can be blunt and oblivious about social interactions. But they are not perfect. Two sides of the same coin I say."

"Yes but they aren't your mate. You aren't being ignored and most definitely aren't new to being a wolf. I feel as if I'm a burden and not just to my mates. To the whole pack. I'm no good at being a wolf. I wasn't taught anything about this world. Everyone has to take an extra step just to help me understand what is supposed to be basic knowledge." I huffed out.

"You aren't a burden."

"I really would like to believe that. Not like you would understand." Alec sighed and dropped the oven mitt he had in his hand on the counter.

"I used to live in the woods for two years by myself as a child before Ezra found me. I understand too well. Look you will never be able to change who you are and that is a wolf. Teaching you the basics are the same as teaching a pup. It is no problem. As far as Ezra and Elle are concerned, well you can't entirely fault them. They have been burned before and don't exactly know how to handle someone like you."

"Someone like me? What's that supposed to mean." I frowned. He chuckled and shook his head.

"I mean that you're persistent. Most would have walked away by now. With Liz being the barrier between others and Ez. You've seen through their disguise and continue to pursue Alpha. Elle is hardly outside so there isn't need to keep others away. But her insecurity keeps potential mates at bay in the end. No wolf takes kindly to other damaged wolves. It's a stigma that they both are trying to break." He said as he pulled a tray of finished cookies close.

"Why do they do that? Liz and Alpha I mean." He shrugged.

"Alpha used to love someone once. But they betrayed him in a way that is hard to forget. So don't hold it over their heads. Also if he is a little prickly, he doesn't mean to be. He doesn't want to get hurt again." Moving the cookies to a cooling rack in a very organized way. Wondering if he was always this precise in other things as well.

"Can I ask what happened?" Grabbing a stool to sit in the kitchen with him. Taking this chance of mine to get to know about Ezra a little more.

"Not my place to say." Not the response I wanted but I wasn't about to be rude. This was a gift in itself as Alec rarely made a peep to me.

"Why are you being nice then? You usually don't speak much."

"Because I've seen Elle's lost expression and seen Alpha's attachment. I only want to see them smile a real smile again. Compared to Zack and Liz I saw something else earlier. Don't give up on them. Or I'll be the one coming for you if you hurt them. Family will always come before the pack in my eyes." He held out a cookie towards me. Noting the seriousness in his light tone. Looking to the cookie as if it was an olive branch. Taking the offered sweet before taking little nibbles. Thinking over everything we talked about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 119K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...
1.1M 24.9K 31
"Who is she?" "Is that their daughter?" "Maybe she's our new queen" "She's so pretty." ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() "Good evening, My Queen." Th...
1.4K 69 19
"I can't stay here." "I need you here." "I need my pack." "I need my mate." "Correction, you want your mate." ******************************* Blaire...
19.3K 328 23
"Please sir it was a mistake, I didn't-" "I'll show you a mistake!" The Alpha said as he grabbed me by my hair and dragged me all across the floor he...