Alpha's Second Chance (Edited...

Galing kay RozaStray

After a brutal rejection and the terms of a curse that had plagued her family for generations. Alpha Ezra Kil... Higit pa

1-Kamille
2-Ezra
3-Ezra
4-Kamille
5-Ezra
6-Kamille
7-Ezra
8-Kamille
9-Ezra
11-Kamille
12-Ezra
13-Ezra
14-Kamille
15-Ezra
16-Kamille
17-Ezra
18-Ezra
19-Ezra
20-Kamille
21-Ezra
22-Ezra
23-Ezra
24-Kamille
25-Ezra

10-Ezra

79 4 0
Galing kay RozaStray

Slamming my hand down on the annoying alarm clock effectively breaking it. "Damnit." I groaned out in annoyance. That was the fifth clock I broke already. Sitting up in bed, I yawned and stretched my arms out. My room was pretty small with a twin bed up against the left wall of the room. An oak desk on the opposite side of the room with a matching oak chair. Sweaters and a few clothing draped over the back of the chair. A small nightstand next to the bed that held a broken clock with a lamp beside it. The floor littered with textbooks, papers and a worn out grey backpack.

The door to my room opened revealing a tall man that was in his mid twenties. His blonde hair covering the right side of his head in a wavy mess. He looked to the nightstand with a frown. "Come on Ezra, how many times am I going to replace your alarm clock? I'm not a rich man." I sheepishly rubbed the back of my head.

"Sorry Rick, I didn't mean to. It kinda just happened." He sighed and shook his head. Having heard all the excuses I came up with as to why I did something.

"Well hurry up now. Don't want to be late for school today." I jumped out of bed rushing to my closest for a change of clothes. Then past Rick, my guardian, to the bathroom. Washing up and grooming myself properly. Now that I have gotten used to being in a new home. I've lived with Rick for about a year now. At first it was difficult getting used to the idea of him being my guardian. I was grieving over losing both my parents and baby brother. And getting used to only seeing Alec at school instead of all the time at home.

The elder council says it was a freak accident on how my parents passed. I believe differently but no one would hear me out or believe me. As for my baby brother, he just went missing. There was no body, no blood, nothing. The elder council says he perished too. But even old dogs can't be trusted. They look weak and fragile but they can still bite.

"Ezra you better get a move on or you won't have any breakfast!" Rick yelled from somewhere downstairs. I pulled a black t-shirt over my head that had words that said 'big bad wolf' in bold white letters. A pair of grey cargo pants followed by my socks and shoes. Towel drying my short wild red hair. Staring at my reflection, baby blue eyes shining brightly in defiance. Resembling a matching pair that will no longer shine again. That would no longer look down at me with pride. Shaking out of my depressing thoughts.

"You got this Ez, show everyone that you aren't weak. Show them you are a true wolf and leader. You're going to be the new Alpha in a few more years." I told myself. Feeling confident after my little pep talk. I made my way downstairs to the dinning room where I scarfed my food down in a hurry.

"Hey slow it down kid. You're going to choke eating like that." Rick laughed out and ruffled my already messy hair. I looked to see he was now fully dressed in a suit minus the jacket. His normal unruly hair combed and in a bun revealing his scarred face. Each scar starting at his temple down past his ear. Even a chunk of his ear was missing. He got it saving a kid from a rogue wolf. He never went into full details about that day. But I was okay with not really knowing.

Rick was also the only young council member that was willing to take me in and care for me. He's a nice guy really, I only wished he wasn't so uptight at times. We finished our breakfast and made our way over to the public middle school. Once there I said my goodbyes and ran over to my friends. Zack was my best friend and a good one at that. He was socially awkward at first and quiet. I somehow managed to get him out of his shell. I learned later on that he was incredibly smart and into soccer, which was cool. He also has trypophobia, which is a fear of small holes or something like that. Sometimes I tease him about it.

Elizabeth or Liz, as she calls herself, is like a sister I never had. A total opposite of me. I liked baggy jeans and t-shirts. Whereas she loved her skirts and dresses. She could be sassy at times but is super sweet and caring. I believe she would be a mother hen when we get older. With her constant worrying and whining about how dirty we got.

Alec is a childhood friend and adopted brother. We had been inseparable ever since I found him in the woods. Wandering alone at the age of three. Turns out he was forced to become rogue after his mother died and pack kicked him out. He had been alone for a few months just roaming around. I managed to convince my parents to adopt him. He was my first brother and friend. We were together when we found our parents bodies. He was the one to check to see if our baby brother was okay but we couldn't find him.

I may have lost my family but Alec lost another piece of himself. He took the loss harder than I did. He became distant to everyone but me, along with being protective. We had to be strong for each other even if we were separated at the moment. It also took me a while to convince Alec that Zack and Liz were good and wouldn't hurt him. After that we made a pact, that we would keep each other safe as a true pack. Sure we were young and small at the time of making the pact. But we all had one thing in common, we were all orphans.

"Yo Ez just in time!" Zack called out making the others look in my direction.

"Sorry I was almost late. So who's excited for camping?" I asked reaching our small group.

"Are you kidding? I rather stay in a cabin that has a bed and an actual shower." Liz whined while the rest of us laughed.

"Liz this is literally testing our survival skills in the wild. Not to stay in a fancy cabin." Alec teased. Messing up her hair before dodging her aimed attack. They chased each other around while Zack and I laughed.

Eventually the teachers wrangled us all up into multiple buses. On our way to a national park not far from the territory. Allowing us to tap into our wolves to hone our survival tactics. While we traveled down the road we all came up with plans. Who would collect fire wood, food and set up base.

"Liz, you and Alec should set up home base. Zack searches for the fire wood. And I'll go hunting for some food." I said.

"Well at least I don't have to get dirty much. Alec is great at building shelters." Liz commented.

"Hey you are helping too. I'm not building the shelter by myself." Alec responded. Once our plan was set we busied ourselves with small talk. Talking about supposed rogue wolf sightings through our small pack bond. Just to keep others from eavesdropping into our conversation.

"Will we be safe in our location?" Liz asked as fear was evident in her tone.

"I'm sure the teachers took that into account before planning this trip. We will be fine, if anything we can protect you from them." I reassured her. Though I myself was sure as hell, couldn't take on a full grown rogue. Let alone protect everyone. Rogues we're on a different level. Being more in tune with their wild wolf side than their humanity. The bus came to a halt signaling that we reached our destination.

Outside teachers handed each group a walkie-talkie in case of an emergency. Then let us all disperse into the woods once we had everything we came with. As much as I loved running in the woods. This was definitely a different experience. Knowing we would be staying a week without supervision. We were all guarded as we kept hearing noises around us.

"This is ridiculous!" I cried out. "Why are we freaking out over nothing?" I kicked a branch into some bushes.

"Yeah, we need to chill out. I mean we are wolves are we not? Granted young ones but still." Zack sighed out. However we spoke too soon. The branch I kicked ended up hitting a sleeping porcupine. Running for our lives screaming as a spiky ball of death chased us. When we stopped to catch our breath the porcupine was long gone. Gazing about to see we ended up by a river. Having a running flow of water by camp was a good idea for food source.

"Let's set up camp here." I mentioned. The others looked around the clearing we had. There wasn't much grass leading up to the river which was perfect for a fire. A fallen tree to our right that looked good enough to harvest fire wood. And large leafy branches we could use to protect us in case of rain. Without hesitation we all began setting up camp. By the time night fell on us we had a small shack to fit the four of us. And a nice fire going as our fish that I caught cooked over it.

"I think we did a little too well with the surviving." Zack stated looking at the shack. Alec shrugged and laid back on the dirt.

"I like having four walls around me when I sleep." I shared a glance with Liz who also shrugged. It really paid off to have Alec on our team with his survival skills. We spent the next three nights training with each other and having fun. Mainly the three of us teasing Liz on how she was covered in dirt. When day time came around we would regather our supply of water and wood.

On the last night before we had to venture back to the buses we all sat around the camp fire. Alec tossed another log into the fire. Sitting in silence watching the fire dance around the log's surface. Liz was the first to start dosing off. Letting her lay her head on my lap as I braided her hair. The night was quiet and calm like it had been the entire time we were out here. But suddenly Alec jumped to his feet glaring into the woods.

"What's up? Hear a bear or something?" Zack asked between yawns. But I knew better and understood Alec's posture. This was no bear but something much more dangerous. Without warning a giant figure darted out at Alec. Tackling him to the ground without much resistance. Alec cried out in pain as the man-like figure bit Alec's pinky and ring finger off. Chewing on them like it was its favorite meal.

"Alec!" I yelled getting to my feet and waking up Liz. Rushing towards the dark figure but froze when red eyes locked onto me. Fear ran through my veins trapping me between fight or flight. I had to think fast before anything else happened. "Zack call for help now!" I chanced a look to Alec who was writhing in pain. Clasping his bleeding hand in pure horror. Anger shocked all fear out of me with that sight. There was no way I was losing another precious person in my life. Crouching down low as I let out a loud growl.

"Back away from him or else!" The figure's eyes scrunched in a smile before cackling out a laugh. Observing my opponent to see that the figure was still indeed in human form. Meaning it hadn't lost all of its mind to its wolf. And the putrid smell of rotting decay lingered in the air.

"And what can a kid like you do? Nothing that's what! I'll make your death quick then I'll eat your little pal here slowly." The voice was strained as if they hadn't used their voice in a long time. A blink. That's how long it took before the creature was upon me swinging a clawed hand at my face. Landing a hit to my left eye. For some reason I didn't flinch even after I couldn't see out of it. The cackling echoed in my ears and continued too. Touching the blood on my face returned the images of my parents. Bodies dismembered tossed around the kitchen and living room. Blood soaking into the rug staining a large puddle into it.

Something in my mind snapped as I looked up to the twisted face of the laughing figure. Lunging forward I dug my own teeth into thick skin. Wrapping my arms and legs around the creature tightly. Every time the creature tried to pry me away, I would clench my teeth tighter. Until I punctured through the skin and into the creature's esophagus. Even after I tasted their disgusting blood they continued to laugh. But it quickly turned to gurgling and gasps for air. Desperately trying to pull me off now as they slowly choked on their own blood.

The creature stumbled back, tripping on a rock in the process. The minute we hit the ground I aggressively tore away at their throat. Tearing into flesh and spitting it back out. I wanted to make sure this disgusting creature was never to harm another again. And I figured tearing its throat apart was the best option. The sound of teachers rushing to our aid thundered out. But I was too focused with my task of killing to take notice. Alec, Zack and Liz all pulled me off the lifeless body. Because the teachers feared that I would turn on them. I fought against their hold, growling and snarling like a wild animal. Like I was still locked up in that cage from a year ago.

"Ezra enough!" A familiar voice called out. I halted my movements to look at my guardian Rick. The same man that saved me from my rage at the council. "Look at you... what happened?" His voice lowered and in pain as he came to my side. Touching underneath my eye that now mirrored his. This time I did flinch away in pain.

"I... it was the... the creature. Alec got injured..." I struggled to speak as shock and realization of what I had done set in. Tears ran down my face from my only surviving eye. "I couldn't let it hurt my pack- my family... I don't want to lose anymore people... I don't want to be taken away again. Please don't let them take me away again. I can't be locked in a cage!" Rick hushed me and hugged my bloodied form.

"Hush now. You're safe kid, I got you. I won't let them take you away, I'll fix this I promise." Rick carried me on his back all the way to the buses where his car was. Alec walked close to us holding his hand still. Now wrapped up in his shirt to stop the bleeding. Zack and Liz followed close as well, not wanting to leave our side. Rick took the four of us to the hospital for treatment. Zack and Liz stayed with Rick as they were lucky not to have a single scratch. Alec lost his two fingers on his right hand. Which he said it was fine. He was more worried that he would have lost his middle finger. If that was gone he wouldn't be able to flip people off. He was happy that he could still do just that.

As for me, I went through intensive surgery. My eye was too damaged to be repaired, but not enough for a transplant. Just thinking about someone else's eye in the socket was kinda gross. But if it helped me to see even just a little bit I would take it. In the end the surgery was a success with no loss of vision. I was glad that my body took to the transplant well. My wolf also helped with accepting the new organ.

I now stood in the bathroom staring at my reflection. What was once two baby blue eyes were now mismatched. Blue on my right and green on my left. Honestly I liked it, it gave me the whole mysterious look with them. And helped keep my memory of my mother's eyes at bay. When I went through a change, the eye color changed as well. Pretty neat I thought. The doctors said it was a weird reaction with the way the replacement eye took. I think it distinguishes me from Rei, my wolf. He has red eyes that change to gold when angry. But Rick says that it might affect Rei with me losing an eye.

'Do you hate me Rei?' I asked my wolf one day.

'Never my pup. I will always care for you and protect you when you can't protect yourself. Like I have done twice now.' I smiled at the black wolf that had a matching scar as me. That ran from our brow down to our cheek bone. The only scar that didn't heal properly. Rei's red and gold eyes stared back at me with pure love.

'I look forward to have many adventures with you.'

'As do I little pup.'

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

34.7K 488 32
Previously 'Rejected And Accepted' #899 in werewolf (04/09/20) {WARNING ! This isn't a really good book. Although I am proud of making it till the en...
4M 124K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...
251K 9.6K 39
After a one night stand during a senior high school party, Alise, finds out she's pregnant and there's only one person she has ever slept with and wh...
34.9K 1.1K 29
He stared at the bodies on the ground , at the girl covered in blood . "you're late " she said standing up . her eyes narrowed at him and before she...