Alpha's Second Chance (Edited...

By RozaStray

After a brutal rejection and the terms of a curse that had plagued her family for generations. Alpha Ezra Kil... More

1-Kamille
2-Ezra
3-Ezra
5-Ezra
6-Kamille
7-Ezra
8-Kamille
9-Ezra
10-Ezra
11-Kamille
12-Ezra
13-Ezra
14-Kamille
15-Ezra
16-Kamille
17-Ezra
18-Ezra
19-Ezra
20-Kamille
21-Ezra
22-Ezra

4-Kamille

102 9 0
By RozaStray

I don't know how long I stood here in my father's office. Brother's arguing about some strategy that could help fight against Killick. Other's countering those strategies and claim we should give up. The same argument we have been having these past two days since the invasion. We were never going to win against Killick. Not with them arguing rather than figuring things out. Why I was required to be here when I offered no help or understood what was going on. Was entirely beyond me since they once thought I was just a frail girl needing protection. Something in me told me that this mess father had dragged us into was getting worse. That father was not the man I believed him to be. That I should have gone after Killick and begged him to take me away. However the girl my disgusting father raised was not that type of person. I needed to stay calm and think like the well-disciplined daughter I was raised to be. I could faintly hear the raised and angry filled voices of my brother's behind me. Eavesdropping into their conversation a bit, even if it wasn't really eavesdropping. Considering that I really hadn't left the room.

'A lady must choose her battles wisely with words. As to not look like a fool in front of others.' My father's words floated to the front of my mind from the past. I used to be outspoken when it came to expressing my feelings. Though those days were short-lived, he made sure of it. Beating me down mentally and sometimes physically. Thankfully he hasn't laid a hand on me in years. The fear is still there unfortunately and I'm sure father wouldn't hesitate to lift his hand again. Taking a deep breath as I started to feel that I was not needed in the room. They were too busy arguing with each other anyway so I began to walk towards the door. After two steps I noticed the silence of the room suddenly.

"Kam?" Max spoke up questioning on where I was going.

"I'm tired. I just want to go up to my room and sleep. I don't even want to attempt to unpack everything that was said tonight. At least not yet." I sighed out and looked to Max. It was the truth but our father apparently didn't approve of my decision for he got angry.

"How dare you, you ungrateful child!" Flicking my icy silver gaze to our father exasperated at his ever changing moods.

"What do you mean ungrateful?" I asked my own anger growing. "You taught me to choose my battles did you not? Because that is what I am doing, choosing my battle. That man holds himself high, as he walks authority radiates off him. We cannot defeat him if he managed to get into the party the other night. You even coward at his feet. Out of all your teachings father, I'm using them to my advantage. I'll see how this plays out simply because I want to see this so called hole you have dug us all into. Then I'll decide if it's worth throwing myself in front of harm's way for you." My tone cold and cruel. I hated being this kind of person he so desires me to be. I was kind and gentle at one point of my life. Now all that was left was a cold empty shell that was forced to be his doll. It was only fair that he got a taste of his own doing every once in a while.

Waiting patiently for a response, when none came I politely excused myself for the remainder of the night. Back in my room I freed myself from the restricting dress and left it in a pile on the floor. Taking a shower to wash away the nights events before just standing under the spray of water. Waiting until my fingers and toes became pruned to finally get out. Towel drying my hair after drying off and getting dressed into more comfortable clothing. Choosing to sit on a cushioned bench that was situated under a bay window. My favorite place to sit for it overlooked the garden. The same garden that my mother used to look over diligently. Memories of her in messy clothing as she labored on the ground. Making sure the plants had healthy soil and free from weeds and over growth. Smiling while telling me names of flowers that now elude me. Memories of her chasing me around the maze hedges surrounding the garden. However one specific memory was hazy.

I remember my mother in the garden with a visitor and another kid. I could never recall the name of the child. But they had the brightest red colored hair I have ever seen and bright blue eyes that sparkled in the light. We played and ate oranges until it was time for them to leave. Unfortunately that was the last time we had a visitor and the last time mother was full of life. Blinking a couple times as I stared at the nearly colorless garden. Don't get me wrong the garden was still beautiful. It just wasn't the same as many of the flowers had been replaced and others hadn't bloomed the same. It was as if the life of the garden was dying out. The same way the life in my mother died before the tragic night of her death. Wondering if she felt alone and cold the night she was found in the garden. Max was the one to find her, since then he made sure to stick to my side. Making sure I was protected and kept away from anything violent. A knock drew me out of my mind as a maid walked in. Holding a tray of tea and biscuits. Watching as she hurried in to set the tray down before taking her leave. Eyeing the tray as I knew it was a peace offering from my father. Sighing I left it there and refocused back to the garden. Wishing to lose myself to fond memories of the good times.

Sometime in my reminiscing I must have fallen asleep. For I had found myself in bed warmly tucked under blankets. Having no memory of getting into bed I sat up looking around. The tray of tea and biscuits were gone but instead there was a jacket in its place. There was only one brother of mine that was allowed to enter my room without permission. That being Max, it also would explain how I ended up in bed. Seeing that I was up now I might as well get dressed. Leggings with an over-sized shirt nothing too crazy and that I could get messy in. Fixing my hair up into a messy bun before I felt ready enough to leave the room. Only to find that my door was locked. Strange as it was I tried once more thinking I might not have turned the doorknob completely. When it didn't open again I began to grow agitated. Banging on the door in irritation from it all.

"I know that there is someone out there guarding the door! Unlock this stupid door or else!" I yelled at whoever was on the other side. Hearing the lock disengage I stepped back to see a young man. Black hair and blue eyes staring at me as if he did not have a care in the world. Standing in the door way and my only exit out. "Can you move." I stated trying not to let my agitation show through.

"I can't do that ma'am." The man answered. Sniffling as he shifted from one foot to the other while adjusting his pants. I swear it's the ones around my age that act tough and believe no one can touch them. It was gross and oddly sad to see them try like that.

"Why the hell not?" I questioned him and crossed my arms. All I wanted to do was be in the garden. Maybe do some work  to bring the life back into it even if it was unnecessary for me to do so. And this stupid guard was refusing to let me leave my own room in my own house. Then a thought came to mind the longer I stood there. My father was the one to lock me in here. He was going to lock me away like I was a bad child for not sticking to his side.

"Because your father believes you are in danger." The fact this man wasn't backing down told me he purposely chose a stubborn guard. Not that it really mattered in all honesty. He was just going to be replaced by another guard later like they always do. But that didn't mean I couldn't be upset about it.

"Of course I'm still in danger! I will continue to be in danger until my own father pays back what he owes! If he thinks for one second that locking me up is going to stop me he's got another thing coming! I'll be a sitting duck in this room, for all we know that man will just sneak up into my room and steal me away!" I yelled out. But the guard just smirked and closed the door, locking it back up. Letting out a frustrated scream I looked around my room. Hoping to find something that I could use to get out. Yanking the sheets off the bed to use as I stormed to the bay window. Opening them to tie the sheet firmly around the frame. Giving it a few tugs to make sure it was secured enough. Tossing it out to see that it was just long enough for me to scale down and not severely hurt myself. Taking a deep breath before attempting to climb out of the window.

Making my way down only to be short three feet off the ground. Dangling from the sheet as I tried to stare at the ground. Checking to see if I would land on anything that could possibly hurt me in the process. With the area cleared I let go and fell to the floor with a thud. Groaning at the slight pain I felt laying on the ground. Slowly getting off the floor and wiping the dirt clean off. Sighing out I set off to enjoy the fresh air and flowers before I was discovered missing and found. Walking through the garden without a care in the world. I think I lasted about a good two hours before there was chaos throughout my home. Only because my named was called from behind me. Turning around to see it was my father, who was fuming in anger. Stomping his feet on the graveled ground like a two year old throwing a tantrum.

"Get back to your room where you're safe this instant Kamille!" He roared.

"No. The only way I will be going back is on my own time not because you demanded of me." I said crossing my arms and taking a stand again. Like I should have continued to do these past several years.

"How dare you talk back to me! I am your father, what I say goes and that is final!" The anger in his eyes trying to burn a hole into me.

"I will be eighteen in two months, I think I have every right to say what I can and can't do. Saying that you are my father means nothing. For all I know you stopped being a father when mother died! All you want is control, all you want is for me to be your stupid little doll. That you can sell off to whoever you so wished because you don't want to be an adult and handle your own god damn problems!" Our back and forth banter must have pushed him completely over the edge. Because he snapped and backhanded me to the point I actually fell back. Hitting my head on something hard enough to knock my lights out.

When I came around I could hear people softly talking in the back ground. But couldn't make out what was being said. Cracking my eyes open only to flinch and shut them again because of the harsh bright light that surrounded the area. But the pounding of a headache was must worse as my head throbbed in pain. Fluttering my eyes to adjust better to the lighting. Coming to the realization I was back in my room and no longer in the garden. Touching my head to see if I was bleeding, which thankfully I wasn't. Slowly sitting up in bed with a bit of difficulty. My whole body ached as if I hadn't used a muscle for a while. At least I wasn't in the hospital again. I was an accident-prone child growing up. So that wouldn't have been strange for me to end up there. Though something told me that this time around, father didn't want me anywhere that he couldn't keep an eye on. A light knock rapped on the door before a woman came in. Dressed in a black pant suit and a white lab coat. Her dyed red hair pulled into a tight bun. I felt like I should know her but couldn't really put a name to it.

"How are you feeling?" She asked softly as she joined me at the bed.

"Head hurts and body is sore but that's about it." I told her honestly. Not a hundred percent sure if I could trust her just yet. If anything she could be someone my father hired to make sure I stayed quiet.

"That is to be expected you had a nasty fall I heard. Fell out of your window from being overwhelmed." That was interesting. So my father wanted to keep quiet about how I actually got hurt.

"I'm sorry I don't remember it too well." I said cautiously.

"That is normal for some head injuries. I'll ask a few routine questions, depending on the answers, you'll be allowed to get out of bed." The woman said checking a few vitals. Nodding in acknowledgement as I waited for her questions.

"What is your name and birthday?"

"Kamille Crystal Lovelace. Birthday is April 15th, 2000." I answered.

"And what is the last thing that you remember?" She took a step back and stuffed her hands into her coat pockets.

"Just that I felt like I needed some air. I tried to open the window, it was really stuck to the frame. Happens quite often actually but I usually have one of my brothers to help. But seeing as they weren't there at the time, I used all my weight to push it, lost my balance and fell." I lied.

"Well, that is most likely what happened. Your father had a similar story, not as detailed but still the same. You are cleared to leave the bed seeing as you have no need to stay in it any longer. Would you like me to have your father come in and check on you?"

"No!" I practically screamed at the woman. I definitely did not want to see my father in fear that he would just discipline me further. After seeing the look on the woman's face I cleared my throat. Thinking up a random excuse as to why I lashed out like that. "My father is a busy man, I hate to disturb him while he works." It took a minute but in the end she believed the lie.

"Then is there someone who can check up on you? It's just a precaution nothing more." She asked.

"My brother Max? He worries more than the others." I said. The woman nodded then left me alone to get dressed. Sometime later Max entered the room and hurried to my side. Giving me a tight embrace as if he thought I had passed away. "What has gotten into you?" I questioned.

"When father told us he found you in the garden. I had thought..." Hearing the pain in his voice said it all. He had thought I met the same end as our mother. Gently petting his head in reassurance that I was okay.

"It has only been a couple of hours, there is no need to get worked up." I teased trying to lighten the mood. He held me at arm's length and shook his head.

"Kam you have been out for nearly two weeks. This isn't something to joke about." My face fell at the realization. If it wasn't for Max holding me I would have crumpled to the floor. Father, our father had harmed me enough that I could have died this time. Turning wide eyes to Max in fear.

"He- I could have- I can't stay here I'm not safe!" I tried to break free of Max's hold but failed as he pulled me close to him. Hushing my sobs as he comforted me with his presence.

"Dad won't harm you anymore, he won't lay another finger on you. I'll make sure of it."

Much to his promise, Max spent the next week by my side. Not once leaving the room in fear that it would give our father a chance to visit me. Sharing meals together, watching whatever was on tv and reading books. I was still confined to my room but at least I had company to keep me from going insane.

I was finishing my dinner when I noticed Max didn't touch his plate. Curious I looked up to see him staring out the windows. His gaze never wavering from the full moon that shined beautifully. "Are you sure you don't want to go with the others? Normally you, Stefin, Vahn and others go out running in the woods. Doing god knows what and getting into mischief." I commented. Hesitantly Max turned his gaze towards me then back to the moon.

"I am needed here with you." He answered calmly. But I could see he was itching to be outside. I never understood the appeal of being outside in the woods at night. There was plenty of predators that could harm you. Not only that they all would go with nothing but shorts on. Which would always be shredded by the time they got home, if there was anything left of the fabric.

"Can we go to the library? I know everyone is on edge tonight but I would like a change of scenery if possible." That got his attention long enough for him to look at me and think.

"It would be unwise for us to leave," He started walking towards me with a smile. "However the windows can be opened in case we need to make a break for it." Winking at me then guided me towards the door. Sticking his head out to see if the coast was clear. Motioning me forward as we snuck out and made it to the library. Letting out a breath of air as I finally was in a new environment. Max moved to the window to keep an eye on the moon once more. Trying his best to become one with the wall he leaned up on. Moving to the nearest shelf and plucking a book from it then sat close by to Max. I still didn't feel comfortable to be too far from him just yet. Glancing out the window down to the garden. The light from the moon lighting up the plant life in a magical way. As if it was breathing life back into the flowers, shrubs and trees. Though the more I stared out the more of an urge to open the window grew.

Trying my best to push it down and keep it under wraps. Shaking my head I turned my attention to the book. I may have looked like I was reading the page but in reality I didn't even process a single word. Not being able to shake that feeling completely off I finally shut the book and set it down. Reaching over I opened the window as the nagging in my brain told me to. When I did open it eight random people leaped up and entered as if they were waiting. Each thanking me with a smile and nod when they stepped over me. The last person to enter through the window was none other than Killick himself. I stared at him and the others in disbelief. Other than Killick I remembered two others that were at the party as well.

"Hello there princess. Ready to go see if your deadbeat father is going to pay me?" Killick's voice soothing and light despite the fact there was a low rumble coming from his chest. And the smile he wore had me melting that it was directed to me and no one else. The only thought going through my head now was that this was going to be a long night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 118 19
(EDITING PLEASE RE-READ!) Isabella Adrienne has just turned 18 and must now find her true mate. In a world where being marked by anyone but your true...
66.3K 2K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...
4.7K 431 26
This is book two in the " ReJecTed by the GaMma LoVed by the AlpHa" Series it's a standalone for the time being. ReJecTed by the GaMma LoVed by...
121K 3.4K 52
Disrespect her and your dead. Try and push her down and she will knock you down with twice as much force. Bailey Lowell is the daughter of two of t...