Alpha's Second Chance (Edited...

By RozaStray

After a brutal rejection and the terms of a curse that had plagued her family for generations. Alpha Ezra Kil... More

1-Kamille
2-Ezra
4-Kamille
5-Ezra
6-Kamille
7-Ezra
8-Kamille
9-Ezra
10-Ezra
11-Kamille
12-Ezra
13-Ezra
14-Kamille
15-Ezra
16-Kamille
17-Ezra
18-Ezra
19-Ezra
20-Kamille
21-Ezra
22-Ezra

3-Ezra

108 7 0
By RozaStray

It had been a few hours since I got back from my lectures. I have been bouncing back and forth between school work and pack work. Wishing to be done with this already and second guessing myself about over filling my plate. Finally I did end up getting it all done. Dropping my pen with an exhausted sigh I glanced to the clock on my office wall. It was almost dinner time, but it was also getting closer to the time for my shift. Getting up I made my way downstairs to the kitchen. Walking in just as Alec placed the last plate of food onto the table.

"Dinner is ready!" I yelled out while walking over to the fridge to grab a water bottle. Cracking the bottle open and turned around to see the pack members that lived here sitting and waiting for me. "Go on, eat. Don't worry about me." Saying tiredly and taking a swig of water. Only causing them all to eye me worriedly. They were all aware that twice in a month I disappeared without eating dinner. Only to repeat it the following month. Thankfully none said a word about it, it just became a regular thing in the house. Though that still didn't stop them from being concerned about my health.

"Do you need one of us Ez?" Liz questioned not bothering to hide her concern. Shaking my head as I walked back to my room sluggishly. Once safely inside with the door closed I striped down completely out of my clothing. Piece by piece tossing it somewhere on the floor without a care or thought. Downing the remaining water I had left just as I turned the facet on. Making sure the water was ice cold to help with the unbearably burning hot pain under my skin. At times it felt as if there was silver running through my veins every movement I made. Crying out only the minute the pain was too much to handle. I could hear and feel the packs worry through our link.

But I pushed that to the back of my mind. Skin stretching to its limit before relaxing over the newly formed muscles. My left eye throbbed and burned at the same time. Still crying out until my throat was hoarse and felt swollen from all the screaming. It was my own personal hell that never seemed to get any better. Matter of fact it felt like it progressively got worse with each change. Even if the change was only for a week tops. When the change was finally over I felt numb and more exhausted than I previously was before.

Leaning against the cold tile while the water continued to pelt down on me. With a huff I slowly reached up to turn the shower off. Somehow managing to crawl out of the shower and semi-dry myself off the best my aching body could allow me. Slipping a pair of boxers that Liz must have kindly put on the counter sometime earlier in the day. Shuffling slowly to bed with little to no strength left to hold me up. Dropping face down not caring if I was fully in the bed or not. Eyes fluttering open and closed before finally closing for the rest of the night. Entering into a dreamless sleep.

Awakening to a stream of light filtering in through a crack in the curtains. A heavy weight holding me down on my chest. Stirring my wolf awake putting him on edge. Trying to figure out where I was before moving around or antagonize my wolf too much. Memories of last night flooded my mind. Considering now that I was fully in bed Zack or Alec most likely moved me. Taking a deep breath for a strawberry and vanilla scent to fill my senses. My wolf recognizing the smell as comfort and family. I didn't even have to look to know that it was Liz in bed with me. Searching for my phone as best I could without waking her. Finding it under my pillow surprisingly, checking the time for it to read seven in the morning.

Sighing I shoved the phone back under my pillow and repositioned myself. Glad for once I completed everything for today yesterday and didn't need to be up until noon. Wrapping an arm around Liz and burying my face into her hair. Hoping that having Liz nearby would ease my wolf's nerves. Going back to sleep without the stream of light in my face now. Waking up a little later to a light nudge trying to wake me up. Growling in protest at my assailant.

"Alpha it's time to get up. Zack told me to come wake you." A young male's voice mused. After a few more nudges and shakes I finally opened my eyes. Turning slightly to look at the young wolf, Kennith, I believed his name was. It was hard sometimes to remember everyone's name. Especially those that lived in the pack house with me then moved out the minute they found a place, family to adopt them or finding their mate. There was a constant flow of them coming and going. I only really bothered to remember those that stayed longer than a year and those I work closely with.

"Where is Liz?" Grumbling as I sat up in bed. He looked at me confused for a moment before his mind came to a realization that I might still be out of it.

"Liz is in the shower Alpha." Still a bit weak I had to really focus hard to hear the water hitting the tiled floor in my en-suite bathroom.

"Thank you, you may go now. There are things I must attend to." The young wolf being as shy as he was, blushed like mad. Briskly turned on his heels and hurried out the room. I stared at the door briefly before sighing out. 'Do they really believe that Liz and I are horny pups?' Thinking mainly to myself. I really needed to get that rumor under control and destroy all assumptions once and for all. Hearing the water shut off before a semi-wet Liz emerged a few minutes later with a towel wrapped around her body.

"Everything alright Ez?"

"Peachy. Damn pups are perverted that's all." I growled in annoyance. Liz cocked her head in confusion but I didn't bother explaining. Instead I moved onto to the next pressing matter. My wolf and his growing interest at seeing Liz naked and her under us. I really needed to sort out this whole mate thing. I really didn't want to be thinking of Lz, a close friend and practically a sister, like that. "Can you cover up more please. Leave more to the imagination." I stated trying to adjust myself without her being aware of my literal growing issue.

"What's the matter, getting shy Alpha?" She asked in a teasing matter. Lightly growling at her in warning.

"You're playing with fire Liz. That in itself is a dangerous game especially during this timeframe." Reminding her that all my wolf would be thinking this week is mating and making sure I continued my lineage. Sure I had my fair share of having women warm my bed. But it wasn't what Rei wanted, he wanted to properly share a bed while forming a bond with our mate. So much so that he was growing impatient with each passing day. So long as I didn't have anyone throwing themselves at my feet I'll be fine. She rolled her eyes and moved to get dressed. Turning away to give her privacy and stare at my phone. A few moments later I felt her hands on my bare shoulders.

"Ez..." She began to rub at my back. "I might be playful and flirtatious with you. But even I know better than that. Your trust means the most to me and I will never do something to shatter that. I wouldn't actively provoke Rei into doing something that we all will regret later. I'll head down first." Letting out a breath that I hadn't noticed that I was holding. She kissed my cheek sweetly before moving away and out of my room. Now that she was gone I could perform my normal routine without further distractions. Even if that did annoy Rei a little. Mind wandering over the plans for tomorrow night. I couldn't afford to make a mistake, it has become too important now for that.

The day was uneventful like it always is. But I still had a hard time calming my wolf. Needing a run before allowing him to burn off any unneeded built up frustration. With his constant itching to sink his teeth into flesh, be it through sex or killing. Rei was rarely ever on his best behavior which I didn't mind. As long as he didn't get too out of control. And it was only for a week out of a month. It could honestly be worse than it had been. Which I constantly reminded myself each time. Reaching the top of a waterfall that was located a few miles behind the pack house. Looking down at the crystal clear water and the way it flowed down misting at the bottom.

'Rei?' I thought hoping to get a response from my wolf. And not have a lecture on how fine Liz's ass was and why I wasn't tapping it currently.

'Yes pup?' His bored response came.

'I have a sickening feeling about tomorrow.' I told him, thankful that he was distracted enough to talk.

'Just keep your head up and stay strong. I'll lend you my strength like I have been. It will all work out in the end. But I ask to let me have my fun, be it good or deadly. Either way I want to tear into skin and taste blood.' I shivered at his dark response. Only he could calm my mind with being supportive and gruesome.

'Thanks for the grueling support.' I grumbled. Returning my attention back to the water below. After a while I did return home not needing the others to send a search party for me. Goddess knows that will only succeed on putting me back on edge about tomorrow. That and Alec will throw a tantrum if I was not there to start dinner, letting the food get cold. It has happened before and I would rather it not happen again. Coming up to the back of the house to spot Liz. Standing outside waiting patiently with a shirt in hand.

"You're cutting it a bit close Ez. Alec is about to have a cow." She held the shirt out for me to take. Grumbling an apology as I slipped into the shirt and headed inside. Seeing that everyone was waiting impatiently at the table. Practically foaming at the mouth dying to dig into the hot food.

"About time." Alec growled in annoyance. I was going to get after him but one look at our meal stopped me. No wonder the others were drooling Alec had made a feast. Deciding to let his disrespect slid this one time and to annoy him instead. Wrapping my arms around his neck lovingly.

"Oh come on my sweet adoring Delta. I know you love me with all your heart. How about we blow this joint and have some real fun." Purring into his ear and drawing patterns on his chest with a finger.

"Disgusting. Stop pulling my chain I get it I won't do it again. I would really like to eat." He said pushing me away. We all laughed while I took my seat and dug into the food. Dinner continued as normal but there wasn't much talking this time around. Believing it to be the calm before the storm. Halfway through our meal one of the pups stood and slammed his hands down on the table. Showing his displeasure of whatever was on his mind.

"Why must you soil your hands Alpha! There is no call for it! This is the council's problem not yours! Don't let them make you do their dirty work!" He fumed in anger and rightly so. His words were clearly not his own as everyone agreed with him. Exception of Alec, Zack and Liz. They knew why I had to do this but the rest of the pack didn't. They wouldn't be able to understand why they were partly wrong. It wasn't just the council's problem. It was mine as well given that I owned the land Alpha Williams stayed on. I owned the entire state and only allowed certain packs to stay on my land with proper cause along with stipulations. To which Alpha Williams has abused countless times. The only reason the council was involved was because they had some control over me. Which I plan to remedy that once I claimed my mate.

"There is no place for you to say what is right or wrong pup." I answered calmly but knew that wasn't what he, or the pack, wanted to hear. "If I could back down I would gladly. But that isn't the case, unfortunately Alpha Williams is on my territory. So it does make it my problem which I must handle myself. As Alpha of this pack I must rid anything and everything that could be poisonous or harmful to this pack." Everyone had become extremely quiet around the dining table.

"I promise to come back victorious no matter what. Even if I have to skin the old dog and wear him as a trophy. I will keep the rest of you safe no matter what may come. I swear it on my bloodline." That seemed to settle their nerves if only just a little. Needing to pick the mood back up I turned to Alec. "Will you be kind enough to give us a story Alec? Something powerful should do." Catching him mid-bite of his chicken. Setting his fork down and cleaning his face off before clearing his throat and standing up.

"Have any of you heard about the lone wolf?" A few ears lifted up at Alec's words. "Let me tell you of a story of a young scared Delta wolf. Who lost everything to monsters and tossed aside by his pack. But was saved when he met a stubborn yet sweet young Alpha wolf." Alec started to excitedly tell his tale of when he was a pup. Engrossing everyone here no matter if it was their first time listening or their hundredth time. It was still a story that rallied all kinds of people to our side. Wanting to get a glimpse of the almighty Alpha that took a scared helpless wolf in. In reality it was far from an epic tale that was told. I did meet Alec when we were both young. I did save him from starvation. But his story was much more gruesome. His old pack hated him and his mother, using and abusing them for their own benefit. His father passed away before he was four leaving them behind to defend themselves.

Alec would never go into detail as to what led to his mother's passing or why they chased him out of the pack. But one thing for sure was that I was the only one who saw him as who he was. An orphaned boy that needed someone to protect him. I managed to convince my parents to take him in. They eventually adopted Alec and he became my brother. And since then we had been inseparable. Well for the most part, there was a year that was extremely dark for us. We try not to bring it up for my sanity. He still walks around with a chip on his shoulder and tends to keep to himself. But I think that has to do with not finding his mate yet. After the story and cleaning up we all got ready for bed. Choosing to sleep in the next day as well.

Of course that couldn't last long. Around dusk Alec, Zack, a handful of skilled warriors and I were getting ready outside. Liz watching us with worried filled eyes at the back door. "Please come back safe all of you." She begged. Taking her face into my hands as I looked down to her.

"Stop worrying so much mother hen it will only cause you wrinkles." Teasing her a bit. A small smile made it to her face. "That's much better." Leaning down to give her cheek a chaste kiss. Turning back around to address the others and go over the plan again. "Be on guard and vigilant. Alpha Willims likes to play dirty as the rest of his pack. Raven, you and the rest are to retrieve the princess along with Maxwell. Protect them at all cost I'm not about to lose my rat and be yelled at by the council. I don't want unnecessary bloodshed, just knock them out if possible." Glancing to one of my head warriors and holding her gaze. Making sure she understood there would be consequences of disobeying my order. Once satisfied that she grasped the severity of my words I turned my attention to Zack and Alec.

"You two will be damage control. I don't want anyone of us to be injured or possibly die. Tie the opposers up, lock them up, I don't care just keep them from attacking us with our backs turned. None of you will take Alpha Williams, he is mine to deal with. Is that understood by all of you?" I asked waiting for their responses.

"Yes Alpha!" They called out in unison with respect. Nodding I shifted into my wolf and ran off into the dark forest with my team hot on my tail. Howling as my thoughts turned into Rei's about sinking my teeth into living flesh. Wanting to tear apart the poisonous creature known as Williams. The light of the moon guiding us along the way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 7.3K 69
Breyanna is a normal werewolf, had a loving father who was the beta of The Heart Moon Pack, her mom the beta female who was always supportive of her...
121K 3.4K 52
Disrespect her and your dead. Try and push her down and she will knock you down with twice as much force. Bailey Lowell is the daughter of two of t...
67.2K 2K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...
33.2K 1.1K 29
He stared at the bodies on the ground , at the girl covered in blood . "you're late " she said standing up . her eyes narrowed at him and before she...