Alpha's Second Chance (Edited...

Από RozaStray

After a brutal rejection and the terms of a curse that had plagued her family for generations. Alpha Ezra Kil... Περισσότερα

1-Kamille
3-Ezra
4-Kamille
5-Ezra
6-Kamille
7-Ezra
8-Kamille
9-Ezra
10-Ezra
11-Kamille
12-Ezra
13-Ezra
14-Kamille
15-Ezra
16-Kamille
17-Ezra
18-Ezra
19-Ezra
20-Kamille
21-Ezra
22-Ezra

2-Ezra

137 8 0
Από RozaStray

Stepping onto the gravel road as I left Alpha Williams' home. Exhausted beyond what I was showing. Knowing the ride home was only going to further exhaust me. And it was a long one at that. I could already feel the subtle pain setting in and growing worse the more I moved. Climbing into the back of a van as Zack drove us home. Leaning up against a side of the van. Gritting my teeth as the pain increased. Fighting the urge to scream out. Shutting my eyes tightly in the process. My thoughts turning over to silver-blue eyes.

The eyes of my princess. Recorrecting my thoughts as I realized I had suddenly placed claim on her. I must be going insane to think of Williams' daughter like that. But I also couldn't deny the shock I felt from her hand. Followed by the sense of relief. As if I had finally found the piece I was missing in my life. But where exactly did she fit? Was she meant to be a part of my pack? Someone I could take on as an apprentice? Someone that had pull on the council? Wherever she fit I needed her alive. Feeling weak and faint as unbearable waves of pain hit.

Not able to hold back anymore I cried out. Doubling over in pain while my screams echoed in the van. Noticing a few members flinching from the sound. I hated this, hated showing my warriors how weak and vulnerable I was. Unable to help but sit there watching. As an invisible nightmare broke me down from the inside. Only to be repaired once again. My Delta, also known as my step-brother, Alec. Took it upon himself to try to soothe out the pain. Even if it wouldn't do a damn thing.

"Hang in there, it's almost over." He calmly spoke. Rubbing soothing circles into my back. I wished I could say that helped. But it didn't. The fabric of my clothes felt annoyingly itchy against my raw skin. Soon the pain did eventually disappear. Leaving nothing but soreness in its wake. My throat felt like it was on fire. And the exhaustion I had, felt even heavier. I continued to lay there not wanting to move just yet. Listening to the rumbling of the van's engine. Along with the crunch of gravel as it gave way to the van's weight.

"How much longer until we arrive home?" I questioned no one in particular. Voice raspy from all of my screaming.

"We are just around the corner." Zack responded as he slowed down significantly. Deciding it was time to get up and into new clothing. Rolling over to a sitting position. Running my now much smaller hand through my hair. Glancing to the rear view mirror to see my eye had changed. The hazel that it once was now turned jade green. Body slimmer but still toned. Even with feminine curves that didn't fill my clothing properly. This damn curse just continued to fuel my exhaustion. Having to go through a full body change into a guy. Just for a week starting the night before the full moon. Only to go through another to turn back into a female for the rest of the month. Both excruciating painful experiences. I guess the only plus side is not having a period. Given my anatomy still matched up to that of a man.

"How long this time?" I asked Alec who handed me a neat pile of clothes.

"Approximately forty-five minutes. Five minutes faster than last time." He commented. Humming in acknowledgment I grabbed the clothes.

"The time is better. The pain, not so much." I sighed. Finally stripping out of the suit I wore. Causing the others to turn their heads away in embarrassment. Some actually blushing. I quickly threw on a forest green t-shirt. And a pair of black jeans. Grabbing handfuls of hair to put it up in a ponytail. Followed with a slim pair of glasses. Zack pulled up to our home and cut the engine. Slowly getting out as I still had a hard time standing. Glancing to our home. It wasn't grand like most pack houses. But it was still home to us.

A decent three story house that only took up two sections of property. Enough to house me, my friends, and orphaned pups that are warriors. When I decided to remodel the pack house. I wanted it to blend in with the rest of the neighborhood. Make it harder for my enemies to find it. And for the past three years we had no issue. And I pray that it would continue to stay that way. I stretched out to hear a satisfying pop. Releasing some of the tension felt amazing. However it wasn't entirely enough. Sighing yet again I followed Zack and Alec into the house. I wasn't given a chance to fully enter when I was grabbed. Yanked into small arms in a tight embrace. Then pushed back as my face was grabbed next. Being forced to look side to side as questions flooded out. My head was reeling from it all. Making me slightly nauseous of all the fast movements.

"Liz! Please stop shaking me. You're making me sick." I managed to lightly yell out. "I will give you an update later. But for now I just want to rest. I need some sleep before having to get up in a few hours." I continued in a much calmer tone. She pouted but let me go in the end. Zack being my Beta and best friend. Handed me a water bottle. Thanking him I took the bottle and headed upstairs. Taking two steps at a time until I reached the top floor. Going straight to my room and closing the door behind me. Mind set on taking a nap. Flopping onto my bed then downing my water. Letting out a deep breath as my body finally got to shut down. Sleep drowning all sounds the farther I sank in.

Awaking four hours later to the alarm on my phone going off. Groaning I blindly searched for it. Finding it on the night stand beside me. Turning it off, I continued to lay in bed for a bit. Slowly opening my eyes before forcing myself to get up. Not caring about how I looked. I let my hair down and left my room. Walking the few feet to my left to reach my office door. Preparing for my day of unnecessary paperwork and responsibilities. Checking a few emails, responding to some. There was a knock at my door before it was pushed open. Seeing that it was Liz I smiled. Closing my laptop and moved towards her.

"Morning." I said shuffling her hair. Frowning she pushed my hand away.

"I just spent fifteen minutes on that!" She whined and began combing her fingers through her hair. Smoothing out spots here and there. Laughing I guided her out the door. "Why do you have to be a jerk." She grumbled.

"You love me don't deny it. Besides I like it when I get under your skin." I responded. Liz rolled her eyes and wrapped her arms around my arm. Giving a rundown on today's schedule.

"The schedule for today hasn't changed. After classes you'll need to make a visit to the hospital. They are needing approval on change of medical equipment. Followed up with attending a meeting at the academy."

"The academy? For what exactly?" I asked a bit confused.

"To go over the school years top performing wolves. There are more applications and qualified wolves this year. Zack has more information on that." She responded. I hummed and nodded.

"Anything else I should know?" We reached the main floor. At the same time Zack and Alec made their appearance.

"Nope that is all. The remainder of the day is open for you to spend in the office or training." Alec tossed me an apple. Fumbling a bit before cradling it between my elbow and ribs. Alec bit into his as he passed by. Looking to the dark red apple then shrugged. Not my first choice of fruit but it'll do.

"Then I'll be heading out." Taking a bite of the fruit. Following Alec to the garage, Zack on my heels. Classes weren't too boring today which was a plus. But it did drag on a bit. I didn't really need to attend college classes. Granted that I'm running my own pack. However it never hurt to learn a few tricks here and there. Zack and Alec only attended because they had nothing better to do. They both claim that it was to protect me from harm. Not that I needed protecting. I had a patrol constantly running the perimeter of the territory. If there was an attack I would know about it ahead of time. We all knew the reason they attended college was so they can continue to goof around.

When classes ended I went straight to the hospital. Checking in with the head director. Who happened to be my personal doctor, Will. A young human male that had a thirst for the unknown. And damn good at his job. I went over the new supplies he was requesting. Only asking a couple of questions about a few items. Seeing no reason why his request couldn't be filled. I accepted it and took the list from him. Offering to order it myself so the shipment could be on time. Piling back into the car once again. To drive across town to Karin Academy. Named after my mom before her passing.

School was just released when we arrived. I sat in the car watching the students. Alec noticed my hesitation. And gently touched my shoulder. "We can reschedule if you want." He said reassuringly. With a sigh I shook my head. I may have hated my school days. But that was no excuse to prevent me from doing my job as Alpha.

"Unfortunately I already rescheduled this meeting too many times. The next good time would be a month from now. When I'm a male. And around that time we'll be paying Williams a visit. Might as well get this over with and play our roles." Opening the car door and getting out. Almost instantly the students all turned in our direction. Some star struck, others surprised but most were excited. Alec draped an arm over my shoulders.

"Looks like you got some secret admirers little E." Alec announced loudly. Easily settling into his role. I frowned at his display but decided to ignore him.

"Alec please behave yourself. Don't want this to get back to Alpha." Zack sighed. Hanging my head as they both started to bicker beside me.

"Both of you shut it! Or I will have no choice but to report your misbehavior." I warned. Immediately they both stopped and moved a good distance away. So as to not really get on my nerves. As we walked I would sometimes catch a few conversations. Mainly about how Zack and Alec looked so cool. I did however catch a few that were interesting and disturbing. There was one conversation about how they never knew their Alpha had a sister. Or one that desperately wanted to get to know their Alpha's sister. Because I looked like I could kick ass. But there was one that was down right horny for their Alpha's sister.

It took every ounce of control I had to not reprimanded the students for that one. Obviously they weren't aware that I was indeed their Alpha. And I planned to keep it that way. Only a few were allowed that pleasure. And mainly it was for safety reasons. The less that knew, the safer my pack was. It also wasn't like just anyone could know. I had to fully trust them with this secret. Someone that is willing to take it to their grave.

"Good evening Beta Zack and Delta Alec. What brings you here today? Are we receiving a new student or warrior?" A young girl asked. Stopping us from entering through the security gate. A group of other girls behind her. Looking to the collar of her shirt. Finding a pin representing the student council. Mentally sighing at having run across them. Snobby children that believe just because their parents were warriors in the pack. That granted them special privileges and immunities And this girl was their president.

"No we are here in regards to a meeting with the faculty. You may not be aware but this is Alpha Killick's sister." Zack answered politely.

"Does this sister of his have a name?" The girl asked looking me up and down. Feeling a bit unnerved at being sized up. Prickling at the edges of having my worth examined. Pups and their stupid need to be the big boss.

"Elaine." I responded. "But most just call me E." The girl furrowed her brows in disgust. It took everything in me to not pour my dominance on her. To show that I was not to be fucked with. Alas, I reminded myself that she was just a child and I was better than that.

"I never knew Alpha had a sister. As far as most are aware Alpha doesn't have-"

"I do apologize miss. But we are in a bit of a hurry. My brother unfortunately is tied up with other things. And had me come as his replacement. So if you would pardon us, thank you." I cut her off as I walked around her and her group. Easily passing through the security system. The guard on the other side bowed her head as I walked by. Finally some respect. It took a bit for Zack and Alec to catch up however. Practically having to run to keep up with me. When we finally met with the faculty. We went over the applications of the promising students. Picking out the one that stood out for a higher ranking. And the rest as normal warriors.

"You can place this one among the elite. Her testing in physical training is exceptional. Especially with weapons, we could use her to help train the others. Is there any more applications?" I asked leaning back in my chair. Taking my glasses off and rubbing my eyes.

"That was the last one." Zack said taking the paper that was in front of me. Stacking it on a pile neatly. The pile was much smaller than the other stack. Which towered over it. Letting out a long sigh I got up. Placing my glasses back on my face.

"Thank you for your continued cooperation and support on this. I'll make sure you are all greatly rewarded." We said our goodbyes and left. Back at home I went straight to my office. Sinking into a chair and opening my laptop. A ding came from through signaling that I just got an email. Surprising me I opened the email and stared at it. It was a message from one of the council members. After reading I sat back and stared at the wall. I was being ordered to handle Alpha Williams permanently. I had to play attack dog for the council again.

What made it worse is that I was to acclimate his pack into mine. Meaning if they do not cooperate willingly I would have to force them. Else they lose their life. Not that I haven't done that before. I mean I did double the size of my pack by taking out other smaller ones. I just prefer to give them the choice. They could join my pack or go in search for another. It helps keep the moral in the territory peaceful and healthy. And using force would do the opposite. Especially when I have to use leverage over them. In this case Kamille Lovelace, Alpha Williams' daughter. Is to be my leverage. Mentally thinking up a response that would pull me out of their mess. Not coming up with a single one. Groaning I rubbed at my forehead.

This left me no choice but to go with their stupid plan. And seeing how easy it was to get into Williams' home. It was going to be a piece of cake. Even with him expecting me this time. Though I wasn't going to be able to use my rat. He is most likely being watched closely. With that in mind I had to come up with a new way of getting in. Flicking my gaze to the piling stacks of paperwork. That plan will have to wait until after dealing with this. Inhaling deeply I got to work. Signing or discarding papers in a haze like state.

Only letting out an exasperated breath when finished. It always seemed as if the paperwork kept growing in size every week. And that wasn't including emails. To which I was about to work on when I caught a delicious smell. Making my stomach growl. Reminding me that I ate nothing but an apple today. Quickly closing my laptop I bounded downstairs. The savory smell of roasted pork spread through the house. Popping my head into the kitchen. I felt like a curious puppy hoping to find something new. But it was the same as it has been the past few years. Zack and Liz setting the table. While Alec cooked and hummed a tune to himself. I opened my mouth to speak only for Alec to beat me to it.

"I hope you kept your appetite Ez. Wouldn't want my cooking to go to waste." He looked over his shoulder at me smiling wide.

"Like any of us would let that happen. Your cooking is amazing." I said moving farther into the kitchen.

"I learned from the best. So really you are complementing yourself." Alec laughed. Zack looked up to me when he placed the last napkin down. However it was the one standing next to him who got my attention. Liz leaned all her weight on one leg. A hand resting on her hip as she raised an eyebrow at me.

"I hope you washed up Ez." If I lied I knew she would take it out on me later. So I headed straight to the kitchen sink. Washing my hands thoroughly. I really wasn't in the mood to fight today. Zack however, had other plans.

"You know Ez, you cut it really close last night." I froze in place when I turned the water off.

'And here we go.' I thought to myself.

"Cutting it close? What is he talking about?" Liz questioned. I really wanted to strangle Zack right now. Drying my hands as I turned to face Liz. Trying to figure out a excuse or even a white lie. Something that will keep her off my back.

"Ez almost shifted back in front of Alpha Williams and his four kids. Could have blown her cover and ruin the mission." Alec answered. Eating up the drama he and Zack created. And because Liz would be bitching me out instead of him.

"What?! Ezra Killick! How dare you almost put yourself and this pack in danger! What would you have done if it did happen?! Do you not realize how bad it would be if you were captured? How the pack would suffer without their Alpha?"

"Dinner is ready!" I called out. Not yet ready to answer her at the moment. And because I knew I could easily turn this back around. The stomps and rough housing of the pack members. Could be heard as they made their way down. Settling into my seat at the head of the table. Liz made an annoyed huff as she took her own seat.

"I had it under control Liz, don't worry so much. If you do you'll only become old and wrinkly." I commented while taking a bite of a dinner roll. A few others let out a snicker and laugh.

"That's not the freaking point Ez!" She growled out. Making everyone freeze with unease. One Liz rarely snapped like that. And secondly, those who dared to growl at me. Either never saw the next daybreak or regretted their action. I may be a laid back Alpha. But I never tolerated a wolf who took things too far.

"Watch it Elizabeth." Using her actual name in warning. "You're stepping out of line. Besides, who cares if I was caught. I could easily put Alpha Williams down like the dog he is." I said nonchalantly. As if I wasn't just correcting her behavior.

"Sorry Alpha... Did he at least comply to the terms?" Liz asked keeping her head down.

"Not really. But in honesty I don't see him complying anyways. It really doesn't matter now. I have to end his reign come next full moon. His pack will have to choose to merge with ours or with other packs." I answered. My gaze trained on the glass of water in front of me. Thinking back to the email I received.

"Is that what the council has ordered? And what about the land he is on now?" A different voice spoke up. A young male's voice. My gaze flicking up to the pup. Seeing that he looked unsettled much like the rest. Wanting to ease their mind I spoke up.

"That part of the territory is tainted by blood. No one will be allowed to live there. We can use it to run about in but that is all for now. Eventually the land would have healed. Allowing others to occupy it once more. But not until a decent amount of time has passed. As far as Alpha Williams is concerned. Yes, I was ordered to take him out. He's become a hazard." I paused not sure of the reaction I would get from this next part.

"I must also take in his daughter. I am in charge of her training. Along with making sure she is a suitable mate for whoever she is to be partnered up with." Hearing Liz sigh I glanced to her. Seeing her staring with sympathy at me.

"I'll help in anyway I can Alpha. You shouldn't have to do it all yourself." She commented. Placing her hand down on mine with a loving smile. Staring at our hands I tightly smiled. Feeling a familiar painful tug at my heart. Knowing what it's from my smile fell. Pulling my hand away, I stood up.

"I'm still exhausted from this morning. I'm heading to bed early." Not staying long enough to be convinced otherwise.

The following weeks I fell back into my normal routine. Wake up early, go for a run to check my borders. Head home for a shower. Then to the office to work on processing shipments. Afterwards, head to the university. Only to come home to work some more in the office. Dinner with the pack, back to work, then sleep. A busy day that I had to repeat for three weeks. With the exception of not having class on the weekends. If my parents were still alive I'm sure they would scold and praise me. One would complain that I was working myself too hard. The other would express that I was working hard like a true Alpha. Either way I like to believe they would be proud. I have grown into what I presumed they wanted in a daughter. One that held the position of Alpha with dignity and pride. Who sympathized with their pack. And fought to protect it.

I currently laid in bed since I wasn't able to manage to get an ounce of sleep this morning. Having woken up from a very realistic dream that involved a certain princess. With a sigh I grabbed my phone and stared at the screen. Groaning as the white numbers read five in the morning. I didn't need to be awake for another two hours. Glancing about the room at the cold atmosphere that was created. The light shade of grey that painted the walls. The wood and iron furniture. Only managed to make the room feel cold and empty. As if no one occupied the room. Personal items that most would display. Nowhere in sight, and never will be. As I didn't really own pointless things.

"I should really redecorate and spruce it up." I mused out loud to no one in particular. Deciding that it was pointless to continue laying here I got up. Entering the bathroom that was attached to the room. Pulling everything off to step into the shower. Standing under the hot water to ease the tension I felt in my muscles. Knowing later tonight I'll go through another shift. After showering and drying off. I got dressed in pressed dress pants. And a bright white cotton shirt. Walking out of the closet as someone knocked on the door.

"Enter." I called out while towel drying my hair. Liz carefully opened the door and walked in with a tray of food.

"I took the liberty of cooking breakfast. Since you have a very bad tendency of skipping it. Don't worry it's not much. Just egg, sausage and a bowl of fruit. I also made you a cup of straight black coffee." Liz stated as she set the tray down. Turning around she frowned at me. "Is that what you are really going to wear?" All I could do was chuckle. Closing the distance between us.

"Sorry but I'm not in the mood to wear a tie." Plucking a grape and eating it with a smirk. Liz rolled her eyes.

"You are never in the mood. I'm starting to think you can't even tie one." Liz stated as she went into my closet. Coming back with a crisp shirt and a black tie. Forcing me into the offending articles then worked on the tie.

"I can most definitely tie my own tie thank you. I just don't need a leash that is within reaching distance to you." I countered. Only to have her tighten the tie tightly. Dragging me down towards her.

"Sometimes my Alpha, you are needed to be kept on a leash."

"Honey if you wish to manhandle me then just say so." I teased. Liz rolled her eyes again and loosened her grip.

"Shut up and head up. I need access to your throat." She said readjusting the tie.

"That's my line you know." I laughed.

"Ha ha Ez. You know I don't see you that way. You'll need to find someone else to satisfy your needs." I stopped my teasing to let her focus before she moved on to my sleeves. Taking the time to look her over. Her normally straight black hair curled at the ends. And pulled back into a high ponytail. Her light blue and white ombre tank top. Hugged her slim and curvy body like it was second skin. A crescent moon necklace that glittered in the light against her caramel skin. A coral colored skirt that stopped mid-thigh in the front, and her calves in the back. Framing her legs perfectly. Making them look longer than they actually were. She was also barefooted with a anklet hanging loosely on her left ankle.

I couldn't help turning my attention back to the necklace. Bringing forth the memory of when I got it as a gift four years ago. I had seen it in the window of a shop that I passed. And figured it would be a sweet gift as my token of appreciation for everything she has done for the pack. I also couldn't help to reach out and play with a stay stand of her hair. Twirling it between my fingers before laying it back properly in place. Her breath breezed across my skin as she let out a breathy laugh. Finished rolling my sleeves she took a step back out of my reach. "You have to behave today Ez." Calling over her shoulder as she walked away. Hips swaying provocatively making a low growl rumble from within me.

"How is it that men don't throw themselves at your feet?" I asked reaching for the tray of food she sat down.

"Maybe it's because I have a big scary Alpha they have to fight off. Remind me I have to thank him sometime for it." Picking up the mug and taking a careful drink from it. All while keeping Liz in my line of sight. "You still look tense, was last night not enough to burn it out of you?" She asked in a worried yet mocking tone. Laughing I shook my head and set the mug down. The little spar I had with her last night burned off more energy than I needed. It even allowed me to have a decent night's sleep for once. Even with my little dream about a certain princess.

"No it was plenty, I'm just dreading the change." Answering honestly for once.

"Well, now that you're dressed as a lady killer. You should hurry up and eat before you run late." Walking to the door before looking over her shoulder. "Or else you'll be late for your lectures."

"Shit! Thanks Lizzy bear!" I yelled and hurriedly scarfed my food down along with the coffee.

"You know I hate that nickname Ez!" Liz yelled back as I rushed past her down the stairs. Grabbing my book bag and struggling to slip on my shoes. Somehow managing it without breaking my neck, I grabbed my keys and headed for my car. 'Today is going to be a long day.' Thinking to myself as I head off.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

The Queen's Alpha Από Sarah💕

Λυκάνθρωπος

1.1M 24.8K 31
"Who is she?" "Is that their daughter?" "Maybe she's our new queen" "She's so pretty." ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() "Good evening, My Queen." Th...
The unnoticed Από Yasmine

Λυκάνθρωπος

69K 1.6K 26
After Layla is forced on a rip across the country to visit all of the packs in the U.S.A. a lot of unexpected things happens. She meets her mate for...
441K 16.9K 42
I was soon deemed an Omega, diminishing hope of our pack having an Alpha female. My father had things under control but he is getting old and wishes...
375K 7.2K 69
Breyanna is a normal werewolf, had a loving father who was the beta of The Heart Moon Pack, her mom the beta female who was always supportive of her...