Chronicles of the Apocalypse:...

By Pacman1994

Years after the war with the raiders, Kyle and his group are finally living a peaceful life in a rebuilt Berr... More

Director
Executive Producer
Music Composer
Cast/Characters
Cast/Characters-Others
Visual Effects and Animation
Distributor
Prologue
Chapter 1: Something Better Than This
Chapter 2: New Berrington
Chapter 3: Injustice
Chapter 4: What to do next?
Chapter 5: Olympians
Chapter 7: M.I.A
Chapter 8: Hunt For Olympians
Chapter 9: Killing Grounds
Chapter 10: Communication
Chapter 11: Rogue Prophets
Chapter 12: The Effects of Last Night
Chapter 13: The Olympian Hospital
Chapter 14: What's Happening To Us?
Chapter 15: At What Cost?
Chapter 16: Unusual Alliances
Chapter 17: Showdown
Chapter 18: Memory Lane
Chapter 19: The Prophet Island
Epilogue

Chapter 6: San Francisco

13 1 0
By Pacman1994

Outside San Francisco, Kyle and his group are just arriving through the highway to the city. In the front jeep, Kyle is driving as Sarah is looking at the forest surrounding them. Cassandra is sharpening her arrows. Kyle winces, clutching onto his chest.

Sarah: Kyle? You okay?

Kyle: Still hurts.....it's only been two weeks and sometimes....fuck, that really could've been it.

Sarah: You're a survivor, Kyle...

Kyle: So was he....they both were....

Sarah looks back at Cassandra, who continues sharpening her arrows.

Sarah: How are you doing?

Cassandra: I'm surviving. Bout all I can do.

Sarah: Cassandra...

Cassandra sighs.

Cassandra: You know; we always looked at you as an example. Marriage. Kids......I always envied you, Sarah.

Sarah: Why?

Cassandra: How strong you've been with all you've been through. I just wish...I could be like you, Sarah.

Sarah: Oh, honey....trust me; it's not easy. All I've lost...all I've gained...it all cost something along the way.

Cassandra sighs.

Cassandra: I wish James could've known how happy he made me.....there were so many things I wanted to say to him....how grateful I am for him...

Sarah takes Cassandra's hand.

Sarah: Cassandra...

Cassandra: Really, Sarah. I'm doing okay. I can't cry right now.

Cassandra looks out and smiles.

Cassandra: My Dad took me on trips like this....just right outside of Midtown Manhattan. Hey, Kyle?

Kyle: What?

Cassandra: I was just thinking, with all the people we've crossed. Who do you think was this? What about those cannibals you guys came across before you came to Midtown Manhattan? Kane, right?

Kyle: Doubtful. We made sure that all those crazy fucks were dead. Besides, these guys didn't look like the same group.

Cassandra: Maybe Sawyer's people? Or the twins? Takers?

Sarah: Cassandra, honey, we've crossed a lot of people out in the wasteland. I don't guessing is gonna really do anything.

In the RV, Hunter is taking stock of the weapons as Rachel is listening to music on his walkman.

Rachel: While we're out here, we should look for some music cassettes to play on here.

Hunter laughs, but continues stocking up on weapons.

Rachel: Oh, look, a building that's shaped like a giraffe....

Hunter: Uh-huh.

Rachel sighs, before taking off her headphone.

Rachel: Okay...Hunter.

Hunter: Huh?

Rachel: Can you look at me for a minute?

Hunter sighs, before looking up at Rachel.

Hunter: Okay, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm just thinking...getting Shawn and Margaret will mean we have to kill people, won't we?

Rachel sighs.

Rachel: Yeah....

Hunter: I've never had to kill before...least, not intentionally. Orion on the boat four years ago was one thing, but....

Rachel: Do you think you can?

Hunter: I don't know.....if I have to.

Rachel: You're gonna have to....

Hunter: Rachel, you've been out there. Uh......

Rachel: What?

Hunter: When was the first time you killed?

Rachel: An infected? Or a person?

Hunter: A person....living...fully functional.

Rachel sighs for a minute.

Hunter: If you don't want to talk about it....

Rachel: It's fine....I was about fourteen. There was this hunter. Drowning Kyle. I didn't even think. Ran in, grabbed the gun....and shot the guy in the face....I even had to kill my own Dad.

Hunter: Shit...you never told me that...that you killed your own Dad.... Is it easy? Killing?

Rachel remains silent for a minute, before responding.

Rachel: No, it's not, but we can't make it easy for them easy.

Chris: Oh, shit....

Kyle stops the jeep while Chris stops the RV as they approach an intersection of abandoned cars on the old highway. Peter, Samantha, Hunter, Rachel and Kayla walk up to the front of the RV while Kyle scopes out the area.

Kyle: Shit....

Kyle exits the jeep and turns to the girls.

Kyle: I'm gonna check out the area. Wait here. I'll let you know what I find.

Sarah: Okay. Be careful, honey.

Kyle walks up ahead past the ruined cars, where finds a highway checkpoint. Chris, Rachel, Peter, Hunter, Kayla and Samantha step out of the RV.

Chris: The hell's he doin?

Cassandra: Checking out the area.

Kyle looks inside the highway checkpoint, finding little supplies, but also finding a map of San Francisco. Kyle returns to the rest of the group.

Sarah: Find anything?

Kyle: Found an old map of the city. Might be of use.

Peter: Great. So, we have a whole scale of the area, then.

Kyle: Alright. Hunter, Samantha, you two keep watch.

Kyle, Sarah, Cassandra, Chris, Peter, Kayla and Rachel look at the map on the jeep while Hunter and Samantha keep watch for trouble.

Peter: This whole map can't cover the whole entire area of San Francisco, plus it's not only the Olympians we've gotta worry about.

Cassandra: Shawn and Margaret could be anywhere, though.

Sarah: What do you think, Chris and Kayla? You're a good tracker.

Kayla: Did some skilled tracking while you were scoping out the area. Shawn and Margaret definitely came through.

Kyle: Alright, then.

Chris: What are you thinkin, boss man?

Kyle: Hmm....well, we've got a big group, so looks like we're gonna have to split in threes. Hunter! Samantha! Come here!

Hunter and Samantha walk up to the group.

Hunter: All good. No signs of trouble.

Sarah: Good job, guys.

Kyle: Okay, we're splitting up. Here's the groups. Sarah, Cassandra, you guys are with me. We've head up to the highway. Chris, you take Peter and Samantha head right. Rachel, Hunter, and Kayla, you guys go left.

Kayla: Should we try to find a way around this with the RV?

Kyle: No, I don't want to draw any more attention to ourselves then we already will when we find our first Olympian.

Samantha: Plus, who knows; this RV might be our only way home when we get Shawn and Margaret.

Hunter: What if it's one of the ones we're looking for?

Kyle raises an eyebrow.

Sarah: Then we'll do what we have to do.

Kyle: Alright. Everyone's got radios. Chris, I'm putting you in charge of finding a safe haven for us in the city somewhere for us to regroup.

Chris: Okay, brother.

Kyle: Let's get moving. Stay safe.

The group separates into their groups as Kyle, Sarah and Cassandra take the jeep and drive through the ruined cars on the highway. Rachel, Hunter and Kayla depart left to the forest while Chris, Peter, and Samantha depart to the right of the forest. Kyle, Cassandra and Sarah drive up to an old large quarantine zone gate.

Cassandra: Is this a Zeus Corps QZ?

Kyle: Sure as shit is.

Sarah: Watch those high spots.

The three get close to the gate to see something spray painted on the door.

Sarah: "Olympian Territory. Trespassers will be shot on sight."

Cassandra: These guys seem like the friendly bunch.

Kyle: At least we know we're in the right place.

Kyle, Sarah and Cassandra exit the jeep.

Sarah: Where is everyone?

Kyle: They put up this sign...means there's gotta be a way in.

Kyle, Sarah and Cassandra start to look around, then they climb on top of an old trailer then over some holding cells.

Kyle: Holding cells. This was not a good memory.

Cassandra: Being in one or seeing one?

Kyle: Both. Zeus Corps used these a lot.

Sarah looks up to see a broken ladder.

Sarah: Kyle! Help me get up here.

Kyle walks over to Sarah and helps her up to the ladder.

Kyle: Sarah, be careful.

Sarah: My last name is Desipich. Careful isn't in my name anymore.

Kyle laughs as Sarah climbs up and runs across some old walkway then jumps over an old scaffolding. As Sarah jumps towards it, she barely makes it as she grabs onto the side.

Cassandra: Sarah!

Kyle: Sarah!

Sarah climbs up on the platform.

Kyle: Jesus Christ....You alright?!

Sarah: I'm okay. I just almost died, though.

Sarah makes her way over the large gate, before she goes over to this tower and sees a ladder, climbing down it. She jumps down then walks out to see some trailers and a generator. She goes over to the generator and pushes a button, which causes a loud noise and the gate next to her opens.

Kyle: Sarah?

Sarah goes over to the entrance gate and sees a little sliding door. Sarah slides it open and sees everyone on the other side.

Kyle: Everything okay?

Sarah: Yeah, I got the gate opened. Now I gotta figure out this one now.

Kyle nods.

Kyle: Okay.

Sarah nods to Cassandra.

Sarah: How's she doing?

Kyle: She's holding out. We all are.

Sarah walks off and goes over to the generator on the other trailer to see another generator. Sarah goes over to it then pushes a button on it then heads over to the trailer. She sees that it is the control panel and there was a note with a bunch of codes on it. Sarah looks through the code page then presses a code button on the panel and it opens the entrance gate. Kyle drives the jeep through it with Cassandra walking and Sarah smiles.

Cassandra: Well, done!

Suddenly, a creak is heard.

Sarah: Look out!

The gate starts to shut as Cassandra hurries out of the way just as the gate slams shut.

Kyle: Jesus Fucking Christ!

Sarah: You okay, Cassandra?!

Cassandra: Yeah. Come on. Let's get out of here.

Sarah walks over and enters the jeep as does Cassandra.

Kyle: Yeah, that crash was pretty loud.

Kyle drives his way through.

Cassandra: Now what?

Sarah: I found a note back there...it had some codes on it. Says there's a Olympian safe house and somewhere called the Handlery Union.

Cassandra: So we find this place and hopefully find our first Olympian, get them to talk, and go from there.

Kyle, Sarah and Cassandra continue on.

Cassandra: Oh, shit, look!

After a few minutes of going through some parts of San Francisco, Kyle looks over and sees Cassandra pointing ahead of them, so Kyle follows where she's pointing and sees an old building with the Handlery Union.

Sarah: That's gotta be it.

The trio comes up to another gate as Sarah exits the jeep and walks up to the key code. She pushes some buttons and nothing happens and she turns around to see a generator.

Sarah: Hey! Looks like it might need power.

Kyle goes over to the generator and pulls the string, which turned the power on.

Cassandra: Still got some juice.

Sarah punches in the code, before the trio enters the jeep and goes through the gate.

Cassandra: Well, no welcoming party.

Kyle: Or just waiting for us.

Sarah: Possibly.

The trio make their way to the hotel.

Sarah: Look, Olympian!

Sarah points to a large banner on the side of the building.

Kyle: Oh, yeah.

Kyle chuckles a bit as they make it up to the fence area of the hotel, then they see an infected get on top of a dumpster and hop the fence as Kyle stops the jeep.

Kyle: You see that?

The trio wait for gunshots but nothing.

Sarah: That's odd. Should've heard gunshots by now.

Kyle: Well, at least we know how to get in.

The trio exit the jeep and hop over the fence, then, quietly, make their way towards the hotel, quietly. Inside were some Skinners, including at least two or three gathered close together. The trio make their way into the building and take out the infected.

Sarah: I think that's all of them.

Kyle walks over to see a fresh body of an Olympian Soldier.

Kyle: Fresh body.

Sarah: Yeah, and he's got one of those Olympian patches.

Cassandra: Guess they didn't make it out with the gas after all.

Sarah: That's a good thing, right?

Cassandra: I swear to God if any of those fucking assholes who killed James got taken out by some random infected...

Sarah: They'd still be dead, Cassandra.

Kyle: I'm with Cassandra on this. It's not justice. I don't plan on giving these people the easy way out.

Sarah: I....(sighs) I get it.

Kyle walks over to another dead Olympian soldier a few feet away.

Kyle: Here's another one.....he's been shot.

Sarah: What?

Kyle: Yeah....

Sarah: Recognize any of them?

Kyle: No.

Sarah: Cassandra?

Kyle: No.

The trio start to make their way upstairs and look around the rooms for any supplies. Suddenly, Sarah exclaims.

Sarah: Fuck!

Kyle and Cassandra make their way over to where she is and enter the room she opened. Inside were two dead men tied to a chair, where it looks like they were beaten and then their necks were broken.

Sarah: The fuck happened here?

Kyle raises the dead man's head and examines his wounds.

Kyle: Shawn and Margaret...they did this.

Sarah: This? No way.

Cassandra looks at the man.

Cassandra: I recognize him....Steven....he's one of the ones that killed James and Rocky.

Kyle: I recognize this guy, too.

Sarah looks over at Kyle and Cassandra, who sees something and goes over to it. Kyle and Sarah follow her and see there was another body tied to a chair, but he was knocked down on his side and a code was written with the man's blood.

Kyle: Yeah, Shawn definitely did this.

Sarah: Was he one of them?

Kyle: Tyler...this motherfucker held me down and made me watch that bitch....

Kyle folds his lips, before he turns to Cassandra briefly.

Sarah: How do you know for certain Shawn and Margaret did this?

Kyle scoffs, briefly chuckling.

Kyle: Soldiers technique. He used them against each other. It's a form of interrogation soldiers used a lot.

Cassandra: How do you know that?

Kyle: Because I did this once with Billy.

Sarah nods.

Kyle: When you and the others were captured by Kane, Billy and I did this to find you.

Kyle points to Tyler.

Kyle: You ask this guy a question...you don't make him speak it, then make him write down. Then you ask the other asshole, and if the info matches, they're telling the truth.

Sarah gives Kyle a horrified look.

Kyle: If not...

Sarah: You kick their fucking teeth in til they spill, right?

Kyle: Right..

Kyle kneels down then pulls out the map and looks at what Tyler wrote down on the floor.

Kyle: South one...you think it's a code?

Sarah: Looks like it.

Kyle gets up and puts the map away.

Cassandra: It looks like this just happened. He and Margaret can't be too far.

The trio make their way out of the hotel.

Sarah: Hey, I know you said you two had a rough past as Zeus Corps soldiers, between Sheila and Shawn's Dad, but....Jesus.

Sarah is in shocked and disbelief and Kyle frowns at her once they make their way out of the hotel.

Kyle: I know. You okay?

Sarah sighs.

Sarah: It was brutal.

Kyle: We've known Shawn for years, Sarah. I don't want you to think bad of him...

Sarah: Kyle....if I had Skull tied to a chair after he killed Ashley...or that asshole that killed Rose...I'd do so much worse.

Kyle and Cassandra give a sympathetic look.

Kyle: I get it.

The trio get into the jeep and make their way to the South two gate.

Kyle: You guys, remember the code?

Kyle makes his way to the generator.

Sarah: The code written in blood?

Kyle: Yep.

Kyle starts up the generator and Sarah puts in the code and the gates open.

Sarah: Big question. Where does this take us?

Kyle and Sarah get back into the jeep.

Cassandra: Guess we'll find out.

The trio drive through the gate.

Sarah: Hopefully, Chris found some shelter by now, so we can set up camp. Maybe somewhere high up so we can scope up the area.

Kyle: I like that idea.

Sarah: Okay...let's look for an open building.

Cassandra: Preferably with no infected or Skinners or S.F.O's.

Sarah: Olympians.

Cassandra: Whatever.

Sarah: Are either of you hungry? I still have some jerky, if you're hungry.

Kyle: Eh...

Cassandra: Not really.

Sarah: You guys should eat something. Oh, God...

Kyle: What?

Sarah: I sounded like my mom just now.

Suddenly, as Kyle drives the jeep through a barbed wired area, it explodes and the trio is launched from the jeep. Kyle lands on his front while Sarah lands on her side and Cassandra lands on her back then rolls off somewhere.

Kyle: Cassandra!

Kyle groans in pain, his ears ringing, just as he hears muffled voices behind them.

Olympian Soldier: Get the other girl! Don't lose her! Go!

Three Olympian Soldiers go after Cassandra. Kyle tries his best to get up just in time to see an Olympian Soldier kick Sarah unconscious. Kyle starts to crawl to towards his gun as he starts to sit up, but then the Olympian Soldier comes up towards him. Kyle tries to fight the soldier, but he takes the butt of the gun and hits Kyle in the temple, knocking him out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 66 34
Rayna has been physically, mentally, and verbally abused for years by the very people that should have kept her safe. What happened next sends Rayna...
The Strays By C.I Finch

Science Fiction

3 1 29
A decade has passed since a pandemic decimated the global adult population. Everyone over the age of 25 is dead, leaving a world full of kids and no...
1K 70 38
A former soldier with no memory awakens twenty years into a post apocalyptic wasteland, controlled by the company responsible for the apocalyse, terr...
249 11 65
Kidnapped at a young age, malena finds her way back to her father. Been through so much, malena continues to fight for her life. What will happen whe...