Chase Across the World [Hunte...

By SkylerEthens

Kana was only two when she was abandoned by her parents. Ging Freecss was traveling when he found her. He saw... More

Information
Chapter 1: A X New X Adventure
Chapter 2: Long X Time X No X See
Chapter 3: The X Joker
Chapter 4: Hunted X Or X Hunting
Chapter 6: The X Confusion X and X The X Sorrow
Chapter 7: Where X Are X You
Chapter 8: Old X Friends X Found X Again
Special Chapter: The X Dreamer
Chapter 9: First X For X Everything
Chapter 10: Lost X Memories
Chapter 11: Let's X Play
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 12: Cheers to a New Adventure

Chapter 5: The X Grim X Reaper

272 14 0
By SkylerEthens

[Authors Note]
I have had writers block so it took me a while to write this chapter.
----------
-Kana POV-
I walked out of Alluka's room and looked back to seem him smiling.

"Goodbye onee-chan!" He said.

"Mata ne," I said sadly, as the large metal door closed.

"Congratulations Kana, you have passed the final exam," Silva said.

I didn't respond; how could I? Silva treats his own child as a monster who deserves to be locked up.

Silva led me down several hallways and handed me a bag with some spare clothes in it. I changed into a light red button up shirt, and white jeans.

We continued to walk through the house and Silva led me to a room with a large door. He sat down on the couch and motioned me to sit by him.

We sat in silence for several minutes before I spoke up, "you know Alluka isn't a monster like you think he is."

Silva stared at me like I was crazy, "Alluka is a monster who has only killed," he said.

"You're wrong," I said.

"Don't tell me how to feel about that thing," Silva said.

Tears began to flow down my cheeks. "Monster? Thing? He's your son!" I thought to myself.

I was about to leave when the door opened and Killua walked in. He saw the tears streaming down my face.

"K-Kana?!" He yelled.

My hair covered my face.

"Darkness."

"Anger."

"Lightless Flame."

Dark flames surrounded my entire body. My aura spiked flowing around me. Killua and Silva froze, and I walked out of the room.

"He isn't the monster.. you are," I said to Silva.
--------

-Killua POV-
I left the dungeon with Zeno, who said my father wanted to see me.

I opened the large door that led to my father's room. When I walked in, I saw Kana crying.

"K-Kana?!" I yelled, confused to see her at my house.

Suddenly black flames surrounded Kana, and I froze. The black flames were not burning her. Then I realized the bloodlust at Zevil Island belonged to her. She walked past me; then she turned around to look at my father.

"He isn't the monster... You are," she said leaving the room.

I stayed there in silence before my father spoke.

"Kana has been here for the past week finishing her own final exam." My father said. "For her final exam, she was tasked to stay with the monster behind the metal doors."

"Kana... Met... Alluka?" I thought to myself.

"She fulfilled all three of Alluka's requests, and she was able to get a wish," he continued. "She wished for that thing's happiness."

"She survived Alluka's requests.." I thought as I looked at my father.

"Father why are you telling me this?" I asked.

"Keep her as a friend," My father said. "Never betray your friends."

My eyes widened with shock as my dad said those words. I nodded and ran into the halls to find Kana.

Her menacing presence disappeared. I finally found her on a couch talking with Gotoh, one of my butlers.

"Kana there you are," I said.

"Killua.." She said.

"Do you know how worried everyone was when we didn't find you at the boat when all six days were up?" I said.

She stood up and hugged me. "W-what are you doing?" I asked blushing slightly at the sudden action.

"I was worried about you guys too," she said.

"Killua-sama, Kana-sama three of your friends have come to the estate. We will come get you when they arrive," Gotoh said leaving the room.

Kana let go of me and laid on the couch. "Kil did everyone pass the exam?" She asked.

"No, I failed the exam. Everyone else passed," I said.

"What happened?" She asked.

"During the final phase I killed someone," I said.

"So that's what happened," she said.

Kana sat up and smiled at me, "then you'll have to do even better next year!" She yelled.

"Yeah," I said.

"Ne, Killua what are we going to do now?" Kana asked.

"I have no idea," I said.

Several hours passed while we were waiting for Gotoh to inform us when Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio arrived.

"What's taking them so long?" I said opening the door.

"Killua?" I heard Gon's voice.

"Gon?" I said as I looked at my three friends.

Kana walked in behind me. "Oh hey guys," she said.

"Kana?!" Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio yelled.

"You guys sure took forever to get here," she said laughing.

"Where did you go during the fourth phase?" Kurapika asked.

"I was brought here for my final phase," Kana said in a sadden tone and, she pulled out her Hunter's license.

"Nani? How'd you become a Hunter for coming here!" Leorio shouted.

"Secret,~" she said sticking her tongue out.

"Sugoi," Gon said.

"Well what are we still doing here let's go," Kana said smiling.

As we were leaving, Gon was talking to Gotoh.

We walked to the train station we all stood in a circle.

"I guess it's time to part ways," Leorio said. "I'm going to medical school."

"I'm taking a job for blacklist hunters to find my brethren's eyes," Kurapika said. "Hisoka said he'd be in YorkNew on September 1st, which is six months away.

"I'm going to punch Hisoka in the face and return his number tag to him," Gon said.

"What about you two?" Kurapika asked.

"I'm going to go with Gon," I said.

"What about you Kana?" Kurapika asked.

"I'm going to be traveling around, and take care of a few things," Kana said with a smile.

"See you guys in YorkNew," Leorio said walking away.

Kana and Kurapika headed off in different directions soon after Leorio.

"Now Killua let's have some fun before we meet in YorkNew!" Gon said.

"Baka you can't punch Hisoka in the shape you are in. We are going to Heavens Arena to train." I said.

Gon and I began our new adventure towards Heavens Arena.
--------

-Third Person POV-
Killua explained to Gon how powerful Hisoka and Hanzo are compared to him.

They walked to Heavens Arena and waited in the line to sign up along with other applicants.

"We are here to sign up for the arena," Killua said.

The woman at the counter handed them a piece of paper for them to sign.

"Ok here are your numbers, once you are called head to the ring where your match will be held." She said with a smile.

Killua and Gon sat down in the waiting room. "Gon you opened a testing gate right, so use that to your advantage," Killua said.

While they were waiting the older men in the room were glaring at them.

It was finally Gon's turn and he was up against a guy twice the size of him.

"Once this fight is over the winner will receive a ticket, for the floor they can advance to," the referee explained.

"Is this some sort of joke? Kid this isn't a game," The man said. "Don't hate me when I kill you."

The man lunged at Gon, so he dodged and hit him. The man went flying out of the ring.

"Winner Gon, please head to floor 50," the referee said.

When it was Killua's turn to fight he won instantly by chopping his opponent on the neck. He declined going to the 180th floor, so he could stick with Gon.

While heading to the 50th floor, Gon and Killua met a kid named Zushi.

"You guys were amazing in your fights," Zushi exclaimed.

"You were too," Gon said with a smile.

"What dojo did you guys train at?" Zushi asked curiously.

"We didn't train at any dojo's," Killua said.

Zushi's mouth dropped. "You two really are amazing."

The elevator doors opened and Zushi introduced us to his sensei, Wing.

"Nice to meet you Wing-San, I'm Gon and this is Killua," Gon said with a smile.

When they went to collect their prize money and sign up for another match, they heard people talking behind them.

"Did you hear about the Grim Reaper? She returned to Heavens Arena a few days ago," One of the men said.

"Yeah I heard she is even stronger than before," another one said.

"Almost everyone is terrified of her on the 200th floor," a man said.

"If she wins her next match she can challenge a floor master," another man said.

"Did you hear that Gon, we should be mindful of who we run into," Killua said.

Gon won against his opponent easily, but Killua was against Zushi. Killua was stronger than him, but he would get back up.

He was about to use Ren, which is a form of nen, when Wing yelled at him.

Killua won the match and they proceeded to the 100th floor. They collected their prize money and room keys.

[Time Skip]

Gon and Killua are finally advancing to the 200th floor.

While they were walking through the hallway they needed to go through to sign up, a deadly aura stopped them in their tracks.

"Hisoka," Killua said.

"Oh you two finally made it here," Hisoka said with a card in his hand. "But you two can't come here yet, you aren't ready."

Killua and Gon forced themselves to take a step.
--------

-Killua POV-
"Why can't I take a step?" I wondered.

"Stop if you two try and make it through this hall you will die," Wing said walking over to us.

"Hisoka why did you call me?" I heard a familiar voice say.

"Just a few people I wanted you to see, Grim Reaper,~" Hisoka said.

The Grim Reaper walked into sight.

"Kana?" Gon said.

"Long time no see," she said with a smile.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Training," she said.

Kana walked through the hall and over to us.

"Go with Wing he will teach you about nen," Kana said hugging us.

"Kana will you come with us?" Gon asked.

"Sorry I have a match tomorrow, you can come watch if you'd like," she said walking back over to Hisoka.

He threw a card at her, and she caught it with ease. Kana threw the card back at him with such force it went through the wall, next to Hisoka's face.

"You're pushing your luck Joker. Be prepared for tomorrow," she said walking off.

"You have until midnight to learn nen," Hisoka stated.

Gon and I left with Wing. When we arrived at Wing's apartment, he began to write about the basics of nen.

"Normally it would take tons of meditation to open your aura nodes, but there is another method that can open them instantly. Some people experience excruciating pain and some die," Wing explained focusing his aura in his hands.

He placed his hands on Gon's and my back. Pain spread through my body as my aura nodes opened.

"Your aura nodes have been opened. If you let too much escape you will suffer from exhaustion. Focus your aura to flow around you," Wing explained.

Wing explained us about nen and let us go back to the 200th floor to pass Hisoka.

"Welcome back,~" Hisoka said licking his lips.

We walked through the hallway with no trouble and signed up.

Hisoka left and we were confronted by three men, named Gido, Sadaso, and Riehlvelt.

"What day are you signing up for?" Gido asked Gon.

Gon ended up being matched up with Gido, even though Wing told them to avoid fighting.

Gon went to his room which was down the hallway from me.

When I arrived in my room I heard yelling from next door.

"Hisoka what the hell are you doing in my room? Get out!" It was Kana's voice.

I was about to knock on her door when the door opened and Hisoka was sent flying out of the room.

I looked inside and saw Kana slamming the bathroom door shut.

I went back into my own room and went to sleep.

In the morning there was a knock on my door.

I opened it to see Kana standing outside. She was wearing a dark gray crop top with the word death written on it, black leggings, and her black combat boots.

"Well here's two tickets to my match," she said.

I looked at the time and it was 4:30am.

"See ya later,~" she said walking down the hall.

I walked over to Gon's room and woke him up.

"Killua it's so early," he said.

"Yeah, but Kana's match is starting soon," I said handing him a ticket.

"My match is this evening so let's go," Gon said.

We walked into the arena to see that it was completely different from the floors below.

"Today's match will be the Grim Reaper vs. Hisoka," the commentator stated.

Kana walked into the arena holding her scythe. I noticed that her hands were left with scars. On the other side of the arena Hisoka walked in.

"This will be a battle between the two most feared people in Heavens Arena," the commenter exclaimed.

The referee who would normally be standing on the arena platform, was standing in a cage to protect himself.

"Is Kana that scary?" Gon mumbled.

"3..."

"2..."

"1..."

"BEGIN!"

The second the match started Kana had vanished.

"What's this the Grim Reaper has disappeared?" The commenter said confused.

Suddenly Kana was standing right behind Hisoka.

Before he had time to react, Kana sent Hisoka flying to the other side of the ring.

"Clean hit! One point to the Grim Reaper!" The referee said shaking.

"That was a nice warm up," Kana said. "Should I actually try?"

Hisoka wore the creepiest grin on his face.

Everyone stayed silent waiting in anticipation for someone to make a move.

Kana's aura suddenly appeared cracking the ground of the arena. People in the stands froze and some fainted.

I couldn't move, Kana's aura was much scarier than anything I had seen before.

Both Hisoka and Kana became blurs as they ran. In a matter of a few seconds the match was over. Smoke covered the entire arena making it impossible to see who was left standing.

Once it cleared the arena's platform was completely in ruins and Hisoka was at the bottom of a crater that Kana had created. Kana was sitting on top of a pile of wreckage.

"I warned you during the exam; if I wanted to kill you, you'd already be dead," she said sighing.

"The w-winner is the Grim Reaper," the referee said terrified for his life.

Kana picked Hisoka up and carried him out of the arena.

"The match was so short and intense I didn't get to commentate, but for the first time the Grim Reaper didn't kill her opponent," the commentator said.

Gon and I were sitting in silence.

"She's on an entirely different level than us," I thought as I watched her leave.

Gon and I left the arena and went to Gon's room.

"Kana is so amazing," Gon said with admiration.

"No kidding, it took her a few seconds to end the match with Hisoka. She must of had intense training," I said.

After a few hours Gon and I walked to her room.

We knocked on the door but there was no response.

The door was unlocked so we opened it. Hisoka was laying on Kana's bed with bandages around his chest.

"What's Hisoka doing in here?!" I yelled looking at the shirtless clown.

I heard the shower water turn off and Kana walked out with only a long t-shirt on.

"K-Kana?" I said blushing.

"Oh you two are here, need anything?" She asked like nothing was happening.

"Why is Hisoka in here?" Gon asked avoiding looking at Kana.

"I broke some of his ribs, so I wrapped his chest in bandages," she said.

"We just came here to tell you that you were amazing during your match," Gon said.

"Thanks," Kana said with a smile on her face.

We left Kana's room and prepared for Gon to fight Gido.
--------

-Kana POV-
(Short POV)
I sighed as Gon and Killua left the room.

"How am I going to leave those two?" I mumbled to myself.

Hisoka opened his eyes and stuggled to sit up.

"What are you doing, don't move," I growled at Hisoka.

"You mean how are you going to tell them that you found out who your parents are?" He said.

"I don't need you to correct me, Hisoka," I said.
---------
[Authors Note]
Who are Kana's parents and why can't she tell Killua and Gon? Find out later in the story. Thanks for reading. I'll try to update when possible.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 188 33
Your Gon's 'Little sister' you sneak onto the boat to the hunter Exam so that you could be with him, and things take off from there. You meet Killua...
3.9K 71 46
- Sequel to Deep Love for You and Adventure! Please read that first before starting this book to avoid spoiling yourself for the first book - The two...
71.9K 2.4K 47
This story takes place one year after Gon and Killua parted ways. Though they both missed each other, neither had the nerve to reach out. Both assume...
56.8K 1K 53
(Under editing) In which the first born daughter of the Isamu family, Y/n Isamu, leaves Heavens Arena to discover what she's missing. She is forced...