N. Chuuya X Fem! Reader: The...

By idykgxhkxld

Formerly powerful executive of the port mafia L/N Y/N decided to take the plunge to roam in new territory. Ri... More

Character Information
Prologue
1 - Looking the Gift Tiger in the Mouth
1.50 - The Untold Origins of the Detective Agency
1.52 - The Untold Origins of the Detective Agency
1.54 - The Untold Origins of the Detective Agency
1.56 - The Untold Origins of the Detective Agency
1.58 - The Untold Origins of the Detective Agency
2 - The Untold Origins of the Detective Agency
3 - Yokohama Gangster Paradise (Part 1)
4 - Yokohama Gangster Paradise (Part 2)
5 - The Fatalist's Sorrow
6 - Murder on D Street
7 - Kill a Man and Die Thee Too
8 - Detective Boys
9 - Beauty, Hushed Like a Statue
10 - Constantly Pushed Back to the Past
10.1 - The Dark Era
10.2 - The Dark Era
10.3 - The Dark Era
10.4 - The Dark Era
10.5 - The Dark Era
10.6 - The Dark Era
10.7 - The Dark Era
10.8 - The Dark Era
10.9 - The Dark Era
11 - The Strategy of Conflict
12 - Even If My Head Be Mistaken
13 - The Silent Tower and the Raven's Feast
14 - Daikokuten
15 - The Last Tycoon
15.1 - Dazai, Chuuya, Age Fifteen
15.2 - Dazai, Chuuya, Age Fifteen
15.3 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen
15.4 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen
15.5 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen
15.6 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen
15.7 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen
15.8 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen
15.9 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen
16 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen
16.1 - Stormbringer
16.2 - Stormbringer
16.3 - Stormbringer
16.4 - Stormbringer
16.5 - Stormbringer
16.6 - Stormbringer
16.7 - Stormbringer
16.8 - Stormbringer
16.9 - Stormbringer
17 - Stormbringer
17.1 - Dead Apple
17.2 - Dead Apple
17.3 - Dead Apple
17.4 - Dead Apple
17.5 - Dead Apple
18 - Slap the Stick
20 - Mutual Destruction (Part 1)
21 - Mutual Destruction (Part 2)
22 - Mutual Destruction (Part 3)
23 - Echo
24 - Sunday Tragedy (Part 1)
25 - Sunday Tragedy (Part 2)
26 - Saudade
27 - Dreaming of Butterflies
28 - Promises

19 - Masked Assassin

105 3 1
By idykgxhkxld

"Man, work's getting busier than I would've ever expected," you sighed, running your fingers through your hair.

"That's why we simply shouldn't work!" Dazai beamed.

"Speak for yourself, I don't want to deal with an annoyed Kunikida," you laughed, sliding into your seat.

"L/N-San, please have these finished by 12:02:34, so that we can have lunch and continue working in accordance to our schedule," Kunikida nodded, setting a pile of papers on your desk.

"Kunikida-kun, I put in my three days' notice beforehand!" You protested. "I'm out for most of the morning!"

"Yes, I see," Kunikida realised. "Then Tanizaki, you finish this!"

"My, your schedule's more packed today than ever," Dazai awed, leaning over Kunikida's shoulder to see.

"Even so, I swear upon my soul that I will fully execute this perfect schedule!" Kunikida declared, snapping his notebook shut.

"Oh, Kunikida! Come grocery shopping with me and L/N!" Yosano called.

"My apologies, ask someone else."

"An informant tipped us off about a bomber," Tanizaki began, reading through his new files. "He plans to give an explosive satchel to a passerby, then set it off in the middle of-"

"I'll address it later."

"Kunikida, I'm out of sna-" Ranpo complained.

"There are more in the kitchen shelves, and L/N and Yosano-Sensei can get you some."

Just before he left the office, Kunikida turned around, this time addressing Dazai.

"Don't you dare mess with my schedule today!"

"Of course!" Dazai beamed. "By my very life!"

"I won't trust the promises of a suicidal man you bandage-wasting-device!" Kunikida snapped. "Ah, eighteen seconds behind."

With that, Kunikida rushed out, muttering about his delays on his schedule.

"Yosano-San, shall we head out?" You hummed, grabbing a bag.

"We should definitely stop by the clothing store on our way!" Yosano grinned, grabbing your wrist and dragging you along.

The walk to the shopping center was less than five minutes, and one the two of you often indulged in. Due to the overall lack of female coworkers at the Agency, your options on shopping trips was to either drag Dazai along and have him complain for hours on end, or it was to go alone. Yosano had the same problem, which led to the two of you planning trips together, and doing the weekly grocery shopping together as well. 

"This skirt would look adorable with your peplum top," Yosano hummed, picking up a long A-line skirt. "Goes with your overall style as well, don't you think?"

"Right, but fighting with a long skirt is a pain," you reminded. "Not that I haven't done it before, but I just wouldn't choose to do it on a daily basis."

"That's fair I suppose," she nodded. 

The two of you had been in the area for a little less than half an hour, simply looking at the clothes and trying some on without bothering to buy them. 

"Look at these heels," you awed, picking up a pair of black stilletos to show to your friend. "Now these would suit you, for sure."

However, before she could respond, a familiar noise was heard throughout the entire area. You could feel a surplus of light as well, having sensed it coming from the direction of the station.

"Kunikida," Yosano realised.

The two of you immediately rushed to the direction where you heard the stun grenade from, where you saw the situation. Kunikida had someone detained, who'd already set of the detonation sequence for a set of bombs - likely the ones tied around the small, redheaded girl's neck. The bombs exploded within seconds, and Kunikida shielded the girl with his body. Realising his plan, you manipulated the light emmitted by it to seem even more deadly, while Yosano rushed in to heal the duo. Once the smoke and light from the bomb had dissipated, Kunikida and the girl stood unscathed, shocking the bomber to hell and back.

"Not a single wound?" He sputtered. "That can't be!"

"You should have done more research," Kunikida scoffed. "In the Agency... 'critical condition' is the same as bearing no injuries."

"I thought I heard a familiar stun grenade, so we immediately rushed over to check," Yosano sighed. 

"I knew Yosano-Sensei and L/N-San would be shopping near the train station at this time," Kunikida announced. "I had it written in my notebook."

"So that Flashbang... it was to alert your friends?" The bomber gaped.

"Are you serious?" The child glared. "If she wasn't in time, what were you going to do then?"

"I told you, did I not?" Kunikida smiled. "I won't let anyone die before my eyes."

It wasn't long before the police and the paramedics had the place surrounded, apprehending the bomber. Since Kunikida was busy dealing with the child, you signed off any documents the police needed, before putting down Kunikida's contact information in case they needed more first-hand information.

With that, the two of you continued your shopping trip, picking out a few casual dresses for each other and getting them. By the time you'd returned to the Agency, a new case had arrived, which you handled immediately.

The rest of that week was reasonably slow, until Poe from the Guild randomly visited.

"Is Ranpo-kun here?" He asked.

"Hey, Poe-kun, is that you?" Ranpo beamed, waving at him.

The two immediately began talking, something about a new detective novel. You tuned out their entire conversation, still working on the report from your case earlier that week. Ever since the war against the Guild, the Agency had been getting requests left and right, with requests for specific detectives increasing in frequency. Thankfully, you weren't as sought out after as Atsushi was, since you barely fought on the field. 

You hoped things would stay like this, no war in sight, just peaceful detective work. But alas, if things were normal for more than twenty-four hours with the detective agency, the devil's FOMO would only be heightened. The next lovely crisis to fall onto your lap, was one that struck at night.

"What the fuck do you mean the president's been attacked?" You sputtered, barging into the office.

2 AM.

The only ones present were Yosano, Ranpo, Kunikida and you.

"I mean what I said," Kunikida sighed. "He notified us at the last second with the emergency feature, so the three of us got to him just before he passed out."

"I've tried healing him, but he's not waking up at all," Yosano groaned. "Whatever it is, it was designed with my ability in mind, I'm sure of it."

"Wait, I'll be right back," you informed, grabbing a slip of paper with some of the information. "I'll drag Osamu here, he'll know something of this, I'm sure."

Yosano and Kunikida glanced at each other, before nodding. It wasn't long before you came back, a whining Dazai in tow as you explained the entire situation to him.

"Let's not wake the younger ones yet," Kunikida decided. 

"We should still give them an alert, so that they have an idea of what is going on when they clock in," you reminded, already taking out your phone to text the information into the Agency's groupchat.

"If not even Yosano-Sensei can heal it, the disease in question is an ability," Dazai hummed. "Shall I look into it, then?"

Kunikida nodded, and sent the two of you to your respective desks, mostly so that you could keep Dazai in check.

"Y/N, you know of the Book, right?" Dazai asked, his voice barely a hoarse whisper as he leaned over his desk.

"That's why the Guild attacked," you whispered back. "Something about the Book having a connection to Atsushi. Do you think the attacker's after that too?"

"It's only a guess, I'll go to the site of the attack tomorrow."

"Who do you think is responsible for it then, if they are after the Book?"

"Have you heard of 'The Conjurer', N/N-chan?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

360K 16.5K 29
COMPLETED. ❦ ambivalent; having mixed feelings or contradictory ideas about something or someone. ❦ Because all is fair in love and war ❦ (Dazai X Re...
36.7K 893 6
In Yokohama, everyone in the armed detective agency is trying to live normally even when the Port Mafia is after Atsushi. But when a girl from Dazai'...
11.2K 515 21
All they had in the world was one another. For a while, anyways. For a little bit. Time threw Y/n and Chuuya to opposite ends of the spectrum. One:...
92.7K 2.6K 16
After stumbling into Yokohama and causing trouble for the infamous Port Mafia, you soon come face to face with one of its executives, Nakahara Chuuya...