High Bridge | BXB

By ICYG4LORE

Kendall and Nehemiah had everything perfect when it comes to how they planned on living the rest of their liv... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

376 21 20
By ICYG4LORE

Kendall

"You got everything or you need me to do something before you leave?" Marquis asked from over my shoulder.

"No, I'm good. My parents are taking care of everything."

"Aight," he moved himself to his bed as he waited for me finish getting ready in the bathroom. I was in the process of doing my morning skincare and once I finished that then I'd be ready to leave.

While I waited for my serum to dry up some, I looked over at Marquis through the open door. He was too busy looking at his phone to notice me.

I hadn't been spending that much time with him recently but it wasn't because of me. It was him who had been distancing himself from me. He says it's because of work, but I know that work isn't the prime reason.

I think there's been a shift in his mental state. He's not as angry anymore, instead that emotion has been replaced with some sort of sadness. He's been quiet and to himself and it's to the point where he doesn't even speak to me all that much anymore.

The only time I hear from him is when he calls to have me over or wants to go out. And then when we're together his social battery is low and I try hard to engage him in conversation.

However, my efforts end up being pointless because all his replies are dry and short.

I don't want to complain because it's nice not getting hit or yelled at for something so small. But you know at some point it becomes draining for me as well.

I know I shouldn't exert so much energy on him because this relationship will be over soon, but I can't just give up on him abruptly. I gotta pretend like I put in some effort to save us.

However, with Marquis being so distant it's speeding up the process of me ending things and giving me a reasonable reason to do so. And I have the evidence to back me up on my reasons.

Just because we're physically with one another doesn't necessarily mean we're spending quality time together. We literally just sit there and barely say anything to one another.

Other times it's me entertaining myself while he's too busy working on his computer or trying to listen to the quiet phone calls he has in his room.

So yeah, he's making this easier than I thought it would be.

Well, at least that's what it seems. We all are aware that all it takes is the flip of the wrong switch for something bad to happen.

"So what made your parents randomly want to go on this vacation anyway?" he asked when I finally left the bathroom.

"My parents just wanted us to do something as a family. My auntie is flying out and my cousins and their families are coming. It's going to be like a small family getaway." I leaned against the bathroom door as I responded to him. He wasn't on his phone anymore, but his eyes still weren't on me.

"I wish I could come. I've been so busy with work it's almost made me regret accepting the new position."

"But that's what we expected right? Higher position requires more responsibility."

"Yeah, but ion like it. I don't want to be one of those people whose work consumes them so much that they don't have time for their family."

"Maybe you just need more time to adjust. You love the job, just not the sacrifices which makes sense."

"I don't know man. I'm just so tired." He sighed, laying back on his bed.

I didn't know what to say or how to make him feel better because honestly every time I tried to console him he would still feel the same anyway so I didn't waste my breath.

"You'll figure it out."

"I know I will. I'm just trying to manage everything while making sure my mental is good. Maybe we should go on our own vacation. We can go to the Bahamas for a week or something."

"Maybe."

I'll need a way to get out of that.

"Baby you mind bringing my laptop in here? I need to check my email before I leave."

"Yeah, I don't mind."

"You can just set it on the bed. I'm about to use the bathroom real quick." 

"Okay." I left his room to do what he asked. I already knew where his laptop was because he kept it on the kitchen island. It's been his favorite spot when he worked from home. I actually felt kinda bad for how much he worked, but can't feel too bad if he signed up for it.

Just like I knew it was I found his laptop on the island. Usually, I would just shut it and take it to the room, however, my eyes locked in on the screen today.

He had a text thread from an unknown number open up. He clearly forgot to lock his laptop back.

I didn't want to snoop or be that person, but the messages were just so odd. The text was in green and the only thing they communicated by sending different locations around the city and what time they'd meet.

The last message was sent this morning and it read...

What time does he leave? I was thinking we could chill at your place since he'll be gone.

I knew he was me and I already had it figured out what was going on here. Was I going to bring it up now?

No, because I wanted to enjoy my vacation and I really didn't care all that much. He was just making my process of leaving him easier.

"What's taking so long?"

Hearing his voice made me jump and slam his computer shut. I don't think he noticed that I was snooping, but he could tell I was up to something.

"My bad, I grabbed myself a few Oreos. I was just about to bring it in the room." I tried to play chill by smiling, yet I knew he was on to me.

"Ummm okay," he said skeptical of me. "If you want you can start heading down to the car. The keys are by the door, I'll be down in a minute."

I wanted to ask why, but I had been on his good side for a while so I minded my business and did what he said to keep it that way.

One thing I hated about his building was how far the walk seemed to the parking garage. The walk was probably on five minutes, but there were just so many doors that I had to go through that made the walk seem like a hassle.

The one good thing about it though was that once I made it to the garage it was only about 20 more steps that I had to take before I got to Marquis's car.

Once I was inside, I got myself comfortable in the passenger seat while I waited for him to join me.

After a couple of minutes, Marquis joined me in the car. He looked a little stressed out and tense so I reached out to rub his shoulder. "Everything good?"

"Yeah, just had a work call."

Which is what I figured he'd say.

I didn't try to start any conversations with him on the way home like I'd usually do. I didn't deem it worth it. After what I just found on his computer was my indicator to not even try anymore.

I'll figure everything out with him once I get back from my vacation. I didn't want to think about him or my situation with him while I was away. I was going to block him out of my mind for the weekend and enjoy this vacation with my friends.

If you hadn't figured it out yet, I was not going on vacation with my parents. Now my cousins would be there, but in place of my family would be my friends.

Miah's friend Brayden invited all of us to his family's vacation house. I thought it was a little strange since he didn't really know us, but Nehemiah said he was just nice like that.

I was also hesitant because I was told it was kinda in the middle of nowhere. Well, not really. It was on a plot of land surrounded by trees so it made it seem like it was in the middle of nowhere.

"It's completely safe I saw pictures." Is what Nehemiah said.

Clearly, he hadn't seen every scary movie to exist that's setting was in the woods.

All imma say is, if something goes down I am not being the first black person to die.

When we pulled up to my house he kissed me goodbye and sped off before I even made it to the door. I just shook my head and proceeded into the house. I could hear both of my parents in the kitchen so that's where I headed.

"Hey mama, dad." They greeted me back as they focused on preparing the sandwiches I hadn't even realized they were making. "Who are those for?"

"Your dad and I are making you guys sandwiches for the road."

"Why, it's only a two-hour drive and I'm sure we're gonna stop and get snacks anyway. We aren't four you guys didn't have to do that."

"Well, we wanted to so be quiet. And you better send me your location when you get there. You're grown but you know you still have to tell us where you go."

"Don't worry I already know the drill." I held my hands up before she started trying to give me a lecture. "You don't have to remind me every time."

"I do, because one day you will forget and then you going to need me or your dad to come and rescue you."

"Okay mama, don't be so dramatic." I took one of the already made sandwiches and sat on one of the stools at our island.

Can't lie, they put their feet in these sandwiches. Or maybe I'm just hungry.

"Justice is awake by the way."

My face scrunched up, "You guys left him upstairs by himself?"

"Oh don't be ridiculous, Kendall." My mom said in a tone that made what I said sound absurd.

"Well what else am I supposed to think?"

"Not that! He's upstairs with his dad."

Oh.

"Nehemiah's here too?"

"Mhm, you guys doing better?" My dad asked. He usually wasn't the one to ask me about us. I would just tell my mom or she'd figure it out and then tell my dad about it.

"Umm, a little bit." I frowned, "We're still not talking that much, but we're getting there."

"As long as you guys figure it out."

"Yeah."

I hate that I've become such a liar.

Ever since that night, everything with Nehemiah has been perfect. So perfect that if we don't slow down we'll get caught.

We agreed to take things slow and let everything fall into place naturally. If we rushed things, then our outcome wouldn't be good. We have an emotional talk every night to make sure we're on the same page and that we keep that steady flow.

I just wanted us to work out and be what we used to be and taking our time was the only way we'd make it to that point.

"I'm gonna go check on them," I announced, heading for the stairs. The more I ascended them the louder the sounds of their screaming and laughter got. I couldn't help the smile from forming from the noise.

"What you doing here?" 

The boys were sitting on the floor playing with Jay's toys. The room was a complete mess and from the looks of it, I was convinced that they'd probably taken out every toy that he had.

I wanted to fuss because I had just deep-cleaned his room yesterday, but I stopped myself because I knew it wouldn't be the first time a mess has happened right after I cleaned up.

Plus who could be upset after hearing a giggle as special as his?

"Pa!"

Justice threw his toys down as he ran over to me. His arms were already up for me to pick him up so I didn't waste any time showing my excitement to see him as much as he showed me.

"Daddy got me new toy!" He shouted so loudly it made my ear ring.

"Really," I asked placing him back down on the floor. He was already in search of the new show to show me before I asked, "Did he buy it today?"

"Mhm, sure did. Hey, baby." Hadn't even noticed how close Nehemiah had gotten to me. I let his arms go around my waist so that he could hug me.

A hug was nice.

A hug was safe.

However, getting a kiss from him was not.

"Ay." I dodged him by leaning back. "What are you doing?"

"No, what are you doing?" He questioned me now, attempting to kiss me again.

"Stop it!"

"You just gave that nigga some head or sum?"

"Eww, what" I stepped away from him crossing my arms over my chest and a look of disgust on my face. "Why would you ask me that?"

"Well you ain't kissing me so if you gave him so head then I ain't kissing you til you brush your teeth."

"I'm not kissing you right now because our friends are on the way and my door is wide open. And not to mention Jay is right there. We shouldn't confuse him."

"I mean, is he really gonna understand what's happening?" He questioned rhetorically.

"That's not my point. I just don't think we should be doing anything with him around."

"I can fix that. Jay we'll be right back."

My body was picked up and tossed over his shoulder. I covered up my laugh with my hand as he carried me over to my room. "All of this for a kiss?"

I swear he can't keep his hands off of me. Every chance that he had he was pouncing on me.

"You're worth it."

As soon as I was placed down my back was met with the wall.

We held onto each other as we made out. It wasn't anything rushed or overly sexual. It was nice and slow and I could tell he just wanted a moment to hold me.

I could give him that.

His lips were warm and soft as he guided me through it. I tried my best to not fully focus on what we were doing because we still had to listen out for Jay across the hall and for anyone who could possibly walk up the stairs.

But it was so easy to get lost in him that all the concerns I had were hard to think about.

I moaned when he slipped his tongue in. I felt his hands squeeze my waist in return telling me that he liked hearing it.

The way he kissed me always made me feel like it'd be our last time. The adrenaline that always rushed through my body brought me a euphoric feeling. I wish I could be as gentle to him as he was to me.

When he showed me his affection I always felt like it was just me and him as corny as it sounds.

I was the only thing that mattered to him and how much he loved me was always so evident. Even something as simple as a kiss like this had me floating on clouds.

Imagine how it'd feel on our wedding day.

Just full of happiness and true love.

When his hands went under my shirt I let out a small gasp due to his cold hands.

"Sorry." he paused to apologize.

"It's okay."

I held onto the back of his head to resume our kiss. From here things got hotter. Our kiss was faster and sloppier and I didn't mind it one bit as long as he kept his hands were they were and nowhere lower.

"Nehemiah!" I giggled. His hands under my shirt began to feel more like a tickle.

I tried to push him off of me, but he was too strong. He knew what he was doing to me and now that he was aware of it he did his best to tickle me every so often.

When he started sucking on my tongue and biting on my lip I had to end it.

"Okay, enough of that." When I finally managed to get him off of me I pushed him back on the bed.

"Ooo, that's the kind of timing you on?" He rubbed his hands together with smug look on his face.

"No, I'm about to make sure my bag is packed."

He frowned, "You're no fun."

"We've talked about this, Nehemiah."

"I know, I know. Everything we do has to be behind closed doors." He said in a bored tone, making a dismissive wave with his hand.

"And you also forgot the part where we weren't supposed to do anything else sexually until we built a solid foundation again and I figured out what I was going to do about Marquis."

"I understand all that. And I do think we should go slow and you handle your situation with...you know who. But is it so bad if I want to just kiss you?"

"Yes because it hasn't been just kissing the last three times this week. We need to slow down and control ourselves, especially you."

"But my birthday coming up. You gotta be nice to me." He whined, trying to use his birthday as an excuse.

"Your birthday is not until a whole nother-"

"It's still coming up."

"Okay, Nehemiah." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't get sassy with me, you know I like that shit. I'll really fuck you up."

"Oh my god, you're so annoying. How about you do something productive like go clean up the mess you and your son just made after I already cleaned it up yesterday instead of trying to get your dick in me."

"If I find a way to put it in there I bet you wouldn't stop me."

"Seriously?!"

I picked up a random shoe from the floor and threw it at him. He was able to reach out and catch it before it hit him, making me annoyed that I failed. But, I still smiled at his witty remark.

"I don't know how you think we finna be in a house together for a weekend and nothing about to happen."

"Nothing going to happen because I have self-control. You clearly need to learn that."

"I have self-control too, I just choose not to fight against it." He pulled me to him by hooking his fingers in my belt loops.

I swear I almost moaned because of it.

It drives me crazy when he did that.

"Can we just agree that we'll behave? All jokes aside we have to stop before someone catches us. I mean if it happens then it happens, but I just want us to have our moments to ourselves right now."

"Your right. I'm sorry for joking around."

"I could care less about your jokes. I actually like them. I'm just saying we have to resist our temptation."

"Yeah, we'll see how long that lasts." He said more to himself than me.

"You and your pp will be okay."

I let him have one last long kiss from me before officially kicking him out of my room. I needed to change and double-check my bag before we left and he needed to clean up Justice's room.

I was serious about him cleaning up. I spent a good two hours getting Justice's room together and I put a lot of sweat into it. I even took a picture.

We didn't see each other again until everyone started to arrive at my house which was the meet-up spot. We were all just going to drive up together since that'd be the easiest for everyone and we'd save gas. The only person who wouldn't come was Brayden since he was already at his family's home preparing for our stay.

I had just finished putting on my Nike shorts when Malik popped his head into my room.

"Malik, why are you here?"

It wasn't uncommon for him to just show up at my house. But that's when we were younger, he hadn't done it in a while.

"I'm going the same place you are." He said with a huge smile on his face.

"Who invited you?"

"Brayden told Nehemiah he could invite anyone he wanted. You think he wouldn't have invited me?"

"Oh great." I responded sarcastically.

"Don't be like that cousin. We gon have a great time."

"Whatever."

I'm not upset that Nehemiah invited him. No, I love my cousin so much and my childhood wouldn't have been as great as it was without him or Milani. It's just the influence he has on Nehemiah could be...worrisome for me.

Some of the things Malik is capable of are things that can send him to jail. I don't know how he hasn't had a visit yet.

I do know, however, that the day he gets Nehemiah in trouble with him is the day I make sure he never gets out.

"I didn't even expect for you to come." He said, messing with the random things I had on my dresser.

"Why you said that?"

"Ain't you and Miah still bickering?"

"No, not anymore."

"So y'all made up?"

"Yeah, something like that."

"Hmm."

I could feel his eyes on me as I moved around the room. I knew he was going to figure it out without me having to say anything. Malik was always good at that.

Figuring me out I mean.

He was more like my big brother than my cousin. He always did his best to look out for me so he always paid close attention to me. He knew all my mannerisms and habits and I hated it because he knew just how to get under my skin and use them against me.

But he was equally there for me when I needed comfort so they balanced each other out.

"So how y'all made up?"

"We just talked like we usually did."

"Just talked and he forgave you?"

I sighed. I was getting tired of the questions. "Yes, Malik. What you wanted him to hate me forever."

"No, but I'm just trying to figure out how much y'all forgave each other."

"Clearly enough for me to be traveling comfortably with him."

"And that's all y'all talked about? Just the stuff that happened with him and Marquis and how you fucked up?"

"Y-yes."

I thought Malik would mention my stutter but he didn't. Instead, he looked at me with his eyes squinted. I don't know what he expects me to say.

That's what happened.

We talked and made up.

"Aight, bro. Just get your shit together and put it in my car. You riding with me."

***

We were just about halfway through the drive before pulling over at a gas station for a stop. Everyone was pretty much in the store except for me. I didn't want anything and I was too comfortable in my seat to have the energy to get out.

My blanket was tucked around my body in the most perfect way and I wouldn't be able to get this comfortable again if I left the car.

Malik joined me in the car first. He only had a bag of chips and a soda in his hands. I assumed he must've not been that hungry.

"Who exactly is this dude's house we going to?" Malik asked as he munched on his chips.

"A friend of Miah's. Apparently, he comes from a family with a lil money so don't break nothing when we get to the house."

"Man shut the fuck up I ain't gon break nothing! You need to worry about your two childish-ass friends."

"The twins have already gotten their talking too already. Being serious we're probably gonna be the only black people around. Although it's sad to say, we need to be careful."

"I hear you cousin, we gon be straight."

I'm dreading the day I have to have that conversation with my son.

He's so precious and innocent and always smiling. I can't imagine him being taken away from me over...yeah.

I don't even want to think about it because I'm already tearing up.

"So do that mean we get to vacation like the Karshashians for the weekend?" Malik asked lightening up the mood he didn't even know was had dimmed.

"Probably as close to vacationing like the Kardashians as we can get."

"And you don't feel a little weird by coming to this dude house we don't know?"

"No, I don't think so. If Nehemiah trusts him then he can't be a bad guy."

"True, true."

Malik was rightfully concerned. We don't do shit like this. Going to strangers homes two hours away from our parents is a little crazy.

I trust Nehemiah though so I'm not that worried.

Soon our friends started filing out of the store right after one another. Malik and I were the only ones riding in his car so really we been waiting on them this whole time.

Everyone started getting back in the designated cars while Nehemiah walked over to Malik's. He made his way to my side of the car prompting me to roll down my window.

"Hey?" I said as more of a question. I wasn't expecting to speak to him for the rest of the day.

"Hey, Malik said you didn't want anything but I saw your favorite Slurpee flavor and couldn't help it. I also got you your favorite sour candy you like to put in it."

"Miah, you really didn't have to do that. Thank you." I took the bag of candy from him and placed both in my lap.

"I wanted to," He grinned at me.

I love this man so fucking much. If he don't drop to his knee and ask me to marry him already. The gesture wasn't much, but it was the thought that counted.

"I'll see y'all at the house." He tapped the roof of the car and walked away from the car with an awkward look on his face. I on the other hand opened my candy and began to mix it in with my Cherry Limeade slurpee.

Yeah, tastes just how I remembered. If I wouldn't risk getting a brain freeze this mess would be gone in five sips.

I turned to Malik who had a sly smile on his face. "What?"

"Y'all fucked didn't you?"

"Nigga what?" I replied playing dumb.

"Don't do that, Kendall. The way you was looking at each other said it all."

"I was just thanking him."

"Thank you so much, Nehemiah! Let's run away on a horse together and live happily ever after." He said in a feminine voice.

"I don't sound like that."

"You don't but that's how you were looking at him. Anyways answer my question."

"Okay fine yeah we did" I confessed, "But technically we've only gone all the way one time."

"Buuuut..." he longed out, egging me to go on.

"But there's been other stuff."

"Y'all make me sick." he gagged, "Just being nasty in my uncle's house like that. I outta snitch on your ass trying to be grown."

"Please don't start being big brother on me. You like Nehemiah so why does it even matter if we're trying to make us work again?"

"You right I love that nigga. And I'm not upset or anything like that. I will say though if you come to me boohooing that the nigga dun knocked you up again then we fighting. I already let it happen once, I ain't letting it happen again."

"How are you going to dictate when we have another baby?"

He smacked his lips, "Pshh, please like you want another one right now."

He was right I didn't and I'm sure Nehemiah didn't either. But getting knocked up wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen to me right now.

"We're being responsible, Leek. You don't have nothing to worry about."

"Bet not."

I just rolled my eyes and sat back in my seat as I continued to sip on my Slurpee my man bought me.

Malik was chill for the rest of the ride. I could tell when we were getting close to the house due to the change of scenery. This was definitely a neighborhood you could only dream of living in.

Hopefully one day I could have a house like these for my family in the future.

When we pulled into the driveway Brayden and two other men were already standing outside of the house.

By the time everyone had gotten out of the car, Malik and I were the last to join the group. Brayden was already giving the run around about the house.

"This nigga look like the type to say refreshments instead of drinks." Malik whispered in my ear.

"Shut up and listen." I whispered back, elbowing him in the side.

"This is my brother Cam and a family friend, Zach who's going to be cooking for us." Brayden explained pointing at each men when he said their names.

"Hold on niggas got a chef? Prepare to be sick of me." Kobe causing the group to laugh.

"And that's totally fine. Zach loves to cook so anytime you want anything he'll do it. And he's used to the late night snacks because of me. He's actually in the middle of making dinner for us so if you guys want to wind down in your rooms you can or get ready to go to the pool which I'll be."

"And there's plenty of rooms so everyone should be comfortable, but a still a few of you have to share. But feel free to choose any room you want."

I wasn't too worried about rushing to pick a room like everyone else. I was fine with wherever I slept. I'd probably end up sleeping in different places anyway.

So while my friends rushed in the house, I gradually made my way inside taking in the summer house.

It was nice and cozy and I knew I'd be able to fully forget about everything back at home and fully on the people I had around me.

***

It was a later now and Tami and I sat in her bed eating Sundaes and watching Hercules.

She had the chef make them for us even though we were very capable of making them ourselves. It made me feel bad because of how easy they were to make and because of how late it was.

It was just after midnight and we had to walk outside to the guest house to ask him to make them for us. He seemed more than happy to do it, but if it were me I'd be pissed to get out of my bed to make two young adults a bowl of ice cream.

But like Brayden mentioned earlier, he was used to it and was already awaiting for someone to come ask for him.

"I feel like we barely talk anymore. I mean we talk, but you haven't given me anything deep lately." Tami said.

I sighed, "True, but there hasn't really been anything worth telling you to me."

"Nothing at all! Like nothing crazy has happened with you and your man?"

For a second I thought she was talking about Nehemiah until I remembered who she was talking about.

"I don't know, he's been working a lot and it's been stressing him out. It's caused him to become distant."

"Distant how?"

"Like not avoiding me but he is at the same time. But like I said, work has had him busy."

"Is that what you really believe?"

"Well yeah. What else am I supposed to think?"

"Is your brain even in there?" She knocked her fist against my forehead like it was a door. And she didn't do it softly.

"Ow."

"Oh shush I didn't even hit you that hard." She placed her bowl of ice cream on the bedside table, "What do niggas be doing when they start getting distant, Kendall?"

"I don't really know."

"He's cheating idiot!"

It never occurred to me that he'd be cheating on me. I think he's too obsessed with me to do that.

"I don't think so."

"Have you seen anything suspicious in his phone?"

"Only today. He got a text from his laptop that said that the person could meet him after I'm gone. I just thought it was a work then because again, that's been keeping him busy."

"You already know what I'm going to say so I'm not even going to waste my breath. Don't be played with, Kendall."

"I'm not."

Definitely not, he got about a good one-two more weeks with me.

The conversation was dropped after that and we continued to eat or ice cream and watch the movie.

Tami ended up passing out halfway through, but I didn't mind. I did get a little bored though so I decided to mess around on my phone.

I didn't realize that Nehemiah had texted me, but his text wasn't from that long ago.

Might as well. Everybody else was asleep and I didn't have to worry about sneaking back into my room. Malik would probably already assume where I would be so nothing to worry about.

"I knew you would come." He said cockily as he smiled at me. I didn't want to give him any satisfaction so I didn't say anything as I closed and locked the door.

He threw the covers back and patted the empty spot next to him. I slid into bed with getting comfortable as I snuggled myself against him.

Once we were situated he was already attacking me with kisses making me not regret coming in here.

"Why you taste so sweet?" He asked licking his lips.

"Had an ice cream sundae."

"You ain't make me one?" He frowned teasingly.

"I should've, my bad." I pecked his lips. "Have you heard from my mom? She didn't call me so I thought maybe you'd talk to her."

"Yeah I called her, Jay's fine. I know that's why you asked."

"Mhm," I inhaled "You smell good."

"Told you I just got out the shower."

"I know, still wanted to say it."

We adjusted once again, him laying on my chest now so that I could play with his ear like he asked.

"Ay don't fall asleep. I ain't carrying you out of here." He whispered to me after I yawned.

"Shh, everything's okay."

***

Guys I halfway read through this so if something is wrong no it ain't 🫠

Thoughts?

Y'all think something gonna pop off on this short vacation? 👀

Spicy scene next chapter 😙.

I plan to have it up by Tuesday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.9K 3.3K 30
Pryce has been through too much and has been down with his people through everything. He's the opposite of selfish but it's time he starts to care fo...
9.5K 215 43
Blythe Juniper is empty. All she knew was pain and not much of a happiness of a since she was born. But when she finally ran away and landed into a g...
23.6K 1.2K 40
Sequel to Choices of L & D... This time around, we're dealing with trades, cheaters, and sex with a little love invading the mix. That mix ain't too...
19.7K 1K 39
Riley Matthews has gone through a lot. From her mother passing away, to her father being an asshole, from her own emotional issues, and to even her b...