The Impossible G-Zero

By thedoctorgonepale

Issac Y. Geraldton was once a young man from a troubled family... Until one day during his job at a tech comp... More

Issue 0: Opening The Impossible Door
Issue 1: G-Zero
Issue 3: Steal The Steel
Issue 4: Gravity Of Haunted Depths
Issue 5: The Boom-Boom Incident
Issue 6: Boys Night
Issue 7: The Kidnapping
Issue 8: G-Zero Vs The Interloper
Issue 9: Exo-Exo Xo
Issue 10: Vigilliance
Issue 11: Vigilliance Vs Velocotross
Issue 12: Magic In Sunrise

Issue 2: A Stretch In Logic

94 4 2
By thedoctorgonepale

In a laboratory, a woman sat next to her subordinate, an older gentleman and scientist who was about to begin an experiment.

(The Great Manipulator: Misty Woodstock)

(Science Major: Tom Santiago)

Misty: Will it work?

Tom: O-Of course! You doubt my genius?!

Misty: Well... You aren't head of development, I assume there was a reason.

Tom: Grrr... That will soon change once you give me stocks of the company.

Misty: IF, it works as intended.

Tom: Hmph!

Tom; It will. Watch.

Elsewhere, in a simple high school, Issac goes through the motions of today's lessons.

His situation was strange. He lived with twin super-genius orphans, and helped them with their experiments, gained superpowers, and is going around playing hero to hunt down an other-worldly being.

Yet, he still went to school.

However, he did this only because of a high school degree would let the twins get him a better job.

(Ring, ring, ring)

With the bell ringing, Issac wasted no time in making his escape. Throwing his bag over his shoulder, Issac ignored the bullies trying to get a reaction out of him, and the others who thought he had a "Badboy persona" thus wanting to hang out with him.

But despite his great power of ignoring, he could not stop someone who had the fantastic ability to not give a damn about personal space.

Taking a large step in Issac's path, a fellow student left half an inch between herself and Issac.

(Chill has Chilly: Emma "Emerald" Azmerelda)

Emma: Yo, Izzy...

Issac: Issac.

Emma: Izzy is my pet name for you.

Issac: I ain't your pet.

Emma: Right, you're the Wonder Twins' pet...

She did not say it as an insult. Emma let out that remark as if correcting herself. That didn't stop Issac from putting the option of "punch" on the table.

Issac:(glares)

Emma:(plays with hair) So anyway...

Emma: I'm like... Having a party on Friday. You should come.

Issac: I have work.

Emma: You could call in sick.

Issac: I don't have that kind of luxury.

He walks around her to continue on his way.

Emma: Well... If you change your mind, the party will be at the Ruby Hotel on the main street.

Issac:(mind) Rich girls and their rich parties... Ugh...

(Later...)

Mandy: You should go!

Issac: Oh no....

Explaining his day to his roommates, Issac was told to do the thing he just didn't want to.

Issac: I'm not interested.

Mandy: Come on! You must go!

Issac: What makes you say that?

Mandy: You're young! You should party while you can!

Issac: Don't give me that crap!

Issac: You might be smarter, but you ain't older.

Mandy:(rubs nose) Fine. We are young. And if given the opportunity. We should party.

Mandy: You gained the opportunity. Thus, you should go.

Issac: That's better...

Mandy: Good. Now is the event black tie or casual?

Issac: Probably casual- HEY!

Issac: I haven't changed my mind, I'm not going.

Mandy:(sniffles)

Mandy: Please go...?

Issac: SCOTT! HELP ME OUT HERE!

Pulling a tray with a steel cup on it, out of the oven, Scott places it on the table and chimes in.

Scott: Mandy. There's a rouge other-worldly individual out there, who if we capture, would allow us to bargain for anything we desire.

Scott: Now, I agree with making Issac a superhero because it's a perfect way to train him.

Scott: But this party? You're clearly trying to live vicariously through him.

Issac: Thank you.

Mandy: Hmph! That claim has no evidence to back it up!

Scott: Uh-huh...

Dipping his hand into the steel cup he pulled from the oven, Scott grabs the device the Interloper punched into the twin's reality frame. It was in perfect condition, not even warm.

Smacking it with a hammer, Scott couldn't even dent it. He wrote down another failure in trying to open it.

Mandy: Issac, go. Please?

Issac: Why don't you go?

Mandy: I wasn't invited.

Issac: Then crash the party.

Mandy:... Maybe I will.

Issac: Huh?

Mandy: I'll be going to that party.

Mandy: And perhaps I'll even get inebriated!

Issac: Huh?

Mandy: It means drunks.

Issac: That's not where my confusion is coming from!

Mandy: You know... I think I'll wear a dress... Something that shows off my developing bosoms.

Issac:.....

With mouth agape, Issac stares perplexed at Mandy.

Mandy: Do you think I should buy condoms or will they be

Issac: Fine, fine! I'll go!

Mandy: Good. I'll be your plus one.

Issac: That wasn't part of the argument!

Mandy:(smirks) It is now.

On Friday, Issac arrived in a simple pair of jeans, a tank top, and a leather jacket. And with much arguing, Mandy arrived in a sundress and a backpack which she insisted on bringing.

At the penthouse of the Ruby Hotel, Emma opened the door to greet the two.

Emma: Oh? Hey, you made it.

Emma: And brought one of the wonder twins...

Mandy: Greetings, Emma. Glad you remember me.

Mandy: Is it from when I was also a student at Holly High or a guest teacher?

Emma: Both.

Issac: I hope you don't mind. But she's the only reason why I'm here.

Emma: Nah, it's cool...

Letting them enter, the two were introduced to what a crowd of unsupervised teenagers looks like.

Mandy:(rubs nose) This is quite the... "rager". What's the occasion?

Emma: It's my sweet sixteen.

Mandy: Your birthday!? Issac, why didn't you tell me?

Issac: I didn't know.

Mandy: I apologize Emma. I didn't bring you a gift.

Emma: I'm not into gifts. Just have fun.

Mandy: That's quite European.

Mandy: Oh! Issac look! They have Chicken nuggets as snacks!

Mandy shoves her backpack into Issac's hands before she scurries to get herself a snack. Issac himself gets himself a place to sit and simply keeps an eye on Mandy.

Issac:(mind) Why did she bring a backpack?

Peeking inside Mandy's backpack, Issac finds the G-Zero suit, which causes him to instantly shut it.

Issac:(mind) God damn it, Mandy!

Emma takes a seat next to Issac, offering him a drink.

Emma: Beer?

Issac: No thanks.

Emma: Waiting until your legal?

Issac: No. I just don't care for alcohol.

Emma: Cool. Cool, cool.

Emma:...

Issac:...

Emma stared at Issac, who stared at Mandy, making sure no one messed with her.

Emma: Is she like... Your girlfriend?

Issac: Huh? Who? Mandy?

Emma: Yeah. Are you two like... An item?

Issac:...

Issac: No. We aren't anything like that. We're friends. She's one of my best friends. But just friends.

Emma: Oh, good to know.

Issac: Why?

Emma: Just curious... When a guy brings a girl, they're usually a couple.

Issac: She just wanted to go to a party. Because she's never been to one.

Emma: That's cool of you to bring her. You're a pretty cool guy.

Issac:...

Emma:... Do you... Wanna dance?

Issac: I'm good.

Emma:(nods)

Girl: AHHHH!

Issac/Emma:?

The kids near the balcony run out, after seeing something that frightens them. Soon the whole party saw an elongated man slither onto the balcony.

They wore a black suits with purple markings, covering their whole body.

(Project Rubber: The Strecher)

Stretcher: Well, well, well...

Stretcher: What do we have here?

Entering the penthouse, the superpowered individual stretches his torso and looms over all the teenagers.

Stretcher: A bunch of kids having a party?

Through the tone of his voice, it was plainly obvious he was intoxicated. On what was unknown. In Issac's eyes, this man was nothing but an accident waiting to happen, so he snuck out of the penthouse whilst everyone's eyes were on The Stretcher.

Mandy: Fascinating!

Stretcher: Hm?

Mandy: What happened to give you such abilities? Does it hurt when you use your abilities?

Mandy: How far can you stretch your body?

Stretcher: I'd be willing to show you how far I can stretch a "certain" part of my body in private...

Stretcher: If you know what I mean!

Mandy: Please, don't be childish-(coughs)

(SLAM)

The door to the penthouse is kicked off its hinges, as G-Zero enters the scene.

G-Zero: Alright, human slinky, there's a car dealership that needs you to wiggle wildly.

G-Zero: Let's go!

Stretcher: I've done nothing wrong!

G-Zero: You climbed up the side of a hotel. Clearly wasted. And I heard that little joke of yours.

G-Zero: Now get moving!

Stretcher: I'm not going anywhere without a drink! And a selfie atop this joint!

Expanding his palm to be able to grab a table off the floor, Stretcher takes the bowl of spiked fruit punch and throws the rest of the table at G-Zero.

(CRASH)

G-Zero:(Grunts)

Knocked over, G-Zero pushes himself up, with his classmates now concerned for their safety.

G-Zero:(mind) "Table hurled", gotta check that off my bingo card of drunks.

Stretcher:(glug, glug, glug)... Ahh~

(shatter)

Dropping the bowl, Stretcher slithers out onto the balcony and towards the roof of the hotel. G-Zero gives chase, leaping onto his elongated body.

Stretcher: Hm? Hey! No free rides!

Wiggling, Stretcher creates waves across his body to try and fling Issac off, but the Gravity man lowers his gravity and uses the waves to launch himself onto the roof.

(Stomp)

Stretcher: Huh?

G-Zero clasped onto Stretcher's hands and swung him over his head, just to slam him into the roof.

(WACK)

Stretcher: AGH!

G-Zero: Let's not make this into a big deal. Go buzz off and cool off. Then I'll let this stuff slide.

Stretcher: Counter offer...

Stretching out his legs toward Issac with great speed, Stretcher manages to kick the lightweight hero off the roof, where he hung against the side of the building by the criminal's hands he was still holding onto.

G-Zero: You little...!

Stretcher's head extended out down towards him.

Stretcher: I'm going to do whatever I want! And you can't stop me!

Stretcher: Mostly because you'll be splat! As soon as I make you let go.

They begin headbutting Issac who wasn't harmed thanks to his helmet.

G-Zero: You want me to drop? Fine! But I ain't letting go! You're coming along for the ride!

Increasing his gravity, Issac began to drop, forcing Stretcher's arms to stretch as he still held onto him.

Halfway down the building, the Stretcher its his limit of elongations, and was thusly dragged off the roof and down with G-Zero where he retracted his arms causing him to fling closer to the young hero.

Stretcher: AHHHHHHH?!! YOU'VE KILLED US BOTH! YOU PETTY JERK!!

G-Zero: Save your crying to god! Or Saten in your case.

Activating his thrusters upon pointing them at the ground, G-Zero activates them, to slow his and Stretcher's descent. But it was the criminal's weight that was causing issues.

G-Zero: Come on!

Focusing, Issac unintentionally freed Stretcher from gravity to allow the thrusters to cancel out the acceleration from the fall.

Stretcher: WHHAAAAAAA!

(Tap, tap, tap)

Stretcher: WHAAAAA!

(TAP, TAP)

Stretcher: WHAAAAAAAA! MOMMY!!

G-Zero: For the love of!

Pulling Stretcher closer, Issac flipped in the air to axe-kick Stretcher semi-harmlessly into the ground which was a few inches below him. G-Zero floated over him, in a new state of completly Zero Gravity.

G-Zero: Damn, drunk... I should get paid to put up with your crap!

The battle drew the attention of the police, who were quickly approaching the scene, just as fast as Issac left.

Emma looked around for Issac. Failing to find him, Emma spots the next best thing, Mandy, who she sees rush to the bathroom.

Mandy rushed to the bathroom due to getting a bloody nose, so she didn't bother closing the door.

Emma: Knock, knock. You okay?

Mandy: Huh? Yes, yes. I'm fine. The excitement just got the better of me.

Mandy: Plus the altitude of the top floor is not good for my nose.

Mandy: I'm sorry your party got crashed by a villain.

Emma: It's cool. No one got hurt, and the guy drank all the alcohol so no one here is getting in trouble unless they make us do a test...

Emma: Maybe I should be more worried...?

Emma: Anyway. Have you seen Izzy? I mean, Issac?

Mandy: He probably went to get security and they stopped him from coming back.

Mandy: But he's stubborn, so he'll be back any minute now.

Mandy: It'll give you a chance to ask him out.

Emma: Huh?

Mandy:(plugs nose with paper)

Mandy: That's why you invited him face-to-face, right? You like him more than the others.

Mandy: And why you sat next to him, with your chest out, and your arms crossed to present them...

Emma: Yo, you two aren't a thing, so-

Mandy: No, no. I'm not shaming or calling you out.

Mandy: I'm only here to help you out.

Emma: Huh?

Mandy: Correction. Help him.

Mandy: Issac is reserved. I would like him to open up to more people. More "normal" people.

Mandy:(mind) For as long as he can...

Mandy: That's why I planned on coming. To force him to come.

Emma:?

Mandy: Emma, if you wish to enter a relationship with Issac....

Mandy: I recommend asking him out for coffee. Or pastries.

Mandy: Don't take no for an answer. He acts tough, however, he'll begrudgingly do anything if asked enough times.

Mandy: Then simply explain your intentions and feelings. And a little about yourself. And I guarantee, he'll at least be your friend.

Emma: It's that simple?

Mandy pulls out her MacGyver nose plugs, to see the bleeding stop.

Mandy: Yep.

Emma: Thanks... You're pretty cool...

Mandy:(smiles) That's because I'm not wearing a jacket.

Emma: We should hang out sometimes.

Mandy:(smiles) I would like that.

Mandy: Here. Let me help you a little bit more.

Walking past Emma, Mandy heads straight to Issac who entered the room.

Mandy: You want to leave?

Issac: A bit... What happened to your snout?

Mandy: I got a nosebleed. But Emma helped me out. She also told me she'd take me shopping next week.

Issac: She did...?

They both turn to Emma. One had a look of confusion, the other winked.

Emma:(waves)

Issac: Okay...

Mandy: Anyhow... You missed G-Zero's arrival. He was quite "cool".

Mandy: He still has a long way to go... But I think he has the potential to earn the title of "My" hero.

Issac: Uh-huh... On a scale of 1 to 10, how light-headed are you?

Mandy: 7.46. I lost a considerable amount of blood. Coincidentally, not just from my nose. Since early today-

Issac: Too. Much. Info!

Mandy: Oh. Grow up!

The Scientist, Tom, watched Stretcher be taken in. Misty watched from a video feed in her home.

Misty:(on phone) You want me to give you 40% of my company's shares for THAT!?

Tom: It worked!

Misty:(on phone) It's useless!

Misty:(on phone) I want what the superhero had!

Tom: The power to float?

Misty:(on phone) Figure it out.

Tom: That wasn't the deal!

Misty:(on phone) I know two teenagers that I can probably get to do this same job for lollipops.

Misty:(on phone) The deal is whatever the hell I say it is.

(Click)

(Ending theme)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 573 43
After being genetically altered by an unstable element, seven high school students must use their newfound superhuman abilities to prevent an army of...
801 25 12
50 years ago, hundreds of meteors pelted the earth. Those who managed to find and touch a meteorite were granted a special gift, superpowers. In the...
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
39.1K 1.9K 49
'One person on their own may be able to save the world. But a team of friends, all working together, have a much greater chance of succeeding...provi...