Rowdy || 18+ || RH

By WakeWriteWrath

|| Reverse Harem || Four Men/One Woman || ⚔️ || "It's not about belonging to someone, but belonging together... More

Authors Opening Notes
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 🌶️
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 🌶️
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 🌶️
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 🌶️
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 🌶️
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 🌶️
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 🌶️
Chapter 30 🌶️
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 🌶️
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 🌶️
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43 pt 1
Chapter 43 pt 2 🌶️
Chapter 44 🌶️
Chapter 45
Chapter 46 🌶️
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52 🌶️
Chapter 53
Chapter 54 🌶️
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58 🌶️
Chapter 59 🌶️
Chapter 60 🌶️
Author's Closing Note
Meet the Men of Rowdy

Chapter 5

7.7K 265 19
By WakeWriteWrath

Emersyn

I adjust the box in my arms, the weight of it a reminder of the life I'm leaving behind and the new one I am starting. A bag slung over my shoulder holds personal items, and I've got a new bed set tucked under one arm. This is it; this is where I'll be living. My heart is a frenzied drum in my chest, and my palms are sweaty. It's one thing to agree to rent the room, quite another to actually move in.

I pause on the porch, uncertainty washing over me. Should I knock, or do I just go in? I live here now, technically. But still, the thought of barging into a house full of men I don't know is daunting.

Minutes tick by as I stand there, debating. My inner voice chides me, urging me to be brave. Finally, I grasp the doorknob, take a deep breath, and walk in.

I'm greeted by the smell of something delicious cooking and the sight of a man sitting on the couch. I jump, almost dropping the box.

"Oh, hi there!" he exclaims, bounding to his feet. He's all motion and energy, with bright eyes and a contagious smile. "You must be Emersyn. Marx told us you were moving in today. I'm Fowler!"

His voice is like a playful melody, words tumbling out quickly. He's a few inches taller than me, with a medium build. His eyes, dark and expressive, carry a glint of mischief, framed by a set of strong brows. High cheekbones add a defined structure to his face, softened by the gentle curve of his lips. His hair, black and rich, falls into a mohawk that's not styled, lending a soft and loose appearance.

"Hi, Fowler," I manage to stammer, taken aback by his energy. He's like a golden retriever puppy, full of excitement and warmth. I can't help but smile.

"Come in, come in! Here, let me take some of that," he says, grabbing the box and the bed set.

His words tumble out, one after the other, and I find myself swept up in his enthusiasm. But inside, I'm still a bundle of nerves.

I follow him to my room, feeling a mixture of excitement and apprehension.  "This used to be my room," he says as he opens the door to my room. "But I upgraded when our last roommate moved out. My new room is bigger, though it means I don't have my own bathroom anymore."

"I didn't know I had a private bathroom," I admit, looking around the room, trying to figure out where it might be. My eyes catch a door that I'd assumed was a closet.

"Oh yeah!" Fowler exclaims, his eyebrows shooting up in surprise. "Did Marx forget to mention that?" He sets down the box and bed set onto my bed with a grin and strides over to the door. "Check it out!"

He swings the door open, revealing a small bathroom that's efficiently designed and well-maintained. A standup shower, slightly larger than the typical ones but not quite as spacious as a full-size shower-bath combo, takes up one corner. Its glass doors are spotless, reflecting the soft glow of the overhead light.

There's a sink with a gleaming chrome faucet, a mirror above it that adds a sense of space to the room, and a toilet tucked neatly beside. A built-in closet provides storage space, with shelves stocked with towels.

"The shower's a bit bigger than normal. And it has a built-in seat. It's a great place to relax after a long day," Fowler adds, his eyes dancing with excitement as he observes my reaction. "I used to sit in there and use it like a sauna. The steam really helped loosen me up after work."

I step closer, my apprehension slowly easing as I take in the sight. The tiles are a soft cream color, gleaming as if freshly cleaned. 'It's perfect,' I murmur, my eyes lingering on the shower, imagining how good it's going to feel under the hot stream.

"Right?" Fowler agrees, clapping his hands together. "If you want to follow me into the kitchen, I'll show you the chore chart and the bill envelopes."

Chore chart and bill envelopes? I mean, I guess with this many roommates, organization and collaboration are necessary.

"This is where the real magic happens!" He winks, leading me out of my room and toward the kitchen.

Off the kitchen, the laundry room is surprisingly spacious, housing not only the washer and dryer but also a wall filled with laminated pages. At first glance, they appear to be a random collection of words and scribbles, but Fowler quickly clears up my confusion.

"Here's our chore chart," he says, gesturing grandly to the wall. "We've got everything written down, all organized and easy to follow." His finger runs down the list, pointing out four names written in dry-erase marker: Marx, Fowler, Cruz, and Locke.

"It's all about rotation," he explains, his eyes twinkling. "See, we all have super busy lives, and our schedules are all over the place. So, to keep things fair and tidy, we use this chart. Chores rotate by the week, so nobody gets stuck with the same thing over and over."

He pauses, looking at me to make sure I'm following. I nod, impressed by the level of organization.

"The good news is, you won't be added to the rotation for another week. Gives you time to settle in and figure things out," he continues, his smile reassuring. "We want you to feel comfortable, not overwhelmed."

I let out a relieved breath, grateful for the consideration. The last thing I need is to be thrown into the deep end when I'm still getting my bearings.

"We found that this system works best for us," Fowler says, leaning against the washing machine, his face thoughtful. "With our hectic lives, having a chart like this makes everything easier. Keeps the peace, too."

I laugh, imagining a house full of men arguing over who should do the dishes.

"You'll get the hang of it in no time," Fowler assures me, clapping me on the back. "And if you ever have any questions or need help with anything, just ask. We're all here for each other."

His words warm me, easing the last of my fears. This house, with its chore charts and playful energy, might just be the place I need to start anew.

Fowler's eyes light up as he moves to the next point of interest: a collection of large, sturdy-looking envelopes. They look like they're laminated card-stock. They're affixed to the wall beside the chore chart, and I notice the neat white labels on the front of each one.

"These are for our bills," he explains, pointing at the envelopes. "Each one is labeled with a different expense, and we all contribute our share. Marx takes care of collecting the money and paying the bills. Makes it easy for everyone."

I watch as his finger lands on an envelope marked 'groceries,' and he grins, a spark of mischief in his eyes.

"And this one," he says, "is for food. Cooking dinner is also on the chore chart. We base that on who's off work each night, so it's not a fixed schedule like the others. Whoever's cooking can use money from this envelope. Each of us puts at least fifty dollars a week into it."

His eyes wander to the kitchen, and I can see the pride in his expression. "A lot of our meals are made with vegetables from the garden. Really cuts back on the cost. Most of our food is shared, but you can label anything you don't want anyone else touching."

I shake my head, unable to suppress a smile. "I don't think I'll need to label anything. I'm not much of a 'hands off my food' person."

Fowler laughs, his eyes dancing. "Good! You'll fit right in."

He gives me another pat on the back, and I can't help but feel a surge of warmth. Sharing food and chores might not be what I'm used to, but there's something comforting about this system. It's like a well-oiled machine, where everyone knows their part and plays it willingly.

I look at Fowler, with his boundless energy and infectious enthusiasm, and I know I've made the right decision. The uncertainty that gripped me earlier has faded, replaced by a sense of excitement and anticipation. This house, with its garden-fresh meals and quirky chore system, might be filled with strangers now, but it's slowly starting to feel like home.

"Welcome to the family," Fowler says, his voice sincere. "We're glad to have you."

I smile, feeling a weight lift off my shoulders. Maybe this new beginning won't be so scary after all.

Curiosity about my new living situation tugs at me, and I find myself asking, "So, I've met Marx, but what about the other roommates?"

Fowler's eyes light up, and he leans against the kitchen counter, his arms folded as he starts to explain. "Oh yeah! Well, Marx is here, but he's asleep right now. He's been short-staffed lately at the bar, so he's been picking up the slack. Dude's a night owl; sleeps in pretty late."

I nod, wondering if Marx would let me work at his bar until I find a new job. It would be a good way to make some extra cash and help out at the same time.

"Then there's Locke," Fowler continues, his voice tinged with amusement. "He's the head journalist at the Cloud Tower Times in town. Locke's the life of the party, loves loud music, and knows how to have a good time. But don't worry, he's pretty respectful of our needs around here."

The Cloud Tower Times? Fowler glides right over that fact like it isn't the biggest newspaper in town. That's really impressive.

Fowler's expression softens as he talks about the last roommate. "And Cruz, he's a contractor, owns his own business. You know, really into working with his hands. He's the one who planted our garden, and he's the best cook out of all of us. Always doing DIY projects around the house, making things better."

"That sounds wonderful," I say, intrigued by the image of Cruz working in the garden or creating something new for the house. "So, when do I get to meet them?"

"Well, Locke and Cruz are usually at work until late in the evening," Fowler explains, scratching his chin thoughtfully. "Sometimes they even stay in the city and book a room somewhere instead of coming home. Long hours, you know? But they love their jobs, so it's all good."

I take in the information, a mixture of excitement and anticipation building inside me. Living with people who are so different yet so passionate about their work sounds stimulating and inspiring. I can feel the energy of this place, full of life and creativity, a hive of varied talents.

"They all sound amazing," I say sincerely, looking around our shared space and imagining the dynamic personalities that fill it. "I can't wait to meet them all."

Fowler grins, his eyes dancing with warmth. "They're going to love you, Emersyn. I can already tell."

His words fill me with a new sense of confidence and belonging. This place, with its unique blend of roommates, might have been intimidating at first, but now it feels like I made the right choice.

Fowler leads me into the living room, and my eyes wander over the walls and decorations, but Fowler's voice pulls me back to the moment.

"Here we are," he says, pointing to a door along the wall. "So, that's your room." He points to a door down the wall beside mine. "And that's mine. We'll be neighbors," he grins, his eyes twinkling.

I chuckle, liking the idea of having Fowler nearby. He's been nothing but welcoming so far.

He then gestures to three doors under the loft section of the house. "Those two are Locke's and Cruz's rooms, and the one in the middle is the shared bathroom. We all kind of juggle around the schedule, but it works."

Finally, Fowler points upstairs at the loft. "That's Marx's area," he says, his voice dropping a bit. "None of us really go up there. Marx can be a secretive guy, and we respect his space and privacy."

I follow his gaze, curiosity piqued by the mention of Marx. The loft seems to loom over the rest of the house, holding secrets that only Marx knows.

"Especially since he lets us all live here," Fowler adds, his tone full of gratitude. "He owns the place, so we try to give him his space."

I nod, understanding the dynamics a bit better now. Respect for one another's privacy seems to be a big part of living here, and I appreciate that. Everyone has their own space, and yet, there's a sense of community and camaraderie that's already palpable.

I can't help but wonder though, why all of these men live together. Not that loving with roommates is a bad thing, but they all seem to have impressive and well paying jobs. Marx own this house and a bar, Locke is the head journalist at the most popular newspaper in town, and Cruz owns his own company. They clearly have money.

"We've got a good thing going here," Fowler says, as if reading my thoughts. "I think you'll fit in just fine."

His words resonate with me, and I find myself smiling genuinely. "I think so too," I agree, my heart swelling with anticipation. "Thanks for showing me around, by the way. I think I'm going to go start unpacking. You can come hang out while I do, if you want."

He rubs the back of his neck, and his smile turns apologetic. "I'd love to, but I think I'm going to take a nap before work. These shifts have been killing me lately."

I can't help but feel a little disappointed, but I totally get it. "No worries. Rest up, and maybe we can catch up later."

"Definitely," he assures me, walking me towards my room. "And hey, if you need anything, just let me know. I'll be around."

I smile, touched by his thoughtfulness. "Thanks, Fowler. I'll see you later then."

"Yeah, see you later," he echoes, his voice trailing off as he heads toward his room.

I stand by my door for a moment, listening to the quiet sounds of the house settling around me. It's strange to be in a new place with people I barely know, but I feel a connection here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.3K 3.7K 26
Sequel to More Than Just Roommates!! **Completed** It's been ten years since the four boys first got together, and a lot has changed. They've gotten...
151K 5.9K 36
❥︎ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏ yandere! roommates x reader ❀•°•═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════•°•❀ When (Y/N) moves in with five strangers, things start out surprisingly well...
5.4K 221 36
My mom told me that not everything I write needs to be Boylove. So, I wrote five books with poly relationships and reverse harem tropes with men, thi...