Mutant is the new normal (boy...

By Dalton159

Shawn has had an....interesting life. He has powers that he doesn't understand. When he turned 13 years old h... More

Why am I not surprised(Chapter 1)
A single white Rose(Chapter 2)
Chicken nuggets and fries (Chapter 3)
I missed you (Chapter 4)
What's up sexy? (Chapter 5)
Is it a date? (Chapter 7)
Ready? (Chapter 8)
Angel (Chapter 9)
Taywor (Chapter 10)
Water Condoms (Chapter 11)
So does Taylor (Chapter 12)
You are now Shawn Mendes (Chapter 13)
What kind of complications (Chapter 14)
My American asshole (Chapter 15)
Favors (Chapter 16)
News (Chapter 17)
Hopefully it will last (Chapter 18)
It's okay (Chapter 19)
A Funny Weird (Chapter 20)
Last Chapter (Chapter 21)
Super power list
New book
Sequel is out

The sticky notes (Chapter 6)

3.5K 187 70
By Dalton159

Shawn p.o.v.

The ride to the institute wasn't bad. Taylor and I kept on talking..well more like Taylor was talking and I was listening. It was getting really hard not to have feelings for him. He was brave, funny, sexy as hell, and kind.

"So...what are we doing here or at least me," Matt asked. Oh I almost forgot he was here too. We found him in the parking lot waiting for school to be over so Cam could drive him to their house. Ms.Reyes told him to come with us and he was like what the hell why not.

"I have to introduce you to someone. Somebody with similar...gifts as you. I also want to hear why you really came here," Ms.Reyes says. What does she mean why he's really here?

Before I can ask we reach a gate. I can't see what's passed the gate because there are so many trees blocking the way. All I can see is a road. Ms.Reyes puts in a pin and slides a card on a machine that connects with the gate.

The gate opens and we start driving to what looks like a forest. We drive for 5 minutes when we finally get out of the forest and I see a huge ass mansion and a ton of other buildings away from it. It looks like I'm in some sort of lab thing with tons of buildings for experiments.

"Woah," Matt and I whisper. Taylor comes closer to me and whispers, "mine is bigger." Yeah that's true. The house he lived in at our other town was huge and he said that was their little one because his parents said they didn't want him to be spoiled.

We walked into the mansion and Ms.Reyes ask,"so Matt when was the last time you met your sister Winter?" Why is she asking about Winter? I remember her. She was always nice and sweet and caring. What really stood out about her was her hair. When she was 12 her hair started to turn from black to white. Soon after her whole hair turned completely white she ran away from home. Matt and I were 9 at the time so we didn't understand what was going on.

"I haven't talked to her in almost 9 years," Matt tells her sadly. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that," she says. "Taylor could you and Shawn leave us a moment," Ms.Reyes asks. We shake our heads and she takes Matt to another room and we go upstairs.

Matt p.o.v.

"Matt why are you really here," Ms.Reyes asks as we sat down on the couches in the den. I know she won't believe me if I lie. "The H.P.S. found me. I saw them at my house when I was driving home one day. I had already packed a lot of my things incase something like this happened," I tell her.

"What happened next? I need to know exactly what happened so I can check if they've tracked you down," she tells me. "Will you hand me over to them," I ask. She shakes her head no. "I would never do that. I know what they do and I absolutely do not agree with it."

"Okay. Well I bought a plane ticket to Russia under my name and gave it to my friend Jimmy who has the same hair,eye,and skin color as me and is the same height and weight as me. I then took a taxi to the bus station and took the bus and train station to get here. I was actually coming here because I heard some mutants were coming to this county."

"What about your phone and credit card?"

"I got a burner phone and gave Jimmy my debt and credit card. I also gave him a note and a video that says I gave him permission to use them in case the authorities come looking for him. I haven't used any social media except for snapchat to somewhat warn Shawn that I was coming by showing him the Starbucks in this city. Only Shawn knows that is my private account. I didn't want to text him or call him because I didn't want them to connect us together."

"Wow. I'm impress," she tells me. "Well me and a friend planned it," I tell her. I didn't say Shawn because I didn't want her to know he's a mutant incase she is lying.

"I know your friend is Shawn and I know he is a mutant. Just trust me. I am part of the H.M.A so your safe here," she tells me. My jaw drops at the information.

Ms. Reyes and I talk for a little bit more about what to do with me when I hear the doors behind us open. I turn around and can't believe my eyes. The same white hair, the same blue eyes, the same grin. "Wi-winter," I stutter out as I walk towards her.

"Yes little bro it's me, but wow you got taller. It seems like I'm the little sister now," she tells me with a smile.

I then slap her across the face. She left me and her family I had to show her I was mad even though I was happy she was back in my life. Her eyes go wide at the action. Before she can say anything I grab her and pull her into a bear hug and I start crying.

"I th-thought I w-would never see you a-again," I cried in her shoulder. She pats my back. "I know Matt. I know. I'm really sorry," Winter apologizes. I let go of her and look down at her. "Why did you leave me and mom and dad," I ask. I got to know.

"The same thing that happened when you turned 14. My mutation started and I couldn't risk staying. There are a lot of bad people that don't like mutants and will try anything to hurt them," she explains.

"I found your sister in the back alleyway a couple years ago. She had just run away from some cops that recognized her. I told her she had three choices. I would give her money and she can stay on the run, go back home, or come with me and I would help her and she would help other mutants," Ms. Reyes says.

"Matt want to go upstairs and catch up," Winter asks. I nod my head. I can't believe I found her after all this time.

Taylor p.o.v.

"Taylor take it out, take it out, take it out, it hurts. You lied. You said it wouldn't hurt. It's too long and too deep. It hurts," Shawn says as he lays on the bed. "Well sorry. I thought you liked it. You said you wanted more," I tell him. "Yeah but I didn't know this would happened. You should have prepped me," he replies. I roll my eyes.

"You said you didn't need it. You do it by yourself all the time by yourself," I remind him. "Well you should have known I was lying and what's worst is that we're in somebody else's room ," he tells me. "Oh it's fine Aaron doesn't care as long as we don't get anything on his computer."

We are right now in Aaron's room and we were playing Just Dance on the X-box till Shawn tried this weird move and hit Aaron's wooden cupboard and got a splinter. He said that we could hit ourselves with one of Aaron things and I told him it wouldn't happened and if it did it wouldn't hurt that much anyways. How was I suppose to know he was going to get a splinter.

I finally take out the the splinter and Shawn stops whining. I then kiss his feet where the splinter was. "Aw. Kissing it better," Shawn ask.

"Yes actually. I hurt my crotch last week and it still hurts. Will you kiss it better," I ask. Shawn blushes and throws a pillow at me. "Pervert." I laugh and he glares at me.

"Don't I at least deserve a kiss," I ask with a pout. Shawn sighs, "I guess." He leans over and gives me a quick kiss.

When he moves away he squints his eyes. "Crap," he says. "What wrong," I ask. "I lost my contacts in the middle of everything and now I can't find them. The rest of my contacts are home and now I can't see a thing," he says.

"Give me your backpack," I tell him. He frowns but doesn't say anything and gives me his backpack. I go to the front of it and unzip the front pocket. I take out his glasses case and open it. As expected I find his glasses. He hasn't changed his style of glasses since he was in kindergarten. He just gets a bigger size. I take them out and gently put them on him.

"Better," I ask. He smiles and blushes a little. "Thank you," he says and gives me another kiss. Wow this is the most I have ever kissed him in one day and today is the first time he has ever kissed me voluntarily except for the first time but that was because of a bet.

"You're welcome," I say. "But I do have one question," he says. "Yeah what is it," I ask. "How did you know where my glasses were? I forgot where my glasses were."

I smile remembering why. "When you first got contacts you would always forget to put them on, so you had to always take out your glasses and put them on in class. I would always see you take them out from there. Since you haven't changed your backpack since middle school I took a chance," I tell him.

Shawn p.o.v.

Taylor is so sweet in remembering things like that. Agh he makes it so hard.

"Wow...I didn't know you were such a stalker," I tease. "Hey. I'm not a stalker. I just observe really carefully without people knowing," he tells me and I laugh and he throws a pillow.

When I stop laughing I look over to him and see him smiling at me, he then chuckles a little. "What," I ask. He leans forward and whispers, "I told you my jersey matched your glasses." I blush a little at him reminding of our first kiss.

Before I says anything my phone rings. I turn around and grab it. I look at it and it says I got a text from an Unknown number. I open it and read the text.

Unknown
~Stay away from Taylor you dirty piece of shit. He deserves a beautiful queen that can make him happy and give him children not a queer like you

Who the fuck wrote this and why do they think I don't deserve Taylor? I then write

Shawn
~Go gag on a dick

I sent the message and then try to compose myself first. I am trying so hard not to cry over the mean words they said but it's hard. Taylor does deserve better than me. Before I can turn around I feel strong arms around me.

"You know what they said isn't true right," Taylor whispers. "Y-yeah," I stutter out trying not to cry. I was bullied for a little while about my sexuality in middle school but Taylor took care of it.

Taylor turns me around and forces me to look at him. "Shawn...you is kind...you is smart...you is beautiful," Taylor tells me as he kisses my face.

I smile and look at him with tear falling down my cheeks. He is so nice to me even though I reject him every time. Why? Can't he find somebody else? A new conquest.

{^~^} {^~^} {^~^} {^~^} {^~^} (next day)

Matt decided to stay at institute with his sister yesterday and will move in with Cam and Nash today. Taylor then took me home after having dinner over there with the rest of the students.

Yesterday night and today in the morning all I could think about was what that person said. Even though it was just a little thing it stuck to me. Taylor forced me to delete it because he said that he didn't want me to read it over and over again, but it was still in my head. I am worthless compared to Taylor. He is brave, kind, strong, sweet, loveable. While I am just a Kid in Love with a person who doesn't love me back. All he wants is sex.

As I'm walking to my locker I see Matt and walk over to him. He is talking to Carter with a very annoyed face. "Hey Mattie what's up," I say. "Oh, nothing much. Can I talk to you at your locker," he asked and I nod my head. "Sorry Carter. I have to talk with Shawn for a sec but see you later," he says and quickly grabs me and we start walking to my locker.

"What do you want to talk about," I ask as we walk to my locker. "Nothing. I just wanted to get away from Carter. He has been trying to get me to go out with him," he says and I laugh. "Hey it's not funny," he whines. "I know but you finally know how it feels with me and Taylor," I say.

"What is like you and Taylor," Lia and Mahogany ask as they walk with us. "Carter is trying to with Matt," I tell them and Matt hits my shoulder.

"Ha. I knew it. You owe 20 bucks," Mahogany tells Lia. Lia groans and takes out 20 dollars. "You bet on me. I'm no race horse," Matt tells them. We all laugh. "Yeah we did. I thought you were going to be with the other kid Justin but apparently not," Lia admits.

When we get towards my locker Mahogany and gasps and points towards my locker. "What happened to your locker," she asks. I turn towards it and walk up to it and I can't help but smile. The locker is filled with sticky notes that have compliments on them.

'Beautiful' 'Kind' 'Amazing' 'Cute' 'Funny' 'Lovable' 'Hot' 'Great hair' 'Nice ass' 'Beautiful Eyes' 'Sexy body' 'Friendly' 'Irresistible lips' 'Adorable' 'Fantastic' 'Nice'

The compliments go on and on. In the middle there is a note with a white flower on it.

Don't think just because we are at a different school I will stop doing this

~To Shawn Caniff

"Oh my God. This is super sweet. This is going on the website," Lia says as she takes a picture. "Seems like Taylor didn't forget," Matt says.

"What do you mean," Mahogany asks. "Well when we were in middle school these guys would bully Shawn. Then this one day they used sharpie and put a bunch of insults on Shawn's locker. Shawn cried and felt really depressed. When Taylor found out he beat the shit out of the guys and got them expelled. Then the next day Taylor put a bunch of sticky notes over them filled with compliments," he tells them.

"He then did it every time I felt sad, stressed, or mad. I thought after middle school he would stop but on the first day of School I found the sticky notes with the same letter," I tell them.

Maybe Taylor has changed. Maybe he really does like me and wants to be with me. Who would do all this stuff for somebody if they just want to have sex them, but then I remember that one day in freshman year. When I was going to tell Taylor that I was ready to give us a chance. I went to his football practice and found him making out with Madison Beer.

Taylor why do you have to make this so hard? One moment you are like this and the next you do something like that. Well doesn't matter. I'm not going to be in a relationship with him, so what does it matter.

I can at least enjoy the little things he does...right?

********
A/n: Hope you guys liked it. If you haven't read my other books go read them please. I only need two more votes on the chapter Sequel in Last Full moon till I start writing Ares Blade and Aphrodite's Charm or was it Aphrodite's charm and Ares blade. Whatever it was one of those. Wow that means I should probably start writing it. Oh well. Please vote, comment, follow, and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340K 3.7K 119
basically all in the title !!! {completed}
277K 4.6K 45
"What the hell is a Magcon?"
3.2K 49 11
Magcon boys have a secret they all have sisters they never told anyone about. But what they don't know is their sisters are not the same girls they w...