Expectations When Expecting

By NyxNightshade0128

"Memories of the previous hour danced across her memory like a flurry of snowflakes in a snowstorm. Images of... More

Opening
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Book 1, Chapter 1
Book 1, chapter 2
Book 1, Chapter 3
Book 1, Chapter 4
Book 1, Chapter 5
Book 1, Chapter 6
Book 1, Chapter 7
Book 1, Chapter 8
Book 1, Chapter 9
Book 1, Chapter 10
Book 1, Chapter 11
Book 1, Chapter 12
Book 1, Chapter 13
Book 1, Chapter 14
Book 1, Chapter 15
Book 1, Chapter 16
Book 1, Chapter 17
Book 1, Chapter 18
Book 1, Chapter 19
Book 1, Chapter 20
Book 1, Chapter 21
Book 1, Chapter 22
Book 1, Chapter 23
Book 1, Chapter 24
Book 1, Chapter 25
Book 1, Chapter 26
Book 1, Chapter 27
Book 1, Chapter 28
Book 2, Chapter 1
Book 2, Chapter 2
Book 2, Chapter 3
Book 2, Chapter 4
Book 2, Chapter 5
Book 2, Chapter 6
Book 2, Chapter 7
Book 2, Chapter 8
Book 2, Chapter 9
Book 2, Chapter 10
Book 2, Chapter 11
Book 2, Chapter 12
Book 2, Chapter 13
Book 2, Chapter 14
Book 2, Chapter 15
Book2, Chapter 16
Book 2, Chapter 17
Book 2, Chapter 18
Book 2, Chapter 19
Book 2, Chapter 20
Book 2, Chapter 21
Book 2, Chapter 22
Book 2, Chapter 23
Book 2, Chapter 24
Book 2, Chapter 25
Book 2, Chapter 26
Book 2, Chapter 27
Book 2, Chapter 28
Book 2, Chapter 29
Book 2, Chapter 30
Book 2, Chapter 31
Book 3, Chapter 1
Book 3, Chapter 2
Book 3, Chapter 3
Book 3, Chapter 4
Book 3, Chapter 5
Book 3, Chapter 6
Book 3, Chapter 7
Book 3, Chapter 8
Book 3, Chapter 9
Book 3, Chapter 10
Book 3, Chapter 11

Chapter 11

1.4K 66 6
By NyxNightshade0128

Yuu sat in the nurse's office, awkwardly sipping on water while he inspected her. The nurse, named Ilyapa Mamani, was a glamorous man and was very purple. His gloved hands removed the thermometer from under her arm, and he went to check her pressure.

"Well? Is she alright, Nurse Mamani?" Crowley's voice rang from behind the makeshift curtain, concerned.

"Calm yourself, Crowley. I'm checking her blood pressure as we speak." The man stated before mumbling something. "Take a deep breath for me, alright?" He addressed her.

"Yes sir." She said, inhaling. She heard an amused chuckle from Nurse Mamani. "That's good." He listened to her breathing before checking her blood pressure.

The nurse sighed, satisfied with the results before smiling. "Alright, my dear. It seems that you're doing well. I'd urge you to avoid stress, considering that you're still in the first trimester. Your second trimester should begin soon." He gave her a reassuring smile, helping her down.

"Thank you, sir!" She stated, earning a chuckle from him. He gave her a nod.

"Of course. Make sure you keep yourself safe. I'll try to get you some prenatal vitamins, so make sure you come check in with me in about a week. Got it?" He stated, earning himself a nod from the pregnant young woman.

"Good girl!" He smiled. "Now, off you go." He waved her away, giving her one last smile before turning away from her.

She met up with the Headmage, who held out a bottled drink and a wrapped sandwich for her. "I've brought you lunch so that you wouldn't miss a meal. Oh, how gracious I am." He cooed, pleased with himself. She nodded thankfully, noticing Grim devouring what he'd gotten himself.

Yuu unwrapped a sandwich, stuffed with vegetables and a chunk of turkey. She smiled at Crowley.

"Thank you!" She took a bite.

Crowley nodded, before continuing. "I will tell you, however, that you still must serve your punishment. However, I'm allowing you to do only twenty five windows to avoid much strain."

Yuu nodded. "I'd still like to apologize. I wasn't able to stop the fight." She stated softly, tapping her foot on the ground to get Grim's attention that he'd need to follow. Crowley permitted her to walk alongside him despite her inability to stop the trouble.

"It's alright. However, as your headmage, I cannot simply turn a blind eye, therefore you must complete your punishment." Crowley informed her, his head held high. "I will personally walk you to your next task. I trust that you two and Mr. Trappola will be able to complete this without any issue?"

"I'll try my best. And I'll make sure Grim does his part this time." She eyes Grim who was waddling ahead. "Or I'll make it so that his bathtime is moved to today." She said loud enough for Grim to hear. His yelp was good confirmation.

"Yes, very good!" Crowley chirped, leading her down another hall before finally stopping at a door. She nudged her slightly forward, signaling that she was supposed to go in. "Here we are! The cafeteria. I wish you luck, my dear. And remember, you should not exert yourself."

"Yes sir. Thank you sir." Yuu gave him a slight bow before turning to look at what she would have to do. She stared at the windows lining the walls of the cafeteria. "Damn... That's way more than I thought there would be." She breathed out, before grabbing a few rags, a squeegee, and a bottle of cleaning supplies.

"Alright. Let's do this." She stated, quickly moving to spray the very large windows.

"Myah!" Came the frustrated grumble from the cat monster. "I'm already exhausted from a full day of cleanin'. I can't believe we still gotta wash a hundred windows!" He complained, grabbing into a rag.

"HA! A full day? If I remember correctly, you wiped down exactly one name plate." She teased playfully, enjoying the satisfying feeling of watching the liquid be wiped off. She paused before turning.

"Just... Try and learn from this experience. Okay?" She stated.

"Hmph. Fine." Grim groaned, using his hind paws to push against the floor, dragging the rag against the lower windows. "Ya know, what's buggin' me is, Ace ain't even here yet! To make us wait, after what he did..." Grim released a low, irate growl before continuing.

The pair cleaned in silence for a while, managing to get a little over fifty windows before Grim became impatient again.

Grim threw his rag down. "And now he's super late! I bet he up and bailed on us!" He bristled.

Yuu paused for a bit, considering something. "... If you can promise me that you won't cause anymore trouble, we can go look for him." She bargained.

"Me? Cause trouble? Never!" Grim denied, earning an eye roll from Yuu.

"Promise me that much and I'll personally drag him here by the ear." She stated, watching a small amused sparkle appear in Grim's sapphire eyes.

"... Fine. Ain't no way am I doin' his punishment for him! C'mon, Yuu, I don't care if we gotta drag him kickin' and screamin', he's washin' those windows!" Grim put his rag into the bucket before marching ahead of her.

.

.

.

"Hey! Ace! Get over here! Try to hide from me, will ya!"

Yuu cringed as she heard Grim's cocky tone echo through the empty classroom. "Huh... Maybe there's really no one here?" Grim turned to walk out when an odd voice erupted from the silence of the empty room.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that, I'm here."

Yuu jumped, and Grim turned, his fur standing on end.

"Bwaaah! That painting just talked!" He yelped, seeing the portrait. Grim scrambled behind Yuu, whose eyes were wide.

"Yes, and...? Is a talking painting really such an oddity at this school?" The man in the painting remarked, looking at the pair. Yuu shook her head in an attempt to drag her soul back to her body. He's got a point, but holy schist.

"The lady in the portrait on that wall talks too. As does the gentleman in the portrait on this one. As long as a painting has a mouth, why wouldn't it be able to talk? Is that really so strange?" The painting spoke in a tone that appeared to be insulted.

"Right... Sorry." Yuu, finally being able to snap herself out of it, finally made eye contact. "It's just that I'm not used to talking paintings."

"Ah? Is that so? Well then, it is a pleasure to meet you." The man in the painting gave her a slight smile.

"It's a pleasure sir." She chirped. "You certainly are amazing!" She complimented, awestruck at the existence of a talking painting.

"My, what a charming child you are! Now, you appear to be searching for someone." The man in the painting remarked, earning a nod from her.

"We're lookin' for this guy called Ace. He's got messy hair and a heart drawn on his face." Grim demanded almost snarkily.

"Grim..." She warned, asking the cat monster to tone it down. She watched him yelp.

"Ah, I know the one. He is a new student, I believe? Today was his first day at school. I think he went back to his dorm a while ago." The painting confirmed. It took all of Yuu's will not to let her anger show.

"Ah." Was what she mustered before taking a breath. Be rational. Don't wanna upset the baby.

"So it's true! He's tryin' to ditch us!" Grim snarled indignantly before turning his gaze back up to the painting. "Do you know which way he went?"

"The door to the dorms is in the eastern building." He informed the duo.

"Let's chase after him, Yuu!" Grim sprinted out of the classroom, practically smoking from the anger.

She hesitated for a moment. "Thank you very much for your help sir. We'll be on our way now!" She gave a quick bow before leaving behind Grim, shouting out one last, "It was a pleasure meeting you! I hope we'll meet again!"

"Likewise!" The man in the painting returned her words. She smiled slightly, feeling the light wind against her face, listening for the nasal complaints from the small dire beast and following the distinct smell of smoke.

I hope this won't end in disaster...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 538 28
[ Book #1 of the "Forever and Always Series" ] ❝ It's you. Always has been and always will be you. ❞ Andy Harris and Evan Wilson. Two names that ever...
9.6K 400 19
"I'll protect all of them even If it kills me" . Having died and having the same name, did that god made it on purpose or is it a coincidence? . Hell...
2K 95 6
[ 𝚅𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜! 𝙾𝚋𝚎𝚢 𝚖𝚎 x 𝚁𝚘𝚡𝚊𝚗𝚊! 𝙾𝚌 ] " 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒏𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒖𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒂𝒕...
2.3M 117K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...