๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก ๐ˆ๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž...

By olive_shin

โ You brought life to me. Now let me fight for yours. โž โคท ๐˜–๐˜Š ๐˜น ๐˜—๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ ๐˜”๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฆ A student who had n... More

Note
Arc 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
New Year Special
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Bonus
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 50.5
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Bonus
Arc 2
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Bonus
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85

Chapter 58

359 36 5
By olive_shin

[ Cho Seungmin's POV ]

The next day, we all sat around in a meeting room with a computer at the center of the table.

"My ears hurt," Cha Eugene whined after listening to all the demo songs about 20 times.

Almost everyone muttered in agreement except for Kim Raebin. We listened to the songs the A&R team prepared for us for several hours. Even my ears hurt.

"We've listened enough to remember what each sounds like," I muttered, resting my chin on my palm. I didn't want to waste more time. "Let's just vote now."

"Then starting with number one," Chungwoo hyung nodded.

Everyone raised their hands to the songs they liked.

I found a trend.

Ahyun and Chungwoo hyungs preferred the medium tempo songs.

Raebin and Eugene liked rhythmic and strong bass songs.

Keun Sejin hyung liked the ones that sounded like any popular k-pop song B made me memorize.

Lee Sejin hyung only picked one. He wasn't sure.

And Moondae hyung chose the song I didn't get bored of listening to many times.

It was a song that was quicker than the songs Ahyun and Chungwoo hyung chose, softer than what Raebin and Eugene chose, and more unique than what Keun Sejin hyung chose.

"It seems like hyung has a good ear. Number 7 is the most perfect," Kim Raebin exclaimed with shining eyes. He had also chosen that song.

"Hey, Raebin, are you saying this hyung's ear is bad then?" Keun Sejin hyung teased.

"N-no, that's not what I meant-"

"Then track two and seven are pretty tied. Let's focus on these two songs for now," Chungwoo hyung said, clapping his hands to get our attention.

Number two was the R&B song he and Ahyun hyung chose.

I heard the door open and saw the manager walk in.

"Hey, the content production team wants to meet with you guys."

Everyone got up from around the table and moved to another room for the next meeting.

"We selected a title track for your debut!" the leader of the production team said.

They talked about its background and began to play it.

I closed my eyes and listened.

"It's not bad. It's from....disco genre, I think."

"How is it? Do you guys like it?"

"...Yes," Moondae hyung answered with the others. But his eyebrows were furrowed.

"Great! Let's move on and talk about the worldview a little more then," the production team said. "We were thinking about the concept of a baseball club..."

They were hesitant to say that the retro concept they wanted was rejected yesterday evening and the director wanted the baseball club concept.

"The director wants a worldview similar to cartoon movies like sports, so, um, it became baseball."

Referencing the concepts Moondae hyung thought of and the songs they were for, I assumed that a disco song and a baseball club weren't going to be successful.

"TeSTAR is fine. The company will keep me from making money," I deduced.

Sighing, I rested my head against Moondae hyungs. It would have been better if he could've been the director instead.

 "The song came out well, in our opinion," another production team member added with a wistful smile. They also knew the director's concept wasn't good.

"B told me that fans were upset from our lack of content," I remembered. "The reality show hasn't aired yet, and we aren't allowed to post on our official SNS. If the song ends up bad, we'll fail."

The mood of the other members was also ambiguous when the meeting was over.

"...Shall we do our best?" Chungwoo hyung said first.

Everyone began talking about the work we needed to complete, knowing that we wouldn't sleep. But they were used to that from Idol Inc.

"Let's get a studio!"

"Wait, guys!" the manager said, taking out his phone. He called the reality show crew quickly. Something about cameras.

So then we were sent to a studio in the basement of a building near the company. The agency didn't have any studios or practice rooms yet. There were cameras installed inside.

"Let's choose between track 2 and 7 now," Chungwoo hyung said.

The result of the voting was 5:3. Number 2 won.

"The tempo makes it easier to listen to. It's like a faint youthful feeling? It would go well with a school concept."

"Since the company's song is disco, we should choose something more relaxing."

Ryu Chungwoo, Keun Sejin, Seon Ahyun, Lee Sejin, and Cha Eugene chose it.

Moondae hyung's jaw tightened slightly as he was lost in thought. He looked like he wanted to say more but didn't do it in the end.

The others began discussing track 2. And then we went to our apartment to eat dinner. But the mood wasn't good with food either.

"Oh god."

"Ah..."

The members were muttering like this around the table.

"If this article is right...our activities will overlap with VTIC sunbae-nims, right?" Keun Sejin hyung murmured.

I finished my food, vaguely understanding what was wrong. We were set to debut around June. VTIC was probably making a comeback then.

"...I can get their autographs." he continued with a crinkled smile. The others laughed bitterly.

A notification pinged my phone.

Dear Deer: Did you see the article posted?

Cho Seungmin: I don't follow any accounts

Cho Seungmin: But the other members saw

Dear Deer: Right. Well, you might have to give up first place on your first broadcast. VTIC is way too popular

Dear Deer: Your director is just the nephew of the Tnet CEO. He won't be able to help with this. I can't believe you were put in such a terrible agency...

I glanced up momentarily from my phone at Moondae hyung. He was in deep thought again. It was a look I was used to seeing at Idol Inc.

Cho Seungmin: It's okay

I shut off my phone before B could spam me messages.

"...Guys," Moondae hyung spoke up hesitantly, "I'm sorry for bringing this up when the agreement is already over, but no matter how much I think about it, I want to push for number 7."

Everyone immediately responded.

"W-why?"

"Oh, it's the first time I've seen Moondae do this. Are you invigorated after seeing VTIC's comeback schedule?"

"I guess you really liked demo track 7."

"Um, Moondae, I know it's a shame, but it's hard to reverse what's already been concluded. It was decided with majority vote, and we don't have much time," Chungwoo hyung tried to say.

I tapped the fork on the plate.

"Moondae hyung doesn't say anything he doesn't believe in. And he hasn't made a concept that failed," I smiled.

Chungwoo hyung closed his mouth.

"...Give me five minutes. I'd like to try to persuade you," Moondae hyung said, nodding slightly in my direction.

"W-woah."

"Moondae wants to go this far?"

"So weird!"

The members made another fuss.

"First of all," Moondae hyung continued, ignoring their comments, "Keun Sejin and Chungwoo hyung, you guys chose number 2 because of the concept, right?"

The two nodded obediently.

"If we exclude the concept and compare the songs objectively, would you say number 7 is okay?"

"I like number 7 a bit more, but that's not enough," Keun Sejin answered.

"Because it doesn't go well with the company's title track?"

"Right."

"Then why don't we change the company's song?"

At Moondae hyung's words, the dinner table became noisy again.

"Wait a minute." The leader took control. "Moondae, even if we leave out the company's song, number 7 doesn't fit the concept of school and youth very well. It's a deep house song that's only somewhat dreamy because of the kalimba in the melody. If you remove any part to fit the concept better, the charm of the song will disappear."

Next to me, Raebin agreed sullenly, even though he chose track 7.

Moondae hyung shook his head.

"We can make that concept come alive without getting rid of it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 943 26
Park Byeol has never done anything to make someone hate her. She is smart, beautiful, nice, and modest. She is also the youngest in her family. Despi...
2.4K 71 6
#Bl #Smut #Don't like don't read or else enjoy. System 003 "Happy Ending for Villains", first time having a host, worked in 1016 worlds with it's hos...
1.2K 75 27
[ONGOING STORY] ON GOING BE PATIENT WITH UPDATES I HAVE A LIFE sunghoon x female original character _____________________________________ "๐˜ˆ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ ๏ฟฝ...
50 2 10
On a fresh midsummer afternoon, embraced by the scent of blossoms floating across his windowsill on the warm, crisp wind, the ill college student Li...