Summer Child-Cam Cameron

By heavenilyathenaa

๐€๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐ฎ๐  ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž'๐ฌ ๐๐š๐ซ๐ค๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐›๐ž... More

SUMMER CHILD
Prologue: Locket
One: Welcome Back
Two: Ribbons
Three: I Remember
Five: Remember When...
Six: The Hot For Jake Carter
Seven: All-American Bitch
Eight: Knock Knock

Four: Ice Cream

209 7 0
By heavenilyathenaa

This summer...

I don't think I was prepared for to be getting up this early for dress shopping. Rory had to physically drag me out of my bed. Now I'm sitting on the counter chairs eating cream while watching a YouTube video. Dad had left for work down at the marina which left Rory and I by ourselves for now. "Susannah picking us up." Rory tells me as put a spoonful of Honey Nut Cheerios into my mouth.

"Shit. You think Belly's with them?"

Rory shrug slipping her shoes on. I sighed and finished my bowl. My jealousy of last night memories came back and I hated it. I hated how two people who I am very close with are now getting close with each other. I saw how she looked at him. Even though they just met it's how I use to look into his eyes. How I used to laugh at his cheesy jokes. I can't let this ruin my summer.

I didn't come here to win Cam's heart or beg him for his love. I came here to do summer like I've never done before. I made sure my hair look brushed and now like the frizzy mess it usually looks like. It was hot today. I had on a black tank top, denim shorts and my converse. My locket still rested on my chest. I opened it taking a look at the at the kids we used to be.

Last Summer: Three years ago...

"I think this is exactly what we needed." I tell Cam eating my ice cream. Cam nods and lick his. The East Coast sun was blazing down upon us while we sit and eat our delicious frozen treat. It was July which is when summer heat really kicks your butt. My parents were inside arguing. Again. Rory took us out on our bikes and we came back to the beach.

"We're getting this everywhere."

I look down at our hands and saw the pink and white colors drip down from our wrist to our forearms. I look back up to see how he had vanilla ice cream around his mouth. I started laughing at him and he looked at he as if I was crazy. "What?" He asks furrowing his brows. I take my hand rub away to vanilla ice cream from his mouth. Cam smiled at me and thanked me. Rory was watching us with her camera in her hand. Dad found his old Sony digital camera in the garage and gave it to Rory so she can make summer memories. I was so upset that she got it and not me but in dad's defense, Rory was older and could take care of it better.

"Guys! Over here!"

Cam and I turned our heads and looked at Rory with the camera ready to take our picture. I leaned my head on Cam's shoulder and smiled. Our towels hanging off our shoulders and our ice creams lips and hands. Rory smiled at the sight of us and brought it over for us to see. "Wow, I love it." I say in awe. Cam who I didn't know who wasn't looking at the camera was looking at me. "Me too." He says without even giving it a glance.

☀︎︎ ☀︎︎ ☀︎︎ ☀︎︎

I hated how much this stupid locket meant to me. My thirteen year old self swore she saw signs that he may have felt the same but I guess he didn't. Rory called out my name once more and I made my way out of the house. I was both Susannah and Laurel in the front and Belly on the left side. She gave me a small smile and I returned it. "Oh girls! I'm so excited for this season. I can't believe all my best girls are going to be debs!" Susannah squealed. We all laughed awkwardly knowing that all three of us were kind forced.

"Have any of you found an escort?"

Rory and I shook out heads. I didn't even think about finding on. God, I barely know anyone on this damn beach how the hell was I supposed to find an escort. The drive was short for the first shop.

"Okay, so who's first?"

☀︎︎ ☀︎︎ ☀︎︎ ☀︎︎

Three hours. five different stores. At least two hundred dresses. Belly had found hers and it was beautiful. Rory was in between two gorgeous dresses. And me? No dress. Susannah and Laurel were pulling everything and anything off of racks but nothing was speaking to me. That was until I found the mannequin in the very back. My eyes grew big and wide. I was in love with this dress. Laurel sensed my stop and looked in my direction. "That one is very you." I gave her a smile and walked over to the dress. The neckline was low and the sleeves were short. It looked like something out of the Pride and Prejudice movie. It was all silk.

"Would you like to try it on?" The lady asked me. I nodded my head and admire the dress even more. "NO doubt you will be turning head in that dress Gwenie." Susannah squeezed my shoulders. I couldn't wait to show my mom. Once the worker placed the dress in the dressing room and I slipped it on. I was in love. Suddenly this whole deb thing wasn't a drag. I was excited. "This dress suits you very well." She told me. "Really?" She nods and I smile even harder. I'm sure she was saying that so I can get the hell out of here and buy the dress but It made it even more special.

When I walked out, their mouths drop. "Do you hate it?" I ask scared of their reactions. Rory shook her head and got up. "You're stunning." She says softly. "This is definitely your dress." Belly compliments. Dress was now secured and all I needed was an escort.

When Susannah dropped us off at home, my dads car was parked in the driveway. He had his head in the engine of the my Branco. "Hey there Matt!" Susannah yells out from the car. My dad got startle which caused him to hit his head on the hood. A collection of "oohs" was heard as he rubbed his head. He looks up to see us and wave. "Thanks for taking the girls Susannah." He waved.

His eyes widened seeing the amount of bags both me and my sister had. "Wow. Did I pay for all of that?" He asked worriedly. Rory and I nodded and headed to get ready for the debutant tea party.

I placed the bags on my bed and look for the dress Susannah picked out for me. It was white and had blue flowers on it. The top was a corset top and the straps can be tied in a bow. It was long and beautiful. I had a blue headband that had a hat attach to it. The thing was awful but she told me I had to wear it.

I lightly fixed my makeup and curled my hair. I looked at myself in the mirror not expecting myself to look how I did. I looked grown up. A knock interrupted me and Rory peaked her head in. "Ready Gwen?" She asked. My stomach was full of butterflies. I've only started to get use to going out and meeting to new people. I love staying in. But now isn't the time for that. I gave her a nod and grabbed my purse.

"See ya dad!" Rory yelled out knowing he's not looking up from the engine. "See ya girls." His goodbye was muffled but we heard it. The country club was a short ride. But it felt so long. "Do you have anyone in mind that's gonna be your escort?" I asked Rory. She shrug her shoulders and stayed quiet for a bit. "I might ask Marcus Duncan. Remember him from the bonfire?" I nod my head remembering the tall blonde guy she was talking to.

He was good looking. "Do you have anyone?" I shook my head immediately. I only know three boys here in Cousin's. Jeremiah, Conrad, and Cameron. I'm pretty sure Belly has first dibs on all three of them. "I have no idea." I slump back into my seat. "Don't worry. The more parties we go to, the more guys you'll meet." Rory reassured me. I hope she's right.

When we got there, many girls in dresses and funny hats were heading into the country club. My parents were the only ones who really went to the country club while Rory and I stayed with Laurel and the kids at Susannah's.

It wasn't hard finding our way to the tea room. The big sign was up so we could hardly miss it. As we were about to head inside, a blur of curly hair caught my eye.
"Cam?" I didn't know I said it loud enough for him to hear me. He turned around and was shocked to see me. "Gwen," He smiles. He turned to Rory and gave her a nod. "Rory. You guys debbing this season?" He was in a green and white striped shirt and his stupid boyish grin made my stomach full with more butterflies.

"Yea. Trying things new this summer."

"Cool."

There was an awkward silence between the three of us. I hated it. Three years ago I could've talked to him about anything and everything. Now, it's like we're two strangers. I missed him. "Well I should go. My mom waiting for me." I gave him and nod and he went on his way. I squeezed my eyes closed and groaned. Rory rubs my back and leads me inside the room.

"Was it me or was that painfully awkward?"

We took our place at a table filled with strangers and some girls from the bonfire. Everyone was chatting amongst themselves. It was only then that Jeremiah and Belly walked in. "She's late." The lady tells Belly. Belly apologizes and walks to her table right across from ours.

"Gwen, your glow up has been insane." A girl named Margret compliments me. I smiled and blushed. "Yea, Jake Carter was eye fucking you at the bonfire." Another girl who I didn't know says wiggling her brows. "Jake Carter? You're joking." I gasp. Jake Carter has to be one of the cutest boy her in Cousins. He's always been cute but since we got older, he got hotter. "Maybe you can ask him to be your escort." Rory smiles.

I saw Belly get up and run out of the room going after a familiar curly headed boy. I don't know how my heart can get over someone I've wanted for so long. But maybe Jake Carter will help me figure it out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 361 5
' It's funny how when it's upside down I push through, I just put up with you' ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต ๐‘พ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ช๐‘ฏ Elise fisher tries to make this summer the best one y...
20.7K 264 15
//๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ข, ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ญ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ.// Maddison Conkl...
11.5K 109 26
แดขแด€ส€แด€ แดแด€สœษชษดแด€ สœแด€๊œฑ แด‹ษดแดแดกษด แด›สœแด‡ ๊œฐษช๊œฑสœแด‡ส€'๊œฑ ๊œฑษชษดแด„แด‡ แด›สœแด‡ แดแดแดแด‡ษดแด› ๊œฑสœแด‡ แดกแด€๊œฑ แด˜สŸแด€แด„แด‡แด… ษชษด สœแด‡ส€ แดแดแด›สœแด‡ส€'๊œฑ แด€ส€แด๊œฑ. ๊œฑสœแด‡'๊œฑ ษขแดษชษดษข ส™แด€แด„แด‹ แด›แด แด„แดแดœ๊œฑษชษด'๊œฑ แด›สœษช๊œฑ ๊œฑแดœแดแดแด‡ส€ แดกษชแด›สœ สœแด‡ส€ ส™แด‡๊œฑแด› ๊œฐส€ษชแด‡ษด...
12.3K 280 7
"๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฃ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™๐™ž๐™จ ๐™š๐™ฎ๐™š๐™จ." ๐™˜๐™–๐™ข ๐™˜๐™–๐™ข๐™š๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ญ ๐™›๐™š๐™ข!๐™ค๐™˜ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ข๐™ข๐™š๐™ง ๐™ž ๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™จ1 & ๐™จ2