°°°Even A Villain°°°[BL]

By BlackDescendant

It's terrifying. Waking up on a unfamiliar surrounding and realize along the way that I was reincarnated. Was... More

Prologue。◕‿◕。
Chapter 1: Memories
Chapter 2: Torturous Suffering
Chapter 3: Glastieve's Household
Chapter 4: Operation Apocynum
Chapter 5: A Boutique of Bird's-Foot Trefoil
Chapter 6: Zinbell
Chapter 7: Tight Grip
Chapter 8: Forbidden
Chapter 10: Curse
Chapter 11: Uncertainty
Chapter 12: The Novel
Chapter 13: Distress
Chapter 14: Ephemeral
Chapter 15: Toska
Chapter 17: Breaking Dawn
Special Author's Note
Chapter 9: A Winter Story

Chapter 16: Theseus

1.6K 80 29
By BlackDescendant

Two days have passed after what happened. The aftermath of the events is still there but the people here in the dukedom became busy for the upcoming festival.

They were going around left and right with no tiredness. How could they do that?

Agnes Festival is four days apart from now on. Since the duke is still not present, Raffaelo, was temporarily responsible for the preparations of the festival. He's been very busy and extremely hard to see.

It was only Theseus that I saw who was not busy preparing, instead he stuck to me like a chick from its hen.

It's annoying! How am I going to act as I want when he's there all the time? Even though he respects my space it is still making me irritated. We've been like that ever since I woke up.

After two days of him tailing me everywhere made me fed up, I don't care anymore. I did use all the means I could to shoo him away but he isn't going! What is he?! A dog?!

I was lying in bed, I was tired of moving and wanted to laze around for a while. Under the shade made me go sleepy.

"Young master,"

Oh, here he goes again!

"Pardon my sudden appearance, I would just like to suggest if you want to get out to have a fresh breather. The dukedom is rather busy than it was yesterday. Maybe you want to spend your time outside, I thought."

Yep, this man is getting weirder. Why the hell is he trying to get close to me? Did he forget he was one of the people who killed me?

Oh. He doesn't know that.

"What are you trying to suggest?" I asked.

"A picnic, perhaps? Rather, would like a small tea break?"

Picnic, huh? Tea break sounds nice too. Oh, well...

"Fine, let's do both," I said.

"As you wish, young master."

I sighed. I'm so lazy. Why did I agree? I've been struggling with what to do at the Agnes Festival. My stupid self is trying to die so quickly. What am I supposed to do? Help them? The 'heroes' who killed Evyterr? Or just sit here and watch everything unfold?

I know, I want to live. I don't want to die yet. Why am I hesitating on choosing the obvious answer, to leave it be?

Ugh, ugh, ugh...

"Ahh!!?" I was suddenly lifted by two firm arms. What the hell?!

Theseus?! You chicken head!!

"Put me down!" I resisted, pushing his shoulders.

"I believe this is the quickest way to get from our destination. You look drowsy and tired, we wouldn't want you to push yourself, right?" He said nonchalantly.

"I don't need your opinion! Put me down right now! I can walk myself! I don't need your help!"

I kept on pushing him aside. Why is he not budging?! If others saw us like this they.....they.....they would think I'm some needy and spoiled child that needs to be carried all around!

"Young master, you---," I cut him off.

"I couldn't care less, idiot! Put--,"

"Are you perhaps embarrassed about me princess carrying you, young master?" The bastard teased.

What?!

"H-huh?! Who's embarrassed?!" I'm not embarrassed at all getting princess carried. Huh? Why is my face flushed? I stopped pushing him and cupped my cheeks trying to feel it, it was warm and red.

"I see, young master is just embarrassed. Don't worry, I'll carry you for how many times you want." He grinned and walked out of the room carrying me.

You prick! You idiot! Moron!

"Now, now, young master......."

Shut up!

***

Why is it so peaceful? It feels strange. Being an aristocrat is not so bad, I think? You can order people around, and laze if you want without a worry about what to eat or work to do, hence, you have nothing to do to be exact.

It's just one thing that brings obstacles to my thoughts.

This guy!

"Young master," he was kneeling, holding a tray of refilled biscuits and desserts.

Ugh...

"Would you like to take a nap? I'll arrange the blanket for you."

I rose to sit down and look at the tray he brought. I would want to eat those but I'm so full in the moment. The desserts were so delicious.

"Alright," I said.

Theseus arranged the blanket and put a few pillows, he set aside the trays of desserts and the tea equipment. And, there, he's all done.

"There you are, young master. You can lie down now."

I didn't hesitate for a moment and lay down.

Soon after Evyterr fell asleep Theseus' lips curved a smile. He sat down in the grass and opened his notes. His notes are neat and organized.

Young master likes macaroons, especially vanilla and strawberry flavors.

He likes taking a nap after lunch and between noon.

Doesn't like bitter. I'll put salt in his bitter melons next time.

The young master is especially lazy today. Maybe a picnic next time again.

Tarts, orange marmalades, muffins (with carrots, bitter melons? Scratch that.) and cucumber juice.

"Hmm..." Evyterr murmurs in his sleep as Theseus closes his notes.

Evyterr twisted and his face was in front of Theseus's hand. Theseus retrieved his hand and fixed the falling hair in Evyterr's hair.

A figure in his surprise shadowed him.

"What a pleasant surprise, Crisis." Theseus greeted.

"I always came here twice a week. What surprises you? Did I interrupt your pleasant time?"

Theseus only snickered in annoyance.

"It's thrice now. What brings you here? Young master is resting." It's now Crisis turn to snicker in mockery.

"I didn't see you to be overly possessive."

"Don't waste time, Crisis. Do what you came here for." Theseus said.

Crisis chuckled in defeat. It seems like this young master is warping everyone in his fingers.

He held his hand and took a deep breath and examined Evyterr in a few seconds. He, then, retrieved the boy's hand from the blanket.

The results were improving as Crisis expected but it doesn't mean that the poison of Serunix in his body is gone.

"The medicine I gave you, do you still make him consume it twice a day?" Crisis asked. Theseus raised his eyebrows.

"I never missed a day."

"Make it thrice a day and add one gram of it."

"What?" A harsher yet calmer reply came from Theseus. "I thought you said too much usage of this medicine is dangerous. Why are you adding young master's dosage?"

"Calm down, Theseus. I'm a doctor, I wouldn't make such a statement if I didn't know better." Crisis scratched his head and leaned on a tree.

"He's getting a lot better, maybe in two weeks he's now recovered. Adding a gram won't harm, it will help fasten his recovery than it was. Though, yes, as you've said before, Serunix is a universal cure despite its poison of too much use. He's recovering, however, I can't be so sure that the poison is gone in his system." Crisis explained with both of their eyes looking at the young boy.

"Does it mean that even though the young master is recovered the poison in his system is not completely gone?" Theseus put his hand in his chin.

"Yes, you are right. I'll come back in two days with a new medicine I've been working to fight off the remnants of Serunix his body. Tell Raffaelo that the guildmaster is requesting his presence. Relay to him also to make haste. Guildmaster is rather in a hurry."

Crisis left with a quick look at the young boy and disappeared into thin air. The last sentences made Theseus curious, but it is not his worry. His young master was all that matters right now.

Considering the events right now, Theseus is honestly intrigued. Iris is a huge guild filled with distinct yet remarkable people. The guildmaster was wise enough to take that diversity to create a union of exceeding talents.

Theseus was an orphan as early as he can remember. He has no recollection of his birth family and his memories began in the years of his living in the old orphanage.

Children, abandoned children homes the orphanage he used to live. The only adult raising them was a middle-aged woman. The orphanage was financially supported by the local government. Thus, the children were in no doubt live a day without worry of starvation and homelessness.

Yes, that was supposed to be, Theseus thought. At the ripe age of fourteen, the children are taken out of the orphanage because it's the age where a lot of children are getting new families. The children were enthusiastic. They can't wait to reach the ripen age to be adopted.

That was supposed to happen. Children believed in having a new family, and Theseus believed that too.

While the children grew, new orphans came too. It was Theseus's turn now to go with his new family in five months. His friends are already gone with their families and his the only one left to be taken.

One night, it's just one fateful night. Everything took a turn, white turned red, and his reality distorted into an illusion. He couldn't scream even though his lungs burned neither cover his eyes to not see the ruins.

"Theseus,"

Theseus flinched. He was sweating, he was caught by surprise. He saw his young master looking at him half-asleep, eyes barely open.

"Young master,"

The young master didn't respond and closed his eyes, he was going back to sleep again. Theseus took his notes and wrote.

Young master is sleep-taking. How adorable.

Theseus sighed.

It was a relief.

***

Theseus reminded himself not to take things too far. To control his desire. Act wisely. To keep his hands from unnecessary attachment.

Was it unnecessary though? Theseus thought.

He has been following his principles ever since the tragedy of his life only to prevent it from happening again.

What was wrong this time? Theseus asked.

His mind was wandering a lot lately ever since the picnic yesterday. Evyterr noticed it somehow, though didn't care about it.

The two of them would interact yet their minds are filled with their own  worries.

Their routine never changed. Theseus either wake him up or standing behind the closed door waiting to be summoned. Evyterr eats his meals and Theseus prepares them accordingly. When Evyterr goes for a walk, Theseus will be there.

Even when his afternoon naps, Theseus is there to wake him up before dusk.

Evyterr stared at the butler blankly.

This guy is getting annoying, seriously.

He complained.

Evyterr was thinking of a lot of ideas for getting rid of this guy if he couldn't make him go voluntarily. The guy won't leave him up to this bathing session! He would persistently insist on dressing him up too! He is no kid anymore!

He is already.....?

Huh? Wait. What was it?

Evyterr's age.....

Oh no...

Don't tell me...

I forgot about it?! That simple information?! It's Evyterr age! What was it again?! Fourteen? Sixteen?

Should I just ask Theseus? About Evyterr's age?

No. No way. What would he think? He'll think I'm suspicious, won't I? He would think I'm weird. But it's alright, isn't it? Considering my condition at least? Right? Someone tell me it's alright!

Evyterr bit his fingernail. He was so lost in thoughts that he didn't realize the gloves in his hands were falling apart.

Evyterr's gloves are custom-made. It was thin and matched the color of his skin, which is why anyone wouldn't notice he was wearing a camouflage type of glove.

The reason was, yes, to cover up the scars he had trying to keep. Evyterr didn't notice it yet even after he was reincarnated that he was wearing it. It was when he was bathing that he took notice of the gloves closely appearing and disappearing.

Maybe that's why the Evyterr before insisted on bathing alone. He was taking the gloves off when bathing, the only time he could show the scars unto himself.

And with that, he can't go take the gloves off now that Theseus is also there.

That bastard of a man. Evyterr pouted.

Not barely noticing Theseus was keenly observing him.

On such a lucky day, Theseus was blessed to witness such a rare occurrence.

He never missed it! Theseus fell dumfounded repeatedly chanting in his mind whether he did just saw right now his young master pouting.

Young master. Pouting. Pouting. He was mad. Still. Young master was pouting. Ado———

"———seus! Theseus!" Evyterr yelled.

Theseus was unable to speak. "Your nose is bleeding, idiot! What are you thinking?! Tend yourself, immediately!" Theseus heard his young master yell to him once again.

Nosebleed? Me?

Theseus felt a warm liquid flowing out of his nose and fell to the ground. He slightly spread his hand, blood was falling.

His nose is bleeding. Theseus said in his mind.

But the young master is pouting. I have to see it once again.

"You idiot!" Evyterr rises from his seat and grabs a clean towel.

Theseus was about to ask when Evyterr quickly snatched his wrist pulled him over in his bed and made him sit.

Theseus was too tall for me even though he was just sitting. Evyterr situated between Theseus' legs and used his left knee to adjust his height. He compressed the towel he grabbed in Theseus's nose to stop the bleeding.

Meanwhile, Theseus was left once again speechless. Seeing the young master up close made his voice backfire.

Theseus was taken by surprise.

But he saw clearly. He saw the hands of the delicate young master he had chosen to ignore before.

Theseus squinted his eyes im displeasure l. 'That was before...'

'Now is different.'

He said and held the hand of the young master.

Evyterr took it too late to notice. The butler has already seen it. He tried to shake it off from Theseus's hand but he couldn't take it away.

"St-top...." Evyterr cries almost in a whisper. "D-don't look...." His eyes already trembled.

Evyterr in his mind thought he failed to protect what Evyterr was trying to hide. He saw it. He saw how hideous it was. No one would straight up looking at it. It must've been the reason why he didn't want attendants to serve him.

"St-top look-king...." Evyterr closely begs.

Theseus held his hand gently, oh so gently as he would, and kissed the back of his hand.

Evyterr flinched, nearly making him fall but the butler was too quick and pulled the young master's waist closer to his.

"Please hold the towel properly, young master. It will fall." Theseus said yet the man gained no response from the young man.

"A-ah..." Evyterr was stunned to speak too. He didn't even know he was crying.

Theseus saw how his young master's tears fell without knowing of the latter.

He wanted to wipe it off, and he did. Theseus realized that Evyterr was scared to let others see his scars to the extent of covering them up.

Yes, the butler understands.

Yet he just made the young master cry. It was a fault on his part. He let his desire overwhelm him. He didn't act wise enough to consider the young master's thoughts.

He failed to admit he was getting attached to the object of his 'unnecessary attachment'.

Of how stupid was he?

"If it pleasures you to take my eyes out because of this butler's insolence, I am willing to give it to you, young master. I have made a grave sin, please, punish me accordingly." Theseus stared at him, never trying to look away.

Evyterr suddenly stopped crying. "Gauging your eyes out would be befitting." He said.

It would be good but I'm not cruel. You have already seen it anyway. I'll just make you my accomplice and make your life harder.

"Yes, if that———!" Evyterr pushed the towel in Theseus's nose which made Theseus writhe in pain.

"Shut up, you stupid big guy. I'll make you pay for this." Evyterr glared at him still sobbing.

Theseus can't help but agree and sits in defeated. He was forced to listen to all his young master's complaints and insults about him. However, that did not make him disheartened.

"You don't know how to stop! Aren't you an adult, you chicken head?! Shouldn't you understand me better?!"

"You mongrel! Perverted donkey!"

Evyterr keeps on hitting him and it's not even hard.

"You never listen to me, moron! Even when I can take care of myself!"

'No, you don't, young master.'

"Even when I kept telling you I can bathe myself! I am not a child!"

'Young master, you can't even wake up by yourself. You would be skipping breakfast every day if I didn't wake you up on time.'

"I hate you, you dumb dog!"

'Yes, young master'

Theseus could only laugh in silence.

"I will punch you in the face with a squash in my hands!"

'A squash?'

Theseus manages to let out a tiny laugh though not enough to be loud. He was glad his young master was so open about his feelings today. It doesn't matter if what comes from his young master's mouth is all about spiteful things about him.

He would still look adorable even when he's mad anyway.

Theseus lips curved a small adorned smile directly at the spring green-haired boy.

***

Oh, baby, Evy, mommy's gonna make it gone, ok? I am going to treat it! Mommy will make your scars gone, don't worry。⁠:゚⁠(⁠;⁠´⁠∩⁠'⁠;⁠)゚⁠:⁠。

What a pleasant day, Descendants!

I hope everyone is doing fine.

I'm fine though, somehow enjoying my Christmas break.

Anyway, it's a short author's note. (⁠✿⁠^⁠‿⁠^⁠)

A HAPPY MERRY CHRISTMAS, DESCENDANTS!! (⁠^⁠∇⁠^⁠)⁠ノ⁠♪

* Sending lots of love! *

Lovelots(⁠~⁠ ̄⁠³⁠ ̄⁠)⁠~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 145 14
Available at my Ko-fi page only. Soon to be release in google books. Follow ko-fi.com/bellaxtina _______________________________ SYNOPSIS Imagine wa...
170K 5.2K 41
"If I'm going to die anyway, there's no point in trying to live." A typical reincarnated into a villainess story, except the protagonist isn't your t...
511K 31.1K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...
20.2K 943 19
Aries Rielsé, the greatest assassin of his time. A product of the assassin program of year 3696 and the only successful subject. His emotions were lo...