THIN LINE SEQUAL

By aquassb

5 years later... Thin line Sequal More

Cast
Reunited🥀
Stay🥀
Missing You🥀
I Care🥀
Heard It All Before🥀
All the Way Home🥀
Butterflies🥀
4 page letter🥀
You're Makin Me High🥀
Easy on Me🥀
Breakin' My Heart🥀
Stranger in my house🥀
Love Drought🥀
Be without you🥀
Moments🥀
Sweet thing🥀
In Pieces🥀
Whoaa🥀
My life🥀
Forgive Me🥀
Damaged🥀
Girlfriend🥀
Never Too Much🥀
Dance for you🥀
The Kids Are Alright🥀
Always Be My Baby🥀
Baby🥀
New book

Pray You Catch Me🥀

249 20 5
By aquassb

Monica

"What the hell?!" I yelled as my phone finally connected after being taken off of airplane mode and seen the dozen of messages that flooded my screen.

I had messages and calls Toya and numerous missed calls from the Hospital. I quickly fumbled with my phone as I called the hospital back.

Whatever was going on had to have something to do with Brandy. With everything she told me earlier and the absence of even a single message told me everything I needed to know.

They picked up on the third ring and I immediately asked what was going on. My heart beated out my chest as the nurse told me virtually nothing but I needed to get there as soon as possible.

I knew she couldn't tell me what happened over the phone so all I could know was my wife was in there and I needed to get there as fast as I could.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" Mazi asked as I lifted him into the car quickly and buckled in.

"Nothing. Mommy's fine.." I punched his cheek and his worried expression faded into a smile.

I got in beside him and my driver drove to the hospital. I asked him politely to get there as fast as possible and then I pulled out my phone again to call Toya.

She answered with a brief pleasantry "Hey sis, I just called because I couldn't get in contact with Brandy. Do you know where she is?"

"The hospital. I don't know what's going but I'm on my way there now.." I said as I tried not to cry.

I knew I should've came home this morning. I couldn't help but think I could've some how prevented all of this. I felt sick to my stomach thinking about how scared she sounded on she phone earlier.

"Oh my God—what happened?"

"I-I don't know... the nurses wouldn't tell me over the phone but I think somebody might of hurt her..."

"I can't not believe this— do you want me to meet you?" She said. "Uh— can you just come get Mazi. He's confused but I'm trying not to cry so he doesn't freak out.."

"Okay.. I'm about to get everybody in the car and head over now.."

"Okay see you.." I said before clearing my throat and hanging up. I looked back up noticing we were in traffic and groaned.

As if I needed anymore anxiety it took us almost an hour to get to the hospital when it should've only taken about twenty minutes. The only bright side to getting stuck in traffic was that Toya arrived at the same time and I was able to leave Mazi with her.

Now with everything sorted all I had to do was go see what happened. Of course I was anxious for the worst but I couldn't waste anymore time.

"Hi, I got a call that my wife was admitted and they couldn't tell me anything over the phone.."

"Okay, what's your wife's name?"

"Brandy Norwood"

"Ah, yes! She was brought in a couple hours ago with multiple fractures, lacerations, and injuries. She's in room 356... but she's under a temporary sedative that should wear off in a couple of hours."

I tried to control my emotions as I took everything in do I could ask the important questions. "Is she going to be okay? And why was she sedated?"

"I can page the doctor on call to give you a more thorough explanation on everything but I do know she was sedated because when she came in she was very hysterical. She was yelling and attacking some of the male staff here.." She explained.

"O-Okay uh—"

"Oh! If you follow me I can show you to the room and the doctor should be there shortly.." I nodded and followed her down the narrow hallway until we made it to a private secluded room where Brandy was.

I walked into the room, rushing over to the bed, and finally letting my tears fall from the corner of my eyes. She looked peaceful in her sedated state but her face was enough to make me everything but peaceful.

Her eye was swollen, her face was bruised, and she was sporting several bandages along her entire body. I felt something inside of me die as I stared at my wife.

I couldn't believe someone would do this to her or thought they would get away with it. Nothing was going to stop me from beating the person who did this to her the exact same way if not worse.

I quickly wiped my tears and pushed those thoughts away so I could be fully present. I pushed her hair back out of her face before realizing the nurse was still at the door.

"Uh— I'm sorry I wanted to give you a moment but I also wanted to let you know that because of the state of her mental health when she was brought in the doctor would like to limit visitation as much as possible.." She explained and I nodded, wiping the rest of my tears.

"Okay, that's fine.."

"And visiting hours don't apply to you because y'all are married so just let me know if you need blankets or anything like that.." I nodded again before she excused herself out of the room.

••

"Hey, yeah... I'm still here. She hasn't woken up yet, so I just walked out to get something to drink. I'm fine." I said into the phone as I talked to my mom.

"Are you sure? It's all over the little social network thing... I know you seen it." My mom said causing me to furrow my brows in confusion.

"You mean social media, mama?" I laughed as the vending machine dispensed my drink.

"Yeah that! You know what I meant! I just want to make sure you aren't going crazy down there. I know it's a waiting game.."

"Yeah, it is but I know I'm just worried about her. They said she was really freaking out in the ambulance and when she first got here."

"I can imagine.. that had to be traumatic. But try not to worry too much. Your babies are safe with me so that's one less thing you have to worry about.."

"Mmhm... thanks mom again. If it's too much just call me and I'll figure it out.."

"Oh chile, please. I love my grand babies and besides I needed Toya childless so she can go watch over you.."

"I appreciate it but I don't need anybody watching me."

"Yes, you do— okay, grandma's coming. I gotta let you go, baby. Mya said Benji is tearing up my kitchen.."

"Okay mama, tell Benji I said stop tearing stuff up.."

"Oh, I will but uh... I love you and when my other daughter wakes up tell her the same."

"Okay tell the kids I love them... bye mama." I hung up and made my way back towards her room. As soon as I turned the corner I saw the nurse I talked to earlier walking out of her room.

"Oh! She's up... she was looking for you." She smiled. "Oh! Thanks.."

I walked in and saw her looking around the room before she focused on me and smiled softly as best as she could.

"Baby? I was looking for you.." She said weakly as I approached the bed. She reached for my hand and I grabbed hers, squeezing it.

"I heard. Apparently you caused quite the scene.. beating nurses, really?"

"Can you blame me? I was scared.."

"I know, bouj. I'm so sorry I wasn't there. Do you remember what happened?" I asked.

"After I got off the phone with you I realized I was being followed so I tried to make sure it wasn't a coincidence—" She paused holding on to my hand tighter and I sat on true edge of her bed so I was looking directly at her.

"—But they were still behind me when I looked again, so I called 911 and the next thing I knew they crashed into me. I was so busy trying recover from that so I didn't notice one of them—"

I cut her off to ask "—One of them? It was multiple people?"

"Y-yeah... a bunch of men with mask on and they pulled me out the car—" She cut her self off as she started to tear up.

"They just started hitting me and at first I was a fighting back but it was too many of them so I just laid there until I started to feel like I was about to pass out." She sniffled and took a deep breath.

"Were you able to see any of them? Or was anything memorable about their appearance or anything they said." I asked.

She bit her lip as if she was thinking and opened her mouth to say something before stopping herself.

"—No not really but I don't want to talk about it anymore.." She said, before wiping her eyes.

I nodded understanding fully and left it alone. I would find out in my own one way or another but right now my only concerns was if she was making sure she was okay.

I got up once again to grab some tissues and then walked back over to her bed to wipe her face. I dried her tears gently making sure not to be too rough around her bruises.

"Don't look at me like that. It's not your fault... even if you were there the only difference would be us both potentially getting hurt."

"I wouldn't have gotten hurt and I definitely wouldn't have let you get hurt so it is my fault. I should've came home like I originally wanted too.." I said as I fished up wiping her tears.

I through out the tissue and then sat on the edge of her bed once again.

"Mo, I don't even know if the two are connected... just give it a rest. You're here now that's all that matters."

"Okay, I will.." I paused and grabbed her hands before adding "For now.."

"I guess that's all I can ask right now..." Shs said before yawning. "I just want to go to sleep, can I do that please?" She sighed and closed her eyes not waiting for me to say anything further.

I let her go to sleep, as I got up to sit in the chair I pulled up to her bed earlier. Clearly she wasn't ready to talk and I didn't want to push. She went through a lot in the last few hours and that was the last thing she needed at the moment.

"Mo?" I heard her speak up in her same strained tone causing me to sit up immediately.

"Hm?" I hummed in question as I leaned forward onto her bed. She turned her head to face me slowly, wincing in the process.

"Can you lay with me I can't relax without thinking about what happened?" I looked at the size of the bed and then back up to her pleading face. This bed was obviously not made for two people but I refused to tell her no. I didn't care if I had to hang off the bed, I was getting in.

"Yeah, whatever you need." I stood up, removing my shoes as she slowly moved from the center of the bed to give me some space.

I slid into the bed and helped her adjust so her head was rested on my chest. It wasn't long before she was fast asleep and I was trapped under her with nothing else to do but fall asleep as well.

••
Brandy's pov

My eyes blinked awake taking in the harsh sunlight that beamed into the room. Well, the one eye that wasn't swollen shut that is. As much pain as I was in, I was still happy to be awake because I was beginning to only have nightmares.

I guess that was to be expected, but I just couldn't shake any of what happened to me yesterday. I knew now more than ever that Monica wouldn't let me out of her sight.

I knew it would be bad originally but now that I'm laying in this hospital bed there was no way in hell she was going to leave this alone until she figured out who did it.

I never wanted to protect this person at all but I don't want my wife to get involved. It was messy enough. I knew what I had to do. I mean it was my life after all.

All those thoughts about Monica made me realize she wasn't next to me anymore. I knew I fell asleep on her. It was partially my way of knowing she was still with me and we were both safe while I slept.

I quickly scanned the room and she was no where to be found. There wasn't a light under the bathroom door so she wasn't there and her purse was nowhere I could see either.

I turned my head to the nightstand and clicked the nurse button.

A few minutes passed before a nurse walked in smiling, rubbing her hands together with what I assumed was hand sanitizer.

"Good morning, Ms.Norwood! How are you feeling this morning?" She smiled.

"Good morning, I feel like shit, and it's Mrs..." I groaned.

"My apologies, Mrs. Norwood and I'm sorry to hear that. Your pain medication should be coming soon.. I'm going to check your vitals really quick and then breakfast should be on it's way."

I wanted to say I'm not eating that shit but that wouldn't be nice so I said a simple 'okay' and kept it pushing.

"Have you seen the woman that was in here last night?" I asked as she checked my blood pressure.

"Uh— yes actually she left out a couple of minutes ago.." She said.

Damn. She could've at least said bye before just leaving me here. I said nothing further as she finished checking my vitals, helped me use the bathroom, and then my breakfast was sent in.

It was oatmeal, some fruit that looked radioactive, and tea. I pushed it to the side and continued to lay back on the pillows until I heard voices and my door opened. In walked my wife and our friends.

"I didn't leave. I went downstairs to meet them and they took forever to find parking.." She said as if she knew exactly what I was about to say.

"That was Kandi cheap ass not wanting to pay for valet.." Toya said. If it didn't hurt so bad to laugh, I would have.

"Well, bitch next time you offer to pay for it.." She replied.

"Oh please— do not start that again. Brandy needs quiet. Did they give you your medicine and help you use the bathroom?" She asked as she sat on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah... I thought you left.."

"Why would I leave you? Toya got you food because I don't know what the hell that is but you're not eating that.." She said moving the tray with the oatmeal.

"Yeah if she eats that and she'll end up in the hospital for a whole other set of issues.." Tiny laughed.

"Thanks, baby.." I said as she pulled out soup in front of me.

A/N: sorry for any errors 🫶🏾

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.3K 1.7K 65
It's a thin line between love and hate, can Brandy and Monica decide which side they'll fall on
243K 9.6K 62
I suck at descriptions.
90.9K 3.5K 24
"𝐈 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝, 𝐈 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝?" 𝐊𝐕 𝐱 𝐊𝐃𝐆 𝐱 �...
2.6K 135 32
⚠️ Warning I made this forever ago so let's not talk about my grammar and such have a nice day tho⚠️ 𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓪 𝓰𝓲𝓻𝓵 𝓶𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓼 𝓡𝓲𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓭 �...