Suddenly I became a Mother

By amey78

(Remake of Who made a Mother) People stated that people get reincarnated due to a regret they had in their pr... More

Sneak Peak: Intro
Prologue
Chapter 1: In Another World
Chapter 2: Reincarnation
Chapter 3: Knowledge of the Manhwa
Chapter 4: Hiding from the Emperor
Chapter 5: Fateful Encounter or Danger?
Chapter 6: Reconcile
Chapter 7: The Visitor
Chapter 8: Unforgottable Love
Chapter 9: I Can't Live Without You
Chapter 10: I am not her
Chapter 11: Going to Siodonna
Chapter 12: Siodonna!!!
Chapter 13: The Unlikely Counter
Chapter 14: Memories of the Cold Emperor
Chapter 15: Untill We Meet Again
Chapter 16: She-Wolf Princess
Chapter 17: Relinked
Chapter 18: Exploring Obelia
Chapter 19: Redeeming
Chapter 20: Date with the Emperor
Chapter 21: After the Date
Chapter 23: Wolf In Sheep's Cloth
Chapter 24: How is it like?
Chapter 25: Caught by the Young Lord
Chapter 26: Anastacius's Betrothal
Chapter 27: Late Emperor
Chapter 28: Message from the Afterlife
Chapter 29: Letter from Siodonna
Chapter 30: First Love
Chapter 31: The Unlikely Revelation
Popular or Unpopular Opinions
Chapter 32: Best Stories
Chapter 33: Sultana Anaya Of Siodonna
Chapter 34: Sultana's Shadow
Announcement

Chapter 22: Princess of Bats

461 9 4
By amey78

Author's pov

It was a lovely morning for our beautiful Princess Athanasia in her Emerald Princess.

Especially for her mother, Diana who suddenly she's starting humming.

"Eh?" Athanasia looked at her mother who was humming and helping out some of the duties of Lily in Athanasia's room like fixing the bed.

Athanasia was shocked while Nayeli didn't take long unlit, she realized what was it.

"So, I guess that date between you and the Emperor went well" Nayeli soon said which Diana stopped humming as Athanasia looked at her.

'Date? Oh yeah, Lily told me that Papa asks Mama for a date and Grandma agreed with it while she was cursing in a different language and threatened Papa if he goes far...I only saw Mama and Papa few moments in my dreams and I think this is the first time I see her falling in love...Now, Papa and Mama won't be Shinning Solos' Athanasia thought by knowing this.

Claude is single and he's unmarried which no one dares to bring the marriage subject to him while its usual for an Emperor to rule the Empire with his Empress.

And Diana being a beautiful bachelorette and she stay single because she wasn't interested in dating and two, Ingrid would scare the pigs away.

"Y-Yeah...It went well...I didn't think Claude would be a romantic and yeah...a merciless teaser" Diana said as Athanasia and Nayeli noticed her ears turning red that surprised them.

'Mama...Mama...Mama is falling for Papa?! But they're in an early stage but yeah, there's nothing wrong for two single people in their thirties to date and fell in love in the progress! But either way, we have to get worried about Grandma and the way she reacts it by knowing her empathic smell and her temper' Athanasia thought in some worry.

I mean Ingrid is the Final Boss and she doesn't take kindly someone approaching her daughters.

"In this rate, you might have a sibling"

"JESUS CHRIST! LUCAS!!!!"

"Sup, Princess, miss me?"

Our favorite tsundere magician, Lucas has appeared.

Lucas wavy at her with his shamelessly smile before he was hit in the shoulder by Athanasia.

"Lucas! You almost give a heart attack!!! Knock or announce!" Athanasia nearly shouts as Lucas rubbing his shoulder and uttered 'Like mother like daughter'.

"Seriously, dude. Just knock, even I was about to roundhouse kick you" Nayeli added which both Athanasia and Lucas looked at her in some shock as Nayeli sighs.

"You guys know I and Diana were raised by ancient Wolf Warriors of Alpha Bloodline and badass vampire swordswoman queen?" Nayeli said which Athanasia and Lucas 'Oh' in response and nodded as nearly forgot that Diana and Nayeli know some self-defense and probably martial arts.

Back in Norway and Middle East of 1'000 years wasn't a safe place and everyone needed to know how fight during times of war and raids.

"Wait, when you mentioned a vampire?"-Lucas

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. Layla who's the best friend of Indie and knew her for a millennium, she's vampire and the wife of Uncle Klaus" Diana explained which surprises them and they many questions about it.

Like how Vampires and Werewolves are in good terms when they're often cast as sworn enemies.

How did Ingrid met Layla who's by the way, from the Middle East or North Africa.

How did she fell in love with Ingrid's brother, Klaus who's the Werewolf Alpha King.

"Let's say it wasn't that Romeo and Juliet scenario...It was more of Love at First Beat" they soon turned around and seeing Ingrid who waved at them.

"Good morning, my dear kids and granddaughter" Ingrid soon said as being her usual easygoing and affable self that made Athanasia and Nayeli worried by knowing it wasn't that long when she tried to assassinate the Emperor of Obelia.

Yeah, Mama Wolf.

"G-Grandma, good morning...So anyways, how are you doing today" Athanasia asked nervously and hoping Ingrid haven't span or anything.

"Don't worry, my Dear African Daisy...I haven't beheaded your dad despite he's pushing the limits of my tolerance" Ingrid soon said which Athanasia sighs in relief.

'It's a miracle she isn't bad or even try to strangle the Emperor...or me' Lucas thought by knowing Ingrid will try to murder her old friend, Great Wizard Merlin for sending Diana to another world without her being aware.

"Anyways, since both Obelia and Arlanta doesn't have clothes that could fit me. I call Layla to do me a simple favor by bringing old outfits that I used to wear during the Georgiana and Regency eras, and yes, they're suits" Ingrid added which they were surprised by Ingrid asking her sister-in-law/best friend to bring suits fitting for royal status.

I mean Ingrid is Royal.

"Wait, you were in London during Georgiana and Regency periods?"-Athanasia

"Yup, I was. I and Layla were there to prevent any greedy bastards taking advantage of the Native Americans during the migration of the British, French and any idiots. And also, I help George the Third with his illness"-Ingrid

"The oldest grandma ever"-Lucas

"Thank you, "-Ingrid,

Meanwhile in the halls of the Imperial Palace~

"I'm glad everything worked out well for Lady Diana's and His Majesty's date" Lily soon said to Felix while they were walking through the open halls of the palace.

Both of them were very happy that Diana and Claude were relinking their relationship and Claude fixing his public relationship with Athanasia as apologizing to her in the progress.

Anyways, Athanasia was getting her family with both parents and including her parent figures and dear friends.

"Yup, and His Majesty looked happy...enough he didn't want leave his chambers" Felix said and reliving the same experience when Claude fell in love with Diana.

Like those old and happy days back to their early twenties and the change of the Obelian Empire.

"Either way, I am very happy for them and the Princess...Even I am glad Lady Diana has a family despite they're most wolves and has sixteen old year adoptive sister" Lily smiles which Felix smiled back before he senses something that made him stop.

Lily looked back and stopped.

"Sir Felix?" Lily uttered as noticing the same expression he had when Lily freaks out when she thought Athanasia kissed someone.

"Lilian...Get Grand Princess quick..." Felix soon said which Lily nodded before she walked quickly to the Emerald Palace.

Felix turned around and pulling his sword as giving a serious expression.

"You better appear now...You dared steps foot in the Imperial Palace of the Great Obelia" Felix seriously said before someone appeared from where they were hiding.

The person appears to be tall as they wore a black and red coat closed, black pants, black knee boots, and a black scarf wrapped their head like a hood and covered their face.

Felix points his sword towards the intruder with a serious and guarded expression as the intruder titled their head in an amused way before they soon took out sword influenced with European and Middle Eastern style.

They soon got into position before both Felix and the intruder soon dashed to each other as crashing their blades together.

Felix stood his ground as swings his sword again as they started sword fighting in a professionally and deadly way.

Despite Felix's friendly and sometimes funny personality which he gets often teased by Claude and Athanasia.

He's deadlier than he seems as he is the Knight of the Crimson Blood, whom he created a total blood bath by slaying his enemies.

Felix almost slashes the intruder, but the intruder quickly blocked it with their sword and incredible speed that seems to be unnatural.

Felix was surprised while the intruder seems to be smirk before they soon crashed again with their swords and the intruder did a side flip as dodging another attack of Felix.

They went on as Claude who woke up from his nap and rubbing the back of his head.

"Felix, what's the noise-" Claude soon was cut off when he saw Felix battling with an unknown person that made the intruder off guard when they saw him.

Claude's eyes widen as he noticed the unique sword the intruder wield.

"So that Barbarian came from the northern continent while your aunt came from the southern continent?"

"Yeah, pretty much it. Layla come from a place similar to Siodonna, she even carries this mixed sword of European and Middle Eastern"

"European?"

"I mean it's the same sword design Obelia's and probably Arlanta's... Layla's sword is combination between those two. You will know it when you see it"

Claude recalled the conversation of yesterday and seeing the sword was combination between European and Middle Eastern.

"Your Majesty!!!" Felix soon dashed towards the intruder and aiming its head.

"Felix, wait!" Claude nearly shouts as Felix's sword got close to the intruder's head and he was about to slay them.

But suddenly, the intruder transformed into a swarm of bats that shocks Felix and almost shriek when the swarm of bats went to him and got him completely off guard.

Because of the distance, his sword was taken away from him as the swarm of bats disappeared before Felix meets the blade next to his neck with the intruder behind him.

Felix was shocked as sweat drops, and he looks at the corner of his head and seeing the intruder before intruder looks at the side and seeing labrys near it.

"Well, I guess now I know why there was a fuss in the halls and luckily, no one than us saw you...Princess of Bats" the voice spoke as revealing to be Ingrid that Felix uttered 'Grand Princess'.

The intruder chuckles as they soon pulled their sword away from Felix and looked at light pink haired werewolf.

"Shalom, Ingrid" the intruder spoke as Felix was shocked when he realized the intruder was a woman.

Ingrid soon pulls her labrys away from the woman as she soon gives back the sword to Felix.

"I'm surprised that you knew who she was, kiddo" Ingrid soon said which Claude looks at her with his expressionless, sharp features.

"Of course, I did. Diana did tell me about her, and she did manage to tell me about the sword she used"-Claude

"Ah, she did? Aww, I feel glad she did"-Intruder

"I don't mean to be rude but who is she and how the Grand Princess and His Majesty know her?" Felix asked as being the only one left out as the intruder chuckles in amusement before she pulled down the part that covered her face and pulling the down the hood as revealing her face.

Felix was stunned along with Claude who despite his expressionless reactions, he had his eyebrows up.

"I am Layla David, well, Layla Bat-David. I'm the closest friend of Ingrid and also, the wife of her older brother, the Werewolf Alpha King Klaus Magnusson" she introduced and revealing herself to be Layla, the adoptive aunt of Diana and Nayeli.

And Ingrid's best friend and closest friend.

Layla is tall, young woman of her early or mid-twenties and of Mizrahi Jewish and Sephardic Jewish descent. She's olive-skinned with slim, fitted build and strong limbs, has long, wavy dark brown hair extended to her waist and parted to her right side of her face, she has amaranth-colored eyes with slightly slit black pupils, and slightly colored pink, full lips.

Due to her appearance, she's exceptionally beautiful.

"W-W-What?! I-I apologize Your Majesty, the Queen!" Felix knee down in embarrassment which Layla had her one of her hands on her hips and she looks at Ingrid.

"This reminds me of my first counter with Klaus" Layla soon said casually and calmly while Ingrid chuckles in response.

Few moments later~

'Oh my God, so this is Grandma's best friend?! Layla?! Wow, she's definitely a Middle East beauty!' Athanasia thought as she and Lily were surprised and amazed by finally meeting Ingrid's best friend and sister in law.

Layla David or by her real name, Layla Bat-David. The Queen of the Werewolf-kind and wife/mate of the Werewolf Alpha King.

Layla looked at the beautiful Athanasia with her amaranth eyes before she looked at Diana.

"Yup, the resemblance never been so uncanny. She definitely looks like you when you were 15 or 16, Diana" Layla soon said to Diana smiled and replied 'I know' by knowing Athanasia's appearance is often compared to Diana's.

I mean their resemblance is uncanny.

They were in Athanasia's room with Claude and Felix.

Lucas used invisibility magic to hide himself from the cold-hearted Emperor since he knows he will get protective if finds out Lucas is there.

And probably try to attack him by knowing that he told Nayeli his plan.

But he wasn't mind by Ingrid or Layla who can smell his scent and his mana.

Werewolves and Vampires has a keen sense of mana smell which they can tell which the magic is human or not.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Your Majesty, Queen Layla"-Lily

"Please, without the address. Like this She-Wolf, I am often called 'Queen' by the werewolves and even 'Princess' by my kind"-Layla

'The nonhumans are a strange race....and it's still surprised me how a woman of the Southern Continent married the Wolf King of the Northern Continent' Claude thought as being genuinely curious about Layla's relationship with Ingrid's brother.

It's not Claude finds it odd since Diana explained him about the relationship between Layla and Klaus.

And also, he's the Emperor of the Great Obelia of the Western lands and the continent is based out of Europe while Diana is from Siodonna and she's from the Southern lands and close to the Southern Continent which is based out Africa, Middle East and the South Asian.

So a international relationship isn't a big deal for him.

It just he wondered how they met since Layla is from North Africa while Klaus and Ingrid are from Norway.

A huge distance between them.

"I don't want to be rude, Queen but why you disguised yourself a stranger and you let me attack me when you could say that you were Grand Princess Ingrid's sister in law?" Felix asked which Layla looks at him while having her legs crossed.

"I just want to test you how you will deal with a intruder from another world, I mean Ingrid managed to get in without being notice before she let out her anger and her werewolf abilities" Layla explained calmly which Felix was surprised by her claim and before knowing that she and Ingrid are in the same age and she wanted to know if he could go against someone like her to see if he was committed to protect those he cherishes and cares.

'What a adorable cinnamon bun...No wonder why she likes him' Layla thought as looking at Lily and knowing that she likes him.

I mean it's obvious for Ingrid and her to know.

"Anyways, the way you introduce yourself and your husband's family name...It was very strange, especially when you add animal bat on it" Claude asked with his usual cold and blunt tone as Layla looks at him calmly and patiently as not showing any signs of being angered unlike Ingrid who gets annoyed by Claude's choice of words.

'She seems to be the calm one unlike this Barbarian' Claude thought.

"Since I am from between the early medieval period and both Fall of the Roman and Byzantine Empires, back in those days from my native language, Ben means "Son" while Bat means "Daughter", and during those days, it was often use either Ben or Bat with name of their respective father as their family name" Layla explained which surprises the Obelian family and their nonrelatives.

'That one I didn't know but then again, I couldn't go to school to learn due to my financial struggle and me being in different part time jobs' Athanasia thought and in her past life as Lee Jihye, she couldn't go to high school or the university due to her financial struggle.

Poor Athy.

"So, David is your father's name?"-Lily

"It's pronounced da-veed in my native language but yeah. Bat-David means "Daughter of David" and I used just David as my legal family name due to the different era I am living. Even Klaus's last name is also the same as mine. Magnusson which means "Son of Magnus"" Layla explained which Claude and others looked at Ingrid who was drinking her glass of rum.

She noticed her stares and she was confused.

"Wha?" Ingrid said as they were now curious.

"Your last name "Rosenberg" isn't your birth family name?"-Claude

"Well, yeah...my birth name is Ingrid Magnusdottir...Due to the different eras that I, my family and Layla are lived during the changes of periods. We use the fake legal names to not get attention since I am not really human and Norway was still building their new relationship with Britain, France, Ireland and Scotland" Ingrid said as recalling after the Viking Raids were over, they were trying to build a good relationship with those four countries.

I mean she and Layla were there.

"But...your brother, the King and your siblings does share the same legal name as you?"-Felix

"Well, not really. Their legal name is Wolfberg while I took Rosenberg..."-Ingrid

"Why?" Athanasia asked which Ingrid got little embarrassed by the reason why she took a different legal name.

"When I was little girl...During my birthday in May, the last month of Spring...My family would often bring me roses that matches with my hair color and often told me that I am pretty like those roses. And when the era of nobility and knight along with family names...I took name Rosenberg that means "Mountain of Roses" than one my siblings took in because.... of that..." Ingrid said slightly embarrassed by revealing her reason why.

'Eh?' Athanasia thought in surprise by that while Claude stared at her with his stoic expression.

"Huh...So, you took that name because your family often tell you because the roses, they gifted you...Wow, you're not that barbaric" Claude soon said as got Ingrid annoyed by his comment and glared at him furiously.

"Cocky brat! Don't you dare make fun of that or I swore..."-Ingrid

"Yeah, yeah...you will try to gut me out"-Claude

"I can see you have lot in your hands now, Diana" Layla soon said which Diana nervously laugh by knowing she has to make sure Claude and Ingrid don't get into a argument that lead her try to gut him out.

"You have no idea" Nayeli mumbled.

"Anyways, what are you doing here, Queen Layla?" Lily asked as changing the subject which Layla gives a warm smile before she magically appeared a set of clothes covered by a black cover.

"Here are the suits you asked me. You're fortunate that we still have it and magic we kept it neat. Also, Alfreda redesigned some of it because I told her that you were in historical fantasy world" Layla explained which Ingrid grabbed one of them and looked at the inside it after pulling down to see well the design.

"Tell Alfreda that I said thanks and I really like the design"-Ingrid

"With pleasure"-Layla

"Who's Alfreda?" Athanasia asked in curiosity which Ingrid and Layla looked at her.

"Alfreda is Elf Sorceress whom Indie and Layla knows"-Diana

"Wait, an elf?"-Felix

"Yup, we're not the only nonhuman races"-Ingrid

"Yeah, she along with Thorin, a blacksmith dwarf created Ingrid's labrys" Layla points out as Lucas looks at the axe of Ingrid.

'So a Elf and Dwarf created that? That's actually surprising and I could sense the magic within... It's almost similar to the World Tree's power' Lucas thought as looking at the axe.

"Now, I seen everything..." Claude said with his stoic expression which Ingrid ignored him and looked at the suits.

'Well, my plan is progressing...now, my first target and victim I will gaslighted his pathetic ass and destroy his man's pride.... Roger Alpheus' Ingrid thought as she had a plan.

Hey guys, Author here.

Layla is over 1'000 years old like Ingrid but she's roughly a year older than Ingrid and a year younger than Klaus, Ingrid's brother.

Layla was born in North Africa, like in Tunisia or Algeria.

She met Ingrid when she was 19 years old and after she was turned into a vampire.

She used to have a Middle Eastern accent during the early Medieval Ages.

Her father's name was David while her mother's name was Talia.

Her legal last name David is pronounced da-veed.

Due to her being taken by Dracula, she lived most of her childhood to her young adulthood in his magical castle in Romania, Transylvania.

Her birthday is June 29.

Her parents named her 'Layla' because she was born in nighttime which is name Layla was often given to girls who were born in night and signifying them as "Daughter of the Night".

Ingrid and Layla are considered to be opposite personalities, Ingrid is more hotheaded, outspoken and blunt while Layla is calm, levelheaded and savvy.

Despite growing up with Judaism, she doesn't think badly other religions like Christianity or Muslim due to their beliefs are somehow similar but she can't stand with corrupt churches and their prejudiced actions.

Dracula taught her swordsmanship along with his advanced science like medicine and technology.

She finds the Ashkenazi Jews because they were more influenced with the European culture while Sephardic Jews and Mizrahi Jews stayed true their Middle East culture and roots.

Her height is 178 (5'10"), almost the same height as Ingrid.

She married Klaus when Diana was 16 years old.

Her wedding with Klaus was a mix of their cultures, Klaus's Viking Norwegian Wedding and Layla's Jewish Henna Wedding.

She wasn't surprised that Ingrid tries to kill Claude by knowing her well.

Her modern-day job is University History Teacher.

She's known as the Princess of Bats because she developed more bats' abilities.

Ingrid and Layla fought many wars together during the Dark Ages.

Ingrid described Layla's and Klaus's love story as "Love at First Beat" since Layla did beat up Klaus during their first counter.

Like Ingrid, she likes the movies and series like Scandal, Bridgerton, Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story, The Old Guard, Heart of Stone, The Mother, Extraction, and Mission Impossible film series.

Despite she values Hanukkah, she also likes Christmas.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.3K 3.3K 51
the cover does not belong to me What if Anathasia had an older sister? What if Claude got Diana pregnant in a one night stand and she gave birth bu...
147K 2.8K 49
[ COMPLETED ] collection of oneshots/short stories ( a few chapters )/ headcanons! may include lucas x athanasia/ felix x lilian fluff - spoiler fre...
537K 16.2K 40
In Lovely Princess what if Claude let Athanasia prove her innocence? If she were to survive what would happen? How would the story change? Will Athan...
4.5K 214 9
athanasia who has been in a loop of her life, dying and being reborn again and again because of her family, with finally catching a small break by be...