My Quiet Guy

By Amiya36

"Dance with me!" I speak as I drag him off the couch by his arms. His sleepy figure follows along with me as... More

Aesthetic Page-00
Chapter-01
Chapter-02
Chapter-03
Chapter-04
Chapter-05
Chapter-06
Chapter-07
Chapter-08
Chapter-09
Chapter-10
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
New Story Coming Up
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30/ Epilogue
Book Is Published

Chapter-11

6.5K 229 42
By Amiya36

Gabrielle Morgan

Today is my final and last week of tutoring Cameron. Last week was originally supposed to be it but he bombed his English test yet again.

I don't know how.

We studied day and night like damn rabbits even when we didn't have school for those two weeks.

I honestly think that he knows the material, just isn't focusing hard enough on it to really be in the moment.

If you know what I mean.

As I make my way to the library, mumbling to a song stuck in my head, I accidentally hit my arm on the side of a locker door.

Who the hell would be here after school right now?

I hiss and rub my arm, before looking at the locker and then the person who is standing in front of it.

Loren. Loren Carson.

The head cheerleader of our school and biggest bitch at that. She thinks everything is all about her and her pink fucking pompoms.

"Watch where you're going idiot." She speaks as she closes her locker. Looking me up and down like I did something to her.

"I was watching where I was going. You opened you're locker as soon as I turned the corner." I speak with a raised eyebrow.

"So, what's your point?" She chews her gum while looking at me with her arms crossed.

"My fucking point is you saw me out the corner of your fucking eye but still did it."

"Oh well it's not like it's broken or anything." I roll my eyes before going around her and to the library.

My day was going so well until that fucking incident.

My eyes search for Cameron but don't see him at our normal table. I look around more before sighing and going to the librarian to see if she's seen him.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Jane. I was wondering if you've seen Cameron around today."

She looks up from her computer. "I haven't. Did you guys have tutoring today?" I nod.

"Yeah it was going to be his last one. So he hasn't been here at all?" She shakes her head.

"No sweetheart. I'm sorry." She smiles before looking back at her computer.

I sigh before turning around and leaving the way I came through. I make my way to my car as the exact car like Cameron's pulls into the lot.

I shake my head while poking my cheek with my tongue. I enter my car but before I can shut the door, he calls my name.

"Gabrielle. Where are you going?" I raise a brow at him before shutting my door. I start the car and begin to pull off when he knocks on the window.

How the fuck.

I roll it down with an annoyed expression. "What man. I have places to be at certain time frames. Your messing that up."

He chuckles before crossing his arms. "Where are you going? We have a tutoring session, remember."

That makes me laugh.

"No you have a tutoring session by yourself. You didn't show up until I was about to leave. I don't care why or want to know why. Just know that I hope you do good on that exam that's coming up."

And with that I roll my window up and leave out the lot.

•••

I finally get home around five ten because I had to stop for gas. But knowing me gas is not the only thing I got.

I got candy along with a blue Gatorade and a few lollipops. I unravel one and stick it in my mouth.

I get my pots and pans out before washing my hands. I get every ingredient I need for my garlic butter steak and potatoes I'm going to make.

I get the bag of broccoli and cheese out the freezer before letting it sit for some minutes before popping it in the microwave.

I begin on cooking and the food is immediately done in about an hour and some change.

I plate it before my phone begins to ring. I pick it up and put it on speaker before speaking.

"Hello."

"Mama, come open the door." Enzo's voice rings through.

"Open the door? Why." I tease.

I can already see his eyes rolling and hear him groaning.

"Please. It's cold out here." I say okay before hanging up and going to the door. He's not lying when he said it was cold because it is.

I open it and see him with a bag in hand and something in the other hand behind his back.

He steps through and takes his shoes off and coat. "Something smells good. What is it?"

"Garlic butter steak and potatoes with a side of microwaveable broccoli and cheese." I grin.

He laughs while giving me the bag. "What's in this?" He looks at me with a blank expression.

"Ope-" I cut him off. "I know I know, open the bag and find out."

We laugh before going into the kitchen. I sit on the counter while he leans against the island. His eyes on me as I open the bag with his hand still behind his back.

With squinted eyes, I look at him then back at the bag. I open it to see a card, gummy's, a box of some sort, and a Gatorade.

I pick up the card and begin reading it.

'Thank you for being there for me. I love you and you're beautiful smile. I hope we can continue being friends for as long as possible. Even if I do something that'll mess it up.'

I frown as I place it down. "Why would you mess it up?" I question.

He shrugs. "I don't know. I just, I just don't want you to be shocked if I do perhaps do something that'll jeopardize it. Us."

I nod slowly, not fully understanding him and his meaning behind it.

I shake off the thought and get the little box out. It's black with a red ribbon around it.

I open it and gasp when I see the gold pillar bar inside. I turn it and look at the date that's on it and me and Enzo's name on it.

"What's the date for?" I ask confusedly.

"The date of when we became friends." I nod and smile.

The name engraved on it has literally Enzo on it and with me Gabby.

I giggle as I look at him to see him now holding a rose. A red rose.

I love red roses. One fact is I got into red roses when my mother took me to a rose garden a few years back when summer hit.

I was so excited all I talked about was the red roses we saw and how pretty they looked in sunlight.

As I get back to reality, I realize that our little nicknames we gave each other.

I get down from the counter and finally stand in front of him. His green eyes look down at me as my brown ones stare up at him.

My arms wrap themselves around his waist as his wrap around my shoulders.

Hugging him is like hugging a big teddy bear. His broad shoulders, long and muscular arms wrapped around me like a safe space.

A little cocoon of sorts.

They cute huh? I was gonna add drama but decided to wait it out. So this chapter was basically a... what do ya call it, misunderstanding.

I guess that would be the word.

Hell I don't know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.5K 1K 20
You know that feeling of being so broken, your entire body is numb and you no longer feel a thing? It happened to me. I shut down whenever someone t...
139K 5.7K 37
Many people don't know me, but I don't know who me is either. I can't tell you if I'm the loud or rude stereotypical black girl because Mom would say...
1.5M 86.3K 63
"You trust me?" I look up at him, staring into his light brown eyes that stared directly at me. It felt like he was staring into my soul trying to re...
212K 6.3K 28
COMPLETED I was so sad this night was going to end, and I'll have to go back to being myself again. But if I only get to have this kind of night onc...