Fighting for my life ~ dsmp

By Nightfox2298

Purpled plays on Hypixel, an illegal place that pays you if you win. What happens when people start to find... More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14

6

140 7 1
By Nightfox2298

    I woke up to the sound of DogChamp barking and growling at something.  I opened my eyes to see Punz and Sapnap trying to get my dog to be quiet.  It was still dark so I'm guessing they followed me here.  Good thing I didn't go to my cabin. 

    "What do you two want?" I spoke up.  The second I spoke DogChamp quit barking and looked at me.

    "We want you to come home," Sapnap said.

    "That's funny," I said while chuckling.

    "We're being serious Purp.  Come on.  We can help you get your stuff back," Punz said, taking a step closer.  DogChamp turned back to face my brothers and started growling again.

    "Seriously?" I asked.  "You haven't cared about me for years and now all of a sudden you want to take care of me.  Fuck off.  And don't call me 'Purp'."  I got up, grabbed my bag, and started walking in the opposite direction of them.  One of them grabbed my hand, stopping me from walking away.

    "Please," I heard Sapnap say, "we're sorry.  We never meant to shut you out.  We got so caught up with our own lives."

    "Oh so that's a good reason to leave a 9-year-old to fend for himself?" I snapped as I turned to face him.  "That's a good reason to leave a kid with no money, no protection, and no help?  Don't try that shit with me.  It won't work."  I got my hand out of his grasp and walked away.  I could hear them calling for me and apologizing but I didn't look back.  I wasn't about to let my guard down, trust them again, then get stabbed in the back again

    I was 9 when Tommy and I came through the portal to this world.  We had heard word of a nation that was tryin to gain its independence and Tommy immediately fell in love with it.  Probably due to his nature of wanting to win.  I never joined the country but I did keep a close eye on Tommy.  While Tommy was hanging out with these new people, I was making a house for the two of us to live in. 

    One day when I was working on the roof of the house I slipped and fell.  Luckily someone caught me before I hit the ground.  I looked up to see a teen with a white bandana in his black hair and a pair of cyan eyes.  He had a comforting smile as he set me down.  Next to him was another teen.  He had blonde hair and cerulean eyes.  The two had introduced themselves and we had grown quite close over the span of just a few months.  I had learned that the two were brothers, the blonde being a few years older.  After a while, the two adopted me as their brother.

    When L'Manburg and the Greater Dream SMP went to war, I was torn between helping my brothers and helping my friend so I stayed out of it all together.  A month before my 10th birthday, Sapnap and Punz quit visiting my house.  I thought they just got busy and couldn't visit.  But I thought for sure they would come celebrate my birthday seeing as I told them about it just a few days before.  I was alone the day of my birthday.  Tommy was with his new friends and my brothers were somewhere with Dream. I thought for sure they would remember next year though.  I was wrong.  Not once did they visit and not once did they celebrate my birthday.

    From then on I didn't trust anyone.  Everyone payed attention to Tommy and his group.  Not one person checked in on me.  So I turned to Hypixel.  I couldn't make money on the Dream SMP since no one really knew I existed.  I had to make money one way or another.  So I found out about Hypixel and got my pass.  I've been earning money that way since I was ten.

    Now that I'm almost 18, I have more experience and don't get hurt as easily.  Sure my body is littered with scars but they just prove that I got better and stronger. 

    I was pulled from my thoughts as DogChamp barked at me.  I was standing in front of the ruins of L'Manburg.  I guess I really got lost in my thoughts.  Why'd I even come here of all places? 

    "Purp?" I turned to see Tommy standing a few feet away.  It was still the middle of the night so why is he here.  "Are you okay?"

    "What are doing here?" I asked.  "It's the middle of the night."

    "I could ask you the same thing," he responded.  "But to answer your question, I was looking for you.  I had a feeling you'd be around here."

    "Go home Tom," I said trying not to be rude.  "It's late and you need sleep."

    "So do you," Tommy said.

    "I'm fine," I said blankly.  "I'm used to being up late."  In all honesty I really was tired and just wanted to sleep forever.

    "I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure someone who just lost their house and almost all their stuff is not fine," Tommy said in the same blank voice I had used.  He had a point.  I wasn't fine and I knew it.  I was simply hiding my pain from other people.

    "I'm fine really," I said.

    "Bullshit," he spat. 

    Tommy grabbed my hand dragged me away from what used to be L'Manburg.  I tired breaking free from him but my body was too tired to actually get away.  I eventually gave up and just let him take me to wherever we were going.  When we got to his house he pulled me inside sat me down on his bed. 

    "Get some sleep okay," Tommy said as pulled a blanket out of one of the chests.  He laid down on his couch as I reluctantly laid down on his bed.  DogChamp jumped up on the bed and laid with his head on my chest.  I passed out in an instant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I woke up feeling like shit.  I sat up and held my head in my hands as I felt a headache starting to form. 

    "You're up already?" I heard a voice say.  I turned my head slightly to see Tommy looking at me from a doorway.  "You didn't sleep very long.  We got here around 2:00 am.  It's now 6:00 am.  You should go back to sleep."

    "No can do," I said.  "I have to go rebuild and get new stuff."  I stood up and immediately got dizzy.  I picked up my bag and headed to the door.  "Thanks for the help.  I'm good now."

    "No you're not," he said.  "Lay back down and get some more sleep."

    I shook my head and headed out the door, DogChamp followed close behind.  I could tell he wanted me to lay back down too but I ignored it.  I got about two steps out the door before I stumbled.  I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, catching me from falling.

    "What was that about being all good now?" Tommy said, the smile evident through his voice.  "Come on, get back inside."

    I stood up and shook my head.  "I have to go," I said quietly.  I tried to walk away again but DogChamp had grabbed the cuff of my pants.  I looked down at him to see him signaling that I needed to sit down.  I reluctantly sat down with my back leaning on the wall on Tommy's house.  The moment I did, DogChamp laid down on my lap keeping me in place.  He really does act a lot like a therapy dog. 

    "See.  Even DogChamp knows you need to take a break," Tommy chuckled as he sat next to me. 

    I really wanted to get going so I wouldn't attract attention from anyone.  More specifically I didn't want Sapnap and Punz to know where I was.  I sat there for a few minutes petting DogChamp before I tried to get up again.  DogChamp immediately put his paws on my legs as Tommy put his hand on shoulder.  The two were trying to keep me from getting up.  I appreciated the fact they were trying to make sure I got enough rest but I seriously needed to keep moving.

    Just then I saw the two people I really didn't want to see walking in the distance.  I tried getting up again but Tommy and DogChamp forced me back down.  Punz and Sapnap spotted me and immediately ran towards us. 

    "Shit," I muttered under my breath as the got closer.

    Purpled, there you are," Sapnap said as they reached us.  "We've been looking everywhere for you."  I wanted to scoff at him but the bags under his and Punz's eyes confirmed what he was saying.

    "Thank you Tommy," Punz said.  "We've got it from here."  I looked at Tommy with rage as he nodded towards Punz. 

    Tommy kept me here for a reason.  He must have told Sapnap and Punz that I was here.  Tommy stood up then extended his hand to help me up as well.  I got up on my own and stared at Tommy. 

    "I'm sorry Purp," Tommy said.  "They were asking everyone where you were so I told them you were at my house."

    "Fuck you," I spat.  I had never once cursed at Tommy so it took him by surprise.  I turned on my heels and tried to walk off.  I was stopped by a hand grabbing my own.  I yanked my hand away and kept walking.

    "Purpled just listen to us please!" Punz tried.  "We're just trying to help you!"  I stopped dead in my tracks and whipped around to face them.  I probably shouldn't have done as it made my headache worse.

    "Help me?" I spoke, my voice filled with rage.  "Help me?!  You left me!  I was ten and you left me to fend for myself!  I don't want to hear your bullshit apologies!" Tommy's eyes went wide as he took in the information I just spilled.

    "I know what we did wasn't right but we're trying to make it up to you," Sapnap spoke quietly. He looked like he was on the verge of crying.

    "If you want to help me then leave me alone," I spat before walking off.

    I headed straight to the debris of my burnt house.  I never once stopped even though everyone I passed by tried to talk to me.  I only stopped when I reached my old house.  There was practically nothing left other than ashes.  I searched through the rubble and ash trying to find anything that might not have been burned.  I found a small metal frame and picked it up.  Turning it over I saw a picture.  It was of me, Sapnap, and Punz.  It was taken the day they adopted me as their brother.  So many emotions ran through me as I stared at the picture.  Anger, sadness, regret, and betrayal.  Sure I missed those days but they left me alone.

    I threw the picture back onto the ground and continued searching through the debris.  I couldn't find anything.  Everything was either broken, destroyed, or burnt.  I finally stepped back out of the ashes, which I was covered in, and just looked at them.  At least I could leave the past behind me and get over the memories that came with them.

    DogChamp and I left the burnt house and headed to the one place I knew Quackity would be.  He needed to pay for trying to kill my dog.

1950 words
More angst? Sure :) Love y'all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 58.5K 72
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
389K 6.3K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
356K 15.3K 39
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
218K 9.1K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...