Her Asset

De Unnie_Corn0

Amery Gem Thompson is a senior high school student in the ABM strand. She promised herself to focus on academ... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Epilogue

48 9 0
De Unnie_Corn0

Ivan Ace Davis

I'm here in the waiting shed. It was raining heavily, so I went here first. I am wearing a black hoodie and sitting in the waiting shed. I looked to my left and saw a girl sitting next to me.

She doesn't have any umbrellas with her. Maybe she's waiting for someone who will pick her up. I looked at my umbrella and decided to just give it to her.

I walked toward her. "Do you have an umbrella with you?"

She looked at me, and I swear to God, she made my world stop the moment I saw her. She has thin almond eyes, rosey cheeks, cute nose, and pink lips.

Umiling siya. "Nakalimutan kong magdala." Nahalata ko agad na nahihiya siya sa akin.

Inilahad ko ang payong ko sa kanya. "Here." I saw the shock on her face. "Pero paano ka?"

"Kunin mo na, ayos lang ako."  She took the umbrella and smiled at me. "Thank you. Hulog ka ng langit!"

I nodded. "You're welcome." Tumalikod ako sa kanya para umalis pero tinawag niya ako.

""Anong pangalan mo?"

"Ace." 

It's the first time that I've introduced myself by my second name.

"Thank you ulit, Ace!"

I smiled as I remembered that particular moment. I always think of her beautiful face and voice. Maybe she's my crush? Or do I already like her? 

I was about to go to sleep when I saw a message from Instagram.

Dump acc:

Hi, first of all, I made this account to confess my feelings toward you. I have a crush on you. We have the same school; I saw you in orientation. You're wearing a white t-shirt. And all I knew was that I had a big crush on you. Bat ka kasi nag open cam? Nakita kita tuloy kita. Just kidding, okay lang if hindi ka mag r-reply sa akin. Baka rin may girlfriend kana kaya naiintindihan ko. Take care always!

Wait, what?! She confessed her feelings toward me, but I didn't know how to react. It's not really my first time experiencing it. 

Ivan Ace:

Hi, I really admired how you expressed your feelings toward me. I like someone else. But, I am not yet 
prepared to accept the responsibility of being committed. I do believe in God's perfect time. God bless you.

I said that I liked someone else. She's the girl I met in the waiting shed. I want her to be mine.

What are you thinking, Ivan?

Ivan Ace:

And sorry if nag open cam ako, haha. Don't worry next time, hindi na.

Siya pala ay isang ABM student. Pareho pala kami ng university na pinasukan. Tinanong ko siya kung ano ang pangalan niya, pero hindi niya raw masabi dahil nahihiya siya. I suddenly remembered the girl I liked. She was also shy the first time I met her.

The other day, I was here at the mall with Laurence and Kent, their friends. We're here at the SkyFall, and we want to try the rides here.

Nag-uusap ngayon ang dalawa kong kasama. Maya-maya pa ay may narinig akong boses ng isang babae. Hindi ako lumingon sa kanila. Nakikinig lang ako sa usapan nila. Mukhang magkakaroon pa ata sila ng bagong kaibigan, ah?

Narinig kong nagpakilala ang mga kaibigan ko. Tinapik ako ni Laurence para humarap sa kanila. 

I saw the three girls and two boys in front of me. The last thing I saw made my heart stop. She's the one I've met in the waiting shed. She's the girl that I like.

What a great destiny, baby.

I saw her eyes widen when she saw me.

Naaalala niya ba ako? Pero mukhang malabo 'yon dahil hindi niya naman nakita ang mukha ko.

They introduced themselves to us. "Ako naman si Fatima. Heto naman si Migs, Julianna, Keith, and Amery."

Amery…

What a beautiful name you have! But I think it's better to call you baby. I spent my day with her. She's my partner while riding those rides. I'm content watching her secretly.

"Boyfriend mo ba 'yon?" Nakita ko na kausap niya ang Darrell na 'yon. He's from the ABM strand as well.

Umiling siya. "Hindi, alam mo namang wala akong boyfriend."

I asked her a few more questions, and I'm satisfied because she doesn't like that Darrell.

We have a Valentine's Day party at our university. I want to ask Amery to be my date. But I got annoyed when Darrell wanted to date Amery as well.

"Kung sino ang mananalo, siya ang i d-date ko."

That's easy, baby. I will win the game for you. I don't want to see her dating Darrell at that event.

"Now I have another reason to win this game."

Mas lalo akong ginanahan maglaro. Bawat pasok ko sa bola ay si Amery ang iniisip ko. The game ended, and we won. I smirked while glancing at Amery. I won't let any men take you away from me, baby.

"Ikaw si Ivan, 'di ba?" 

I nodded. "Why?" 

"Marriage booth po, nag-bayad si Claire sa amin." The other one replied to me. My jaw clenched because I was annoyed. I know that Claire likes me. 

Tumanggi ako sa kanila. Sinabi kong babayaran ko na lang ang binayad na pera ni Claire sa kanila. 

"Parang sayang naman ang pera na ibabayad mo sa amin. Wala ka bang gustong pakasalan? Marriage booth lang naman."

Well, I want to marry Amery, but in church.

"Ikasal nyo siya kay Amery!" Laurence shouted. 

I'm not really annoyed with him because of what he did. Because me and Amery got married in a marriage booth. Don't worry, baby. I will marry you in church when the right time comes.

I invited Amery to attend Sunday service in church. This was really my first time inviting someone to attend Sunday service. I was really happy the moment she said yes.

I want her to meet God before she meets the real me.

We planned to take a break from acads. We are here at a private resort. We'll stay overnight here.

Naglaro kami ng truth or dare. Ayaw ko talagang sumali, pero baka masabihan ako ng killjoy kapag hindi ako sumali.

Fatima dared Amery to tell the section of her crush. "S-stem ang strand." 

Who's that guy, baby? I can feel my heart slowly breaking. But I will do everything to win her. 

Nang tumapat naman ang bote sa akin ay si Laurence ang nagtanong. Umiling na lang ako dahil tungkol kay Amery na naman ang itatanong nito.

"Ang sabi mo, hindi ka pa ready sa commitment kaya hindi mo pa nililigawan si Ms. ABM. So, my question is. If I'm going to ask you the same question, Is your answer going to stay the same?"

"My answer is...no." 

"So may chance na ligawan muna si Ms. ABM bago ka makapag-doctor?" Kent asked.

"Yes." 

When I heard that Amery has a crush, my emotions got triggered to make her mine. Ayaw ko namang maunahan ako. 

Today is our Valentine's Day party. I will pick her up at their house. When I entered their house, I was amazed—not by the surroundings but by the person I like.

Amery was standing there elegantly. My heart pounded so fast when our eyes met. She never fails to make me feel this way.

She's so pretty. My baby is so pretty.

"May plano ka bang sumayaw kasama ang iba?" Tinanong ko siya habang nasa gitna kami. Para kaming may sariling mundo rito.

Umiling siya. "Wala naman...bakit? May plano ka bang isayaw ang iba babae?" 

"Good. And I'm not planning to dance with anyone except you, Amery. I want you to be my first and last dance, Amery."

I'm all yours, baby.

Pinagtutulakan niya ako kay Ms. ABM. Hindi niya alam na siya ang tinutukoy ko. Soon, baby. You will know soon. 

After the valentine's party, Laurence and Kent talked to me. 

"Ivan, nililigawan mo na ba siya?" 

Umiling ako. "I badly want to court her, Kent. But I want to confess my feelings to her first."

"Gusto mo bang malaman kung gusto ka rin niya?"

Nangunot ang noo ko sa tanong ni Laurence. "How will I know if she also likes me or not?"

He smirked. "Madali lang naman, eh. Iwasan mo muna siya, tapos tignan natin kung maapektuhan siya sa pag-iwas mo sa kanya. Kapag naapektuhan siya, malaki ang posibilidad na gusto ka niya. Kapag naman wala siyang pakialam sa'yo, sorry ka na lang."

Bumuntong hininga ako sa sinabi ni Laurence. Wala namang masama kung susunduin ko ang payo niya, 'di ba? 

I keep ignoring Amery's presence. Every time I see her sad eyes, I want to tell her everything.

We're at the cafeteria. My cousin Mila sat down with us. But I got worried when Amery suddenly stood up.

"Mauna na ako sa inyo. May gagawin pa kasi ako. Bye."

At sa pagkakataong 'yon ay wala na akong ibang naisip kung hindi siya. Hindi ko na kaya na hindi siya nakakausap o nakikita. I really missed her presence.

And that day, I confessed my feelings for her. I said to her that I would court her.She's jealous of me and Mila. She doesn't know that she's my cousin. Laurence's plan is really not bad. I know that she's already mine when she gets jealous of Mila.

My baby is so cute whenever she's jealous. My pretty baby was jealous of my cousin. Ah, so adorable, baby.

At noong sinabi niya ang kanyang nararamdaman sa akin, ako na ata ang pinakamasayang lalake na nabubuhay. Gusto niya rin ako! 

That day, I realized that I already loved her. Maybe I loved her back then. But I didn't realize it because it was the first time I felt that way.

And I kept on courting her until the day she answered me. Our graduation day became more special because she is now my girlfriend.

On our first anniversary, I took her on a picnic date. I gave her books as a gift. She loves books so much. But I was speechless when I received her gifts.

Isang hoodie na may tatak ng one piece. At mayroong isang box doon na may lamang one piece characters.

We also shared our first kiss. She got my first kiss, and I got her first kiss.

"Anak, gusto ng lolo at lola mo na sa New York mo ituloy ang med school."

Umawang ang labi ko. "Ma, hindi ko kayang iwan si Amery dito. Ayaw kong malayo sa kanya."

Bumuntong hininga ako. "Ayaw ko rin namang malayo sa'yo si Amery, Nak. Pero pagbigyan mo na ang lolo at lola mo, Ivan. Pwede ka pa rin namang umuwi rito sa Pilipinas."

Bumabagabag pa rin sa akin ang pinag-usapan namin ni Mama. But I have no choice but to study abroad.

I was speechless when Amery said that she was the girl who confessed to me years ago. We are really destined for each other.

I gave her a promise ring. "I'm giving you this promise ring to promise you that no matter what happens to us, I will always find a way to come back home, baby."

It's been two years since I've been here in New York. I missed my family, friends, and especially Amery. I only get a chance to talk to her when I'm not busy. It's also hard because the time here isn't the same as hers.

Palagi rin ang paglapit ni Claire sa akin dito, pero hindi ko ito binibigyan ng pansin. Ilang beses ko na rin itong tinapat na wala akong nararamdaman para sa kanya.

"Uuwi ako ngayon, pero bukas na tayo magkikita niyan. We will celebrate our 5th anniversary when I come back. Wait for me, okay?"

"Okay, take care, Ivan. I love you."

"I love you, too, Amery."

Sumakay ako ngayon sa kotse ko para pumunta sa airport. Pero habang nagmamaneho ako ay may ingay akong narinig.

The next thing I knew, I was soaking in my own blood. My vision got blurry, and I can't breathe properly.

Please God, save me. My girlfriend is waiting for me. Don't let me die for now, God. Hindi ko pa po nadadala sa harap niyo si Amery para pakasalan.

I woke up in the hospital, and I don't remember what happened before I got here. I was about to get up when the door opened. I saw the man in a white suit. I guess this is the doctor. He smiled at me and then asked a few questions.

"Thank God, you're awake. How are you feeling?"

I sighed. "I'm good, Doc. What happened to me? Why am I here at the hospital?"

"Do you know that you're in New York right now?"

Umiling ako. "The last thing I remember is that I was in the Philippines. Why am I here in New York? I'm confused right now, Doc."

"You have retrograde amnesia, Mr. Davis. That's why you don't remember half of your memories. There's someone who wants to talk to you. Maybe she can help you remember again.

I nodded. "Thank you, Doc."

Lumabas siya at sinarado ang pinto. Isang minuto ang lumipas at bumukas ulit ang pintuan. Iniluwa nito ang isang babae na hindi pamilyar ang mukha sa akin.

"Who are you?" 

Lumapit ito sa akin at akmang yayakapin niya ako nang pigilan ko ito. Nagulat siya nang bahagya sa aking ginawa. 

"I'm your girlfriend, Ivan. You were involved in a car accident, which is why you're here. The doctor said that you have amnesia, so you can't remember me. But do not worry, Ivan, I won't leave your side."

I can't process what she was saying. I am still speechless about what's happening. I looked at her, but I couldn't feel anything toward her.

I continued medical school. It was worth it because I graduated Magna Cum Laude. I talked with Mama, and she said that I should come to the Philippines.

"Ivan, may ipapakilala ako sa'yo. Mga kaibigan mo sila, Anak. Sumama ka sa kanila para makasama mo sila. Matagal ka na nilang gustong makita."

Tumango ako kay Mama. Hindi naman masama na sumama ako. I want to make new memories with them. 

"I'll go with you, Ivan." Claire said.

Bumuntong hininga na lang ako at tumango.

I tried to break up with her, but she said that she would take her own life. It's one of my worries because I don't really want her besides me.

We're here at the airport, and I am with my Mom and Claire. We are waiting for my friends here.

"Nandito na pala sila! Wait, ipapakilala ko sila sa'yo, Anak."

Isa-isa silang bumaba sa sasakyan. Tumalikod ako sa kanila dahil hindi ko alam kung paano ko sila babatiin. 

"You're here! Ivan, look! They're your friends."

I turned around to look at them. Their faces may not be familiar, but I feel like I know them already.

My eyes remained on the girl wearing black sunglasses. My heart pounded rapidly when I saw her. I don't know why, but her presence has had a great impact on me.

Mom introduced them to me. I am silently practicing their names in my mind.

"And you're?..."

"Amery...Amery Gem."

"Amery." I whispered.

Her name definitely suits her. It makes me want to say her name over and over again.

What I felt in the airport when I saw her didn't fade. I always find myself looking at her. Claire also noticed that. I also can't answer her. I can't understand myself. But I want her beautiful smile. It makes me want to put a smile on her face. And I want to be the reason for her smile.

"Claire, I want to break up with you. You know that from the very first start, I never had feelings for you. Please, Claire, I want to free myself from you. I can't return your feelings to me. I'm sorry, Claire."

"Kaya ka ba nakikipag-hiwalay sa akin ay dahil sa Amery na 'yon?! Kitang-kita ko kung paano ka tumingin sa kanya, Ivan!"

I slowly nodded. "I like her, Claire. The first time I saw her, I felt something that I've never felt. She can make my heart beat rapidly pounding. Only Amery can do that, Claire."

Kausap ko ngayon sa phone si Mama. Tinatanong niya kung uuwi ba ako bukas sa bahay.

"Dito na lang muna po ako sa condo ko, Mama."

Her face suddenly got sad. "Sayang naman, kung ganoon. Pupunta pa naman si Amery bukas dito."

Bumangon agad ako sa aking pagkakahiga, at nagulat ako sa sinabi ni Mama. 

"I will come tomorrow, Ma."

Before I ended the call, I heard Mom's chuckle. Well, see you tomorrow, Amery.

Today is my Mom's birthday party. I fetched Amery from her condo. She was definitely stunning when I saw her. I was with her the whole party. I always follow her with my gaze.

She went to the restroom, and I waited for her. A few minutes later, they decided to go because it was already late in the evening. I drove her to her condo.

Bumalik ako sa event at nakita ko ang isang babae na tumatakbo papalapit sa akin. Sa tingin ko ay teenager pa lang siya.

"Kuya, naiwan po ni ate Amery 'tong singsing niya sa cr. Hindi ko na po siya nakita kaya sa'yo ko na lang po ibibigay."

I took the ring from her and stared at it. This ring looks familiar to me, huh? At that time, my head suddenly hurt too much. The memories that I had lost suddenly came back. Everything flashed back to me while I had a headache.

I fell to the floor. I don't remember what happened next. I just woke up, and I'm in the hospital. My eyes immediately searched for Amery. I need to see her. I need to see my girlfriend. She needs to know that I remember everything now.

"Baby."

I hugged her tightly, as if I hadn't seen her in a long time. I promise I will get back to you. For the years you are not with me, I'll make it up to you.

Nalaman ko lahat ng mga ginawa ni Claire sa amin. Napatawad ko na siya sa kanyang mga kasalanan. Humingi rin siya ng tawad sa amin kaya naging maayos na ang lahat.

I'm planning to propose to Amery on her birthday. I want to make her special day more special because she deserves it.

My hands were shaking while I was kneeling down on the floor. She turned her back to me, so she couldn't see me. My hands are now wet because I'm really nervous.

"Will you marry me, baby?"

She nodded. "Yes...I will, Ivan."

I put the ring on her finger. The ring perfectly fits her. I looked at her and kissed her on the forehead. We smiled at each other. The smile on our faces speaks to how happy we are right now.

The girl I liked before she finally became my wife. The girl for whom I'm praying to God finally marries her in front of God.

We may have challenges in our relationship, but we conquer them together. God gave us a heart like David's so we could beat our own Goliath.

She is my serenity, and I am...

Her asset

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

Alexandra Rose De <3

Ficção Adolescente

272K 8.2K 45
It's been ten years since the Stones family lost their little girl. In those ten years, Alexandra Rose has grown up with an abusive foster father wh...
1.7K 268 11
"I want the you who wants me again." Flawless Heartless
taguan/tagpuan De arie

Ficção Adolescente

1.5K 301 61
si khaleesi at si kyn
8.2M 240K 41
"So this was all just a game to you . . .this whole time, you pretended to like me in order to humiliate me in front of the entire school?" An air of...