The Prankster in Love

By Melizza_Jane

Melissa Black is the only child of Sirius Black. Her mother, Karis Davidson, unfortunately passed giving birt... More

Cast
Life at the Manor
Diagon Alley
Hogwarts Express
Gryffindor or Slytherin
Lissa
Lissa's First Prank
The Map
Halloween
Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor
Christmas
Snapebombs
Rose's are Red Part 1
Roses are Red Part 2
What About draco?
Questions
See You Later
Summer Part 1
Summer Part 2
Summer part 3
Summer Part 4
Harry Potter
Like Father Like Daughter?
Pure Blood
TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!
The Happy Normal Family
The Potions Partner
First's
Don't Make Him Mad
Finally, Christmas
Did It Even Happen?
The Dragon

Don't Lie To Eddie

17 1 0
By Melizza_Jane

Lissa's POV

It was the first Tuesday after being back from Christmas break and I was on my way to the library to meet Cedric. To say I was nervous was an understatement. My hands were shaking and sweating. I don't want to answer any of his questions about Eddie. It also didn't help that this morning Narcissa replied to my letter about Draco by telling me off for touting on my little cousin.

I walked into the library and straight to our usual table, where Ced was already sitting. As I got closer, I noticed he hadn't got any homework out on the table yet. I went to sit down and started to get my books out.

"Have you got loads of homework to catch up on Mel?" He asked leaning forward, his elbows on the table.

"Just one essay for Potions, but it's not due until Friday. Why?" I questioned him.

"I was thinking we could go somewhere else and practise some spells."

"I would love that. Where were you thinking?"

"There's an empty classroom on the fourth floor."

"Let's go." I said getting back up and grabbing my things and pushing my nerves to the back of my mind.

We walked to the empty classroom one floor up from the library.

"So what spells are you currently learning?

"The engorgement charm in charms class, the softening charm in transfiguration and the disarming charm in defence against the dark arts."

"Okay, lets practise the disarming charm, do you remember the incantation?"

"Expelliarmus."

"Go on then." He said holding his wand out in front of him.

"You want me to disarm you? But you're not attacking me."

"And what if someone were attacking you and you had never practised the spell before?"

"Okay, fair. This still feels wrong though."

"Just do it Mel."

I raised my wand, focused on Cedric's hand and repeated the incantation. "Expelliarmus" His wand went flying into the air and he even stumbled back slightly.

"Wow, that was pretty powerful Mel. Well done."

I felt really proud of myself. I'm sure the smile on my face said it all.

"Right, do it again, but this time I'm going to try and disarm you too."

"Okay."

"Three...two...one."

"Expelliarmus." We both cast the spell at the exact same time but it was mine that worked.

Cedric stood there in there in shock for a moment before he picked up his wand.

"Expelliarmus." He cast the spell again but I was too quick for him and was able to disarm again. "I'm impressed, you're an amazing witch." He said with a smile.

We carried on practising the disarming charm and I even had a go at using the engorgement charm on an old ink pot we found, while Cedric practised the shrinking spell to reverse it.

"Engorgio" I cast the spell.

"Mel?" Cedric sounded nervous.

"Yea?" I replied as I watched the ink pot grow over ten times its size.

"Reducio. Is Eddie okay?"

"What do you mean?" I knew exactly what he meant.

"That day in the library before Christmas, he seemed a bit...off."

"That's just him. Engorgio." He looked at me weird. "Well, he wasn't in a great mood that day."

"I noticed." I gave him a weird look. "He's not...he's treating you...sigh...he's not hurting you, is he?"

"Of course he's not! How dare you even think that!" I packed up my stuff and headed for the door.

"Mel, stop, I'm sorry. I'm only trying to look out for you."

"I can look after myself." I replied without turning to face him. My face would tell a different story than what my words were. I walked out the door and didn't look back.

As I got to the top of the stairs on the 7th floor, I started feeling light headed, so I stopped and leant against the cold stone wall for a moment.

What did I just do? Why did I lie? Should I have told Cedric the truth? No. I shouldn't have stormed out though either. What if I've lost him as a friend? He probably hates me. I really need to apologise.

Holly's POV

"Where do you think you're going, mudblood?" I heard as I started down the stairs to the dungeons. I knew who it was, so there was no way I was going to turn around to them.

"Mudblood." Said another one. They were following me down the stairs so I went as fast as I could to try and get away.

I got to the bottom of the stairs and was about to start running for it when I tripped on something and fell to the floor, my books going everywhere. I could hear them all laughing. "Nice one Neal." I heard Reuben say.

I didn't wait around to find out what way they wanted to try and torture me this time. I got up and grabbed my bag and books, but Mateus was already tearing the pages out of my astrology text book.

"What are you doing down here, mudblood?" Asked Neal.

Forget the book, I can get another from the library. I ignored Neal and started sprinting off to where I was supposed to be meeting Heather, but they were following me.

"Oi, mudblood, Neal asked you a question!" Shouted Reuben as I rounded the corner.

I could see Heather at the end of the corridor by the door that leads out to the lake. I sped up even more. I reached Heather pretty quickly, she looked very confused. "Why were you running?" She asked.

"I..was...." I panted as I turned to point at the Slytherin boys, but there was no one there. "I was....just trying to...get you...thought I was late." I lied as I looked at my watched.

"Whatever." She said rolling her eyes. "What do you want to do?"

"I want to hear about how you're finding Hogwarts, have you been to the owlery yet?"

"No."

"Okay well let's go there."

*

"Wow, I didn't know there were so many owls here." Said Heather looking all around her. The owlery is one of my favourite places at the castle. It's a circular room located at the top of the west tower of the castle. The room has no glass in the windows, so that the owls can freely fly in and out, and the stone walls are lined with, what I guess you would call, cubbies for the owls to rest in. The only downside to my favourite place is the floor. It is completely covered in straw, I guess it makes it easier for Filch to clean up all of the owl's mess. It's basically a toilet and a mouse graveyard.

"Most of them belong to the school I think, the rest belong to other students." I replied as I gave a treat to a jet-black sooty owl.

"Why didn't we get a pet?"

"I guess it wasn't exactly at the top of my list when we first found out."

"Hmm." Replied Heather as stroked a brown barn owl. "I'm going to ask them for a pet for next year."

"Who?" I knew fine rightly who she meant.

"Karen and Nevin." She said with a sour tone.

"Mum and dad." I raised my voice slightly without meaning to. Hearing her call them by their names really annoys me.

"I'm never calling them that again!" She spat at me.

"Don't be so mean. If it wasn't for them we could still be in an orphanage."

"They lied to us!" She shouted making a few owls fly off.

"They were always going to tell us some day. They also never actually lied to us, they just never told us the truth."

"Holly, our whole life is a lie." She was starting to tear up.

"They've given us everything and more. You need to be more grateful of them and stop treating them so bad."

"How have.."

I didn't let her finish that sentence. "How? Are you kidding me? You ruined Christmas. You fought with them the entire time we were at home. Mum was in tears nearly every day because of you, because you started an argument with them from the moment you woke up till the moment you went to bed. You didn't even open you're Christmas presents, presents that they got for you, presents that they knew you would like, presents that they paid for with their money. FOR YOU!"

By the time I was finished having a go at her she was staring at me with the most hateful look in her eyes, tears streaming down her face.

"Heather, I'm sorry. I don't mean to yell at you." I started to walk over to her, but she backed away from me and ran out of the owlery.

Lissa's POV

"Ohh Liss, tell me you didn't do this again." Said Maddi.

I looked up from my potions essay to see what she was talking about. I had forgotten all about Valentine's Day and the roses were now being handed out during lunch.

"No, I didn't." I said with a giggle as I went back to my essay.

About five minutes later I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see Marilyn, a 7th year Hufflepuff, handing me two roses.

"Oh, thank you."

"You're welcome, Melissa." Said Marilyn and then asked. "Who is Maddi Mcfarland?"

Maddi raised her hand looking terrified.

"You're a very popular girl." Said Marilyn as she started to select the roses with Maddi's name on them.

"Am I?"

"Well so far, you've got the most roses I've handed out to day." She handed Maddi five roses. Maddi took them her face going a bright shade of red with a very concerned look on it.

"And you must be Holly Morris." Marilyn handed Holly one rose and as I looked at Holly, who was sitting directly in front of me, my eyes shot to the person sitting two tables behind her. Ashe Calvert was fixated on the back of her head.

It must be him. What if he's doing it as a joke? But he's not like his friends. Is he? What if they've gotten him to do it?

Just then the bell rang for the end of lunch and the hall was filled with the rustling of bags being packed and benches being pushed along the stone floor. I packed up my essay and got up to head out of the hall with my friends. As we got to the end of the Gryffindor table I was met by Eddie.

"Mind if I steal my girlfriend for a few minutes?" He asked Holly, Maddi and Katie.

"See you in class Melissa." Said Katie, Holly and Maddi followed her looking back at me.

I waved to my friends and went to give Eddie a kiss on the cheek as we started to walk to class, but he pushed me away. "What's wrong?" I asked.

He didn't reply to me but he did speed up.

I asked again. "Eddie what's wrong?"

He kept walking, not looking at me. "Like your rose?"

"Of course I do, I love it."

He looked down at my bag. "And the other one?"

"It's pretty too, but I don't know who it's from."

He grabbed me by the wrist and puled me over to the wall in front of everyone.

"Don't lie." He said through gritted teeth. "Who is he?"

"I don't know."

"You're lying."

"You're hurting me." He still had a hold of my wrist but he was now also using his other hand to hold me against the wall by my torso.

Everyone was watching.

"And you're embarrassing me." He said as he leaned his face closer to mine. "If you didn't lie to me, I wouldn't have to do this Melissa. Tell me the truth or.."

He was cut off.

"Everything okay here Melissa?" It was Kirsty McWilliams from Hufflepuff.

"All good here Kirsty." Said Eddie.

"I was asking Melissa." She didn't take her eyes off me.

I wanted to tell her. I was screaming for help in my head. I wanted her help, but what would Eddie do? I can't risk her getting hurt because of me. I just nodded in response right as the final warning bell for class rang.

She looked as relived as I felt. "Let's get to class then." She waited until Eddie had started to walk and stayed close behind us the whole way to Herbology. For the rest of the day, she kept an eye on me. It made me feel safe.

Maddi's POV

Holly and I were getting more and worried about Eddie, so we had decided to try and do a little digging of our own. This meant that I was currently making out with Tyler Shannon, Eddie's roommate, behind a suit of armour in the armoury.

So far, he hadn't really answered any of my questions, but I didn't mind, he was a good kisser. I need to start asking more about his other roommates though, I don't want to make it obvious that I'm only using him to find out about Eddie.

"What about Lee and Marcus? What are they like?"

"Why do you keep asking me about my roommates?"

Shit. "Well..I just..I was just trying to find out if they would be out of your dorm, maybe we could go there. You know instead of hiding behind this suit of armour, because that one over there keeps watching us." As I said that the suit of armour that was watching us snapped back into position.

"Ha, well I guess, Lee will be in the library, Marcus will be trying to find the kitchens, like he has done from our first day in first year, and Eddie will be off with Melissa, or trying to find her at least."

"Find her?"

"Yea, when she's off with her cousin he says he wants to make sure she's safe."

"Is he stalking his own girlfriend?"

"I don't know if I'd call it stalking."

"I would."

"Come on, let's just go back to my empty dorm room and continue this in privet?" He said as he went to kiss me again, but unfortunately for him I found out all I needed to hear. So, I was very much done with this meeting.

I pulled away from him and started to walk backwards. "You know, I actually have that history of magic essay to finish for tomorrow so maybe another time. I didn't let him answer me back and turned to keep walking.

He's fucking stalking her. What the hell is wrong with him? I need to find Holly. I started up the stairs to get to the common room when I heard someone call my name from behind me.

"Maddi. Maddi wait up."

"Kirsty? You good?" Why the hell is Kirsty McWilliams running after me?

"Yea, no I'm fine, but I don't think Melissa is."

"Don't tell me, Eddie."

"Yea." I rolled my reply at her answer.

"Okay before you tell me, we need to find Holly because I have some information to tell her on the matter in hand too. Okay follow me to Gryffindor tower, I'll go in and get Holly and then we can go somewhere privet to talk."

Lissa's POV

Eddie was running towards me with a massive smile on his face. I was walking with Holly and Maddi to the quidditch pitch, along with the rest of the school. It was finally time for the match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff that Snape was refereeing.

We were sure to lose.

The whole team was finding it hard to be cheerful over the last week, even Fred and George had been sulking.

Eddie gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and said hello to me and my friends. "Mind if I join you three today?" He asked hopefully.

He's never once spent time outside of class with me AND my friends. "Sure, if you two don't mind." I asked looking at my two best friends.

They gave each other a look. I'm sure they are as surprised as I am.

"Yea, sure." Said Holly.

"Why not." Said Maddi.

We were able to get a pretty good spot in the stand, considering the entire school had shown up to this match.

"Look, even Dumbledore is here." Said Holly pointing to the higher up stands across from us.

"And?" Questioned Eddie.

"Snape's refereeing." I informed him.

"Again, and?" He questioned.

"Well, Snape can't favour Hufflepuff over Gryffindor now, just because it will help Slytherin win the cup."

"He wouldn't have done that with or without Dumbledore."

"Are you joking? He hates all Gryffindors, especially Harry."

"He doesn't hate you."

"How do you know?" I said crossing my arms waiting for an explanation.

"He paired us up." He said holding my hand, causing me to uncross my arms as my body slightly melted at his words.

I didn't get to take in this nice side of Eddie for very long.

"Wonder how long Potter's going to stay on his broom this time? Anyone want a bet? What about you Weasley?"

Draco.

I went to go over and tell him off but Eddie stopped me.

"Ignore him. Look, the match has started."

He was probably right by stopping me, I would have just made the situation worse by shouting at him in front of everyone. Ron was ignoring him anyway.

"For Godric sake George." Shouted Maddi. He had just hit a bludger towards Snape earning Hufflepuff a penalty.

As Snape was awarding Hufflepuff another penalty for no reason at all, I could hear Draco again.

"You know how I think they choose people for the Gryffindor team? It's people they feel sorry for." I looked at Eddie who gave me a look to say no. "See there's Potter, who's got no parents, then there's the Weasley's, who've got no money. You should be on the team Longbottom, you've got no brains."

My blood was boiling. How can he be so mean?

"I'm worth twelve of you Malfoy." Said Neville turning to face him.

"You tell him Neville." Said Ron who was not taking his eyes off the match.

"Go on Neville." I whispered to Eddie.

"Braver than he looks." Commented Eddie.

"Longbottom, if brains were gold, you'd be poorer than Weasley, and that's saying something."

"I'm warning you Malfoy, one more word."

"Don't do it Ron, don't let him get to you." I whispered.

"Harry." Shouted Hermione pointing towards the ground, pulling my attention away from Draco.

Harry was diving towards the ground, earning cheers from the crowded stands. He shot past Snape at full speed nearly crashing right into him. Seconds later he was pulling up out of the dive with his arm in the air.

We won. The crowd erupted into cheers again. Eddie, my friends and I were cheering and celebrating. "That was so fast." I said.

"Has to be some sort of record." Said Maddi.

Holly's face dropped as she turned to face me. "Umm, Liss." She said pointing behind me. I turned to see fists flying in all directions.

Crabbe and Goyle were beating up Neville and Ron and Draco were punching the shit out of each other. I ran over to grab Draco while Hermione got Ron. Eddie and the girls tried to free Neville from underneath Crabbe.

I dragged Draco out of the stands by his scarf, away from everyone.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"He started it."

"No, he did not!"

"How would you know?"

"Draco, I was basically right beside you. You were taunting him from the moment you got into the stands."

He didn't say anything, he knew he was in the wrong.

"Does that hurt?" I asked as I poked the bruise appearing around his eye.

"Ow! Yes, yes it does."

"Good" I stood there with my arms crossed watching my cousin try to wipe the tears that had rolled down his face from the pain. "What are you doing the rest of the day?"

"Nothing you'd like, why?"

"Well why don't we keep you out of trouble for one day and do something?"

"Like what?"

"Well, I was maybe going to keep this a secret from you but as long as you don't tell anyone, and I mean ANYONE!"

"Just tell me what it is!" I raised my eyebrows at him. "Please." He said with a sigh.

I smiled at him. "Okay, come with me." I started to run off so he would follow quickly, seeing as everyone was starting to leave the stands, we needed to get there quickly so no one would see us.

I stopped us in front of the one-eyed witch statue.

"Why are we here? And why did you make me run?" He said slightly out of breath.

"We need to make sure no one sees us." I said looking around making sure no one was around before saying the password. "Dissendium." The witch's hump started to move and Draco's face lit up.

I started to climb up onto the statue to go down the slide. "You coming?" I asked him with a grin on my face. He clambered up the statue following me.

I took him through the passage way explaining that it's a long walk to where we were going but that it was going to be so worth it when we get there. He kept asking me where but I wasn't giving up the surprise.

When we did get to Honeydukes an hour later I told him that we have to be quiet when we were in here or I would leave him here to get in trouble by himself. He agreed to stay quiet so I went up first and made sure there no one in the store room. There wasn't so we went through the trapdoor, and when Draco realised where we were he nearly fainted.

"How long have you known about this passageway?"

"Since my first day."

"And you're only showing me now?" He whisper shouted.

"Well, you've been a bit of a prat since you got here and today was no different Draco."

He rolled his eyes at me but didn't say anything, he knows I'm right.

"Okay, the only way I'm allowing you to take anything from here is if you promise to leave the money for it. Take as much as you want, but you have to pay Draco."

"Uggh fine."

We spent about 10 minuets picking out all sorts of sweets that we loved and when we were done, we both left a few galleons sitting on the side. We walked the hour back to the castle through the passage way. When we got back, we went to sit down by the lake to eat out sweets.

We spent the afternoon there eating and chatting, Draco said he was having problems in Herbology so I said I would help him one day this week in the library.

"What about muggle studies, how are you finding that?"

"What are you talking about? We don't take muggle studies until third year if we want to and I will not be wanting to."

"Are you kidding me? Ohh my Godric, your father is crazy."

"Are you telling me you take muggle studies?"

"Yes, it's part of the curriculum, until third year if you want to drop it. I bet Lucius has had them take it off for your year."

"Thank Salazar he did. I wouldn't want to waste my time on such disgusting nonsense."

"It's actually quite interesting actually, muggle technology is getting really advanced. Still don't understand how a phone works though."

He rolled his eyes in disgust at me as the dinner bell rang.

"Race you?" I said giving him no option as I sped off ahead of him.

I got outside the great and stopped to see how far behind me he was. I couldn't see him, in fact, I couldn't see anything as I felt myself fall to the floor and everything went completely black and quiet. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER

I do not own any of these characters except Melissa, Holly, Madison, Heather, Kirsty, Neal, Tyler, Lee, Karen and Nevin. The rest belong to J.K. Rowling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

591K 13.4K 200
P A R T O N E Electra was born to Sirius and Nova Black When she was young Sirius was convicted of a crime he did not commit, which would have lef...
637K 15.7K 80
Prophecy states a child born on the sixteenth of June will rise as a strong witch, loyal to her own, with a rare ability. Shall she aid the Dark Lord...
733 10 70
Artemis Victoria Malfoy was the younger Twin sister to none other than Draco Malfoy himself and growing up, the both of them have always been close b...
4.1K 173 41
Fred Weasley x OC x Theo Nott Fic Gianna Lupin-Black, daughter of Remus Lupin and Sirius Black grows up over the hill from the Weasleys. Will she lis...