Lissa

Everyone had been sorted into their houses and Holly was sitting in front of me beside Lee, I couldn't have been happier that she got into Gryffindor with me. Dumbledore stood up and addressed the school with a few announcements. "Firsts years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students."

"Why?" I heard Holly whisper to Lee.

"Dangerous creatures live in there like werewolves, trolls and chimaeras."

Her eyes widened as she went back to listening to Dumbledore.

"Let the feast begin" said Dumbledore as he waved his hands across the room and out of nowhere the tables were filled with food, the full makings of a roast dinner plus so much more. I didn't know where to start. It was the same with dessert there were towers of profiteroles and ice cream, banoffee pie , chocolate cake, lemon meringue, trifle and every flavour of jelly.

Holly definitely forgot about the deadly creatures in the forbidden forest once the food appeared but when the ghosts started to appear while we were eating she got a bit jumpy again. Even I did when the Gryffindor ghost popped his head up from the middle of the platter of sausages right in front of us. "Alright Sir Nicholas." Lee greeted him like an old friend.

"Ah welcome back boys." He bowed to Lee, Fred and George and his head nearly fell off his neck, if hadn't of still been attached by a single strand of skin. Holly dropped her chicken leg and sat there in shock.

"That's nearly headless Nick." George informed us.

*

Once the feast was over everyone had to go to their dorms and the first years were told to follow their prefect who would show them how to get to their common rooms. Our prefect was Charlie Weasley who I had met that day in Diagon Alley with the rest of his family. "Glad to see you got into Gryffindor Melissa, you're going to have lots of fun this year I'm sure but please don't let my idiot brothers hoodwink you into their pranks."

"I'm so excited to be here and be in the same house my parents were in, but I can't make any promises on not pulling pranks." I said with a giggle. He shook his head while smiling at me and then guided us first years through the castle to the Gryffindor common room.

We stopped outside a large painting that asked us for a password and Charlie replied with, "Caput Draconis." The lady in the painting smiled and then the painting swung open revealing an arch way in the wall which we followed Charlie through into a large cosy living room. The fire was crackling in front of a huge sofa and a few armchairs, scattered around the room were a few tables and chairs and the walls were covered in moving paintings and woven tapestries.

"This is the Gryffindor common room, this is where you will hang out with your friends and do your homework and studying. Your dormitories are up the stairs behind me, boys are on the left and the girls are on the right. Now if any boys try going into the girls dorms the stairs to the right will change into a slide, please remember that when Professor McGonagall has to come and transform them back into stairs and you lose us house points." Charlie said with a serious but also slightly cheeky grin on his face.

Holly and I got to our dorm where we found four fourposter beds with luggage sitting on them. The room was circular in shape and the four beds were evenly placed in-between the three windows each with its own desk, chair and mirror. The room was decorated in the Gryffindor red and gold colours, the bedding and drapes on the bed posts matching red with a gold threading design. In the centre of the room stood a stove heater. Beside the door we came in through was another door, this was the rooms bathroom. There was a single shower, a single toilet and two sinks. The wall above the sinks was covered by a mirror which had a gold frame. The tiles were plain white and the fixtures and fittings were all gold. Holly found her luggage on the far-left bed closest to the bathroom and I was beside her.

The door opened and a girl who introduced herself as Katie Bell walked in, her bed was on the far right beside the door. We sat on our beds for a few minutes chatting when the door flew open and another girl walked in and stood there with her arms crossed looking at us all. "So I take it this is my bed then?" She rhetorically asked while walking towards the last bed in-between Katie and I.

The room felt kind of awkward after the way this girl stormed in so I decided to break that awkward tension "Hey, I'm Melissa Black this is Holly Morris and Katie Bell." After I introduced us the girl seemed to relax a little.

"Hey, my name is Madison McFarland, Maddi for short."

We all sat and got to know each other, where we came from, when our birthdays were, who our families are and yet again I had to explain all about my father and living with the Malfoy's, thankfully Maddi didn't seem to care but Katie looked a little taken aback by it all.

Katie decided she was going to take a shower so she obviously used our dorm rooms privet bathroom and of course the second she got in I was busting for the toilet. "I'm gonna have to go down to the common room toilets before there's a puddle here."

"We'll come with you." Holly said looking at Maddi who asked "Why?"

"Cause that's what girlfriends do, they always go in groups to the toilet together." Holly replied grabbing her wrist marching her towards me as I opened the door. As we got into the common room I bolted straight into the toilets Holly and Maddi following swiftly behind me.

"I don't get this, do we have to pee as well or does she need us to wipe her arse?" Maddi said with a scoff.

"LANGUAGE!" Shouted Holly.

"Oh gurn up I only said arse." Making me giggle to myself.

As we left the bathroom two familiar fiery red heads appeared in front of us blocking our way. "Hey Lissa" said Fred. I looked up at him with a smile, I liked this new nickname from him.

"Who's this then?" Asked George.

"This is Madison or Maddi for short, Maddi this is Fred and George the schools resident pranksters." Maybe I shouldn't have said this it seemed to give them a bit of an ego boost.

"Nice to meet you Maddi." They said in unison.

"So Lissa we were wondering if you wanted to start your pranking career a little early? Perhaps tonight?" Fred asked me.

"Ohhh what did you two have in mind?" I was intrigued to say the least.

"Well we know a spell to turn someone's hair green for twenty-four hours." Said George.

"And as we all know Filch will be out roaming the halls in about an hour." Said Fred.

"So we thought we would...."

"Turn Filch's hair green for twenty-four hours. Yes I am so in, when are we doing this?" I interrupted George excitedly.

"Shall we say eleven? Filch is usually near the library at that time." said Fred.

"Always takes the same route round the castle." Claimed George shaking his head.

"Guys that's after curfew you'll get detention." Holly said sternly.

"A little detention doesn't scare me." I said with a smirk.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER

I do not own any of these characters except Melissa, Holly and Madison. The rest belong to J.K. Rowling.