sanguine | a.u

By _missauthor

four stories, one book. For one reason or another, these eight individuals never had luck with love. Whether... More

𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞
𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐞
𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐞𝐧
𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝

𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

1.4K 120 284
By _missauthor

one week later.
may 19, 2023.
seattle, washington.

Melina

I'm woken up by not only the sun shining through the window. But by a phone notification.

I groan stretching my arms grabbing my phone off the nightstand. I tap the screen seeing a message from Jace.

Event starts at 1:00pm.

I let out a yawn nodding my head sending him a text back letting him know I'll be there before laying it back on the stand.

Today is College Decision Day which means Jace will officially be picking his school today.

Over the past couple of weeks, Donovan and I have been helping him narrow it down to as few schools as we could. And he now has his top 5.

Syracuse, Duke, Kentucky, Texas, and UCLA.

Whatever decision he makes, it's the best one for him and we'll support him the whole way.

I rub my eyes feeling a weight on my stomach. I look down to see Donovan's arm draped across me.

My eyes trail up to his face and I chuckle at his mouth wide open snoring loudly state.

Jace slept over Mia's last night so Donovan and I were up all night partaking in some...activities.

And now this is a result of that.

Just then, both of our alarms go off and I sigh pressing mine looking back at him to see he's still asleep. "D."

He doesn't move and my eyes narrow. "Don."

"Spida." I said, this time a little louder.

I put my finger under his nose feeling his breath and I sigh. I grab my pillow propping up on my knees before swinging at him.

"Vernell! Turn that damn alarm off!"

He jolts awake grabbing me and snatching the pillow out my grasp. "What are you doing?"

"Turn that shit off." I said slapping his chest.

He wipes a hand down his face before blindly pressing the button. "Why didn't you just wake me up regularly?"

I look at him shocked scoffing at him. "I did! I called you every fucking name possible and you still didn't answer."

He motions me to come here with two fingers and I straddle him. "Hm?"

"Well when you put it on me like you did last night, I'm bound to be sleep." He said and we chuckled.

"Put your ass to sleep." I teased and he shakes his head. "Aight now, let's not act like you didn't go to sleep first."

"And did, proudly." I said rubbing his shoulders.

I'm about to get off of him when he places his hands on my thighs. "Where you going?"

"I gotta go home so I can ch-"

"Home?! Nooooooo." He whined pulling me closer grabbing my head.

"Don." I chuckle. "I have to get ready for work."

"You hate me so bad." He said tightening his grip on me.

"I love you. But I love my job, too."

"Your class doesn't start until 10:00, right?" He asked and I nod.

"Yeah, but you have to get up now because school starts at 8:00." I said placing a kiss on his chest.

His hands travel down to my ass, massaging it gently. "Nope, don't even start nothing, go shower."

"Shower with me." He mumbled against my lips.

"You're gonna be late fucking with me."

"No I'm not, I promise." He said connecting our lips. I reach down in his boxers already feeling him on hard and I hum.

I pull away lifting up off of his upper half and he grabs the bottom of his shirt that I'm wearing, pulling it up and over my head.

He smirks gripping my breasts with his large hands and I let out a soft moan. "Damn."

"Put it in, baby."

I lift my lower half up gripping his member and position him at my entrance.

I slowly slide down onto him letting out a breath. He pulls me in closer resting our foreheads against each other.

He spreads my cheeks open and begins to drill up into me at a perfect angle.

"Mhm." I moan connecting our lips and he smirks. "I love you."

I feel my heart flutter and my hand travels to the nape of his neck.

"I love you too."

___

Nicole

"I ever tell you how much I love seeing you in uniform?"

DJ chuckled pulling on his boxers and shorts. "You haven't actually. But I'm not even in uniform right now. My uniform is at work, baby." He said.

I nod. "No, I know. I just felt the need to tell you." I said innocently looking him up and down.

"Stop looking at me like that before I don't make it to work." He warned and I gasped.

"Dejounte Murray, not going to work? I can't fucking believe it."

He shakes his head in amusement. "Chill out, you know I've been working hard to balance everything."

I nod slowly and he looks over at me raising his eyebrows. "Am I not doing that?"

"You are, trust me. I'm sorry, you just look really good right now." I said honestly with a slight blush.

He walks over to me leaning down pecking my lips. "Thank you, baby."

"Don't leaveeeeee." I whined wrapping my arms around his neck and he chuckles.

"I gotta go, baby. I'll be back during my lunch break." He said trying to reason with me.

"I can work from here?" I asked and he looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Nico, you can stay here all day if you want. Doesn't matter to me. Handle your business, baby." He said kissing my forehead.

"I just don't wanna intrude on your space." I said patting his chest so he can let me down. "I don't try to sit in here all day, especially while you're not here."

He frowns grabbing my hand. "You really feel like you're an intrusion in my space?"

"Sometimes." I admit. "I know we sleep together damn near every night and sometimes I'm here while you're at work.

But, you're used to living alone. Sometimes having someone in your space constantly can be an adjustment.

You'd tell me if you didn't want me here, right?" I explained.

His eyes soften as he sits in the chair beside the bed motioning me to come over.

I walk over and he pulls me into his lap. "Nicole, if I didn't want you here then I would express that to you. You know why?" He asked and I shake my head.

"Because we're working on this communication thing, remember? Truth is, I love having you here. The way you've found comfortability in my home means a lot to me. Because that means you found comfortability in me, in us." He clarified.

"I love when you're here when I get home from work. Having someone to come home to is a blessing I'll never take for granted.

But you can work from here, or from the park down the street, or at your place if that's where you feel comfortable. But me personally? I feel comfortable with you here." He said and my eyes soften.

"Don't feel like you don't have to be here because you think I don't want you here. Because I do. Never feel like you're an intrusion on my space, baby. Okay?"

"Okay." I whispered and he smiles. "C'mere."

I lean closer connecting our lips softly. I place my hand on the side of his face before we gently pull apart.

"Now I really don't want you to leave." I said and we laugh.

"You'll be fine without me for a few hours. Enjoy yourself, and I'll be back to pick you up to head to the school. Be dressed, Nicole." He said seriously.

"I will! I always am!"

"Don't lie on this fine morning." He said as we get up.

"Whatever." I said getting back in the bed grabbing the remote.

He finished getting ready before grabbing his bag. "Aight, I'm gone."

"Have a good day, fix lots of cars." I said encouragingly and he laughs walking over to me.

"I'ma do my best." He said placing his hands on both sides of me. "Put something on your stomach."

"No promises."

He narrows his eyes at me and I chuckle. "Kidding."

"Better be. Aight, I'm gone. I love you."

"I love you too." I said pecking his lips before he walks out.

I grab my phone off the nightstand opening TikTok when I freeze and my eyes widen. Wait...

I hear footsteps coming back down the hall and DJ walks in slowly furrowing his eyebrows freezing in his step rubbing his chest.

"I love you." He said with a hint of realization in his voice.

"And I love you." I said and he smiled brightly. "Yeah?"

"Yeah." I said honestly.

I get out of bed walking over to him jumping in his arms. He spins me around and I squeal in happiness before he lays me back down on the bed.

His eyes darken and I squirm under his look. My feet are placed on either side of his waist before pulling down his shorts and boxers watching him spring to life.

He pulls me to the edge of the bed swiping my slit with two fingers before putting them in his mouth.

He hums grabbing his phone placing it to his ear and I raise my eyebrows. He pushes himself inside of me and I moan loudly as his hand wraps around my neck squeezing it firmly.

"Yo." He said into the phone and my eyes widen as he pumps into me slowly.

"Mmm."

He forces my mouth open sticking his thumb inside and I gently suck on it.

"I'ma be a lil' late." He said watching me carefully.

"Yeah, you gon' have to open. Yeah, it's a lot of traffic, think it's a busted pipe or something." He said and I smirk.

"Yeah, water everywhere."

I stifle a laugh and he smiles at me. "I'll be there soon though, aight bro. I owe you one. Bet."

He hangs up tossing his phone to the side and I moan loudly as he places his hand on my stomach picking up speed.

"Damn."

___

six hours later

third person

Easton Liberty has a full house right now. For teachers, students, faculty, parents, and a bunch of photographers, videographers, and college coaches.

Because today, is Decision Day.

"Welcome to Easton Liberty's College Decision Day for the Class of 2023!"

The entire gym claps and you can faintly hear hoots and hollers.

"We have watched these babies grow up right before our eyes. And now, it's time to go to college. I'm so proud of each and every one of you. And no matter where you go, you will always have a home here." Principal Maddox said to them.

"So let's begin shall we? First we will start with our Valedictorian, Ms. Mia Wilson."

Mia stands up and everybody cheers for her. As she walks to the podium, the Principal gives everyone a run down.

"Our beloved Mia will be graduating with a 4.7 GPA. She applied for 60 colleges and I'm proud to announce she got all 60 acceptance letters, 20 of them included a full ride."

"Period!" Her mother yells and she smiles brightly.

"So Mia, why don't you tell everyone where you're taking your beautiful mind?"

She takes a deep breath stepping in front of the podium. "Good Afternoon Everyone."

"Hi Miaaaaa." Everyone sings in unison and she chuckles blushing profusely.

"Before we get to me, I want to tell you all how proud I am of you. You're going to college. Some of us are the first in our families, you're either building your legacy or you're continuing it. That doesn't go unnoticed.

These four years have been nothing short of special, and I'm glad I got to share it with you guys." She said to her classmates and their eyes soften.

"Aweeee."

"That's my best friend y'all, I ain't no senior but she's talking to me!" Dylan yells from his spot in the bleachers and everyone laughs.

"God Dylan, I'm gonna miss you." She said shaking her head. "I'm gonna miss all of you."

She makes eye contact with Jace and he smiles patting his chest. She repeats the action pointing to him knowing this is the moment of truth.

Jace and Mia made a deal that they wouldn't tell each other where they're headed until the time came so they wouldn't be influenced by each other's decisions.

But the time has come.

"So, Ms. Wilson. What will it be?"

She lets out a breath grabbing the zipper of her hoodie pulling it down. "Majoring in Criminal Justice, your beloved Valedictorian will be gracing Thee Illustrious Howard University with my presence in the Fall on a full ride academic scholarship."

The gym erupts into cheers as students congratulate her. "Go Miaaaa!!!!" Melina yells from her seat.

Her parents walk up to stand with her as they take pictures and she feels the emotions in the back of her throat.

Her eyes fall on a certain someone and he smiles brightly at her. "I'm proud of you." He mouthed and her heart burst with happiness.

The event flies by and the energy in the room is so positive. Rashad ended up committing to Kentucky and Xavier is going to UCLA. Both on full rides.

Now for the finale.

Jace gets up walking to the podium with none other than Coach Mitchell, and his agent from Klutch Sports, Rich Paul.

After Jace turned 18, he got a shitload of NIL Deals. So naturally, he needed an agent. It was always down to CAA and Klutch, and he picked what was better for him.

So signing three NIL contracts with Nike, Beats By Dre, and Ethika, his net worth sits at a whopping 10.24 million at just 18 years old.

This makes him the highest paid NIL player. Right in front of Bronny James.

And now it's time for him to take his talents to one very lucky college.

He sits down and they sit the five hats in front of him. You can hear the flashes of the cameras go off as everyone awaits his fate.

He grabs the microphone leaning closer. "First off I just wanna Thank God for putting me in the position. I never take it for granted.

Every time I step on those hardwood floors, I realize how blessed I truly am. Being where I'm from, seeing what I've seen, going through what I have went through, I wasn't supposed to make it.

But here I am, with 30 college offers, 13 D1 schools, and 27 full rides." He reveals.

The gym erupts into cheers at the revelation.

"Yeah, GOAT!" Someone yells from the bleachers and he chuckles.

"I had a lot of time to think on this. Had some real encouraging words being put in my ear. And I think I made the best decision for me. Jace Carson." He clarified.

He looks to his left to see Melina nodding proudly. He looks to the right and Spida nods patting his back.

"So, I'm blessed to announce that I'll be taking my talents to..." He trailed off.

He grabs the hat that was strategically placed in the middle before putting it on his head.

"Syracuse University."

The shock that flowed through the room was enough to shake the country.

He unzips his jacket revealing the "Syracuse Basketball" T Shirt smiling brightly.

Reporters come up to him just like they did Xavier and Rashad asking him what influenced his decision.

"Best decision for me. Coach Autry was very adamant on me playing for them in the fall. They believe in me and want to build around me. This is where I wanna spend my next year." He said.

"Jace." Rich calls motioning him to the side.

"Excuse me guys." He said walking over to Melina as she brings him into a hug. "I'm so proud of you." She mumbles.

He nods kissing her cheek before turning to Spida dapping him up. "My boy, I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, man." They pull apart and he stands alone taking his pictures.

"Jace, let's get some with your parents." The photographer said.

He doesn't even flinch before he turns to Spida and Melina standing off to the side looking proudly.

"Come on." He motions to them.

They raise their eyebrows walking over standing on either side of him as they snap pictures of the big three.

"Looks like we'll be taking some trips to New York next year."

___

"Draw twelve whore."

DJ sucks his teeth waving Melina off as he plucks twelve uno cards.

After everyone went out to a celebratory lunch for the kids, they went off to a party while the elite eight went back to DJ's place for an impromptu game night.

"Making me draw twelve in my own house is crazy, Melina." He said glaring at her.

"Play better then." She shrugged.

"What's the color?" Devin asked looking at his cards.

"Uh, blue." She said.

"Of course you pick the one color I don't have." Grier said shaking her head.

"Sorry, pookie." She apologized leaning her head on Noah's shoulder.

They go around and one by one, Devin, Donovan, Noah, and Melina all get out leaving the other two couples to battle it out.

"Change the color to red, uno." DJ said and Nico groans. "Asshole."

She plucks a card sighing motioning to Grier. "Draw four." She tells Jaylen and his jaw drops.

"Man, hell nah. I quit." He said throwing the cards on the table as everyone laughs.

"Alright alright, let's play never have I ever." Noah said passing out cups of their respective drink.

"This could get real messy, real fast." Melina mumbles and Grier chuckles.

"Who wants to go first?" Nico asked as everyone looks at her. "You since you asked." DJ said and she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Fine. Never have I ever gotten arrested."

Melina, Grier, and DJ all take a shot and they look surprised. "What the hell did you two do?!" Devin asked Melina and Grier.

"We were out with my mom at the grocery store when we were like 17. Some woman felt the need to bump into her and not say excuse me." Grier explained.

"She also felt like we were disrespectful little girls so she called up her lil' friends trying to beat mama up. So, we got arrested for damage of property and assault." Melina shrugged.

"And..." Noah edged them.

"And I may have hit one of them with a shopping cart." Melina mumbled rolling her eyes. "But I didn't even hit her that hard!"

"I'm sorry, if I could rewind time I'd do it all over again because you're not gonna play with my mama, especially in my face." Grier said and Melina nodded.

"We stayed at the station for like two hours until Grier's Dad and my parents had to come get us. Our bail was like 500 bucks each."

"We walked out that station like we just did 10 years each. My mama handled that shit like a G, though. One of the women tried to sneak up on Melina and my mama went upside her head with a carton of eggs." Grier said and they laugh.

"Mama ain't play that shit." Noah said.

"And still don't." Nico said and they nod.

"Noah and Nico were on our asses the next couple of days calling us jailbirds and shit." Melina said and they laugh.

"Well they had to make light of the situation somehow." Donovan shrugged and they burst out laughing. "See?!"

"What about you, hothead?" Noah asked DJ. "Robbery."

"Y'all thought we were joking when we said that nigga would rob niggas with no hesitation?" Jaylen asked looking at them in disbelief.

"I didn't particularly care for niggas who thought they were untouchable. They tried to flaunt that shit, let 'em know ain't shit sweet out here." He shrugged.

"But he ain't rob them because he wanted want they had. Let's get that straight." Devin said and they nodded.

"He robbed them because they thought they couldn't be. They needed to humble themselves." Spida said in amusement.

"Only DJ would rob niggas to teach them a lesson." Grier said and they chuckle. "Chill out man."

"I see we gotta call you jailbird too." Noah said and he shakes his head chuckling.

"Alright next, never have I ever said 'I love you' first." Grier said.

Devin, DJ, Jaylen, and Melina all take a shot and the girls look at her shocked.

"No! Not you!" Nico yelled and she blushed profusely.

"You really didn't say it first?" Devin asked Donovan in amusement.

"I was going to, but she caught me completely off guard." He said taking a swig of his beer.

"I was in a deep spot." Melina mumbled sheepishly.

"How deep?" Noah asked.

She looks at the three of them pointedly. "Real deep."

They smirk clinking their glasses together. "Y'all are so nasty. The dog doesn't need to hear this." Jaylen said covering Ace's ears and they laugh.

"It wasn't a spur of the moment thing though." Melina said honestly. "I truly feel like that, I just didn't have enough guts to say it because I was afraid he probably didn't feel the same way."

"Oh girl please, this man worships the ground you walk on." Nico said patting Donovan's arm.

She looks at him and he smiles wrapping his arm around her pulling her into his side. "She's not lying." He said placing a kiss on her temples and she blushed profusely. "I love you, baby."

She smiles pecking his lips laying her head on his chest. "I love you too."

"Awe." Grier said lowly putting her hands to her heart.

"He done turned our baby into a lover girl." Noah gushes leaning into Devin.

The night went on, and the extreme eight enjoyed each other's company on a well needed night off.

Donovan and Melina stay cuddled up on the couch as he kisses her forehead in random moments making her blush every time.

Noah and Devin are on the loveseat enjoying each other's touch. His fingers danced on her thigh all night making her smile.

Dejounte and Nicole are sitting in his reclining chair comfortably. He pulled up the bottom of her shirt as his thumb runs back and forth on her waist softly.

Grier and Jaylen have made themselves comfortable on the couch opposite of the other. She lays in between his legs and he wraps his arm around her upper half placing kisses on her shoulder.

Safe to say the second get together of the extravagant eight was just as successful as the first.

Cheers to black love. *clinks glasses*

___

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472 0 39
In her thirties and burdened with a life that feels like an overstuffed backpack: a child she mostly raises alone, two main jobs, two side gigs, a sh...
1.3K 257 22
Book 1 Of The Keisha Series Tagged No Companion. I had gotten close to the guys in the class, Nick, Beatrice and Lara were my constant companions too...
1.1M 71.8K 48
Asha Mitchell is all about her education and the next box to check off her list of goals. She never allows anyone to steer her from her path or take...
2.9M 108K 35
He was his first best friend, his first crush, his first kiss, and his first love... Chris Donovan has never known peace since that fateful night. He...