Say My Name [ Teacher-Student...

By Downeys

He was her mothers coworker. Then he was her superior. He was a friend when there were none. He was a comfort... More

Ch.1 - Reluctant Fresh Start
Ch.2 - The Unexpected Colleague
Ch.3 - A Proposition
Ch.4 - Seattle Mercy-Grace University
Ch.5 - School Tour
Ch.6 - Decisions Been Made
Ch.7 - Rude Awakenings
Ch.8 - Third Times The Charm
Ch.9 - Read To Write
Ch.10 - Hoping For A Better Day
Ch.11 - Drunk Dial The Right Person
Ch.12 - Not A Simple Friday
Ch.13 - Coffee For The Cold Hearted
Ch.14 - Not So Bad
Ch.15 - Nice And Close
Ch.16 - Lectures And Conversations
Ch.17 - Pained Together
Ch.18 - About To Lose Her Mind
Ch.19 - Something Warm
Ch.20 - Loosening Up
Ch.21 - Recountings In Reverie
Ch.22 - Defuse The Bomb
Ch.23 - Longing For Lasting Warmth
Ch.24 - Predicaments Over Interrogations
Ch.25 - She Swears She Doesnt Care
Ch.26 - Is This Real
Ch.27 - Like Magnets
Ch.28 - Only Human
Ch.29 - No Labels
Ch.30 - Distasteful Disaster
Ch.31 - Bandaids To Wounds
Ch.32 - Embracing The Shadows
Ch.33 - Laugh Or Love, Die Or Try
Ch.34 - Minty Sweet
A/N
Ch.35 - Library Full Of Grace
Ch.36 - Not Warned But Aware
Ch.37 - A Juiceless Fruit
Ch.38 - Let It Be
Ch.39 - No To Multitasking
Ch.40 - Many Mixed Emotions
Ch.41 - Some Things Aren't Unearthed Gradually
Ch.42 - Mirror Mirror
Ch.43 - Nightmares Vrs Reality
Ch.44 - Charlie's Pain
Ch.45 - The Emotions Of Aftershock
Ch.46 - Come Closer, Be Closer
Ch.47 - Don't Say It's True
Ch.48 - Pizza And Grey Skies
Ch.49 - Reflected Dynamics
Ch.50 - Adore Him
Ch.51 - Blacked Out Shades
Ch.53 - A Dance To Remember
Ch.54 - He Rights A Wrong
Ch.55 - Tangled Bodies, Twisted Sheets
Ch.56 - Useless Words
Ch.57 - He's Just Right There
Ch.58 - Life Support
Ch.59 - Gone, Gone, Gone
Ch.60 - Time To Tell
Ch.61 - Conflicted Lust
Ch.62 - A Storm Is Brewing
Ch.63 - A Diverted Gaze
Ch.64 - Just Do It. It's Fine
Ch.65 - Progression Not Regression
Ch.66 - Nothing Lasts Forever
Ch.67 - Molly First, Denial Second
Ch.68 - Misconstrued Deceit
Ch.69 - Timber
Ch.70 - Never Let Her Go
Ch.71 - Breathe
Ch.72 - Cold. So Cold
Ch.73 - Visceral Pain
Ch.74 - Heroic Or Selfish
Ch.75 - Please Just Don't
Ch.76 - Ticking Time
Ch.77 - Moments Are Momentary
Ch.78 - Sick No Longer
Ch.79 - That Should Be Her
Ch.80 - Cloudy Partings
Ch.81 - Never Known Peace
Ch.82 - Not Like Magnets
Ch.83 - No More Lies
Ch.84 - Be Angry
Ch.85 - Reflected Reminiscing
Ch.86 - This Feeling
Ch.87 - Him
Ch.88 - Broken Pieces
Final Chapter - Say Love
Epilogue - Part 1 - Promises
Epilogue - Part 2 - Begin Again

Ch.52 - Friends Of His

2.7K 116 37
By Downeys

Next update will be Monday!
__________________________________________________

Fidgeting at the hotels marble white desk by Roberts side and still no one is staring. Barely noticed and not an uneven blink when it's just the one room they get. Another thing makes her hut twist anxiously. The fact that they're being so... domestic. How easy it is, and new, and making her more sorta excitedly nervous than she's willing to admit to.

How her fingers curl around his hand without stutter, keeping him close and knowing that it's okay. For once, there are no lurking gazes, no walls to keep them boxed in and restricted. It's so strange to be able to do this, to lean into his side and not really be worried about who's watching. The age difference not all that noticeable to the strangers around them.

As it's been said, she does look older than she is (as memory informs her of Robert spitting out his drink that she's just nineteen), and he looks to be somewhere around late twenties, like twenty-nine, or early thirties.

It's such a gift. Being together. To confide in his comforting embrace without hindrance. Something she's certainly not going to be taking for granted. Something she knows she will be aching for when they have to go back. For this freedom.

Roberts just brought along a backpack as well. Except his is a conspicuous jet black and not bright inconspicuous blue. Anyways, that's the tiniest thing on her mind, more of an observation if anything.

They had agreed to leave Seattle in the middle of the day so they could have extended time with Molly and Ava, so now as they arrive, the sun is just dipped behind the high rising mountains. They had been stuck at the border for more than an hour, then proceeded to hit traffic which explains their rather late arrival.

A beautiful city full of culture and life. As they passed the country borders, presenting their passports, they drove through thick fields of farm land and small community livings. Quaint and sunny. Not at all what she assumed Canada to be. Well paved and lots of cars. Tons. The traffic greatly increasing the closer they got to Vancouver and further from where they had just crossed. Furthering away from natures living, producing fields of berries, and streams, closer to a thriving civilization granted with tall sleek buildings, thick busy highways interweaving in ever which direction, and a mixture of modern and historic architecture welcoming them.

She was beyond smiling, glowing as she listened in on Robert's adrenaline buzzing, telling her memories as they passed them. His anxiousness to just be consumed in the heart of the town growing more apparent as they neared.

When the city scape came into view, brightly lit by many lights and people, it took her breath away. Honestly. So different to both Miami and Seattle. A lot of culture here, although both her other cities had the same, it's just, it's different.

And bicycles, so many bicycles. Bike lanes, bike lights, bikers. Everywhere as they got into the thick of the city. Passing over bridges, looking to far blue skies and massive snow tipped mountains. Tall trees, everything a lush green, and weaving. Managing into the core of Vancouver does she see the life of it. People walking everywhere, passing districts where its plenty of suits and professional pencil skirts, to hipster central accompanied by the apparently legal flowing aroma of marijuana, and the shopping strip of tourists. Sleek modern cut buildings, going through Olympic village where housed the Olympians of the 2010 winter games. A massive arena dedicated to top talents of whatever artist was in town for the night, and a hop and skip away from another arena with large posters featuring their beloved hockey team.

Robert pointing out facts and tips, and childhood antics as they drove past construction sites and a quiet backstreet with lots of vans and big semi trucks and trailers and big white tents where Robert guessed they were filming some of the many television shows that shoot here.

His voice just thrumming with life and enthusiasm, unrelenting in his haste to share his home with Charlotte. Pulling up to a tall towering sleek looking hotel, does the cool brisk breeze meet her skin. Stepping and stretching as once again her gaze lands on the tall mountains looming in the distance, across the harboured ocean with white tipped tops. Clear cut ski runs on a few and a buzzing energy like no other.

This was Roberts home, an evident thing as he swayed so swiftly and gracefully in its current.

The elevator up was quick, a ding and they were stepping out on the twenty-fourth floor. Roberts phone has been going off since he got her to text Jeffrey that they were here. Apparently the three friends and brother were expecting Robert to bring a friend and have enthusiastically been replying with such.

The four yet to be met people had had no qualms when time escaped Charlotte and Robert, forcing them passed the desired time they had initially planned to meet at a restaurant. Instead with ease, they just finished up that dinner somewhere downtown and were insistently inviting Robert and Charlotte to meet up with them for some late night clubbing.

The door clicks up with the retraction of the key card. "We don't have to go, I mean it is late." Robert assures as they step into the clean room designated as theirs. Where they can spend an actually night curled up together, can whisper sleep tight and actually be together. She's so elated by it all she doesn't even stress about her worming thoughts of that yes they really were going to be together together. Sharing a space and doing things as a duo. Together. Together together together.

"I want to." She assures right back, tracing a line down his back soothingly as they step beyond the opened door, both peaking in intrigued.

A small room but perfect. The space consisting of crisp white sheets laid out on a queen sized bed. A desk in the corner accompanied by a small built in kitchen. A little counter, a mini fridge and table with two chairs. Perfect.

It's amazing and she feels so damn lucky as she stares up at the man she trusts more than anyone, her features expressing just that.

He looks to her too, slipping his bag to the floor and an arm slipping around her waist with something of a relieved sigh. "Not bad if I may say so."

She grins with those shiny brown eyes, burrowing into his chest with her own kind of realization and letting goes of tense energy, both arms gripping around his mid section. "Not bad at all."

Robert breathes out again, like they'd both finally scrapped away from scrutinizing gazes, his warm air flowing over the top of her head as he presses a kiss there. "Man you smell good. What's your secret? Dove? Axe? Rolling around in roses before I picked you up?"

"You know me so well."

They both share a quiet laugh.

Another notification sending his phone into vibration once more.

"When did they want us to meet up with them?" She asks.

"Something like in fifteen minutes."

Pulling back far enough to see those soulful brown eyes. A wry expression on her face, "Best not be late Mr.Downey."

He laughs lightly with a curt nod. "Suppose you're right."

They reluctantly let go of each other, going to their respective bags and finding what they wanna wear. Charlotte is a bit nervous but club isn't jeans and a Nike shirt and she wants to blend in not stand out.

"I'll change in the bathroom." She says sorta nervously for some reason and he doesn't seem at all put off by it.

He replies with a sweet, "Just knock before you come out as Ill just quickly do the same."

That cute caring look on his face as she nods.

She brushes by his side, grabs her things and slips into the bathroom and is faced by the large mirror. Closing the door she straightens her posture, staring down her reflection but ultimately looking away. Her back faced to the reflective surface.

Quickly she slips on a dress. That's right, a dress. As shocking as it is, she feels confident in it. She's not afraid of who could be lurking in the shadows of the place she's going because she'll be by Roberts side. Plus part of her actually wants to look good. Not so much for Robert as much as for herself. She wants to play dress up, enjoy it like she used to take pride in. Well, it was exhausting then because it was all the time, but once in a while does actually feel good.

The black dress is tight yet covering. It doesn't expose her chest like most dresses do, instead with a tame v-neck line. The length of it goes down to mid thigh and it's fine, again, because it's a safe place. With Robert.

Discarding her converse beforehand, she now slips on the heals, another thing that may bust her ankles but she's having fun.

Okay, she's not gonna lie, there is that small part of her that's wondering what Robert's reaction might be. He's used to seeing her in pants and sweaters or occasionally shirts. So his expressions might be fun.

Leaving her hair down and flowing, its now to deal with makeup. She had brought in her makeup bag too, a quick darkening of the colours (not really concentrating on her full self image in the mirror) and black eyeliner has her blue eyes popping. Not only that but she looks to even be more solidly on her way to mid twenties instead of just, well, twenty.

Flattening out the creases from her dress, she takes a deep breath. In through the nose, out through the mouth. Just like Robert had helped her do those months ago.

Knocking on the door biting at her freshly applied lipstick, a dark red, she waits for his words.

"Yep, all good. Come on out."

It's cute and light, and she opens the door.

She sees him before he does her. Bent down doing up his shoes with his hair the same, glasses gone and a sharp red dress shirt (a colour she's gathering to know he likes to wear) neatly rolled up to the elbows, and fitted black pants finished off with black sneakers.

When those alluring eyes lined by thick dark lashes find her he subtly gapes like, maybe, she had just been doing admiring the way he left his top three buttons undone, exposing a portion of firm chest.

His eyes roam her curves and not in a way that does anything but make her heart pound. She flushes a bit and he clears his throat. "You um," He looks her over again, shaking his head slightly with a loss of words, "You look good--gorgeous, but I mean, honestly you always do, but, nice difference?"

His stumbling's somehow unnerve that last bit of anxiety, understanding his words even if he looks flustered by them. Then she really is feeling the heat rising in her face as she strides over to him as he stands straight. Just an inch below his eye line, she puts a gentle hand on his chest, "And you looking just as handsome."

Robert seems stuck, but soon settles, rolling his shoulders, slowly guiding his hand to her back, and presses a gentle kiss to her cheek with a sparkle in his orbs and she just wants to pull him into her lips but it might be the lipstick he doesn't want to make her redo.

"I like your shoes." She grins, glancing between them at his feet.

"Thank you." He all but wiggles, shifting to show off the side of them. "I like them too, but I think I like you more."

"Good." She chuckles.

"Got anything you wanna keep in my pockets?"

She thinks for a moment and then mentally smacks herself for almost forgetting. "Could you carry my ID's and debit?"

"First of all, yes. ID's I can, but debit, no. Drinks or food, whichever, is on me."

Twisting a smirk, "Oh is it now?"

"Absolutely."

And that's the end of that. Grabbing hotel keys and such, they were out the door.

The elevator ride down is full of stares and soft touches. An equal understanding that for both their comfort levels Charlottes come along as a friend of Roberts. So they soak up the silence and embrace each other.

The lobby is brighter than it was before but that's probably only in comparison to the even darker night sky. It's all starry skies when Robert pushes open the door for her, guiding her through with a gentle affirming hand on her back. It's breath taking.

City skyline vibrant as the clock strikes half past ten. Another fifteen minutes of walking and they were just short of the club. Or so Robert assured as he tries to not bring notice to his stealing glances.

He's so sweet, he can tell she's nervous and he's trying to take care of her, but it's him that hasn't seen his friends and brother for five years. Maybe it's just his own self distraction as he begins to fiddle with his wrist watch a little more anxiously. Their arms linked amicably and nothing more.

"How's the haircut feel?"

She looks to him, "It's nice. A bit shorter than I had originally planned but I like it. Feels new and fresh."

"Certainly keep stealing my breath away." And he brushes a touch over her linked arm as she blushes. "What was your original plan?"

She has to clear her throat of the swelling knot under Roberts soft gaze. "At first I just wanted a few inches but then Molly got her haircut and it was shorter than mine. So. Got some more off to match hers."

Roberts beaming, not suppressing his smile as he looks so intently at her. "You're an unbelievable sister, you know. Gosh, Charlie." He tsk's in awe.

"Seeing you and Ava I can easily say similarly to you. Did she have a good time last night? Was she okay?"

Something about Charlottes question makes him quieten for a moment, not sombrely, but maybe (maybe, maybe, maybe) that L word way. "Ava had a blast. Loves Molly, gosh, it was all chatter about her new found friend. She doesn't make pals all that easily so it was kinda a big leap for her."

"That's wonderful. I'm genuinely really happy to hear that. I still can't get over how cute she is. How much she loves you, it really shows."

"My relationship with her hasn't always been easy but I can most definitely say that seeing Moll and you was like a mirror image to Ava and I. It sorta, well, it was just crazy. A good crazy."

Words slipping from her mouth without consent. "Together we'd make great--"

"Robbie Bobby!"

Never has she been more thankful for interjecting moments then now as she realizes that the end of that sentence was something far beyond what either of them are ready to even comprehend. But Roberts looking at her like he knows what she was about to say, like he heard it but can't be sure, perplexed, and then there's two faces smiling from a long line of people. All equally as dressed up as they are.

They are quickly met by two women galloping over whom Charlotte can guess to be Jules and Lexie.

Robert lets go of her just as the two envelop him in hugs. Just as Robert predicted.

"You cut your hair!" One with pale skin, dark brown eyes and dark straight long hair admires.

"But his shoes are the same." The other comments pulling back to look him over. Her face speckled with freckles and gorgeous. Very curly hair and thick lips. "We are never letting go now."

"Yes, your mistake. We're keeping you here and never letting five years separate us."

Both beautiful from head to toe and maybe, just a tad (ah-ha) tipsy.

"Is he taller Lex? He seems taller. Are you taller Rob?"

Robert still has one women in a half hold trying to calm her hugging as she mumbles how much she's missed him. "And gin-tonics is still your two favourite choices I see." Robert teases, clearly more relaxed than he had been a few moments ago. "Wow. You two ladies look great."

"Five years and just a shiny since then." The pale one grins, patting the others back as she steps away from Robert. "Not to say you're looking old, you look great too. Just as shiny." And then Charlotte concludes the women closest to her with a bright smile to be Lexie.

The other women--Jules, turns to Charlotte, with just as wide a grin, "Hello there! You must be Robbie Bobby's friend Charlotte."

"You must be Jules." She guesses and scores right as the women's smile grows. "It's nice to meet you."

"And you miss Charlotte." Jules winks, stumbling a bit before she pulls Lexie to her side, away from a fast talking conversation with Robert. "Lexie, this is Charlotte. Charlotte, this is Lexie. Lexie here got me a bit drunk and for that I do apologize."

Lexie laughs, "Okay Julie. Whatever you say. It's nice to meet you Charlotte."

Charlotte gulps down her nerves, trying her best for Robert (who's looking at her and making her heart beat faster). "Nice to meet you as well."

"Aren't you just adorable." Lexie says, looking to Robert. "She's adorable, you know that?"

Robert doesn't respond (though he's licking at his lips to suppress a smile) but he does guide them all forward, asking, "So where's the rest at? They waiting in line?"

"Yeah come on you two." Jules grabs at Roberts arm, pulling him along as Robert offers Charlotte to come along with an open arm. She happily links with his again, sinking into his comfort as she takes another deep breath.

"Jeffrey is the one who got us drunk, just so you know Charlotte." Lexie winks to her and it makes her that bit much more at ease.

Jules scoffs. "He didn't get us drunk, he just bought the shots."

"And where were you guys having dinner?" Robert asks.

The two women chime in tune together. "Olive Garden."

Jules continues, "Oh gosh, don't tell Jeff but you should've seen him when you first called Robbie those months ago. He was just a puddle of tears. He'll never admit it but he really missed you."

"Yeah. Lots of manly tears as he calls them. He's been counting down to the day you'd come back home. Don't be surprised if he puts a cuff on you." Lexie adds cheekily as she looks back to Charlotte again. "And you too Miss Charlotte. Can already tell that he's gonna take a liking to you and your adorableness."

Charlotte laughs through the tension in her chest, finding Roberts eyes swiftly and he seems to be so full of emotion. Maybe a bit nervous to see his brother, but happy to be home, to be around people he can truly trust.

And then Charlotte entrusts these people, seeing how honestly he cares for them and how they've already taken Charlotte into the group without questioning.

"Patty look who we found!"

"Yeah I heard you guys gallop off but some of us had to hold our spot in line." And wow, okay, a very handsome man. Dark almost black, wavy hair (perfect hair, god) and bright blue eyes, grinning as they approach. "Robert man. Looking just as sharp as ever."

Robert lets go of the hold of the three women and isn't afraid to give his friend a hug. Patting Patrick on the back as the group reunites. "Well I learned from the best, didn't I?"

"Yes you did." Patrick lets go of Robert and the men share a glance. "How was the drive? I heard there was a scuffle at the border."

"Oh yeah, it was a bit of a wait and I forgot to take Vancouver traffic into time consideration."

"Should've just turned that Audi of yours into sports drive and hit the back alleys, I mean you did have an excellent teacher to teach you your driving skills."

"Teenager teaching teenagers. Man, I forgot about that."

"Oh come on, I was like almost the legal drinking age." Patrick laughs something infectious and light as Robert is taken into conversation with Jules. Then the blue eyed man looks over to where Charlotte is observing with a shy grin. "Oh, how are ya? I'm Patrick." He extends his hand out to shake and Charlottes insides pinch but she bites at her lip, almost hard enough to pierce, but takes his hand and shakes it firmly. The same burn but it's worth it.

"I'm doing well, nice to meet you Patrick. I'm Charlotte."

"Great to meet you as well. Hope Robert here didn't bug you too much on the drive up." A teasing expression on his face and Charlotte really does understand the charm factor Robert had clued her into. Still though, nothing and no one quite compares to Robert.

"I think it it's the other way around for sure." She tries to joke back and it works (???), a surprising feat as Patrick laughs again with a full smile.

"You'll fit in just fine, you're in good, well, weird company. The girls will buy you shots and do their swooping thing, just as warning."

"Swooping thing?" Charlotte questions lightly.

"See them as your personal body guards, it's just their nature."

Charlotte nods with a growing grin. "Fine by me."

The group seems to come together after that, chatting as one instead of separate pockets.

"So where is he?" Robert asks, finding himself back by Charlottes side. She would love to pull at her sleeves (if she had any) and just have that comfort, but maybe it's a good thing she's being pushed out of her comfort zone. Plus these people really do seem safe and the way they're looking at Robert looks a lot like how Charlotte looks at him.

"Jeffrey you mean?" Jules asks, swinging around to search.

Lexie snickers, "Old man bladder."

Robert laughs too. "Is that what you're calling my older brother?"

"It's a thing!" Lexie defends, giggling. "I mean, medically speaking, you do need to go more often. It's a thing."

Patrick leans in with a smirk, "I'm guessing that's not quite the medical term."

Lexie shakes her head. "Yeah not really."

Patrick eyes up a man from a far, Charlottes gaze following. "Speak of the devil."

A man with a large smile and a nicely shaped stubble. The big brown eyes quite similar to Robert but he's got lighter hair. And a big smile as he strides over in his leather jacket looking straight at Robert.

Robert is beaming as he manages a few steps in the others direction and soon they're hugging.

"Brother." Jeffrey's voice sounds. "Fucking finally." The slightest southern tang to his accent with probably an interesting story to how he ended up in Canada.

"God it's so good to hear your voice." Robert sighs, and unaware of the audience watching.

"Yeah it's better in real time instead of over the phone, that's for sure."

Robert pulls back, "Or email."

Jeffrey looks at him, shaking his head. "Baby bro look at you all grown up. So much as happened and yet here you are looking almost as fine as your big bro."

Robert shoved playfully at his brothers hold, breaking away their hold as they both turn back to the group of friends with an almost identical look. Roberts brown eyes catch Charlottes blue, and it's so full of warmth and pride, then he gestures to her. "Jeff, this is Charlotte. She's joined me on this wild trip."

Jeffrey looks to her, a soulful energy about him as he so lures to her. "Hello Miss. Glad you could join us."

"The pleasure is mine." She grins.

Lexie buts in, "Isn't she adorable?" Motioning to Charlotte.

Jeffrey laughs and then the line up to get into the club starts to move. They all shuffle into said line as chatter chatter splits off between people. Lex and Jules move as a single unit, in search of a phone apparently as the three boys chat with Charlotte joining in by Roberts side.

"Is there talks yet on how to chain Robert to the province?" Jeffrey asks Patrick who half shrugs.

"I think there's been warning of hand cuffs and such, but nothing concrete. I think the best way, personally, would just be burning his passport and or ID's."

Jeffrey nods along seriously, then glances to Robert. "Hope you're okay with that brother."

Robert doesn't seem to take offence to the idea. "I wouldn't mind."

Jeffrey wraps an arm around Roberts shoulders, "That's the spirit. I think we've planned the inception game well Patty. Now just how to keep Charlotte too." Jeffrey grins, winking dramatically like how Robert does.

"I have a few commitments but I also wouldn't mind." She says, and that seems to please the three lads.

Jeffrey challenges humourlessly, and Patrick just shakes his head with a mute laugh. "What commitments need sorting? We'll make it happen."

"A sister."

"Oh easy." Jeffrey grins, "Canada has plenty of room for all--like my niece." Pointedly looking at Robert with an even wider smile, all too happy and playful.

"She'd love to meet her uncle." Robert pushes back, all just as brothers do. "You too Patty."

Nearing the front as people pile in through blacked out doors and a neon green sign flickering the words Black Box Club. Charlotte is a bit nervous going in here but it's nothing that isn't natural to her. The big buff security guards carding the group of people just in line before them.

"Selfie guys!" Lexie exclaims, her hand stuck up as she attracts the attention of the four of them. Jeffrey makes a comment to make room for Patricks hair in the picture but it's all friendly. Charlotte presses into Roberts side, finding his gaze quickly and it's all warmth as he snakes a hold around her waist.

"Cheese!" They both focus on the iPhone as it flashes.

They manage past security and Charlotte doesn't get asked to show her ID. A strange thing she feels weird about, like she's sneaking in, but she's the legal drinking age in Canada. That being nineteen, so she gets in just fine.

Robert keeps glancing at her as conversations rolls along, bumping into her side as she grins at him. "Crazy people hey?" His hand still a ghosting presence on her back.

"Love them." Charlotte says, looking around as they enter the building in sets of two. First the girls, then the lads, then her and Robert. "I don't know what I was expecting but they're all so sweet."

"Yep." And Robert looks proud once more, staring off ahead as there's a fair share of laughing lighting up the group. "That's them."

"You must be on cloud nine. You seem like you are."

He looks to her again, all warmth and personally. Voice just barely heard over the growingly loud music pumping ahead of them. "I really am. Thank you for coming, it really means a lot to me."

"I should be the one thanking you for inviting me along."

"Equally thankful."

"Agreed."

Pumping music only grew louder, bass jumping and vibrating the air to make her hair stand on end. Lights flashing and people clustered everywhere. Some off to the side in not so broken clumps chatting, lots of people at the big bar, a room full of bartenders lined up behind a big shiny (and probably sticky) ordering slate. Glasses hung everywhere with exotic looking drinks being passed out to crowded people all trying to get attention for their said order. Bills handed over and lots of action. Just off to the side was the next huge open space, big and that's where the lights were going off in strobes and flashes. Dancing as one it looks like, sweaty people shouting over music and smiling, grinding, and jumping.

A high roof that Charlotte discovers to find a second level over looking the floor. Booths upon booths with people just as stuffed full of partying club goers.

Robert bends down right by her ear, speaking a mix between loudly and quietly. "If at any point you need to leave, let me know."

She nods, giving him a thumbs up as they both follow the friends up to a set of stairs. Already Charlottes being pushed and touched, but she's swallowing it down and brushing off the stares she's getting. Pressing closer into Roberts side as they move along. Instead of walking side by side, he guides her in front if him, positioning himself close to her back and having her in between himself and Patty and Jeff. Less contact and she's thankful for it.

She makes her way up the steps, still kidding of gazing around in awe. She's never been to a club of this side, and it's all just as representative as movies and TV shows said clubbing to be.

They make their way to the top floor and slipping between people and booths before Lex and Jules come to find an empty one, sliding into it and welcoming the others as they sat. "Shots! We need some shots!"

_________________________________________________

Random Question: What's something you think would be cute for Char and Rob to do?

COMMENT. VOTE. TELL ME ABOUT IF YOU'VE EVER CLUBBED OR NOT. Next update will be Monday!

Oh my goodness guys I'm so excited for you to read what's ahead. So much fun! Eek! And anxious to know of your guys' opinions and such :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.1K 2.2K 18
Ember starts her third year of college with high hopes even though she knows she won't be seeing any of her friends this year. Many of them have tran...
12.3M 64K 10
Love comes in all shapes and forms, but Kelly Young had no idea it'd come in the form of her most hated teacher, Mr. Todd. β€’A Student x Teacher Roman...
333K 11.1K 53
My whole life is 'have to.' I have to work full-time to pay the bills and keep food on the table. I have to finish college for a chance at a bette...
87.5K 4.4K 44
π™π™€π˜Όπ˜Ύπ™ƒπ™€π™ 𝙭 π™Žπ™π™π˜Ώπ™€π™‰π™ π™π™Šπ™ˆπ˜Όπ™‰π˜Ύπ™€ I have seen/read many stories where a student is crazy in love with her professor.. but what happens...