N. Chuuya X Fem! Reader: The...

By idykgxhkxld

Formerly powerful executive of the port mafia L/N Y/N decided to take the plunge to roam in new territory. Ri... More

Character Information
Prologue
1 - Looking the Gift Tiger in the Mouth
1.50 - The Untold Origins of the Detective Agency
1.52 - The Untold Origins of the Detective Agency
1.54 - The Untold Origins of the Detective Agency
1.56 - The Untold Origins of the Detective Agency
1.58 - The Untold Origins of the Detective Agency
2 - The Untold Origins of the Detective Agency
3 - Yokohama Gangster Paradise (Part 1)
4 - Yokohama Gangster Paradise (Part 2)
5 - The Fatalist's Sorrow
6 - Murder on D Street
7 - Kill a Man and Die Thee Too
8 - Detective Boys
9 - Beauty, Hushed Like a Statue
10 - Constantly Pushed Back to the Past
10.1 - The Dark Era
10.2 - The Dark Era
10.3 - The Dark Era
10.4 - The Dark Era
10.5 - The Dark Era
10.6 - The Dark Era
10.7 - The Dark Era
10.8 - The Dark Era
10.9 - The Dark Era
11 - The Strategy of Conflict
12 - Even If My Head Be Mistaken
13 - The Silent Tower and the Raven's Feast
14 - Daikokuten
15 - The Last Tycoon
15.1 - Dazai, Chuuya, Age Fifteen
15.2 - Dazai, Chuuya, Age Fifteen
15.3 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen
15.4 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen
15.5 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen
15.6 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen
15.7 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen
15.8 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen
15.9 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen
16 - Dazai, Chuuya, Aged Fifteen
16.1 - Stormbringer
16.2 - Stormbringer
16.3 - Stormbringer
16.4 - Stormbringer
16.5 - Stormbringer
16.6 - Stormbringer
16.7 - Stormbringer
16.8 - Stormbringer
16.9 - Stormbringer
17 - Stormbringer
17.2 - Dead Apple
17.3 - Dead Apple
17.4 - Dead Apple
17.5 - Dead Apple
18 - Slap the Stick
19 - Masked Assassin
20 - Mutual Destruction (Part 1)
21 - Mutual Destruction (Part 2)
22 - Mutual Destruction (Part 3)
23 - Echo
24 - Sunday Tragedy (Part 1)
25 - Sunday Tragedy (Part 2)
26 - Saudade
27 - Dreaming of Butterflies
28 - Promises

17.1 - Dead Apple

166 5 8
By idykgxhkxld

Yokohama.

A city brimming with life as throngs of people come and go.

But there is another face to this town.

Take one step away from the main streets, and you'll find the scars wrought by the mafia's battles. And... the city is also home to Skill Users - those with powers beyond all human comprehension.

You, were one of them.

―――――――――――――――――――――――

The Armed Detective Agency

Workaholic
@Atsushi

How long do you intend to keep
us waiting? Everyone is here now,
except you and Dazai. Hurry up and
find him already. We are waiting.

Sincerely,
Kunikida Doppo

You
Bro texted a whole ass paragraph 💀

Mommy
Bro used punctuation 💀💀

Has both the Brain Cells
Bro signed off with his full name 💀

The Normal One
Bro expected Dazai-San to show up 💀💀

Orphan Thief
Dear all,

What is this 'bro' you speak of?

Kind regards,
President Fukuzawa

―――――――――――――――――――――――

"This is the security footage from three years ago, in Taipei City, Taiwan," one of your coworkers explained, once all of you had arrived. "As you can see, a dense fog appeared for just a few minutes."

Kunikida Doppo, one of the senior-most members of the Armed Detective Agency. His Skill, the Matchless Poet, allowed for him to create anything as long as it was smaller than the notebook which created the objects.

"And now it's gone," you hummed, watching the video. "But it's no weather incident, is it, Kunikida-kun?"

"No. In fact, it seems to have been a cover of sorts, for after the fog lifted, the police found a dead body," Kunikida nodded, pulling up the pictures of the crime scene. "The burned corpse you see here."

"That's awful," a younger boy gasped.

Nakajima Atsushi, one of the newest recruits for the Armed Detective Agency. His Skill, Beast Beneath the Moonlight, allowed him to turn himself or certain parts of his body into that of a white tiger.

"He's a Skill User, isn't he?" Another one asked, snacking at chips.

Edogawa Ranpo, the reason the Agency even existed. Supposedly, after the President's run-in with the Super Deduction User, he decided to create a workplace for gifted people to take on cases the police couldn't solve.

"You're exactly right, Ranpo-San," Kunikida nodded. "Specifically, he was a flame-wielding Skill User well-known in the area."

Kunikida then clicked to show the next piece of footage.

"This is Singapore, one year ago," he continued. "Again, a thick fog rolled in, and another corpse was found after. He was a crack assassin who used cards as weapons."

The corpse in question, was pierced to a tall building, cards holding his clothes to the structure, with deep paper cuts strewn all over his figure.

"Detroit, six months ago," Kunikida continued, clicking further ahead. "Another body found after heavy fog."

"Let me guess, and Ice User?" You deadpanned, seeing the figure being stabbed through by many thick icicles.

"Exactly," Kunikida nodded. 

"In other words.. Skill Users all over the world are being killed... by the very skills they wield after this fog disappears," an elderly man summarised. "Is that the extent of it?"

President Fukuzawa Yukichi, one whose background no one knew. His Skill, All Men are Equal, allows for his employees to control and use their ability at will, without fear of hurting someone or themselves in the process.

"Could the fog be causing it somehow?" A child asked.

Miyazawa Kenji, a child who'd grown up on a farm, who only recently moved here after being scouted by the President. His Skill, Undefeated by the Rain, gave him insane amounts of strength provided he was hungry at the time. 

"We know of at least a hundred and twenty-eight similar incidents," Kunikida explained. "Over five hundred Skill Users killed. The Special Division for Unusual Powers uses the term "Serial Skill User Suicide Phenomenon" to refer to this chain of events."

Suddenly, Kunikida perked up, as if he'd remembered something.

"Speaking of suicide, where is that fool Dazai?" Kunikida asked, turning to Atsushi.

"He thought up a new suicide method... so he said he was skipping this meeting," Atsushi whimpered.

"That Belligerent Oaf!!!!" Kunikida yelled in frustration.

"I see," Ranpo hummed, slamming his fist down onto his open palm.

He opened a safe, and locked up all his snacks inside it, much to everyone's confusion. Unfortunately, when Kenji tried to ask, Ranpo shrugged it off as a secret, leaving you in the dark.

"So.. when they touch this fog... Skill Users wind up taking their own lives?" A ginger checked.

Tanizaki Junichiro, possibly the most average of everyone in the office. His ability, Light Snow, was a versatile one for it allowed him to create any illusion at his will. 

"I'll never let that happen!" A black haired girl whined, clinging to him. "You aren't allowed to kill yourself and leave me behind!"

.... and that was his sister, Tanizaki Naomi. No one truly understood their relationship, and decided to not question it in case your fears were proven to be true. Still, it was obvious that the two cared for each other a lot.

"So, how does all this relate to us?" A lady with a butterfly hairclip asked. "You're not just telling us this... as a warning, are you?"

Yosano Akiko, the Agency's Doctor. Her Skill, Thou Shalt Not Die, was a healing ability that was rare even amongst ability users. She was the most valuable asset of the Armed Detective Agency, for without her, you couldn't do any of the dangerous missions you usually did.

"The Special Division wants us to look into this," Kunikida sighed. "They have intel that a man believed to be related to these suicides has infiltrated Yokohama. They'd like us to investigate and apprehend him."

Kunikida clicked onto the next screen, allowing all of you to read the information about this man.

"Shibusawa Tatsuhiko, aged twenty-nine," you hummed.

"All we know is that he has some skill, and goes by the alias 'The Collector'," Kunikida explained. 

"'The Collector'?" Atsushi gasped, freezing.

"Something wrong?" You asked.

"Are you alright?" A young girl checked.

Izumi Kyoka was the newest recruit, one who came in less than a month after Atsushi did. Her Skill, Demon Snow, was one that used to be controlled by the mafia to use her as an assassin. Ever since she was employed, she'd been able to use her skill as she wanted to face against evil.

"No," Atsushi shuddered. "It's nothing."

"The Armed Detective Agency will take on this assignment," Fukuzawa decided. "The victims in this case have all been Skill Users. This is to protect all of you at the agency, but more than that, I feel...this case could cause even greater peril to society. We will do everything in our power to find this man. The search begins now."

By the time the late-night meeting ended, Fukuzawa decided to send Tanizaki and Kunikida out to meet up with a Special Divisions agent, in the hopes of collecting more intel. Everyone else, was sent back to their rooms, to rest for the night. For some reason, you couldn't sleep tonight, so headed onto the balcony to grab a smoke instead.

―――――――――――――――――――――――

Brat.

You
when r u coming back???
its like 11 where tf are you

Brat.
doing illegal shit lmaoo
like
/srs

You
.........
bro what

Brat.
me and the boys!!!

You
you better not get arrested
istfg
atsushi's gonna be the only
one who'll bail you out

Brat.
You wound me :((

You
good.

―――――――――――――――――――――――

You rolled your eyes in annoyance and blew out a puff of smoke.

Except, the smoke didn't clear away after a few seconds like it usually did. Instead, it only got thicker, floating not only around you, but also expanding to reach the ground. It didn't take a genius to put two and two together.

You were trapped in the fog.

As if things couldn't get any better, you noticed that there wasn't any signal anymore, meaning you couldn't use your phone to contact the rest of the agency. You had to find Dazai, and fast. He was probably the only one who wouldn't be affected by this mess, due to his nullification ability.

You just had to hope that you could find him in time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.7K 2.6K 16
After stumbling into Yokohama and causing trouble for the infamous Port Mafia, you soon come face to face with one of its executives, Nakahara Chuuya...
38K 1.1K 15
Atsushi has a small crush on Dazai. But apparently Dazai likes someone else. That someone else was a person that everyone was least expecting, for he...
36.6K 867 20
Dazai ex Port mafia executive, Y/n current Port mafia executive they were past lovers until the sudden disappearance of Dazai Osamu and was found on...
31.7K 1.3K 38
*this book can be read as a sequel to my book Little Doll (Mafia!dazai x reader) or on its own.* Time doesn't change everything and four years into t...