✓ HYPE BOY 𖥻 심재윤

By ichoon

심재윤 ☆ Summer was dull and tedious at her father's Resort in Jeju. Everything Moon Doyun needed to make it shi... More

HYPE BOY
00. PROLOGUE : Starry Night
01. Messy bedroom
02. Surprises
03. Show around
04. First night
05. Attention, please!
06. Awkward silence
07. Music genius
08. Hideout
09. Lovebirds
10. Down memory lane
12. Friends don't date
13. But I like you
14. Make your peace
15. Yun
16. New light
17. Golden hour
18. Hype boy
19. Vintage dress
20. Heart to heart

11. Birthday bliss

384 29 62
By ichoon

Birthday bliss

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

"How does this look?"

Doyun tiredly looked up at the cheerful girl rummaging in her room's closet, showing her a pastel pink dress with a beautiful lace design on the chest, "Like the ten thousand dresses you already showed me, Hyein."

It had been only a day since Hyein, Danielle, and Dohyuck arrived in Jeju, and her room was already a mess thanks to Earthquake Hyein – a nickname Danielle had given the youngest because of her exuberant personality. Exuberant is an understatement.

As soon as they arrived at the airport, Hyein actually managed to get held back by the security guards because of something 'dangerous' she was carrying. Turns out it was just a half-opened bottle of makeup remover which was too big for the airport guidelines. But still, their three hours stuck at the airport weren't going to come back to them.

When they finally met up with Doyun, Danielle jumped on her, hugging her and making her stumble, which resulted in both of them falling to the ground. In the middle of the airport.

Because of the little inconvenience at the airport, as soon as they arrived at the resort, the sky was already dark and the moon high in the firmament. All of the three arriving were too tired to do anything so they decided to meet on the next day to go to the village and spend some time together.

The real next day, which would be none other than Doyun's birthday.

Summer was truly her season, being born on the first days of July confirmed it.

"Hyein, you're always the last to get ready!" Doyun scolded the youngest, who had just decided the dress she was going to wear for that special day, "Dohyuck and Jungwon are waiting for us!"

Danielle only laughed at the scene, laying down on her belly on Doyun's comfortable bed. She was already ready, fixing her makeup and her hair.

"I'm ready, I'm ready!" Hyein panicked, quickly tying her shoelaces as she placed herself in front of the mirror. She ran a hand through her hair, "Do I look good?"

"Yes, Dohyuck is going to like your outfit." Danielle smiled, already knowing why the girl was so meticulous about her look. Hyein flashed her a toothy grin, grabbing her phone from the bedside table, "We can go!"

Doyun opened the door, going down the stairs with the girls next to her.

They quickly reached the main plaza, where Dohyuck and Jungwon were sitting on the fountain, speaking to a figure standing in front of them.

Jungwon noticed the girls approaching, jumping up from the fountain, "How long do girls take to get ready? I fear that the stereotype is real." He laughed.

"Shut up, it's Hyein," Doyun sighed, "Danielle and I were ready twenty minutes ago."

Dohyuck approached them, wrapping his sister in his arms, "Happy birthday, oldie!"

"I'm just one year older than you!" Doyun chuckled, hugging her brother back.

"It's your birthday?"

The third boy popped up from being Dohyuck, his big eyes directed to Doyun. She raised her eyebrows when she saw Jake, not expecting him to be there, "Yes, it's my birthday."

He displayed a charming smile on his face, "Happy birthday then, Doyun."

"Are we ready to go?" Jungwon checked his phone, interrupting their conversation. Everyone nodded, except Jake.

"Are you coming with us?" Doyun asked Jake, catching his attention.

He turned his head towards her, shaking it softly, "Not today, I just saw Jungwon and wanted to say hi. I need to meet up with my friends today."

The five waved their goodbyes to Jake, walking in the opposite direction. They walked down the road Doyun had taken just two weeks before with Jake, quickly arriving at the small village.

This time, they went to a different area of the village. The part the music shop was in, was more on the secluded and local areas, while the place where they were going now was more populated and touristic.

The big central square held a special place in their hearts. It was a tradition for them to spend Doyun's birthday there, eat local food in a small tavern, where a lovely old lady would always serve them way more stew than what they asked for, before going back on the beach and spending the rest of the day at the hideout.

The night was never that special, Doyun liked to spend it in her bed with Hyein and Danielle and have a girls' night, chewing on some popcorn and watching movies.

"It's always nice to come back here." Dohyuck inhaled some fresh air, a satisfied smile plastered on his lips.

The small group walked to the center of the plaza. A duo formed by two old men was playing an old-looking guitar and a tambourine, spreading a cozy feeling in the contrasting cool air.

"Oh, I love this song!" Hyein jumped, pulling on Dohyuck's arm to take him closer to the men. Her wide eyes were admiring them as they played, dreaming about that precious moment. She swayed back and forth, swinging along her jointed hand with the boy next to her.

Danielle tilted her head at the heartwarming scene, "They're adorable."

Doyun spun her head towards the girl, before turning it back to the couple in front of her. They did look good together but sometimes Doyun asked herself why, out of all people, it had to be her best friend and her brother.

It wasn't weird anymore for her, but something felt bitter about their relationship. Maybe she was just jealous of her brother finding love before her, but it wasn't the end of the world.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm starving." Jungwon interfered in that special moment, a loud rumble leaving his belly. Doyun let out a soft laugh, grabbing his arm as they walked towards the well-known tavern they used to visit every year, "We can go now, they'll come after."

Jungwon shoved his hands in his jeans' pockets, admiring around, "You never brought me here."

"It's my second time here this year," Doyun replied, "I hadn't had much time."

"Well, since I already got my paycheck for the last month, and today it's your birthday, I can pay you girls for lunch." Jungwon proudly said, before his smug smile disappeared from his face, "I'm not paying for Dohyuck."

Doyun widened her eyes, a teasing smile forming on her face, "Nope! You'll pay for our dinner in Seoul, this place is too cheap. You'll take us to a luxury restaurant and we'll eat tons of caviar and lobster."

He rolled his eyes as they finally arrived in front of the restaurant, "Forget it! I'm paying for something cheap."

Eventually, Doyun decided to let him pay that day, paying off the debt they had bet just a month ago. After Danielle, Hyein, and Dohyuck arrived at the restaurant as well, which didn't take long, they all accommodated outside of it, waiting for the sweet woman who'd always served them.

The lunch seemed never-ending, they were sure they hadn't ordered that much, but probably it was just the owner of the restaurant serving them way more food like always. She also knew it was Doyun's birthday – that woman never forgot a single detail about anyone – and when the group was worn out on the table, she even served five chocolate cupcakes, one of them decorated with white and pink frosting and a single candle on top.

They took a walk after the heavy lunch, trying to digest the enormous quantity of food they ate, but they were all so tired.

"We should change restaurant next year," Danielle sighed, "That woman never stops serving us food."

"I'm sure she served us at least five more dishes than what we asked for." Dohyuck added, making the group laugh.

"Let's go back to the hideout." Doyun proposed, everyone agreeing with her. They took the same road as before but this time, instead of going back to the resort, only a kilometer before they took a shortcut to the hideout, a remote pathway which led straight to the cave. It was faster than taking the way of the sea, so it only took a couple of minutes from there to arrive at the cave.

They entered on the opposite entrance, finding the cave empty. Since the last time, for some reason Doyun found its emptiness odd, in only a couple of hours she had gotten used to it being full of people having fun.

Dohyuck was the most excited about the hideout. He used to spend endless afternoons with Hanbin and his sister there and he probably hadn't visited in years, considering how fast he shoved his white shirt to Doyun's face before running into the sea, jumping in the freezing cold water like it wasn't that big of a deal.

Jungwon followed right after him, removing his shoes and laying them next to the younger boy's. He removed the black shirt he was wearing and remained with a white tank top, before jumping on top of Dohyuck who was about to resurface.

The two boys splashed each other in the water. Dohyuck held Jungwon's head underwater: despite him being younger than him, he was way bigger and taller, making it difficult for Jungwon to overpower him.

The girls, in the meanwhile, laid their bags on the sand, removing their summer dresses as well before following the boys in the water.

If anyone happened to walk outside of the cave, everything they would have heard would have been joyful laughs and the sound of water splashing. They played in the water for hours and hours, forgetting about the world outside of the grotto.

Hyein jumped on Dohyuck's back as Doyun did the same with Jungwon, the girls tried to push each other underwater, until Dohyuck took control of the situation, pushing harshly on Jungwon and making him fall underwater with Doyun on top of him.

Danielle high-fived the winning couple, laughing at the awkward resurface on the older couple, "You guys actually managed to lose to these two?"

Jungwon shook his head, removing his damp hair from his face, "Did you see that boy?" He screamed, "He's two times my size, how am I supposed to win when Doyun doesn't know how to push Hyein down?"

"Excuse me?!" The girl in question slapped his friend's arm with an incredulous grimace on her face.

"You heard that right, Doyun. You have no arm strength." Jungwon frantically shook his arms, indicating the girl's weaker ones.

After Jungwon and Doyun's little argument over whether or not Doyun's arms were weak or not – they were –, the group continued to play in the water. They dove into the water from a higher rock, forcing Danielle to jump down despite her fear of jumping into something dangerous.

"Dani, I've been jumping down this cliff for 18 years of my life," Doyun tried to convince her,

"Do you think that I wouldn't have noticed a pointy rock by now?!"

"What if you never hit that?!" She screamed in fear, looking down at the rock.

Without a second thought, Jungwon pushed Danielle down the cliff, the girl's screams filling the cave with an echo before a rumbling splash drowned her yell. Doyun's eyes widened towards the satisfied boy next to her, "She's gonna hate you forever, you know that, right?"

Jungwon simply shrugged, "It was worth trying."

The group looked down from the rock, where Danielle had just re-emerged from the water. Her eyes were locked as she froze on her spot. She slowly walked to the shore, where she let herself fall. She sat down, staring blankly at a spot in front of her.

The group jumped down the cliff into the water, quickly reaching the place where Danielle was sitting, "Dani, are you okay?"

"Jungwon, if you fucking do that again." The group stopped as Danielle sent a death gaze to the boy. If it wasn't for Doyun stopping her, Danielle would have jumped at Jungwon's neck, trying to drown him, it was already odd enough to hear her curse.

"I think it's time to go." Doyun smiled at Dani, "Don't worry, you won't see the cliff again."

Danielle quickly forgot about that traumatic experience, going back to smiling like she was used to. Typical of her.

They gather their clothes, wearing them as their shirts and dresses stick to their wet bodies. They didn't care though, holding on to their shoes as they walked out of the cave barefoot.

"Today was such a nice day." Doyun smiled, holding her shoes behind her back, maintaining a tight grip on the shoelaces, "I hadn't had this much fun in a while."

Danielle hugged her from the side, "I'm so glad we had the time to come here and spend your birthday with you."

They walked on the shore until they reached the beach of the resort. When their feet were finally dry, they put on their shoes and sandals and walked out of the beach. Jungwon dried his hair with the large towel resting on his shoulders, "I have sand literally everywhere."

"Guys!"

Doyun turned around, hearing a familiar masculine voice, "Hi, Heeseung."

The boy walked behind them, jogging a little to catch up with the group. He waved to all of them, including the three he didn't know, "Sorry, did I interrupt you?"

"Not at all!" Doyun reassured him, "Do you need something?"

"Yes, actually," He began, talking openly to the whole group, "We're organizing a beach party. It's gonna be this Friday and everyone is invited."

The group enthusiastically accepted the invite, bidding their goodbyes to Heeseung when he left for the beach.

They reached the main square, forming a circle next to the fountain, "Where are your rooms?" Doyun asked the three newcomers, she already knew Jungwon's room was on the other side of the resort, and that's exactly the direction the other three pointed at.

She tilted her head as she rolled her eyes, "Really? I have to go back by myself."

Danielle lightly squeezed her shoulder, "Don't worry, Hyein and I will come to your room later. 9 pm, like always."

Doyun sent the girl a playful grin, "9 pm."

They waved their goodbyes before Doyun left for the opposite side of the resort compared to the others. She shortly after reached the building of her room, grabbing the magnetic key from her bag.

"Doyun!"

She spun her head, meeting a panting boy running in her direction, "Jake?"

He leaned on the wall, trying to catch his breath, "I looked for you everywhere. Are you going somewhere?"

"Actually, I'm going back to my room. Why were you–"

"Do you have plans?" He quickly said, interrupting her.

"Well, I–"

"Meet me here at 7 pm. Wear something nice."

With that, he sprinted from where he came from, leaving the girl alone with a puzzled expression. What was all that about?

She looked at her phone, it was almost 6 pm, and she had enough time to take a shower and remove the salty feeling from her body and hair, but why all that rush to see her?

She was supposed to get ready for the girls' night with her friends. It was a tradition of her birthday and she already promised them she'd be available that night.

Well, sometimes traditions are made to be renowned, and surely the girls wouldn't have minded for one night.

☆ AUTHOR 's SPACE ☽˚。⋆.
This is one of my longer chapters
so I hope it doesn't bore you 🥲
I had so much fun writing about
these characters I love this
kind of friend groups 😭🤍
#SEOULGANGZ my pookies

Thank you for reading till here ♡ ,
JYR .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36K 62
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
234K 12.1K 52
❛ Where in she was only supposed to be grocery shopping, not fall in love at first sight with the cashier. ❜ - LEE HEESEUNG rikidazed, 2022
4.6K 136 12
Jake is your brothers bestfriend. You're guys aren't exactly close , yet he's always had your back. it not long until you start to fall for him.
5.1K 216 31
𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧...