✓ HYPE BOY 𖥻 심재윤

By ichoon

심재윤 ☆ Summer was dull and tedious at her father's Resort in Jeju. Everything Moon Doyun needed to make it shi... More

HYPE BOY
00. PROLOGUE : Starry Night
01. Messy bedroom
02. Surprises
03. Show around
05. Attention, please!
06. Awkward silence
07. Music genius
08. Hideout
09. Lovebirds
10. Down memory lane
11. Birthday bliss
12. Friends don't date
13. But I like you
14. Make your peace
15. Yun
16. New light
17. Golden hour
18. Hype boy
19. Vintage dress
20. Heart to heart

04. First night

522 38 18
By ichoon

First night

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

    Despite it being almost 7 pm, the sky was still as bright as ever, with no clouds hiding the beautiful colors of the late summer afternoon.

Doyun threw herself on the soft bed, sighing heavily as she wiped the sweat out of her face. "Finally, I unpacked everything. It took ages."

She blindly grabbed her phone from the bed, trying to feel it with her right hand. She turned it on, a message pop-up catching her attention. Meet me at the main plaza at 8 pm. Don't be late! She smiled softly reading Hanbin's message.

She surely couldn't leave her room in that state: big droplets of sweat covered her whole skin, making her clothes stick to it. She decided to take a shower, letting all the exertion from that day slide away from her.

She quickly got out of the shower. She stood in front of the mirror, somehow she had already got a faint tan. I love summer.

Doyun went back to her room, opening her now full closet. She opted for a pair of white baggy jeans, paired with a lilac top. It was perfect for summer, not the lightest but good enough, in case the temperatures would have dropped that night.

She fixed her make-up, making sure her dark hair was perfect. She checked her phone, it was 7:56 pm.

"Oh shit!" She cursed under her breath, rushing to the door. She grabbed a white handbag before closing the door behind her.

She rapidly went down the stairs, the elevator would have taken too much. She had no intention to be late on her first night there.

The powerful sun rays kissed her face as Doyun stepped foot out of the building. She ran around the hedge, shortly after reaching the main plaza. Running was truly the thing she despised the most, especially when it involved some stupid bet Danielle and Hyein came up with. Luckily for Doyun, this time she didn't have to pay for anyone's drink.

Doyun took her phone out of her handbag. 8:01 pm.

She looked around the plaza, searching for Hanbin's familiar face. She sat down on the stone fountain in the middle of the plaza, dialing the boy's number after not finding him.

After a couple of beeps, Hanbin's voice resonated in her ear, "Doyun?"

"Where are you?" She said, still looking around the plaza.

"Turn around." She did as his voice said. In the plaza, old couples and young children wandered around, but there was still no sign of Hanbin.

When she was about to respond, saying she couldn't see him anywhere, someone jumped in front of her, startling her. If it wasn't for Hanbin's grip on her shoulders, she would have probably fallen into the fountain.

"Are you crazy? Oh my god, what's wrong with you." She screamed, regaining her balance as she sat properly on the fountain. On the other hand, in front of her, Hanbin burst out laughing, bending in two as he held his stomach.

He wiped some tears from his eyes, "I'm sorry but I had to see your reaction."

She stood up from the fountain, slamming his shoulders. He composed himself, letting out a long amused sigh. He looked down at her, a playful smirk displayed on his face, "Shall we go?"

Doyun nodded, walking side by side with Hanbin towards the restaurant on the beach. The breeze swayed their light clothes softly, as the sun began to set, leaving red and orange hues dancing in the sky, a faint outline of the moon starting to appear in the firmament.

Doyun's eyes traveled above her, admiring the beautiful sky. Seoul's sky was never that vivid, the smog cloud made it look more faded and the colors were only vivid in Doyun's imagination, thinking about Jeju. Finally being able to see them again was almost magical to the girl.

As they descended the hill toward the restaurant, two girls standing in front of the entrance caught their attention. Especially, Doyun's attention.

One of the girls had long, straight, jet-black hair, carefully tied up in a ponytail, while the other had soft dirty blonde waves, which were left untied, resting on her shoulders.

They both turned around at the same time, wide smiles were visible on their faces as they recognized the girl walking next to Hanbin.

Doyun gasped, "Minji! Haerin!" She ran towards her friends, embracing them in a tight hug. The two chuckled, patting the girl's back. Minji, the black-haired girl, smiled at her, "We missed you too, Doyun."

Minji was the same age as Hanbin, while Haerin was the same age as Doyun. They were locals, meaning they were born and raised in Jeju. They weren't guests at the Resort, but years back, when Doyun had met them in the city center, she had insisted with her dad that they'd get free entry whenever they wanted, to spend time with her.

After a lot of refusals from Taeseok, he had eventually given in, fulfilling his daughter's request. She finally had someone to invite to spend her free days, whether that meant sunbathing all day long on the beach, strolling around the Resort, or playing golf in the designated area.

They always found something to do.

Hanbin finally reached them, as he waved his hands in the air, "Surprise!"

Doyun turned to face him, an interrogated expression displayed on her face, "What do you mean?"

"They're having dinner with us." He said with an obvious tone, as Doyun's eyes widened.

The four of them entered the restaurant, taking a seat at the table Hanbin had reserved for them on the terrace. They sat down, admiring the scenery around them: the waves slamming against the shore, the sun slowly hiding behind the horizon and the fairy lights shining above them.

"Where is Hanni?" Doyun suddenly asked, gaining the three's attention.

Haerin, who was sitting in front of her, replied first, "She is still working."

Unlike Haerin and Minji, Hanni was employed in the Resort, like Hanbin. Despite not being Korean, Hanni had lived most of her life in Jeju, making her a local as well.

Like Jungwon, she spent her summer holidays working, trying to earn some money. She had also just concluded High School and her next goal was to move to Seoul to start University. Her parents, the strictest parents Doyun had ever known, didn't agree to pay the whole tuition for Uni, agreeing with the idea that Hanni should start to work for herself.

That's why, for the last couple of summer holidays, she had started working for her dear friend's father. She enjoyed the beach, so why not work at a Resort?

"What is her occupation here?" Doyun asked, confused, it was unusual for Hanni to pick a job that didn't have to do with kids, and since it was now the evening, she wondered what her job would be.

This time, Minji, who was sitting next to Doyun, answered, "On the weekends she does evening kids' entertainment till 9 pm, that's why she isn't here now."

"We'll meet her at the lounge." Hanbin continued, scrolling through the menu.

They decided to eat fish dishes, as that was one of the best fish restaurants in the whole of Jeju, according to both Hanbin and Minji. The dinner went on smoothly: they ate delicious food, catching up on their lives and chatting about their upcoming life projects.

After the exquisite dessert, Hanbin offered to pay, despite the girls insisting to split the bill. As usual, he didn't listen to them, standing up to pay.

The girls followed him out of the restaurant, chatting on their way to the beach bar, where the stage was.

They crossed the same floral archway that Doyun and Hanbin had crossed that afternoon. Their covered feet entered in contact with the soft sand, now dark because of the night sky.

The beach was bathed in the gentle glow of the moonlight, as it looked down on earth. The bright stars created an atmosphere of serenity and hospitality.

Doyun looked around for Hanni, but unfortunately, she couldn't find her. Hanbin interrupted her search as he spoke to the girls, "Should we get a drink before the show begins?"

Doyun was about to respond, when she saw her father on top of the stage, adjusting some cables on the floor as he spoke to a young boy, who looked like one of the workers.

"Go to the bar, I'll get there in a second." Doyun told the others, as she went towards the stage. She stepped on the grass pitch, crossing her arms under her chest, "You didn't tell me you liked singing, Dad."

Taeseok turned around, startled by the familiar voice. He smiled at Doyun, his mustache raising ever so slightly as he faked a laugh, "You're always this funny, Doyun?"

Doyun's smile grew on her face, as Taeseok continued, "I'm just checking how the preparations are going, darling. What are you doing here, anyway?"

"I couldn't miss the first show!" Doyun yawned, covering her mouth with her hand. She was surely drained after the long day, but the idea of the live music shows was too exciting for her not to go. "I'm here with Hanbin, Minji, and Haerin."

Taeseok nodded, pointing at the tables in front of the stage, "You better take place now, it might get full pretty quickly."

Doyun agreed with him, deciding to go back to the bar, where her friends still were.

"Doyun?"

The girl turned around, startled by the sudden voice, finding none other than the person she was looking for earlier, "Oh my god, Hanni!"

She hugged the girl, breaking the hug just a few seconds after, "Hanbin and the girls are at the bar."

Hanni linked her arm with Doyun's walking together towards the bar, where Hanbin, Minji, and Haerin were sitting in front of Jungwon, who was mixing colorful drinks.

Hanni waved at Hanbin and the girls, sitting next to Haerin. Doyun and Hanni ordered their drinks, as Doyun repeated her father's words, "We should go take a seat now."

They waved to Jungwon, as he swiftly moved behind the counter to serve a middle-aged woman. They went back to the stage, sitting down on a lounge couch, as they sipped on their colorful straws.

The stage was lit up by warm-toned spotlights and hanging fairy lights. Lounge music was playing through the speakers, as Taeseok walked up the stage. The audience was now way more than just a few minutes before, Doyun was even glad her friends and her had found a seat.

Taeseok tapped on the mic in the middle of the stage, producing a loud acute noise. He cleared his mouth, speaking through the mic, "Welcome everyone to this first live music show of this magical summer."

Doyun and her friends whistled and clapped, along with the other viewers, catching Taeseok's attention. The latter waved at them, laughing softly at their innocence, "Both bands and soloists will perform for you all. Everyone is welcome to join if you'd like to show off your talent."

"The lounge on my right," Taeseok continued as he raised his arm to point to the bar, "will stay open until late at night. You are all invited to have fun and enjoy yourself until then."

Taeseok bowed slightly at the audience, welcoming a young woman on the stage. She sat down in front of the mic, holding a wooden guitar, as her angelic voice invaded every inch of the beach.

☆ AUTHOR 's SPACE ☽˚。⋆.
This chapter is pretty boring BUT!
Next chapter is gonna be one of my
favs 🥹 I hope you're excited because
Jake might be in it 🫣

Don't forget to vote and comment and
let me know what you think of the
story so far ♡ I'm enjoying writing it
so much so I hope it's the same for
you reading it !

Thank you for reading till here ♡ ,
JYR .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

385K 13.7K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
95.2K 4K 52
- twelve weeks away from the city, it took her twelve weeks to fall in love him
173K 6.8K 47
a park sunghoon social media au ; ⌗ lee chaeyoung was dared by her best friend to text a famous model in korea and things get fucked up ↻ completed
5.2K 216 31
𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧...