✓ HYPE BOY 𖥻 심재윤

Por ichoon

심재윤 ☆ Summer was dull and tedious at her father's Resort in Jeju. Everything Moon Doyun needed to make it shi... Más

HYPE BOY
01. Messy bedroom
02. Surprises
03. Show around
04. First night
05. Attention, please!
06. Awkward silence
07. Music genius
08. Hideout
09. Lovebirds
10. Down memory lane
11. Birthday bliss
12. Friends don't date
13. But I like you
14. Make your peace
15. Yun
16. New light
17. Golden hour
18. Hype boy
19. Vintage dress
20. Heart to heart

00. PROLOGUE : Starry Night

1.3K 56 43
Por ichoon

Starry night

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

The summertime night sky was marvelous, magical almost. Every star looked down on Earth, shining bright next to the splendid moon. Its silver light shone upon Seoul's narrow lanes, while a fresh night breeze caressed the trees' foliage.

Three running girls interrupted the quiet night, their soiled sneakers splashing in the puddles from that day's rain. The two girls in the front laughed softly, waking up the people in the nearby houses trying to sleep the night away.

The girl in the back tried to catch up with the two younger girls, panting for more air. Her dark braided hair flowed in the night sky, camouflaging with the pitch-black firmament. Only when the two girls in the front slowed down in front of a convenience store, the girl halted as well, catching her breath with her hands on her knees.

"Oh, come on Doyun!" The youngest screamed at the weary girl, receiving a soft smack on the shoulder from the girl on her side, "Hyein! Don't scream like that, it's almost midnight." She whispered.

The last girl finally reached the convenience store as well, gaining proud smiles from the younger girls, "Doyun, you're last. That means you pay for our drinks."

Doyun shushed the girl with her hand, "Yeah I know, Dani."

The girls softly giggled, entering the convenience store, where a tired-looking boy sat behind the cashier, on his phone. "Welcome." He said uninterestedly, staring at his device, from where low-volume music played.

The girls walked straight to the beverages aisle, grabbing an ice cup each and their favorite drinks. After Hyein's contemplation on whether to get a soda or watermelon juice, the three walked to the boy, who was now forced to put down his phone and scan the girls' items.

Danielle and Hyein walked out of the convenience store, leaving Doyun alone to pay. Their playful smiles grew even wider when they noticed their friend sending them a death glare.

"It'll be 10,000 won." The boy's monotone voice spoke, waiting for Doyun's money. She handed him the money as he carefully placed the items she bought in a clear plastic bag.

"Thank you." Doyun grabbed the bag handed by the boy, placing a hand underneath it to make sure the ice wouldn't spill out of the cups. She walked towards the door as the boy went back to his phone with a dull expression.

Doyun opened the door with her shoulder, staring amusedly at the girls sitting down on one of the plastic tables, "I hate you two."

"Hey, it's not our fault if you're the slowest." Danielle chimed, helping Doyun with the bag she was holding. They took out their respective beverages, pouring them into the plastic cup.

"I love staying out late with you," Hyein said, sipping on her plastic straw.

Danielle caressed her arm, "You're here only because school is over."

Hyein was the youngest among the three, she was one year younger than both Doyun and Dani. They all went to the same high school, even though now Hyein would be alone, as Doyun and Dani graduated just a few days before that night.

Hyein was reminded of school, having now a sad expression on her soft features, "How will I do in September without you at school?"

"Jungwon will still be there," Doyun sipped from the straw, fixing her braided hair behind her back with her free hand.

Just as she said those words, a running boy approached them, holding onto Doyun's chair to not fall on the floor exhausted, "Sorry, I know I'm late."

Jungwon stood next to their table with sweat droplets falling from his forehead and sticking his hair to it. He was in formal attire, very much unlikely of his, which made the three girls giggle at the poor boy, "Jungwon, where were you dressed like that?"

The boy grabbed a chair from the closest table, throwing himself on it, "I told you, I was at dinner with my parents! I left as soon as I could."

Jungwon snatched Doyun's cup, removing the straw and lid, gulping down most of her lemon soda and even eating some of the ice. He closed the cup and handed it to the girl as if nothing happened, "Thank you."

Dani hummed softly, covering her mouth with her hand, "Why do your parents keep going out for dinner?"

Jungwon threw his hands in the air dramatically, "I'd like to know too! We're this close to going bankrupt and they act like we're fucking billionaires."

Despite attending one of the most prestigious high schools in Seoul, Jungwon's family was not as rich as the other students'. He was able to attend the school thanks to the scholarship he had won in middle school, but it still wasn't enough.

He hated how his parents acted as if they had all the money they clearly didn't have. That's why his summer agenda consisted in working to earn his own money without depending on his parents' – who already had barely any for themselves.

"I'm just glad your father let me work at his Resort." He looked at Doyun, smiling fondly at the girl. She had known both him and his family ever since she moved to Seoul from Jeju, her hometown, to their current neighborhood.

He had helped her many times with school, the least she could do was provide him some financial help. She grinned back at Jungwon, "Of course! When are you leaving for Jeju?"

He leaned back on the chair, resting his elbows on the armrests and fidgeting with his fingers, "Tomorrow morning, my flight is scheduled for 10 am."

Danielle frowned, checking her phone, before looking back at the boy, "It's past midnight, shouldn't you go home and rest?"

Jungwon shook his head, "I'm going to be fine, I want to stay with you while I can."

Hyein chuckled lightly, finishing her beverage with a loud noise, "You are such a sweetheart."

His cheeks flushed pink as he scoffed, embarrassed by the girl's nickname. The girls laughed, entertained by his behavior.

Dani changed the topic, focusing on the girl at her right who was still chuckling at Jungwon's rosy cheeks, "Doyun, what about you? When are you leaving for Jeju?"

The girl in question turned her head to face Danielle. She stopped laughing, a serene grin plastered on her face, "Next week, on Sunday."

Doyun's face was veiled by a sad aura. The smile she previously had was no longer visible on her round face and her eyebrows furrowed into an unhappy grimace.

Hyein noticed immediately the change on her friend's face, reaching out for her arm across the table, "What's up with that expression, Doyun?"

Doyun shook her head lightly, it wasn't as serious as she was making it seem, "It's just that... it's my first summer without school and I'd prefer staying here with you guys than working at my father's resort."

Danielle grinned lightheartedly as her voice grew bubbly, "Come on, Doyun! You're going to have fun!"

"Right!" Hyein Continued, her eyes shining bright under the night sky, "At least you're not stuck in Seoul like I am."

"Hey, it's your fault for skipping classes with my brother!" Doyun reminded the youngest girl about her romantic escapades with her younger brother during school, which resulted in both of them having to attend summer school. Hyein's eyes widened as her cheeks turn a bright shade of red.

Dani and Jungwon burst out laughing at the girl, who by now was hiding her face with her hands. Doyun let out a chuckle too, thinking about her younger brother. Why did he fall in love with my best friend, out of all people?

Truth be told, she didn't mind her brother going out with one of her closest friends, it was just funny how fate chose Hyein for him. She never even thought about the two together, they were too different from each other, but apparently, they managed to make it work, and Doyun was fine with it.

Jungwon stood up from the chair, sliding it on the concrete floor. He stretched his arms above his head, unintentionally taking his ironed shirt out of his gray pants, "Should we walk a bit? I'm about to fall asleep on this chair."

The girls followed along, throwing their empty cups in the convenience store's bin. They walked in the dimly lit lanes of Seoul's outskirts, the only noise being their steps on the wet concrete and their chatter.

Doyun stuffed her hands in the pockets of the light hoodie she was wearing, property of her brother, which despite him being younger than her by a year, was still too big for the girl. She stared at a point in the distance, thinking about her upcoming summer holidays. Wasted summer holidays, according to her.

At least she could see her friends again, the only thing she was grateful for back in Jeju. Without them, summer would totally be duller and would definitely feel like it never ended. Between work shifts, it was always good to stroll around the beach with Minji, get something refreshing to drink with Hanni or go for a swim with Haerin.

And how to forget her childhood friend. He was like a big brother to her. She knew she could always count on him for everything. During the year, she would often make long calls with him, updating him on her school and listening to him complain about his work.

"Doyun? Are you still here with us?" A cheerful voice, which Doyun could recognize as Dani's, interrupted her thoughts. She spun her head towards the wavy-haired girl, who let out a bubbly chuckle, "What were you thinking about?"

Doyun shrugged it off, "Summer."

Hyein sighed dramatically, curling her fingers around the girl's shoulders, "Oh my god, stop with this!"

Jungwon continued, "It's going to be fun!"

"I have an idea!" Danielle chimed, halting in her place. The three stopped around her, waiting for her to continue, "Last one to get to Nae-Soong Park will pay for everyone's dinner once Jungwon and Doyun come back."

Jungwon didn't hesitate to sprint toward the park, followed by Danielle and Hyein. Doyun, once again, was last. She could handle paying for a few drinks, but a whole dinner? She wasn't going to pay.

The four ran freely in the now cool early summer air. The moon kept shining above them, their pale skin glistened with a silver undertone.

Surprisingly, this time Jungwon was the last one, despite being the first sprinting away.

Danielle raised an eyebrow at Doyun, "Moon Doyun isn't last? Now that's something new."

Hyein, the one who crossed the park's gate first, placed her hands on her hips, catching her breath, "Jungwon, how did the only boy get last?"

Jungwon sat down on the gravel path regardless of his formal suit, "I told you I was already tired."

Doyun sat down next to him, punching him softly on the arm, "In September, you'll pay dinner for all of us with your brand new paycheck."

Jungwon shrugged her arm off, already thinking about the wasted money that he didn't have yet.

The four sat down on a bench, admiring the empty park, a lamppost tilted above their heads.

Summer had just started, but Doyun wished she could live that moment for her whole life. Words weren't necessary with her friends. Their still short breaths from the run and a nice view of the green park were enough for her.

That summer had other plans for her though. It wasn't Nae-soong Park, with the beautiful dark sky above them, the pleasing scenery she would have admired that whole summer It was the beautiful clear water and the busy beaches in Jeju, straight from the beach bar, preparing refreshing drinks and cutting juicy watermelons.

"Shit, it's already 1 am." Jungwon cursed, staring at his wristwatch, "I still haven't packed my stuff."

The girls looked over at him in disbelief, Dani being the first to talk, "Isn't your flight at 10?"

"It is!" The boy jumped up from his seat, looking down at the girls, "I need to go right now."

"I'll come with you." Doyun stood up as well, "I don't want to go home by myself later."

Dani and Hyein stood up as well, hugging the boy for one last time. They bid goodbyes, going opposite ways.

Jungwon and Doyun left the park from the same gate they had entered earlier. Jungwon walked at a fast pace, Doyun could barely keep up with him, "Hey, don't go this fast!"

"I need to go home immediately! What should I even pack?" His eyes widened suddenly as he halted in front of the girl. He turned around, a tight grip reaching for the girl's shoulders, "What if my parents are awake and ask me what I was doing out this late? What if they scold me?"

"Jungwon!" She placed her hands on top of the boy's, making him stop talking, "Shut up and let's go."

Thankfully, Nae-soong Park wasn't that far from their rich neighborhood. Jungwon slowed down at the beginning of the tree-lined avenue. Doyun looked up at him with a sincere grin plastered on her face. He smiled back, hugging her tightly, "I'll see you next week."

She closed her eyes, enjoying the embrace of her friend, "See you soon."

They broke the hug. Doyun's house was one of the first houses on the avenue, while Jungwon's was on the other side of the road and a few blocks away.

Doyun waved at Jungwon as he crossed the street, rummaging in her bag for her keys. She opened the brown gate, closing it right behind her.

She glanced at the dark windows of her own house, both her mother and her brother must have been asleep by then. On the other hand, her father was far away, already in Jeju working hard for the summer season.

Doyun leaned back against the gate. She still couldn't believe summer was there. High school was over and University was right around the corner. In the middle though, she still had three long months of beaches, ukulele melodies playing all day long and fresh drinks. Somehow she felt different from just an hour ago.

"Maybe it won't be that bad." She whispered to herself.

☆ AUTHOR 's SPACE ☽˚。
Man that's a long ass chapter...
The prologue for Hype Boy is here !
I am so excited to share this story
since I truly love Doyun so much
we're literally like this 🤞 Hope you
guys are excited as much as I am
about her story !

Let me know what you think about this
prologue by sharing your thoughts &
opinions in the comments ! Also don't
forget to vote, it really helps me out ♡

Thank you for reading till here ♡ ,
JYR .

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

20.3K 905 32
" 𝗼𝗵, 𝗶 𝘄𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝗶'𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗺𝗲. " ✧ lee moonbyeol, a girl who has always looked for the one, meets...
8.6K 586 18
A story about two high schoolers falling in love, featuring walks in the rain. highest ranks : #1 jungwonff #1 jungwonfanfiction #1 enhypenjungwon
8.4K 752 34
In the beautiful countryside of late-Victorian England a young girl is forced to live with her grandparents. Everyday is the same and everyone is the...
56.5K 4.1K 31
"I think you're beautiful. You've always been beautiful." 이희승 | lee heeseung. 2021 © shuawons