The Dark Heir - Nyx

Od smplymxlfoy

Theia believed Nyx would come for her, Nyx believed Theia abandoned him. When it's time for Zenova, Nyx's co... Viac

1. Theia.
2. Nyx
3. Theia.
4. Theia.
5. Nyx.
6. Theia.
7. Nyx.
8. Theia.
9. Nyx.
10. Theia.
11. Nyx.
12. Theia.
13. Nyx.
14. Theia.
15. Nyx.
16. Theia.
17. Nyx.
18. Theia
19. Nyx.
20. Theia.
21. Theia
22. Nyx
23. Theia
24. Nyx
25. Theia.
26. Theia.
27. Nyx
28. Theia.
29. Theia.
30. Nyx
31. Theia.
32. Theia
33. Nyx
34. Theia
35. Nyx
36. Nyx
37. Theia
38. Theia
39. Nyx.
40. Theia
41. Theia.
42. Nyx
43. Theia
44. Nyx.
45. Theia
46. Theia
47. Nyx
48. Theia
49. Theia
50. Nyx
51. Theia
52. Nyx
53. Theia
54. Theia
55. Nyx
56. Theia
57. Theia
58. Nyx
59. Theia
60. Theia
61. Nyx
62. Theia
64. Nyx
65. Theia
66. Nyx
67. Theia
ANNOUNCEMENT

63. Theia

612 18 0
Od smplymxlfoy

"I know I don't look like it, but I do like pretty dresses."

Theia glanced over to Zen, the wild haired female in a thin tunic and pants. Biting back a smile, she turned her eyes back to the shop that Zenova was leading her to.

"It does shock me," Theia teased as she was pulled through the door. It was small, a few racks of hand sewn gowns on display. There was a counter in the center, and a female sat at a desk behind it, thread pinched between her lips as she unfolded a strip of fabric.

Zenova had a canvas bag over her shoulder, the contents slapping against her thigh with every step. Theia had never truly gone out for the day with another female like this. She'd been in the city with Nyx and his family but never like this. The awkward tension crept into her shoulders as she watched Zenova browse the displayed gowns.

"Do you want anything?"

Theia's eyes scanned the racks before she shook
her head. She hadn't thought to bring money. Zenova frowned and peered at the lilac fabric between her fingertips.

"I think this would look nice on you, give it a try," the female pushed. Shame rose onto Theia's cheeks as she shook her head.

"I- um- I don't have any money."

Zenova's head tilted with a confused smile. "Neither do I. We just charge them to the House of Wind. My father pays that bill, I'll just mention to him that Nyx owes him for a few things," Zen explained.

"Oh, well then I guess I will get a couple things," Theia murmured. Zenova let out a small laugh as she pulled the lilac gown from the rack and shoved it into Theia's hands. It was simple, not nearly as extravagant as she'd seen the other females wear. Theia tucked it into her arm and followed Zenova through the shop. The smaller female had gathered a few different gowns for herself, tossing a couple back to Theia when she thought it looked nice.

Soon enough, the two left the shop with Zenova's canvas bag filled and a new bill being sent to the House of Wind. They wandered down the street in comfortable silence. Theia gazed at the different shops and stands, smiling at the few people who spared them a glance. Suddenly, Zenova let out a squeal and rushed to a small market stand with exotic fruits. Theia hurried behind her, curious about whatever had the female in a rush.

Zen held up an orange and pink tinted fruit, her eyes wide with excitement. "Have you ever tried a nectarine?"

Theia shook her head, brows furrowing. Zen let out a dramatic groan and handed the fruit to Theia before grabbing a few more. She murmured something to the shopkeeper and dropped the fruits into her bag. With one held in a tiny hand, she led Theia across the cobbled street to the grassy park.

"These come from the Spring Court. They are marvelous. I haven't had one in so long," Zenova cooed, wiping her thumb over the soft skin before sinking her teeth into it. Theia watched the juice drip down her chin as she chewed, her eyes rolling back with another dramatic sigh.

Running her tongue over her bottom lip, Theia looked at the fruit in her hand. It was shaped like an orange with an indent running down from the stem. The skin was soft, not quite fuzzy but soft. An amused grin lifted onto her lips as she looked back at Zenova. The female was practically hunched over the small fruit as she took bite after bite, juice dripping down her chin and arms.

Unable to handle the anticipation, Theia bit into the fruit. She couldn't help the way her lashes fluttered and a muffled groan left her. She'd had different fruits plenty of times, but never like this. It made her ache for travelling with Nyx again, remembering the sweet and tart fruits of the Summer Court.

"It's good, huh?" Zen asked through a mouthful of the sweet flesh. Theia nodded with a hum, biting into it again. By the time they'd both finished the fruit and gave the pits back to the shopkeeper for planting or trading, sticky juice covered their arms and faces. Zen whisked Theia into a small cafe, utilizing the sink in the small bathing chamber. They cleaned up and went back to the market block. Zen made a point of showing Theia a few shops with fancier dresses, hinting at the looming wedding.

She hadn't realized that having a private ceremony still meant that they'd dress for it. Theia's eyes drifted into the shop again, noting the sparkling gowns of several colors.

"Do you want to go in? Do you have a dress yet?"

"I don't, but I don't think I could put that charge on the bill. It seems like too much," Theia murmured. Zen snorted.

"You're marrying the heir. I think that much information will have the bill sent to Uncle Rhys. He kind of owes you, from what I hear."

Theia's brows lifted in amusement at hearing Rhysand be called an 'uncle'. Then they dropped, furrowing.

"Did someone talk to you about me?" The words came out far more defensive than she had meant, but it made her uncomfortable to know she had been the topic of conversation.

"Not exactly. When you two had to leave Windhaven, I wrote to my parents asking why Rhysand needed you here so badly. My mother mentioned that he had some apologizing to do and that you and Nyx were having some issues with him. So, no, we weren't gossiping," Zenova responded, nudging Theia's arm with a grin.

A slow breath of relief left Theia's lips as she nodded. Her eyes lifted to the shop again. It wouldn't be a bad thing to look at gowns for the ceremony with another female. It would be better than being alone- especially seeing that Theia had no experience in the matter. A small smile tugged at her lips at the thought of walking through the temple in a sparkling gown towards Nyx. Even if no one was there to see them, she still wanted to see his reaction to her dressed like that.

"You want to go in?"

Excitement flourished as Theia nodded, following Zenova in. This shop was far larger than the last few they'd gone into. Rather than multiple dresses on one rack, there were one or two on them, giving the gowns room to show off. Theia's heart hammered in her chest as she took in the sight. Never in her life did she believe she'd be looking at gowns like these for herself. Maybe, in those years past, she would've gazed through the window and dreamed of another life. Now, she had the chance to choose one for herself.

"This one is so pretty," Zenova gushed, motioning to a floor length dress in a deep blue fabric. It glittered like stars, shifting in the light. Theia nodded as she gnawed on her lip. They didn't feel right. She'd lived a life of dirtied trousers and ale soaked sweaters. Dresses like these were something Feyre would wear around the estate.

"Oh, Theia!" Zen squealed, rushing over to a wooden display holding three white gowns beside each other. Mother, her legs shook with nerves. Anxiety wracked Theia as she walked to where Zenova stood.

These gowns were something else entirely. Each one held a level of importance that Theia couldn't fathom. Floor length, dripping with sparkling silver and sheer fabric. Would they even fit with her wings? There had been plenty of times that Theia felt far below this sense of wealth and status, but now she felt as though she were crawling through the mud.

"Are you alright?" Zenova asked, the bright smile dropping from her face. Theia swallowed roughly, meeting the young female's gaze with a shake of her head. Zen's bottom lip pouted out as she stepped forward.

"I- I don't think I'm right for this. I mean, I love Nyx with every part of me, and I want to marry him desperately, but am I meant to wear things like this? It seems like it's all too much. I couldn't dream of affording something like this before, and putting it on Rhysand's bill? I feel like I'm not myself if I wear something like this. What about my wings? I-."

The words choked her, panic rising in flashes of heat that made sweat threaten to break. Zenova shook her head and laid a gentle hand on Theia's shoulder.

"I don't know who you were before you knocked on the door in Windhaven, but I know you now. Maybe not as well as the others, but you're marrying the heir, Theia. I remember seeing the sweaters and pants, the old cloaks and the dirty hair. You've already changed so much. I mean, look at yourself. You're in a pretty dress, wearing a pretty ring, and about to marry the male who will run this court. Come on, Theia. It's time for change, and change is good."

Theia frowned, looking down at the ring on her shaking finger. It's true that change was happening, but it was happening fast. Theia from years ago would've never had the chance to wear such a beautiful moonstone ring or a pretty gown, as simple as this one was. Theia looked back up to the young female. She was so smart and mentally mature, it was hard to remember that she was only just beyond the cusp of maturity.

With her emotions already spiraling, tears burned the back of her eyes as Theia let out a slow breath. She'd worn a pretty dress before, she'd been part of this life before. There was just something about choosing the dress for her marriage ceremony that sent her over the edge.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" A gentle but high pitched voice asked. Theia nearly jumped out of her skin as she spun. An older female, one with wrinkles that showed a happy life indenting her cheeks and eyes, and red painted lips stood before her. Theia nodded, struggling to find her voice.

"I am getting married soon. I'm looking for a gown that will suit the occasion," Theia murmured, cringing at the poor choice to use proper words. Zen bit back a smile beside her.

"Mmhm, and when is this wedding?" The female asked, lifting a pad of parchment and waiting to write down the information. Theia glanced to Zenova.

"I'm not exactly sure."

The female's eyes flare wide. "You don't know?"

"Not exactly. It's going to be just the two of us. We haven't set a date or time, but I think it's happening sooner rather than later. Is that a problem?" Theia asked slowly, waiting for an explosion of rage that was hinted with one twitch of the eye. The female somehow cooled herself and gave a single nod.

"Fine then. You'll have to choose a gown that's already made. I can make adjustments but I cannot create a full gown in an unknown time. Is there one you are interested in?"

Theia turned her head to the three white gowns. "Would one of these work with my wings? In a way that I can pull it on from my feet rather than over my head?"

The female gave a tight nod. Theia could sense that she definitely wasn't fond of having to tailor a gown in an unknown time frame. "The one in the center has a back line that should fall right at the base of your spine. It opens wide and should only cover your front up to your shoulders."

Theia looked it over, nodding softly. "May I try it on?"

The female waved a hand, turning away from them and running a hand through her perfectly styled hair. Theia grinned as Zenova pulled the gown down and raced to the curtain just beyond the displays.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

21.8K 273 7
A group of fic's detailing some of the more major scenes of A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas from the point of view of Rhysand as he expe...
30.2K 1.2K 32
It's been 100 years since the war against Hybern. A competition is announced, the best fighters from across Pythian gather to take part, the prize be...
160K 1.2K 41
A group of fic's detailing some of the more major scenes of A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas from the point of view of Rhysand, as he dea...
73.3K 2.4K 68
What if there was another Archeron sister? Rhaella Nyx Archeron, twin sister of Feyre Archeron made a promise to her mother as well: do whatever it t...