Halstead Sister One Shots

By oneChicago2000

This is a bunch of one shots following the life of Gracie Halstead. She lives with her brothers Jay and Will... More

Forbidden Party Part 1
Forbidden party part 2
Homework
Thunder Storm
First Period
Mugged
Not An Update! Requests!
AN help!
Judith
Skipping School
Followed
Bedtime Tantrum
A Bit About The Halsteads
Aesthetics
Bullied
The Friends Of Firemen Barbecue
Mothers Day
Bored
Smoking
Pretending to be sick
Halstead Apartment
Gracies Seventh Birthday
The Car Incident
Gracie gets caught
A Regular Day In Lockdown
Gracie Gets Sick
Kidnapped
Scared For Jay
Football Watch Party
Arrested
Fainting
AN Requests
A Date?!
A Date?! Part 2
The Bank Robbery
Gracie Needs Glasses
Jay Gets Shot
Gracie Makes a Run For It
Shoplifting
Broken Bones
Swearing
Jay and Hailey What?!
Fire Alarm
Grocery Store Tantrum
Dyslexia?
Smoking Again?!
I Hate Her!
Pregnant?!
The Zoo
Mothers Day Picnic
Ruined Homework
Supply Teacher
Not Fair!
Introducing The Boyfriend
Missing Money
A Not So Secret Admirer
Adam Babysits
The Audition
AN-Opinions!
Running Away
Instagram
Instagram Part 2
Instagram Part 3
Medicine
Opening Night
Tooth Fairy
Abused
But What Does It Mean?
Fighting
Gracies First Breakup
Trick Or Treat
Stella's Birthday
That Time Of The Month
Late Nights And Bad Attitudes
The Break In
Instagram Part 4
Instagram Part 5
I WANT IT
Nightmare
AN
Do You Love Me?
To Old For Spanking
Broccoli
Sneaking Out
The Dress
Christmas Eve
I Don't Wanna Go To School
Scraped Knees And Bandaids
The Playground Mega Tantrum!
Instagram Part 6
Expelled Part One
Expelled Part Two
Overtired
Truth or Dare
Anxiety?! Part One
A Six Year Old In Lockdown
Car Theft
CPD Family Picnic
A Weekend Away and A Lost Bunny?
Instagram Part 7
Instagram Part 8
Hawaii Part One
Hawaii Part 2 (Final Part)
Aprils Birthday Surprise
Bad Advice
Hit By a Car?!
Nine Going On Nineteen
Prom
Hormones
How It Started
Fathers Day
Hailey Puts Her Foot Down
Instagram Part 9
Instagram Part 10
Instagram Part 11
Toothache
Hyper
Fake ID
The Crayola Adventure
Reading
Trouble At The Diner
Instagram Part 12
Instagram Part 13
Monsters
Allergic Reaction
Bathtime Tantrum
Chores = Allowance
A Day At 51
Instagram Part 14
Instagram Part 15
Instagram Part 16
Instagram Part 17 (Disney Edition)
Christmas Party Tantrum Part 1
Christmas Party Tantrum Part 2
NOT AN UPDATE! HELP!
Updated Halstead Apartment
Stage Fright
Skipping School 2
Christmas Day
Running In To The Road
Sick At School
The Evil Dance Teacher
The Ice Cream Fit
Wedding Reception Disaster
Instagram Part 18
Shots
Will Doesn't Spank
Homesickness
Instagram Part 19
You Better Be Sick
Quality Time
Mood board/ AN
Cheating

Push and Shove

3.2K 75 11
By oneChicago2000

Gracies POV (6 Years Old)

"Hey Grace" I heard a mocking voice say behind me.

"It's Gracie" I corrected with a tired sigh. Tyler Gibbs. Urgh. I hate this guy!

"My mom say's it's rude to correct people" he replied with his arms crossed over his chest "didn't yours?" He asked "oh wait...you don't have one" he mocked making the anger rise inside of me.

"Shut up Tyler" I warned with a teary frown.

"Or what? You're gonna tell your daddy?" He questioned again "oh wait...you don't have one of them either" he mocked a second time.

"I SAID SHUT UP!" I screamed as I pushed both of my hands against his chest making him fall back on to the floor, hitting his mouth in the process.

"OW! My teeth. You knocked my teeth out" he sobbed as I angrily wiped the tears away with my sleeve.

"Gracelyn Halstead" I heard my teachers voice boom as she walked across the playground "you do not push people" she scolded as she bent down to comfort Tyler.

"He was being mean" I accused.

"Principals office right now young lady" she ordered.

With anger still running through my veins I stormed all the way across the playground, in to the school, and over to the principals office.

The secretary, Miss Simpson, was on the phone when I arrived but she gave me a pointed look before indicating for me to sit down. I sat and continued to silently cry as what I had just done began to fully sink in. I watched as the lady walked in to the principals office and didn't return for another five minutes.

I continued to watch as she typed something in to the computer before picking up the phone and dealing a number.

"Hello is this Jay Halstead?" My stomach began to do flips. I'm gonna be in so much trouble. "I'm afraid your sister has been involved in an altercation this afternoon which has lead to her pushing another student to the ground." That's not fair! I don't even get to say my side of the story! "Gracelyn is ok but the other student has lost his front teeth so the principal is asking that you come in as soon as possible for a meeting." Great. "Ok Mr Halstead we'll see you soon" she said before hanging up the phone. "Your brother's on his way" she said. Yeah thanks. It's not like just heard the whole conversation or anything. "The principal would like to talk to you" she said. I sniffled up and silently shook my head.

I sat and silently cried on the bench for a good fifteen minutes before my brother arrived.

"Hi, my name's Jay Halstead you just called me" he explained to the secretary, once he had given me a particularly sharp look. She handed him a visitors badge before telling him the principal would be out soon.

"Please don't be mad" I sobbed as he sat down on the bench next to me. He opened his mouth to reply when the door to the office opened and the principal appeared.

"Mr Halstead, please come in" Mr Hart said as he gestured for us to enter his office.

"C'mon. Move." Jay instructed as he gently pushed me in front of him and in to the office where we both sat down on the chairs in front of the desk. I guess I'm gonna have to make the most of sitting down comfortably.

"My name's Mr Hart" the principal said as he shook my brothers hand "I'm sorry our first meeting is in such unfortunate circumstances" he added "I'm sure my secretary has informed you as to why I've asked you to come down here today" he said.

"She has" Jay nodded "I can only apologise. This behaviour is really out of character for Gracie" he added.

"I'm sure it is" Mr Hart nodded "but we need to make sure that it stays an isolated incident" he added "your sisters behaviour today goes against everything we stand for as a school and we simply can't tolerate it" he explained.

"I understand" Jay nodded "do we know what caused the incident?" He asked as I continued to kick my legs back and forth.

"I asked to speak with your sister before you arrived here but she refused to come and talk to me" he explained "Miss Saunders, Gracies teacher, has spoken to Tyler Gibbs and he says that he was just playing a game with his friends and she pushed him over for no reason" he explained making my eyes widen.

"HE'S LYING!" I exclaimed as I shot to me feet, looking over at Jay with pleading eyes. He has to believe me!

"Gracelyn sit down" Jay warned and I immediately dropped back down in to my seat "now don't get me wrong I'm not condoning Gracies behaviour" Jay said "but I know my kid and she isn't shoving another kid to the ground without being provoked" he added.

"Well at the moment we only have Tylers word to go off" Mr Hart replied.

"Gracie" Jay said as I shuffled around uncomfortably in my seat "Gracelyn. Look at me." he ordered making my finally raise my head and meet his eyes "you need to tell us your side of the story" he said and I shook my head "if you don't tell us what happened then we're gonna have no story to believe but Tylers, and that one really doesn't put you in a good light" he explained.

"He was being mean to me" I murmured tearfully.

"What do you mean? What was he doing?" Jay questioned with a protective frown.

"He started talking about parents and he was making fun of me because I don't have any" I explained.

"And that's why you pushed him?" My brother asked and I nodded tearfully.

"Well, I can assure you that I will have a conversation with Tyler and his mother is that is the case" Mr Hart said "but be that as it may Gracelyn is still the one who has injured another student" he added "unfortunately I have no choice but to suspend her for the next two days and welcome her back here on Monday" he explained making my eyes widen.

"And what about this Tyler kid?" Jay asked unimpressed.

"As I said, I will call his mother and arrange a meeting as soon as possible and it will be dealt with accordingly" the principal replied "now if you could just sign here please Mr Halstead" he said as he slid a piece of paper over to my brother.

"Well, if that's all me and Gracie will get going" Jay said as he finished signing the paperwork "what do you say Gracie?" He prompted.

"I don't wanna" I grumbled as I slid off the chair ready to leave.

"Gracelyn" my brother warned.

"Sorry sir" I said reluctantly.

"Let's go" he said quietly as he ushered me out in front of him.

We walked out to his truck in silence and the drive to the district was just the same. Me and Jay walked up the stairs hand in hand and over to the break room.

"Ok kid, stay in here and if you need the bathroom just call" he explained.

"Jay Jay?" I asked with a sniffle.

"What?" He asked once he had helped me off with my coat.

"I want a cuddle" I said tearfully as my bottom lip began to quiver.

"C'mere" he said as he sat down on the sofa, holding his arms out for me to climb in to. My emotions began to pour out of me as I sobbed in to my brothers shoulder "shhhhh it's ok" he soothed.

"I don't want you and Will to be mad at me" I sobbed as Jay continued to gently rock me back and forth.

"We're not mad at you baby girl" he assured "you're not in trouble" he added.

"But I pushed that boy" I exclaimed.

"I know you did" he replied "but I promise you that we aren't mad at you" he assured again "we'll talk about it when we get home" he added "why don't you get comfy not he sofa and I'll go and get your portable dvd player" he suggested and I nodded.

I got comfy on the sofa in the break room and waited patiently whilst Jay went to find the dvd player. We keep it here for when I have to stay in the break room for long periods of time.

"Here you go" Jay said as he walked in with the small device now playing "I'm not sure what the dvd is though" he admitted as he put it down on my knee and we both waited for the title to come onto the screen "Oh, Beauty and the Beast. Perfect" he said, bending down to kiss my forehead "you ok now?" He asked and I nodded, my attention now fully on the movie playing in front of me.

"Uh huh" I replied.

"Good girl" he said before leaving me to watch my movie.

Back at the apartment

I was sat on the sofa brushing my barbies hair when I heard the front door open and close.

"I'm home" Wills voice called and I hopped up to ran over to him "hey kiddo" he greeted as I threw my arms around his waist.

"You got pizza!" I exclaimed happily as I took one of the boxes from him and ran in to the kitchen "Will brought pizza for dinner" I told Jay as he took the box from me and put it down on the table.

"I know" he smiled "go wash your hands please" he instructed and I ran in tot he bathroom to do just that.

We sat down at the table and chatted about random things until all the pizza had been consumed.

"So Gracie, we need to talk about what happened at school today" Will said as he shut the lid on the now empty box.

"You said I wasn't in trouble" I said accusingly to Jay.

"You're not in trouble Gracie, but we still need to talk about it" Jay defend and I sighed in defeat.

"Urgh fine" I deflated.

"Has this Tyler kid bothered you before?" Will asked curiously and shrugged.

"Not really" I admitted "I mean I'm not friends with him or anything but he doesn't really talk to me" I explained.

"Ok" he nodded "do you understand why you got suspended?" He asked and I nodded awkwardly.

"Because I pushed him over and he knocked his front teeth out" I explained making Jay stifle a laugh. Will shot him a death stare before turning his attention back to me.

"Exactly" he confirmed "no matter what someone says to you violence is never the answer" he said making me frown.

"But what if they hit me first?" I asked curiously.

"Then you hit them back" Jay quickly replied.

"No" Will snapped "you go find the teacher" he told me.

"But what if the teacher's not there?" I continued to question.

"Then you walk away from the situation and you find a grown up" Will replied "even though this other kid was teasing you you're the one who got in trouble because of the way you reacted" he continued "you can't control other peoples behaviour but you can choose how you react to it" he added "do you understand?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah" I confirmed "I'm sorry" I added "am I getting punished?" I asked the dreaded question.

"You got suspended Gracie I think that's punishment enough on this occasion" Jay replied.

"However if it happens again you won't be getting off so easy" Will warned.

"And if it happens again hit him harder and make sure the teacher can't see."

"JAY!"

AN! As always thank you for reading! I would really appreciate the votes and I love reading all your comments. 

Do you think this was handled correctly? 

What did you think to this chapter?  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.1K 1.1K 44
With a "simple" life, a small Chicago city girl calls the police when she notices suspicious activity whilst going on her daily stroll, the intellige...
56.3K 761 27
Life with two parents who both just so happen to be detectives is hard, but having a disabled brother makes it even trickier. Sure life is great, an...
2.5K 49 12
a bunch of upstead one shots. open for suggestions
165K 2.5K 32
The third Halstead sibling is a little on the younger side, and by little that means a lot, she's 15 to be exact. She lives with their father Pat, b...