Schwärmerei - Yandere Genshin...

By Chaifish

Sometimes life changes for no reason. The interesting thing is whether these changes are good or bad. Does wa... More

General Things
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Halloween Special Part 1
Halloween Special Part 2
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Author's Note
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91 :)
Chapter 92
Chapter 93

Chapter 71

4.1K 184 50
By Chaifish

It has been a long way, but this book reached 1M reads~ Thank you all so much!

One day there will be a celebrational chapter for this, but that will probably take some time.

Another thing - Fontaine released! I am, personally, very happy with it~

“…Dain, where exactly are we going…?” It has been a while now and you are still wandering on some off-road path. You don’t know if the constant change between trees and stones is simply too unremarkable or if you actually never been in this area before, but you can’t tell where exactly you are at this point. The only thing you can tell based on the flora is that this is still Mondstadt.

“Somewhere that isn’t Mondstadt.” It takes the blonde a few seconds to come to an halt. “Are you tired?”

“Kinda…”

His face, which is almost as tense as back then when you had the encounter with the bard, becomes softer in an instant. “I’m sorry. Here, let me help you.” Wanting to help you to get on his shoulders, he bows down.

You on the other hand only shake your head. “Can’t we just – you know – take a normal break? Constantly running around isn’t good for you either.”

“No. We can take a break once we are away from here.”

“Why are you so insistent on leaving this nation as fast as possible? I mean sure, you have a heavy dislike for gods and Venti was kind of creepy back there, but he doesn’t seem like the type of person the relentlessly hunt somebody down, especially if he doesn’t have a ptoper reason, like in our case…”

A deep sigh escapes Dainsleif’s lips. “(Y/N), for your own sake, can’t you just accept a no without asking any further questions?”

“How can you expect me to take things as they are told? I know that you don’t mean any harm, but I can’t accept something if I don’t understand it. And I can’t understand something if nobody explains it to me. Dain, I’m begging you. I am already more compliant with people’s bullshít than I should be and I want to change that eventually, so please.” You look at him with pleading eyes.

After a moment of silence, he answers. “The Anemo Archon is a selfish and bratty leach without a shred of care for the feelings of those around him. All Archons have this overbearing selfishness in them, but he is one of the worst. So do yourself a favor and keep your distance from him.” Dain’s star-shaped pupils stare right into yours.

“Don’t you think that’s a bit… well… biased?”

“No, I believe this is mere common sense coming from years of experience.“

You sigh, again. “So to say it simple – to you Archons are pure ássholes to who one is best advised to keep an entire nation of distance to them… and you justify it through traumatic experience.”

“If that’s how you want to put it, then yes. The only thing I am asking of you is to trust me.”

“…Fine. At least for now, I won’t demand proper explanations from you. Can we still make a normal break though? I don’t want to be carried like a little child by you all the time.”

“…I suppose that would be only fair now that you have shown a will to cooperate. But promise me to not run off again once I have fallen asleep.”

“I am sorry, okay? It wasn’t even my idea to begin with. It was Kaeya’s…”, you pout.

“In that case – don’t let yourself get dragged into danger or whatever while I am asleep.” It appears that Dainsleif’s mood has brightened up a bit in comparison to before as there is a joking undertone to his voice.

You are a tad too tired to match his tone, but appreciate it nevertheless. A tense atmosphere isn’t particularly pleasant to deal with when you are somewhat stuck with the other person. “I don’t think we need to worry about random people stealing me away in the middle of nowhere, but sure. Sounds like a deal.”

After looking around a bit you and Dain find a somewhat comfortable and safe spot between the countless trees. Since lunch was overdue for a couple of hours by now, you two decide to make yourself something to eat. Well, to be more precise, your blond friend is doing the cooking and you are simply watching as Dain insisted on you taking a rest – not that you mind. Back then when you were traveling with Aether, you had to help him with preparing the meals as he was still learning to do it well himself.

Another thing that is different from the times you spent with the Traveler, is the process of eating itself. The current group-constellation is allot more quiet than the other due to the fact that it lacks a conversation-carrier like Paimon. Aside from Paimon, nobody is able to initiate a conversation and to keep it rolling consistently. A quiet meal isn’t bad at all but you still miss her energetic nature…

Before you have guessed the day is essentially over and the sun has come to a rest behind the horizon. At first Dain wanted to continue traveling despite the darkness, but after some persuasive whining you convinced the blonde to stay for the night and set off tomorrow.

Now you are laying on the ground, covered with a soft blanket and, to your annoyance, still unable to fall asleep. Based on his breathing pattern even Dainsleif managed to fall into a slumber. Another thing that annoys you is that you can’t even look at the stars to help yourself getting sleepy since the treetops around you cover the majority of the sky.

You sigh and look at the pink ball laying on top of your belly. It lets out a quiet chime and wiggles with its ears in return. “So you can’t sleep either…” Petting Rosa, you smile. “We really are alike, are we? Sadly, it doesn’t help us with the problem at hand… And we can’t take a walk because Dain would-“

A strange sound from afar makes you stop in the middle of your sentence. “What... is that…?” Listening, you can’t exactly pinpoint what causes that sound. In some sense it reminds you of flowing water, but kind of magical. “Is an enemy nearby?” You sit up straight to listen to it some more. The noise doesn’t stop – if anything, it gets louder. “…Maybe I should go and check. Would be kinda bad if we get blown up or god knows what while we sleep…”

Standing up, you walk in the direction of the noise, but stop in your tracks to look back at Dain’s sleeping figure. “I really don’t want to wake up for nothing since you always look so peaceful when you aren't suffering from reality… On the other, I did promise not to go away while you are asleep. If something where to happen to me you would get unnecessarily paranoid… Hm... Rosa, what do you think?”

Without hesitation the little Seelie floats towards Dainsleif.

“You certainly have a thing for Dain, don’t you? Oh well, if my trustworthy companion says so, then we will wake up poor Dain.” Carefully, you kneel down next to the cursed man and shake his shoulders lightly. At first there is no reaction, but then all of the sudden his right hand lunges forward and grabs you by your throat. With one swift motion he has shoved you onto the ground so that he is now the one sitting on top.

Just as quickly as this whole thing happened his blue eyes widen from shock and he lets go of you. “(Y/N). …I am sorry. This was an old reflex of mine.” He exhales relieved and moves a strand of blond hair out of his face. “But why where you trying to wake me up to begin with? Are you unable to sleep?”

Still being pinned to the ground by the former knight you nod in the direction of where the strange noise is coming from. “Something is happening over there and I didn’t want to go there by myself.”

Dainsleif listens in for a moment and then, finally, stands up from the... questionable position . “Thank you for refraining from playing a lone hand… This does sound concerning. ...Let’s do it like this: I will go ahead and you will follow a few meters behind. If something happens, you will prioritize your own safety, got it?”

“Got it.”

Watching your step, you three sneak towards the source of the noise. It doesn’t take you long to find it. Around a glade there is distorted and miscolored water floating around, creating a somewhat gloomy and cursed aura. In the middle of this glade is a small pond and next to it a tall figure who you can identify as an Abyss Herald. His attention is centered around a small object floating in the air. Contrasting its surrounding, it has a gentle and pure glow to it. Once he grabs it, the distortion of this place disappears and everything returns to normal. Whatever this whole procedure is good for, you have arrived at the very end of it.

To your surprise, Dain doesn’t lay back until the coast is clear but instead confronts the Herald head on. “So the Abyss has laid eyes even on a seemingly insignificant place like this?”

The stranger turns around to face Dainsleif. “What an unpleasant surprise. The Twilight Sword in blood and flesh.” Moving his head slightly but noticeable, he now looks at you. “And not alone as I see. Though, the face appears to be not worth memorizing...”

“True. There is no need to memorize a face if you aren’t going to live all too long anyways.” Before Dain can start his attack, he is forced to dodge the one of the Abyss Herald and jumps backwards, closer towards you.

“It is certainly enticing to start a battle with a traitor as yourself, but time is precious. Our princess has far more important plans that have nothing to do with you.” An abyssal portal opens up behind him. “Now, I will take my rightful leave.” Together with the pearl like object, he disappears though the portal.

Before your sleepy brain can react, Dain grabs you by your hand and charges towards the portal. One jump and your scenery completely changes to a completely different one. It teleports you into a scene you are very much familiar with.

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 12.2K 44
xiao x reader. " when two friend groups decide to team together and try setting up two people together. those two people just so happened to be xiao...
7.4K 119 28
Suddenly you woke up in some unknown place and was found by a traveller with no recollection of anything except for some people. It seemed like you h...
243K 8.3K 30
you're holding me and holding back. | 暗黙の a scaramouche x reader au where you experience your first heartbreak. as you try to move on just like any...
106K 3.6K 40
  ⁺  "You're all that I want.."  ˚ + . *       ✦ .  ⁺    .⁺    ˚   . *    ✦ 震えが止まらない . + ⁺   . *     . ⁺     ...