Eye of the Hurricane ▸ Scott...

By voidance

Ella Foster wasn't human, and she certainly refused to be a pawn. But there was still a lot for a girl like h... More

EYE OF THE HURRICANE
ACT ONE
i. THE BAD BEGINNING
ii. FIRST DAY FROM HELL
iii. APOPHENIA
iv. THE COLOSSEUM
v. THREE FOLD DEATH
xi. THE FIRST SHOT
xii. WOUNDS OF THE HEART
xiii. (NOT SO) HOTEL CALIFORNIA
ix. UNDER THE INFLUENCE
x. MISSING IN ACTION
xi. FOLLOW THE CURRENTS
xii. DEGREES OF SEPERATION
xiii. GUARDIANS
xiv. BOILING POINT
xv. ALL IS LOST
xvi. SACRIFICE
xvii. A TOKEN
xviii. BARDO
xix. LIGHT IN THE DARK
ACT TWO
xx. ETERNAL DARKNESS
xxi. BACK TO THE START
xxii. MORE HARM THAN GOOD
xxiii. TRANSFORMATION
xxiv. GALVANIZED
xxv. TRICKSTER SPIRITS
xxvi. CRIMINAL HIJINKS
xxviii. MARKED
xxix. DEMONIC NINJAS
xxx. UNSOLVED CASE
xxxi. BREAKING POINT
xxxii. LETHARIA VULPINA
xxxiii. THE NOGITSUNE
xxxiv. MISSING IN ACTION
xxxv. IF ONLY
xxxvi. CAT AND MOUSE
xxxvii. THE DIVINE MOVE
xxxviii. THE AFTERMATH
EPILOGUE
SEQUEL

xxvii. RHYTHM OF THE NIGHT

12.6K 507 364
By voidance

xxvii. RHYTHM OF THE NIGHT

✢ ✢ ✢

After performing various felonies that could probably land Scott and Foster into juvie for a good year, the four teenagers decided that going to a black light party might just be the thing they need right now.

Foster had been hearing things about it all day, quite shocked to hear that it was being held in Derek's loft. She had a feeling that the werewolf would be less than pleased with that. Either way, she didn't really care. Once again, he did try to kill her. And yes, she still held a grudge.

Either way, Foster had driven herself and Kira to apartment complex she's been in more times than she can count, while Scott and Stiles each decided to meet the two girls there.

Once there, Foster had been able to hear the faint thumping of music from outside the building, knowing it must have been blaring intensely inside the actual party.

Now standing in front of the sliding door in between Kira and Scott, Foster could feel the ground practically shaking from under her. Finally sliding the door open herself, Foster felt the air inside of her release, her eyes widening.

In the center of the loft were hundreds of bodies painted with an array of patterns of neon colors. Everyone was illuminated beyond belief, the Bloody Beatroots even there to provide music. Danny really planned this entire thing out from front to back.

Foster then looked down at her own attire, feeling completely overdressed. Here, everyone was half naked, which is how anyone would dress if they knew they were going to be painting their bodies.

Foster, and her friends, on the other hand, were more focused on deleting photos of a teenage girl who has a glowing fox around her, meaning that they were clearly dressed like you would to go to school. Hell, Foster hadn't even thought about changing after school anyway. Which was why she was in a simple, long sleeved tee and jeans.

She was so not prepared for a rave right now.

Regardless of this, from beside her, Scott glanced down at the girl who was only a little bit shorter than him - it wasn't like he towered over her. He sent her a small, almost nervous smile, before grabbing hold of her hand, Foster releasing a content sight as he laced his fingers along with hers.

While she was more focused on the fact that there was a huge party that Foster wished she got to earlier, Stiles continued to go on about a key he received earlier that day during school.

Well, he didn't necessarily receive it. More like found it in his locker, but either way, Foster had to agree, it was all kinds of bizarre how it ended up there. Her rational answer would be is that he grabbed the wrong pair of keys, but for some reason, she felt like it didn't exactly add up right.

"It just showed up there on my key ring this morning. I asked my dad if he put it there, but he said he didn't know anything about it," Stiles shouted over the music, Foster straining her hearing to understand a word he was saying.

Scott lead her through the crowd, Kira trailing behind the three of them. Kira was comfortable around them - especially after what they just did for her - but she still didn't necessarily know them well enough to feel comfortable butting into conversations. Which was why she trailed behind silently, content knowing that she wasn't here alone.

"It's just a key, right?" Scott confirmed, a little confused by the situation yet not alarmed over a key. A key wasn't exactly life or death for them considering what kind of things they have to deal with on a daily basis.

"Yeah, but it's not mine," Stiles explained, Foster beginning to believe he was looking more in depth into this than he really needed to. "And I don't know how it got there or what it's for."

Soon enough, the three teenagers were facing each other, Kira still dangling behind them, trying not to say or do the wrong thing.

"Do you want to leave?" Scott inquired, Foster's eyes widening. She just spent her night breaking into a police station and now she was in a rave, she wanted to stay here with her boyfriend and actually do something that could be considered fun and possibly a date in a way. "We can figure this out?"

Stiles seemed a bit hesitant. "Uh - " Of course, that reluctance quickly dispersed the moment a girl with a white, glowing wig came up to Stiles, cupping her hands around his face and turning him into his direction. She then pressed her lips against his cheek, Foster watching as his body stiffened up. Foster and Scott shared a look with one another, each relenting a sigh at Stiles' awkward actions.

She then pulled away, a bright grin on her neon orange lips. "Happy Halloween!"

The girl then backed away, losing herself in the crowd while the three teens chuckled at Stiles' awe struck expression.

With orange paint stuck on his cheek from the girl, he assured, "It can wait."

Foster rolled her eyes in amusement as he pushed his way through the crowd in search of the girl who just kissed him. Foster then glanced toward Scott and Kira, the three unsure of what to do now. Foster wanted to drag Scott off with her and dance, but she didn't want to leave Kira alone. Hell, she asked Kira to come, but Kira doesn't have any friends besides them.

Releasing a sigh, Foster shouted over the music, "I'm going to go get something to drink!"

Scott nodded, Foster sending him a smile before turning around and pushing her way through the crowd. Foster was an awe as she walked due to many of the intricate paintings on some people's bodies. They were admirable, to say the least.

Everyone was moving along to the beat, the bass dropping and everyone's bodies in a mess of jumping, people cheering at the sound. Foster soon found herself breaking through the crowd, letting out a relieved sigh too be out of the mass of bodies and have her eyes spot the cooler. Beers were inside, but Foster was lucky enough to find a bottle of water inside of it.

She wasn't going to lie, it was beyond hot inside of Derek's loft. With this many people all dancing, it was bound to get hot inside.

The blonde opened the cap, taking a drink of the water as Scott made an appearance. He pushed past two people in the crowd, finally making it to the side of the loft where Foster was.

She smiled at the sight of him, then raised a brow in confusion. "Where's Kira?"

For a moment he seemed confused, but then shrugged in realization. "I introduced her to Lydia, that way I could come find you."

In a teasing manner, Foster mused, "Is there a reason you needed to be alone to find me?" 

She raised a brow, a delighted smirk on her face as Scott watched her, gaping. That was naturally Scott, though. Sometimes he found it hard to believe that he was actually dating Foster, the girl of his dreams. Foster had him in overdrive, unable to put together coherent thoughts when she was around. And when she was like this, well, he couldn't possibly think straight.

Despite what was picking at the back of his mind at the current moment.

Foster made her way up to him, Scott gulping nervously as she tossed her water bottle down to the ground, her hands trailing from his hands up to his arms, the tips of her fingers brushing against them.

Scott's brown irises were wide, her hands finally reaching the tender skin of his name as the corner of her lips continued to twitch in an upward direction. She grinned resting one of her hands against the nape of his neck, her other hand slowly moving in the direction of his hair, her fingers knotting in it.

"Foster - 

The McCall boy was immediately cut off the moment she shot up, her soft lips pressing themselves against his, taking the words right out of his mouth. Scott's breath hitched in his throat, finding the kiss unexpected even though all of her body language screamed that she wanted to kiss him.

As the sense of euphoria rippled throughout both of them, Scott's arms immediately encircling around her waist, one beginning to hang it bit lower than the lower spot of her back. She smirked, knowing that he was always rather hesitant about doing things such as grabbing her butt. In all honesty, though, she didn't really care.

He always treated her better than she thought she deserved, and they were in a damn rave for god sakes. 

Scott felt her smile against his lips, the blonde slowly pulling her lips away from him. Raising a brow, she questioned, "Do you think whatever you were saying can hold on?"

With wide eyes, he nodded his head feverishly, Foster grinning. The look on his face was almost desperate for her, and she more than likely mimicked that look. They had been dating for over a little over three months, but they still had yet to come anywhere near making out.

Scott, being Scott, wanted to take everything slow between them since the end of their sophomore year, and Foster wasn't going to deny the fact that she was desperate to rip his clothes off.

Her blue eyes were still locked on his, Scott finally managing to stammer out, "Definitely."

"Good." 

She grinned, and just like that, Scott was pulling her closer to him, their lips already tangled together in a mess of kisses. Her palms were pressed against his chest, running up and down his torso, her waist pressed up against his. 

Scott's hands were lowering from the small of her back before hanging near toward her hips which were already nearly against him. As Foster began to rest her hands on his shoulders before allowing them to trail down the length of his arms, she slipped her tongue into his mouth, her tongue pressing against just the right spot which caused Scott to let a moan slip out of his mouth. 

Foster fought back her giggles at that, Scott soon taking control over their kisses after his slip up. 

Her hands then cupped Scott's own ones, moving them back and allowing them to be planted firmly on her ass. Before she knew it, he was gripping tightly before hoisting her up, her legs immediately wrapping themselves around his torso as if on instinct. 

With that, Foster regained control of the position of her hands as she used one to cup around his higher jaw and lower cheek, using the other to trail along his collarbone. 

Their kisses weren't messy, but they were indeed sloppy. The crave they held for the other had taken over any and all other necessities, lust combined with desperation for the other had outweighed everything else. They had waited far too long for this, and Foster was determined to savor each and every second of this moment.

Which was why she gasped when Scott pulled his lips away from hers, Foster feeling her bottom lip jut out in protest. She was not done, nor was she ready to be done. 

So when Scott merely grinned in response, she wasn't surprised for his next action to be placing his lips against collar bone. She released a pleased sigh at this, throwing her head back and exposing more of her skin.

Scott took that as his opportunity to continue on, his lips beginning to trail along her barren bone, sucking softly making Foster release a moan of pleasure.

And he continued with this, slowly rising up to her jaw line and along it.

It was a moment Foster never wanted to end.

▴▿▴

By the time the two had exited the rave in order to find some privacy and catch their breath, they were seated atop the other side of the skylight on the roof of Derek Hale's loft. The music beneath them continued to pulsate along the roof they were seated on, the chatter and screams of various party goers able to be heard.

But this allowed Scott and Foster to escape the madness they were in, their fingers intertwined along with one another as they sat on the skylight, overlooking the downtown of their home.

Foster watched as cars went by, wondering what it was like to be that person. To be completely and blissfully unaware of the supernatural creatures lurking all around this town. The idea sounded absolutely delightful to her. 

"About what I was going to say earlier," Scott began, his voice breaking the silence. Foster glanced over at him, turning in her position to face him as she played with the tips of his fingers.

"What about it?" she asked, sucking her bottom lip into her mouth and biting down on it softly. She always found herself a bit nervous when against Scott's stare. It made her heart flip and her stomach tie in knots.

"Well, when you went to get a drink, I couldn't exactly find you right away," Scott said, Foster watching him warily. She raised a brow, wondering what he was going on about.

"And?" she inquired, letting out an noisy breath.

"It was dark so I had to use my eyes, you know?" he continued, the underlying message being his crimson colored eyes. She nodded, pressing for him to go on. "I don't know, maybe I was seeing something, but there was something around you. Almost like an aura or something."

She raised a brow, letting out a shaky laugh. "Was it bad or something? What do you mean?"

Sheepishly, he raised his gaze to meet her eyes, hesitant to speak. "It was dark, black. Almost like pure darkness around you. I don't even know how to explain i - "

Foster immediately shot up from her place on the sky light, ripping her hand out of his grip. In seconds, rage was flaring throughout her, a war raging behind her blue irises. She was livid as she took a step back and away from Scott.

Was he kidding? That wasn't something you waited to say. If she would have known what he wanted to talk about earlier, she would have waited even longer to feel his lips finally reach hers. When in Beacon Hills, there were some things, such as this, that were more important than trying to act like a normal teenager. 

She had every right to be angry. Scott was more focused on kissing her than letting her know this. He knew this would have been important to her after all of the mystery behind what she was. She had spent almost an entire year trying to figure out what the hell she was and how to understand it. Yet here she was with two minimal facts: first, she could heal, and second, she now had darkness encircled around her.

"Don't you or Stiles have it?" Foster cried out, wondering why he was so shocked by this. This could have easily been from the darkness around their hearts. Foster's dark heart immediately sank when Scott shook his head in decline. She released a shaky breath, running a hand through her hair. "Wh - why would you even wait to tell me this, Scott?" she demanded, her voice cracking.

He opened his mouth to speak, Foster holding her hand up to cut him off. She couldn't do this right now, it hurt too much.

"I can't believe this," she muttered to herself, the backs of her eyes burning with tears. She didn't mean to get so worked up over this, but this hurt her. Not only that, but it scared Foster beyond belief. She had no idea what having darkness around her like this meant, and in Beacon Hills, it clearly couldn't be a good thing.

"Foster - "

"Just stop, Scott," she breathed, her chest aching as she spoke. Foster made a step toward the door, Scott already up on his feet and cutting her off quickly.

His brown eyes were soft and warm, welcoming, while Foster had pure darkness behind hers. 

She wanted to push past him, but she couldn't bring herself to. It was almost like she was paralyzed under his look, as per usual. Scott made her feel this way where it was almost like she was missing another half of herself unless he was there.

In a way, Scott McCall was a part of her in so many different ways. She wasn't Ella Foster without Scott McCall by her side.

Soon enough, the center of his thumb was brushing against her cheek, Foster practically ripping herself away from his touch. He immediately winced, Foster shooting him a glare. He knew she was mad, he couldn't just go around and make her stomach erupt with butterflies so that everything was all better.

Damn, butterflies.

"What are you doing?" she snapped, her words holding barely any venom no matter how hard she tried to make her voice hard. Even when she was mad at Scott, in a way she wasn't. 

"You have bits of paint on your cheek," he spoke softly, hurt, before releasing a pained and tight sigh. 

She huffed, wiping her fingers across her cheek, more than likely missing each and every bit pathetically. She grew frustrated when she pulled her hand away, no paint shown on her fingers. It was enough to make her start trembling as she fought back the urge to break down and sob, to cry after everything she's been through and the fact that there was something wrong with her now. More so than ever.

Scott's hands immediately clasped over her feverishly trembling ones, her face tilted down so she wouldn't look at him.

"Foster," he breathed out softly, her name sound so light and delicate in his mouth. Her eyes slowly glanced up to him, watching as his hand reached out to brush her cheek again. "Let me get it."

And so she did, feeling his thumb glide against her skin gently, successfully wiping off the bits of pink paint that found their way onto her pale skin.

As soon as he finished, his body jerked back quickly, Foster watching in uttermost confusion.

"Derek," was all he had to say before Foster's eyes widened in confusion.

It was all he had to say before Scott's arm extended toward hers and his hand found hers, the two barreling back down the stairs and toward the scene of the party. By the time they were pushing open the door that lead back into the loft, the music was a dead stop and each and every one of the people who were attending the rave were rushing toward the door in a mad dash.

It was obvious that Derek Hale had finally made his appearance.

Foster glanced around in confusion, watching as Danny and Ethan held Lydia up, her body hunched over while Derek remained still at the front of the loft. In the corner near him, though, was a cloaked, black figure, Foster unable to see the front of it.

In fact, there was another in the corner across from it, this time Foster able to see the blackened mask on its face. It almost appeared to have razor sharp teeth cut into the mask.

Soon enough, Danny was carrying Lydia out of the loft, Aiden remaining in his place.

With Ethan dangling between the two of them, Isaac and Allison managed to stumble out of a hallway and back into the center of the loft, four of the cloaked and masked creatures accompanying them all.

Kira was also found in the back corner, near Aiden, but looking extremely shaken up. Foster had a feeling that the girl had already witnessed seeing whatever these creatures were.

As people continued to run in pursuit of an exit, the cloaked figures remained motionless and unwavering. Darkness practically radiated off of them, making Foster gulp as she thought of her own self. 

Her eyes wavered over to where Isaac was, the two making contact with one another. Isaac seemed to already be familiar with whatever these were, pure confusion racing throughout Foster's being.

Once the last person was out of the loft, leaving only the supernatural teens of Beacon Hills inside, all four of the cloaked figures simultaneously turned in Aiden's direction.

A confused and slightly terrified expression crossed the former alpha's face, Aiden warily voicing, "Guys, they're all looking at me." Foster glanced toward Scott, wondering if he had any idea what this was, but if anything, he looked just as - if not more - confused than her. They each then took a step into Aiden's direction, Aiden questioning, "Why are they all looking at me?"

They then took another step, and then another, until they were three more steps closer to Aiden's being.

"Guys!"

It was then when Scott darted into the mess of the figures that appeared to be ninjas. More like demonic ninjas. Following Scott's lead, Derek was quick to throw himself out into the madness as well. He landed a punch on one before he was sent stumbling down.

Scott swiped his claws in hopes to inflict a wound on one of them, but they easily dodged his blows, releasing clicking sounds as they went. One soon jumped up, flipping while trying to land its foot on Scott, but Scott was quick to duck and miss the impact. 

Regaining his balance, Derek released a growl as his fangs protruded, darting toward them once again. His hands grabbed hold of one of their heads, snapping it to the side. Everyone grew silent as they watched, assuming that Derek killed it.

Instead, pure darkness seemed to seep out, it pulling its head back together before snapping it back into place.

Foster's eyes widened, Derek unable to believe how it just pulled itself together like that. 

It soon created the clicking like hiss before grabbing Derek's shirt and throwing him against one of the beams in his loft, turning to face Scott who was protecting Aiden. 

It lunged toward him, Scott going down and rolling out of its way. Scott threw his leg out, the ninja dodging it as Scott tried to land a punch once again. The ninja was quick to grab his shoulder, spin him around and slam its palm against Scott's chest, sending him soaring through the air.

Foster gaped, watching in confusion and horror. Scott was a true alpha, how much power did this creature possess to be able to take him on so easily? 

He was slammed into a metal pole, a grimace crossing his face as he released a pained breath. Once again, just like before, the ninjas all went to facing Aiden.

Aiden gaped, Isaac tugging himself away from Ethan before starting toward the creatures in pursuit of Aiden. He came up behind one, releasing a low growl and allowing his claws to protrude, the ninja turning to face Isaac.

In seconds, the ninja put its hand into its chest before pulling a long, silver sword out of it. Isaac's eyes widened, as did Foster's.

She was not having her best friend die today. Hell no. 

It began to swing the sword around before pointing it toward Isaac, prepared to fight. Isaac slowly backed away, knowing that there was no way he would be winning a claw versus sword battle. Foster couldn't help but release a sigh of relief when Isaac backed away, in no mood to watch him get stabbed by a freaking demonic ninja. Whatever the hell it was.

It turned around once again, two going on either side of the twin as Allison voiced, "Somebody do something."

Foster had a feeling it was too late for that as two of the ninjas wrapped their hands around Aiden's forearms, another coming up in front of the werewolf. It placed its hand on the side of Aiden's face, Aiden's face growing limp and almost loopy as he stared into the piercing green lights that were the creature's eyes. 

Once finished, it pulled its hand away, smoke rising from Aiden's skin as he fell toward the ground.

It then turned to face Foster, the girl's eyes widening. Her mind was racing as it already was, thinking about the darkness around her and trying to figure out what it was that those creatures just did to Aiden.

Her lips parted as she slowly took a step back, unsure of how to go about this.

Of course, it seemed that Scott and Isaac had more of a drive to protect her than they did Aiden because they both immediately leaped into action. Scott was back on his feet within seconds, eyes glowing crimson while fangs appeared. 

He released a low, threatening growl as Isaac's eyes flashed golden, immediately darting toward Foster's side.

As Scott did this, the creatures turned to face him. Beside Foster, Isaac was quick to throw an arm out in front of her protectively. 

Before they could take even another step toward either Scott or Foster, the sun began to rise, a cloud moving out of its way in the morning sky, sunlight breaking through the window and billowing into the loft. 

It almost seemed to burned the creatures away, the ninjas turning into nothing but a mist of ash and fading away into thin air. 

The sunlight casted them away as though they were nothing.

Foster's eyes were locked on the window, looking towards the sun while Ethan jogged over to where his brother lay. 

"What the hell were those things?" Scott demanded, breaking the silence.

Everyone was silent, Isaac merely glancing toward Allison who was across the loft.

"Your dad's twenty four hours are up."

All of their eyes casted toward Allison, one thought on each and every one of their minds.

What could Chris Argent possibly know?

✢ ✢ ✢

AUTHOR'S NOTE: sorry that took 5ever. anyway, so yeah mcfoster made out and then they fought and then scotty protected her. you know, the usual. anyway, i hope you all enjoyed this! what do you guys think about the darkness around foster? any ideas on what's going on with her?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.3K 1.3K 24
(Completed) "You're not a monster you're a werewolf like me." What if Scott McCall had a younger sister? What is she was born a werewolf? What if s...
25.7K 596 47
-If you ever try to change me, I'll hunt you and everyone else you love. -You know we won't stop trying to bring you back. Especially Scott. -That'...
140K 3.1K 20
(UNDER MAJOR EDITING) ❝How do I make sure I don't hurt anyone?❞ ❝You learn to control it, not let it control you.❞ *extended summary inside OC X LIAM...
102K 2.9K 23
In which she tries to find herself again. ►►► [book 3 of the savior series] [season 5] [COMPLETED] DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF. ALL RIGHTS GO...