The Impossible G-Zero

By thedoctorgonepale

Issac Y. Geraldton was once a young man from a troubled family... Until one day during his job at a tech comp... More

Issue 1: G-Zero
Issue 2: A Stretch In Logic
Issue 3: Steal The Steel
Issue 4: Gravity Of Haunted Depths
Issue 5: The Boom-Boom Incident
Issue 6: Boys Night
Issue 7: The Kidnapping
Issue 8: G-Zero Vs The Interloper
Issue 9: Exo-Exo Xo
Issue 10: Vigilliance
Issue 11: Vigilliance Vs Velocotross
Issue 12: Magic In Sunrise

Issue 0: Opening The Impossible Door

429 12 8
By thedoctorgonepale

It's April 11, 2080.

Years since the "Final Trick" which jumpstarted the appearance of supernatural phenomena and the vigilante boom.

A young man left his shared apartment in uptown Sunrise City, California. A city that replaced the destroyed Los Angeles. This young man was 15. He had dark hair, a slightly buzzed cut on the sides, and he wore jeans, a t-shirt, and a cheap basic jacket.

(Teenage lab hand: Issac Y. Geraldton)

He raced to the bus stop, believing he was late, but it was simply his phone's clock running ahead.

Issac:(looks for the bus)

On the nearby bench, Issac saw a man in a completely black suit. Black shirt, bowtie, gloves, surgical mask, and glasses. This man was staring at a stopwatch with a briefcase between his legs.

Issac: Hey, dude! Did I miss the bus?

Man:(looks up at Issac)

Man:(shakes head)

Issac:(sigh of relief)

Taking a seat beside the man, Issac pulls out the breakfast bag one of his roommates made for him.

(stomach growls)

Issac: Hm? Are you hungry?

Man:....(nods)

Issac pulls out a banana and gives the rest of the breakfast to the man.

Issac: He usually makes too much for me. I can get by with this.

As the man takes the bag, Issac's bus arrives.

Issac: Later.

As he takes off, the man turns back to his stopwatch, only to lose interest. He was stuck glancing at the bag of breakfast and the bus Issac was in.

Man:... Fascinating...

Issac raced inside Cloud Tech. A rising technology development company with several military contracts.

This young man was clever, but not smart enough to be part of any development of tech. That's where his roommates and the head engineers of the company come in.

A pair of twins. Both are the same age as Issac and have a combined IQ of 600.

(Cloud Tech's heads of development: Mandy & Scott Treytion)

Scott: Good afternoon, sleep-zilla. How was my breakfast?

Straight to the point, and not quite emotionally articulate. Scott is, however, diligently caring for those he deems worthy.

Issac: It was okay. Could have gotten a fresh banana.

Mandy: Sorry we didn't wake you. We needed to give a lecture on the multiverse theory, plus set up for today's experiment...

More emotionally vibrant, yet somehow shorter than her twin, Mandy is where all the creativity went.

Issac: It's okay. Anything I can do?

Mandy:(smiles) Your job would be nice.

Yet she can accidentally seem ruthless from time to time.

Issac: Sure thing...

Entering the test chamber where a large frame, stood, Issac got to work as the muscle and helped get everything set up. This passion project of the genius twins was on a time limit.

Their deadline was in two hours.

Mandy and Scott desired to open a hole in the universe to find the multiverse. And if they can safely push something in and pull it out, the twins planned on shoving Issac in.

(SLAM)

Issac: Everything is set up!

Walking up the stairs to the control balcony, Issac leaned back and allowed the twins to finish things on their side.

Scott: Good job, Issac. Once we successfully open a hole, in reality, I'll bake a cake.

Mandy: Red velvet!

Issac: How about a carrot?

Mandy: Only if you wear a bunny suit.

Scott: T-minus 10...9...8...

Mandy: 7...6...5...

Mandy/Scott: 4...3..2...1!

Pulling a lever, the lights twinkled, as there was a large hum. Looking down in the test chamber, their frame had a door of light coming through it.

Mandy: Hah! The Board can't shut us down now!

Issac: So that's a hole in reality? I thought it would be more... "Abstract".

Scott grabs an apple with a string attached to it and gives it to Issac.

Scott: You're up. No radiation or any harmful rays. Should be safe.

Issac: You couldn't say "IS safe"?

Scott: Plasuble Deniablity.

Issac:(scarastically) Wow, yay!

Heading back down into the test chamber, Issac approaches the hole in the universe. And like a baseball pitcher, he winds up before throwing the apple into the hole.

(Thud)

But the apple did not make it through the hole, as a hand extended out of the hole in reality and caught it.

A fully armored humanoid then walked into the test chamber from the hole.

(The Interloper)

Issac: Uhhh...

Keeping their distance, the Interloper walks to the part of the frame to the left side of the room, as Issac backs up to the right side.

Interloper:(tilts head)

Mandy: Issac!

Issac:?

The twins race into the test chamber. Mandy was ready to run up to the Interloper, however, Issac held her back and shoved her behind him.

Issac: Hold on, Mandy! We don't know what this guy wants...

Mandy: Hello? Sir, what do you want?

Interloper:...

(Bam)

Punching the frame, the Interloper caused the hole in the universe to fizzle into a thin layer of energy, which the universe was trying to fill.

Issac: Hey! Knock it off!

Running up to the Interloper, Issac stopped the armored humanoid from punching the frame again.

Interloper:(tilts head)

Issac: This isn't yours to break!

Trying to punch the Interloper, Issac fails as the armored humanoid easily dodges the swing. They then grabbed Issac and threw him through the frame, where Issac was lightly shocked by the thin layer of energy where the hole was.

Issac: OOF!?

Scott/Mandy:?!

Scott now ran up to the Interloper to intervene, only to backhand into the frame, causing a pulse of energy that made all the power in the building go out, and made Mandy fall.

Issac/Scott/Mandy:(groans)...

The Interloper runs out of the testing chamber, as Issac gets up.

Mandy: Issac! Don't let it get away!

Issac: Wasn't planning on it!

Giving chase, Issac follows the Interloper as they race across the Cloud Tech building.

Issac: I don't know where you came from! But it's clearly a place with no manners!

Issac: Get back here so I can teach you some!

Bursting into the customer support floor. A place filled with cubicles, Issac began shouting for help.

Issac: Someone stops that guy!

No one tried.

Issac: Ugh! I hope you all get cucked!

The muffin-man's cart was pushed in the way of the Interloper who leaped ten feet too early, with some odd belief that they could make it.

(CRASH)

They did not. Instead, they crashed straight into it and fumbled, allowing Issac to close some of the distance until it was his time to jump.

Issac: HUGH!

Leaping over the muffin cart, Issac flew past the Interloper as they turned the corner, with more momentum than he thought he would have.

Issac: Huh!?

Before his mind could turn to the answer of the supernatural phenomenon as the reason why he's breaking a world record in jumping, Issac hits a window.

(THUNK)

Issac: Ugh! Great! Now I know what a bird feels like!

He continues to chase the Interloper into the stairwell where the two make their way up.

Issac: Does your world not have elevators!?

Interloper: They do. But this is the optimal path to make you exhausted.

Issac: So you can talk and understand me?

Interloper: Passing all those people talking allowed my translator to decypher your language.

Issac: Good. Let's talk this out then!

Interloper: Uninterested.

Issac: Then don't cry when I crack you out of that suit of yours!

(SLAM)

The two make it onto the roof of the Cloud Tech building. The sun was high, and the air was dry.

Issac: Nowhere to run.

The Interloper begins to jump.

Issac:...

They jump again, and again, until hopping one last time.

Issac: Are you done!?

The Interloper stares at his hands, whilst Issac approaches.

Interloper: It should be working... I should be connected with this Universe's fundamental forces-

(BAM)

Punching the Interloper, Issac makes their head turn, and the roof under their feet cracks.

Issac:(shakes fist) Ow!

Interloper: You.

Shoving Issac, the Interloper watches the teen hit the roof door and gently fall to his feet.

Confirming for Issac and themselves that the teen was not being affected by gravity correctly.

Issac:?

Issac: You've got some kind of... I dunno... Anti-gravity field?

Interloper: Fascinating. You seem to have gained the connection I sought after.

Issac: Eh? What are you talking about?

Issac runs back toward the Interloper.

Issac: Screw it! I'll ask you after I kick. Your. Ass-

Catching Issac's arm, the Interloper throws the teen, judo-style, off of the roof, where he goes flying with a strange trajectory.

Issac:!?!

As he flips around in the air, Issac loses his bearings and begins to panic. Gritting his teeth, he holds back the desire to scream for help, for his pride wouldn't allow it. But the more glances he got at the fall below and as the feeling of vertigo started to be too monstrous, his pride began to die.

Issac:(inhale)

He was ready to scream until the young man found himself in the arms of someone quite "super".

(The Scarlet Comet: Alfa)

The city's residential superhero caught Issac.

Alfa: I'm guessing you aren't suicidal... Or eating well, you're super light.

Issac: There was this armored guy! You've gotta get them-

Looking at the roof, the Interloper was no longer there. Alfa put Issac back onto the roof.

They would not find the Interloper that day.

Issac, Mandy, and Scott returned to their apartment late that night, after the police questioning where they had to say the Interloper was a robber. And the twins were now on thin ice with the board of directors.

Mandy: Unbelievable... We did it... We DID IT.

Mandy: We opened a hole in reality. Had a humanoid walk out, basically confirming other realities with life.

Mandy: And they put us in the doghouse!

Scott: They'll use any excuse they can to force us to work on their weapons...

Scott: If we could somehow capture that "Interloper".

Scott: It would be the discovery of a lifetime! And we could bargain for shares of the company with the CEO.

Mandy: And we would be free to do whatever we want!

Mandy: I think it's time we turn to my superhero plan!

Scott: That's a bit extreme...

Mandy: I can make a super suit, not difficult at all!

She rubs her runny nose.

Mandy:(sniff)... I'll be known as... "Techno-Logic"!

Scott: Mandy... Please... Can we take this a bit more seriously? Our integrity is on the line.

As the twins bickered, Issac was hopping, finding himself to be effective by gravity less and less.

Issac: Hey, nerds... Is it possible that some kinda electro whatsit could have caused... I dunno...

Issac: Someone to be resistant to gravity?

Scott/Mandy: No. Why-

Turning to Issac they found their friend floating down as if he was on the moon.

Scott was surprised. But Mandy's surprise quickly turned to pure joy as she placed her hands on Issac's hips and lifted him off the ground.

Issac: HEY! What do you think you're doing!?

She tosses him into the air and watches him float down.

Mandy: 1.02 meters per second squared! Hahahaha!

She tosses him up again. This time into the ceiling.

Issac: Gha!?

Mandy: Hahahaha!

Scott: How is this possible?!

Mandy: Let's find out!

Issac: Listen, I'm kinda freaking out here! So could you give me some WHAAA?

(WACK)

Issac: Knock it off, Mandy!

Mandy:(gasp)

Mandy: Issac! You could be a superhero...

Issac: I could be blown away by the wind! So would you focus?

(SLAM)

Crashing into the floor, Issac feels an immense weight on top of himself.

Issac: What's happening to me....?

Cupping his cheeks, Mandy turns Issac's face towards her and Scott.

Mandy:(smile) Something Impossible. Something fantastic...

Scott: It's something we'll figure out together. (smile) Don't worry.

Issac felt the weight be lifted off.

Issac: You two are too much sometimes...

(2 years ago...)

A younger Mandy was hiding behind Scott as bullies from the school they graduated early from were picking in the now college kids.

At least they were until a younger Issac arrived, beating up the bullies to save the day.

From the outside, it looked like the twins gained a bodyguard.

But in reality, the three found themselves a new family member in each other.

(Superhero database)

Hero Name: Alfa

Titles:

The Scarlet Comet

That Red chick

Secret Identity: Betty Cooper

Age: 29

Species: Human

Origin Story: Betty Cooper was a girl who was put into a coma after a car crash, where she stayed in a coma until a fugitive mage snuck into her hospital to hide.

Because of an ancient helmet that they stole, the mage was hunted down quickly, but the helmet was taken by Betty's nephew who placed it on her.

Betty's body was then possessed by the spirit within the magical ruby of the helmet.

With broken memories, the spirit took the identity of Betty Cooper. But once Betty's nephew was kidnapped, they awoke to Justice and became the hero known as Alfa.

They even took the ruby from the ancient helmet and reattached it to her new costume.

Powers and Abilities:

Alfa possesses the power to fly and move at the speed of sound. The ability to lift 100 tons. Superhuman durability and minor immunity to magic.

Her prime power is to heat anything she touches. Alfa can cause the rock to melt.

During the day, she is at her strongest. At night, her power is weakened.

The ruby which housed the spirit, can absorb souls and magic. Along with allowing Alfa to fire a heat ray by focusing her power through it.

Weaknesses:

Prolonged lack of sunlight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.7K 5.8K 102
Ada, a cashier in a consumer-tech dystopia, uses electro-pulse capabilities on a revenge mission against her father. Along the way, she hopes to disc...
801 25 12
50 years ago, hundreds of meteors pelted the earth. Those who managed to find and touch a meteorite were granted a special gift, superpowers. In the...
7.2K 573 43
After being genetically altered by an unstable element, seven high school students must use their newfound superhuman abilities to prevent an army of...
545 21 20
Issac was taken away, from his world to another world. Mind and soul yes it was Issac but the body wasn't the same. Issac was switched into anothe...