A Promise Of A White Rose

By ravegirl346

'Remember our promise' She said her bright blue eyes stared at the cold blue eyes of Seto Kaiba, the young wo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 15

73 6 1
By ravegirl346

Lately there's a new trend of digital pets. Everyone is going nuts for them. Kiara held her digital pet.

And on this particular day Joey got in trouble at school for playing with it during class.

"Joey, that's the third time today." Kiara scolded him that it was now their free period. "Didn't Téa tell you to switch it off?"

"I don't want to, it won't grow if it's switched off." Joey explained

"I guess there's no point." Téa said while playing with her search pink digital pet device."They're so cute."

"They are." Kiara said playing with hers her device being a light blue."These come in a variety of colors that its hard to pick."

"And if you raise it well you'll get a good outcome." Yugi said "It's almost like your raising your child."

"Yeah, i'm devoting half my day to him." Joey proudly said

"I just play with mine when i'm bored." Kiara said

"That's a waste of time." Tristan begrudgingly said

"You're only saying that because you couldn't buy one. It's sold out everywhere." Joey teased.

"Is that why you're so mopey today?"Kiara teased.

"No! It's a waste of time having one of those things!" Tristan exclaimed. "We can't let virtual games like this search control our lives! You guys can play all you want while I take care of things in the real world."

"Good morning!" Miho greeted them

"Morning? You missed the first period and second period "Kiara said

Miho giggled. "Well…it's hard to take care of her." She replied taking out her digital pet. "She also slept in late." She showed her digital pet which looked like a mini her. Tristan blushed over Miho's cuteness.

"So you're doing it too, Miho." Yugi smiled

"Yeah, I really want to go to Australia. " Miho said

"Australia?" Téa repeated

Miho took out a flyer she had in her bag."It's this Sunday, it's a virtual pet competition and the prize is a trip to Australia!" Miho happily exclaimed

"Oh wow, that's exciting."Kiara said reading over the flyer.

"I see, so that's why Joey is so desperate to train his pet." Téa said glancing at the blonde.

Joey scratched the back of his head as he chuckled. " Well I couldn't go on a foreign trip on this device."

"But Miho is tired." She said glancing at a lovesick Tristan."If only there's someone who can take care of it so that it can win The prize for me?"

"Oh, looks like the prize is two tickets." Kiara said after she finished reading the flyer.

"Just leave it to me!" Tristan said cupping Miho"s hands. "I swear I'll make sure you win!"

'When it comes to Miho he switches gears so fast.'Kiara thought she looked down at her virtual pet. 'They are fun and my pet is cute. '

After that homeroom started, Tristan skipped class and ran home to take care of the virtual pet for Miho. Now the end of the school day the gang walked together.

"That Tristan. "Kiara said "Of all the things he just up and skips."

"It's for a good reason, to win the trip!"Miho smiled. "He's such a good friend."

'Ouch.' Kiara thought she looked down at her pet. "Anyone has a chance at winning it just depends on how you care for it, it's like Yugi said, it's like raising a child."

The group stopped at a store, seeing all the little kids crowding on the window.

"Ahh! It's a gold pet!" Yugi exclaimed

"A gold pet really?! Wow!" Kiara said in awe. "A limited edition gold pet! "

"Limited edition?" Téa repeated

"Only a hundred of them were made, they say that you can raise an amazing pet!" Yugi explained

"So you're saying that with that its a guaranteed win at the contest?" Joey said he looked at the window where the gold pet was nestled on a pillow.

"I want it!" Miho chimed in happily.

"Uh…Miho i hate to Burst your bubble but it's about fifty thousand yen." Kiara said Miho's expression changed.

"What that much?!" Joey said shocked at the amount.

"It is a limited edition pet and very rare."Kiara said

In the mist of the crowd, someone started pushing them, knocking the gang off the window.

"Hey! Kujirada didn't they teach ya not to push people!" Joey snapped at the bigger teenager.

"That gold pet is mine!" Kujirada said he raised his big hand smashing the store window taking the gold pet.

The store owner quickly ran out prepared to yell at him, before he could do that Kujirada tossed money to the store owner for payment and repairs. The owner quickly changed his mind after seeing the large amount of money, Kujirada laughed triumpfully and walked away.

"That bastard."Joey muttered "He didn't have lunch money back then only had just enough for rice, just what changed?"

"He used to be a good kid now for some reason he's wild and was forced to changed schools." Téa said

"I guess money changes people. "Kiara commented.

After that the gang went their way home. Kiara let out a sigh as she entered her bedroom, she tossed her bag as it landed on her chair, she jumped on her bed, she hugged her bunny toy.

"I haven't seen him at school lately…"Kiara muttered she reached in her pocket taking out her phone. "I should call to meet him later…after all I did promise Mokuba that I would help Seto relax more no..he might be at a meeting so email would be better? Or a text?"

After Kaiba returned to his office, he sat back behind his computer and couldn't even believe them, the storyboard for said that they presented to him was horrible. Kaiba couldn't believe they had the nerve to present him with those prototypes. He was now on a deleting spree clearing up any junk mail when a certain email caught his eye. In the subject line it read: 'This is Kiara' He was used to her sending him emails so he opened it:

'Hi Kaiba,

Mobuka asked me if i can stay over at your place for a sleepover. I told him that I'd discuss it with you, Not sure if you'll even read this but If you do i'll ask you later on to set a date. Even though we're both busy I enjoy spending time with you and Mokuba. I appreciate you having the time out of your busy schedule to see me. If you're ever free or need someone to talk to let me know.

Kiara Sasaki'

The message is harmless and yet it made him feel different Kiara staying over. Just that is too much he felt something in his chest. He closed his email and leaned back in his chair.

"Tristan hasn't been in school for three days!" Kiara said as it was their lunch break she glanced at Miho who was in her own little world. "This isn't right Miho."

"It's fine, he's been watching my pet so i'll be a shoe in for the contest."Miho said smiling.

'It's not right for you to use him like that….poor Tristan.' Kiara thought letting out a sigh, Téa shook her head also disapproving of how Miho is using Tristan.

"He's cute." Kiara said looking over at Yugi's shoulder at his virtual pet.

"Thanks, I call him Yu-2." He said smiling.

"Yu-2? How cute, Mine is pretty good too." Téa said showing her friends her virtual pet her pet being shape as a peach with a decorative ribbon. " Her name is Sumomo."

"So cute!" Kiara said taking out her pet."Mine is cute too. " Her friends looked at the screen at a small Fairy holding what looked like a flower in her hand."Her name is Peri."

"Ah how cute!" Miho said

"Wait a minute!" Joey jumped in the conversation showing them his virtual pet, that looked like a carrot with eyes. "That contest is already in the bag with me and Joe for the win!"

"He doesn't look cute at all."Miho said

"The only resemblance is that they're both cheeky." Téa teased.

"Shut up!" Joey said "Hey Yugi, Kiara let's exchange data! That way our pets can grow."

" Yu-2 is timid so it would be good if he had some of Joe's wild characteristics and Peri's personality as well." Yugi said "I also heard that if two pets match up something amazing would happen."

"What would happen?" Kiara asked her eyes sparkled in excitement.

"I don't know…no one has done it before..." Yugi truthfully said.

"Well..why don't you and Joey link up then I'll link up with Yugi."Kiara said

They agreed and Link up their pets, in the screen they saw Joe beating Yu-2 up.

"Figures you would beat him up!" Kiara scolded. "you haven't giving him etiquette training have you?"

"It slipped my mind."Joey said

After Joe finished beating Yu-2 up the exchange data finished.

"Okay Yugi let's see what Peri and Yu-2 do." Kiara said

"Link up." Both said connecting the toy up.

In the screen they saw Peri coming over to Yu-2's place, both looked happy to see each other.

"Ah look their playing." Miho said

"So cute." Téa said

Yugi smiled as he saw Yu-2 holding out his hand to Peri, she waved her flower wand. "Oh I think Peri is giving Yu-2 something!" Kiara said "It's a flower bracelet, how cute!"

"Ah, yeah he likes it." Yugi said "Looks like they're done, transfer complete."

Kiara smiled looking at her pet, dancing around.

"Okay Kiara my turn!" Joey said "Link up!"

In the screen they saw Joe and Peri, it looked like Joe tried to jump kick her but she easily flew with her wings dodging it.

"Looks like Joe tried to pick a fight with Peri."Kiara said "And failed."

"Eh?!"Joey said

"Ah, data exchange is done." Kiara said "Looks like anyone has a chance of winning." She placed her pet back in her pocket.

"Oh really now?" Kujirada said, walking in full swagger in the classroom. "The winner will be me." Showing off his rare gold pet.

Joey scoffed. "Kujirada, don't get a big head just cause ya got a gold pet!" Joey exclaimed.

"Oh yeah, check it out he's a devilmaster!" He said loudly full of pride, showing the gang his pet it looked like a big burly shape pet with a black star on its chest.

"He looks like he has a lousy personality. " Téa mumbled

"That's yours?" Kiara said

"If you have money you can unlock so many secrets in this toy." Kujirada said a matter of factly.

He took Téa's pet and forced a link up to fight. Kujirada grinned evilly as his pet ate Téa's.

"My pet Devilmaster grows stronger by eating other digital pets."Kujirada said tossing Téa's toy.

"My Sumomo…" Téa muttered.

"Kujirada you bastard!" Joey yelled out.

"Oh shall he eat yours too?" Kujirada challenge.

"Let's see if he can! Fight!" Joey said as he linked up his pet with Kujirada. At first it looked like Joe had won but devilmaster easily defeated and ate him. Kujirada had a smug look on his face.

"Looks like that Australia trip is mine." Kujirada said

"How dare you use the pets that others raised so hard for your own gain!" Miho scolded.

'Look who's talking!' Kiara thought shaking her head.

"You're the one to talk." Téa muttered, also shaking her head.

"Kujirada, everyone raised their digital pets with care, it's wrong to eat them." Yugi said

"Shut up, in this world is those who have money that win!" Kujirada exclaimed. "You understand this don't you Kiara?"

"You're wrong! It's not about money, it's all about how you treat people! Learn to respect others!" Kiara snapped. "I never flaunt money around, instead I just give respect something you don't have."

"Why you! How about I'll just eat your pet! That'll teach you!" Kujirada snapped.

"Stop!"

The group turned and saw Tristan looking extremely fatigued, bags under his eyes, hair messy.

'He's a mess..oh Tristan why?' Kiara thought.

"I..raised the ultimate pet." Tristan confidently said. "For three days straight I raised the ultimate pet meet super Ichigo!" He showed what looked like a mini him with a mop bucket.

The two connected their devices to battle their pets and Tristan's easily defeated Kujirada's.

"Super Ichigo does not allow trash to exist!" Tristan triumpfully said. "He finds trash, he destroys it!"

Kujirada Scoffed storming out of the classroom.

"Ha! That's what ya get!" Joey said

"Tristan that was amazing!" Yugi said

"Good job!" Miho said

"Nice one Tristan. " Kiara said smiling at him.

"That pet is just like Tristan." Téa said looking at the digital pet screen.

A noise interrupted them, they turned their attention to their classmate, purple hair and yellow square frame glasses.

"Haiyama, is there something wrong?" Kiara asked

"No…nothing. " Haiyama muttered Kiara raised an eyebrow at him.

Sometime later the bell rung a sign that the school day ended. Kiara had her driver pick her up. Kiara played with her digital pet until she arrived at her next location.

Glancing over at the stack of files sitting on his work desk all finished and signed with his seal of approval, he huffed remembering all the homework Kiara will bring him.

He glanced at his rolex (4:45pm) He did have the next few days from school off because of a holiday and he was going at a good pace with everything.

Once more he opened his email didn't feel himself losing steam, He wasn't tired, he was used to it due to everything that happened his company growing. As usual he heard a soft knock.

"Enter." Kaiba said as he closed his notebook, he saw Kiara and Mokuba.

"Hi..um..here today's homework." Kiara said her pocket beep, taking out her digital pet.

"You too."Kaiba said

"Yeah." Kiara smiled. "Everyone at school has one, today I linked mine with Yugi and Joey's to see if something would happen. Yugi said that something interesting would happen if two pets are compatible with each other."

"How did it go when you link up?" Mokuba asked

"It went okay, nothing interesting happened in the link up." Kiara said

Kiara looked up at Kaiba."Hey you have one too right? Let's link up!"

"No." He said

"Aw…please." Kiara said staring at him.

"Yeah, please Seto, i'm curious to see how your digital pets do."Mokuba chimed in. "Maybe that rumor is true, please try it!"

That did peak Kaiba's interest, and if the rumor is true that something interesting would happen if their pets are compatible.

"Fine." Kaiba said as he took out his gold pet.

Kiara couldn't help but giggle, figures he would have a rare gold pet. They linked up. Mokuba watched the screen, Kaiba's pet being a kid dragon warrior and Kiara's fairy.

"Oh look!" Kiara said the screen both devices glowed. "Peri is evolving!"

"Draco is too!" Mokuba said excitedly.

They saw that they had evolved all grown up Draco being a full grown dragon warrior and Peri into a fairy queen her wings with floral designs and a green dress with a flower crown, Kiara looked at her pet screen Peri having hearts and flowers all around her grasping The warrior's hand, while Draco is all serious yet having a faint heart in his background.

"I think they like each other. " Mokuba said

"I never saw this reaction before when I linked up with my friends." Kiara said "That must be that our pets are very compatible with each other."

Kaiba stared at the screen and at her, seeing her smile gushing at how their virtual pet's acted. Just seeing her smile like that was just too cute to describe.

"So Seto can Kiara stay over for a sleepover?" Mokuba asked his eye's glittered in excitement.

"We have a three day weekend from school next month." Kiara mentioned when she took out her agenda flipping the pages. "My schedule is clear…what about you?"

Kaiba stared at her a sleepover? What was Mobuka thinking?! So many things went by his mind. "No…I mean it's one thing you coming over and another is staying over…I would be in a meeting in those days or even flying over to one of my suppliers if they screw up." Kaiba said

Mokuba pouted his eyes glanced at Kiara's crestfallen face. "Oh…yeah…I guess you're right about that.." She said sadly her eyes downcast.

That look…..he hated seeing that look..he can't cave in….he can't...damn it! "Look if somehow I finish early, we can…we can have one sleepover alright one night! If my schedule is free and those idiots at work don't screw anything up.." Kaiba said crossing his arms over his chest. It wasn't a yes or a no..and all of it is true but just the thought of having her over even for one night made him feel….nervous?

Mokuba couldn't stop grinning, he glanced at Kiara who was nodding her head. While Seto tilted his head away from her trying to hide a very faint blush. 'Big brother really likes Kiara if he's willing to compromise this much.' Mokuba thought 'It proves that he likes her!'

Thats the end of this chapter please leave a review

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 132 17
Ranks: #1 eyesonyou I couldn't focus on our steps because Yugyeom put the rose on my lips and leaned in. My heart stopped as his lips kissed the rose...
71.4K 1.3K 34
Skylar Kaiba is the daughter of the one and only Seto Kaiba, the second greatest duelist in the world of Duel Monsters. She has a dragon/warrior/spel...
34.2K 882 22
Kaiba was known as a cold-hearted man who didn't believe in fantasies. Until now. When he saved Mokuba's life from the exploding ship, he thought he...
1.3K 48 16
A promise can last for eternity, a promise made between two lovers that no matter where in time they are the promise will be kept, "Will always be to...