1985: Dawn of a New World (A...

By NitashiX

Several millenia has passed and the world has undergone a lot of changes. Along with the advancement of techn... More

Chapter I - Summer Surprise
Chapter 2 - An Unexpected Friend
Chapter 3 - A Long Night
Chapter 4 - From Myth to Reality
Chapter 5 - A New Family
Chapter 6 - First Step Towards a Dream
Chapter 7 - A Dark Memory
Chapter 8 - Cat and Dog
Chapter 9 - A Girl Shrouded in Mystery
Chapter 10 - There's a First Time for Everything
Chapter 11 - Heaven and Earth
Chapter 12 - Blood Brother
Chapter 13 - I'm Stuck With Them
Chapter 14 - May's Challenge
Chapter 15 - Let's Work Together
Chapter 16 - Mark's Art of War
Chapter 17 - Level Up!
Chapter 18 - Black Frost
Chapter 19 - First Blood
Chapter 20 - Tournament
Chapter 21 - Ice Princess
Chapter 22 - Keep Your Distance
Chapter 23 - Wit and Deception
Chapter 24 - Friendship and Honor
Chapter 25 - To Win Her Heart
Chapter 26 - The Fast and the Sturdy
Chapter 27 - Burn Baby Burn
Chapter 28: Round Two
Chapter 29 - A Noble's Rage
Chapter 30 - Beatrice Eliot
Chapter 31 - Final Resolve
Chapter 32 - On to the Finals
Chapter 33 - Prove Yourself!
Chapter 34 - Pride and Determination
Chapter 35 - Battle Royale
Chapter 36 - Red Alert
Chapter 37 - An Old Enemy
Chapter 38 - The Close Combat King
Chapter 39 - War of Gadgets
Chapter 40 - Mentors and Students
Chapter 41 - The Sword Demon and the Lightning Gunner
Chapter 42 - Captured
Chapter 43 - Alpha, Beta, Omega
Chapter 44 - What Do I Fight For?
Chapter 45 - Back to Normal?

Demonology

144 9 4
By NitashiX

Hi guys!

To update you of the variety of demons I've used here, and also for those who haven't read Taran Matharu's book yet, here's a detailed description of the demons for you guys to be able to imagine them more clearly.

The list will be updated every now and then.

¤¤¤000¤¤¤

Arach - Is an enormous black spider, with a body as large as a human head and spindly legs. It had a cluster of beady eyes set in the center of its forehead and a swollen body peppered with stiff brown hairs. It has mandibles that serve as its mouth. (From Tharan Matharu's Summoner: Origins Chp 13) It shoots sticky threads, almost same as a spider's web but a lot thicker and more sticky. It also has the ability to inject a stinger at its prey.

First Mention: Chapter 12 but was first described at Chapter 3.
Owner: James Santos
Level: 5

Basilisk - A demon with the head of a rooster then body of an overgrown chameleon. It can spit an acidic fluid to defend itself from its foes.

First Mention: Chapter 21
Owner: Jerrell Ragsac
Level: 4

Centycore - It has the head of a great black bear, body and tail of a lion with black fur and limbs of a horse. It has two white majestic antlers, each branches into ten pointed horns. It has a very powerful bite that can grind stones like nuts. It's sometimes uses its antlers as defense and can severely wound larger opponents.

First Mention: Chapter 19
Owner: Shyra Yago
Level: 10

Cerberus - It resembles an oversized dog with three heads, and tail of a serpent. Its three heads all have biting powers similar to a wolf but mostly prefers to breathe fire to its opponent.

First Mention: Chapter 15
Owner: May Santos
Level: 8

Cherufe - This demon resembles a bipedal demon with head of a snake, a body similar to that of a komodo dragon, arms and legs similar to a gorilla and two great horns, similar to a gazelle's. It's whole body is covered in scales that is similar to a blazing hot, solid magma. Tongues of flame are visible on its joints but can also spread to its whole body at will. Weak demons can be consumed by the mere heat of its body. It fights like a barbaric pugilist, using its fists mostly in battle.

First Mention: Chapter 28
Owner: Page Anson
Level: 10

Ent - It is similar to an old oak tree that has grown wooden hands and feet. It can grow as large as an old tree and has a very long life span of more than a century. They are mostly peaceful in nature but if agitated, they can elongate their arms to strangle or stab their foe. It can form barriers through its roots and arms to protect itself and others as well.

First Mention: Chapter 12
Owner: Lyra Oppus
Level: 6

Fafnir - It resembles a serpent like chinese dragon with scales of a snake. It has fangs similar to a snake that can inject poison to it's foe. It doesn't have wings but is able to hover in the air using some gliding technique to make the air carry it upward and where it wills. It breathes a fog of poison that can be deadly when one is exposed in it for too long

First Mention: Chapter 22
Owner: Randall Laquian
Level: 9

Faun - It has a head and legs of a goat, then body and arms of a man, fully covered in white goat's fur. It has random spots from all over its body and two short horns on its head. It usually fight like a kickboxer, mostly utilizinh its legs in battle with it's hands merely for defense

First Mention: Chapter 19
Owner:Hank Leyte
Level: 7

Felid - it resembles a bipedal cat. With two sets if eyes. One major set, with a smaller set behind them.

Subclasses:

> Leonin - It resembles a female lion. Being the stongest among the Felid and the largest, it usually fights more aggressively than the other. It's moves are more similar to that of a mixed martial artist.

First Mention: Chapter 12
Owner: Beatrice Eliot
Level: 7

> Tigrine - It resembles that of a tiger. It usually has a burnt orange fur, with black stripes. It stands smaller than the Leonin, but faster. It usually fights in a wait and ambush manner similar to a ninja but is more agressive than a Jaguarin.

First Mention: Chapter 12
Owner: Ashton Parker
Level: 7

> Jaguarine - It resembles a plain black jaguar, a bit smaller than a Tigrin and moves as fast as it. It fights similar to an assassin, lying in wait for its prey then attacks at the best opportunity.

First Mention: None yet but first described in Chapter 3 and mentioned generally as a Felid throughout the previous chapters.
Owner: May Santos
Level: 7

> Leopine - It resembles that of an african leopard. It stands the smallest among the Felids but moves the fastest. It uses its legs mostly in battle but also uses punches only, not as strong as the other Felids. It likes to move freely in the battlefield, attacking from all sides of the opponent.

First Mention: Chapter 12
Owner: Page Anson
Level: 7

Enenra - It appears as a floating haze of dark shadow. Although they are vulnerable to physical attack, these demons are able to drain the life from all that they touch, enveloping smaller demons until all they leave is a lifeless corpse. Cousin to the Sylph, these rare demons tend to live in the caves, swamps and other dark places of the ether. (Summoner: The Novice Wikia - https://summoner-the-novice.fandom.com/wiki/Demons)

First Mention: Chapter 41
Owner: Vincent Dy
Level: 8

Gargoyle- It has a whole body of a large black gremlin and large wings of a bat. It can petrify its body and become as hard as granite when severely wounded to defend itself. It attacks with the sharp claws of its hands and legs.

First Mention: Chapter 19
Owner: An unnamed man
Level: 10

Golem - They are elemental class demons that can be made from different minerals, including clay, mud and sand with a Stone Golem being the most powerful. They appear roughly humanoid but they have one large digit and a thumb. (From Taran Matharu's Summoner: Novice - Demonology)

First Mention: Chapter 12
Owner: Randall Laquian
Level: 8

Griffon - a horse sized demon with the body, tail and back legs of a lion then head, wings and talons of an eagle.

First Mention: Chapter 12
Owner: Mr. Anub
Level: 10

Hippogryph - It has a head that resembles a bateleur eagle and body of a lion with tiffany blue fur. It's wings is that of a large bald eagle. It attacks mostly with its sharp claws.

First Mention: Chapter 19
Owner: Caitlin Terre
Level: 7

Jackalope - A demon that resembles an overgrown bipedal hare with the size of a full grown lion. It has long rabbit ears and two bistre brown antlers that resembles that of a red deer's antler. It can make burrows in the ground, almost as quickly as a Serpentid but doesn't really live underground as Serpentids do. They attack with rapid punches, aiming to knock out their opponents unconscious. They are mostly vegetarian so the punches are merely for defense. They use their huge antlers to fend off attackers that are larger than they are. It's fur color vary from white, gray, black and light brown.

First Mention: Chapter 29
Owner: Ashton Parker
Level: 5

Kappa - It is a green reptilian skinned creature that resembles an overgrown bipedal turtle. It's arms and legs are too short to be used in battle but when it has to fight, it hides in it's shell and spin to attack it's enemy. It's shell is a very sturdy defense against enemies. It can also spit an acid like liquid to attack its foe

First Mention: Chapter 21
Owner: Candice Tagle
Level: 7

Kelpie - a demon resembling a pony with majestic white fur and a mane that is always dripping with water. It is an amphibian demon and spends most its time in water. It can lure a weak minded demon into a hypnotic state.

First Mention: Chapter 21
Owner: Jerrell Ragsac
Level: 6

Khnum - It is a demon with the head of a ram and a human like body coated with a sheep's whool. It fights like a professional boxer but also uses it's legs to kick from time to time.

First Mention: Chapter 21
Owner: Yvette Alcain
Level: 7

Kirin - It might be described as a hybrid between reptile and horse. Though their body shape resembles that of their equine cousins, Kirins are armored from head to hoof in viridian scales. Much like its cousin, the Alicorn, the Kirin sports a horn in the center of its forehead, though the Kirin's branches in two rather like an antler. (Summoner: The Novice Wikia - https://summoner-the-novice.fandom.com/wiki/Demons)

First Mention: Chapter 41
Owner: Lyn Dy
Level: 7

Knucker - It resembles that of a western dragon covered in shiny blue fish scales that glistens like a sapphire stone when hit by light. It shoots torrents of water to defend itself from its foes.

First Mention: Chapter 22
Owner: Erin Ridao
Level: 9

Leucrocota - It has a head similar to a brown badger, body of a lion cub with bistre brown fur and limbs of a donkey. It is merely the size of a miniature donkey. It's bite isn't that big bit it can bite through rocks as if munching on soft bread.

First Mention: Chapter 19
Owner: Jory Tomo
Level: 5

Lutra - It is a dog sized demon that sort of resembles an overgrown otter with a tail spiked like a morning star and has two large incisors. (From Taran Matharu's Summoner: Novice - Demonology)

First Mention: Chapter 12
Owner: Yvette Alcain
Level: 4

Mite - Is an family of insect-like demons in the ether.

Subclasses:

> Scarab - They appear like large flying beetles and vary in color. When fully grown, they develop a weapon other than their powerful Mandibles - a nasty stinger that can temporarily paralyze and even kill an enemy. (From Taran Matharu's Summoner: Novice - Demonology)

First Mention: Chapter 3
Owner: All students except Mark
Level: 1

Peryton - It resembles a white gazelle with huge magnificent wings like that of an eagle.

First Mention: Chapter 4
Owner: None
Level: 8

Quetzalcoatl - It resembles that of a feathered serpent with flashy colors. It has green feathers with a red mane on its head like that of a horse. Its wings also of green feathers, and resembles that of a great hawk. At the tip of its tail is a fiery red fur similar to that of a lion's tail end. Its non-feathered chest is an elegant shiny white and eyes of a shiny emerald stone. It can summon violent twisters in battle making it a very dangerous opponent.

First Mention: Chapter 7
Owner: May Santos
Level: 12

Serpentid - It resembles a perfectly white cobra with spikes on its tail. It can burrow in the ground like an earthworm. It attacks similar to a snake, raising its head then biting its foe in a snap.

First Mention: Chapter 12
Owner: Sean Acas
Level: 5

Serpopard - A demon with the body of a leopard, head and wings of a falcon, and a long serpent-like neck. They are known to be viscious hunters, able to locate their prey from high up the ground.

First Mention: Chapter 25
Owner: Alfredo Mago
Level: 7

Shrike - It is a birdlike demon with long black feathers and a cruelly hooked beak. They have large black feathers with a wingspan as wide as a tall man with each wing's endmost feather tipped with bleached white (From Taran Matharu's Summoner: Novice - Demonology). It fights its foe by pecking with its beak and striking with its talons.

First Mention: Chapter 12
Owner: Myrtle Davis
Level: 4

Vulpid - It is a close cousin to a Canid but slightly smaller. It resembles a fox with three tails and is known for its agility and speed. (From Taran Matharu's Summoner: Novice - Demonology)

First Mention: Chapter 12
Owner: Simen Jaca
Level: 6

Yeti - It looks similar to a huge ape filled with dirty white hair except its face and the fingers of both its hands and feet. Its eyes are dark blue with the sclera almost bloody red. Two large fangs extend from its lower jaw and remain visible, even with its mouth closed. Its bare skin is black, with the texture similar to that of a gorilla. It has two horns that curl up similar to that of a full grown ram. It has a barbaric way of fighting, hammering its foe with its bare hands.

First Mention: Chapter 7
Owner: Mark Lorenzo
Level: 10

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 8 41
(AU universe). there's an academy that exists where students are trained in the different genres of YouTube. be a gamer, a beauty guru, a diyer, a...
67 0 60
The current Earth gives rise to a Demon Lord who gathers the Demon clan together while humanity stands their ground. The two factions engaged in a wa...
376 13 3
(This is a male reader type story 'cause I can't refrain from doing those) After being shot and killed in the streets of Berlin, an introverted histo...
1.5K 107 21
Akko and her friends accidentally summoned a boy from another world to Luna Nova against his will, and now his new goal in life is to go back... But...