š„š¬šœššš©š¢š§š  š„š„š¢šØ | ļæ½...

By KMNOVELS

š‚šŽšŒšš‹š„š“š„šƒ āœ”ļøŽ š€ š’š“š€ššƒ š€š‹šŽšš„ šŒš€š…šˆš€ š‘šŽšŒš€šš‚š„ ā§ š‹š¢š§šš š†šØš§š³ššš„šžš³ is a poo... More

Preface
Prologue
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN

TEN

3K 78 51
By KMNOVELS

"You are a monster, Elio. I could never love someone like you." Her words felt worse than bullets, digging deep into my skin.

She thought I was a monster? I mean, she did meet me in an alleyway after I killed a man.

He was a rapist, an evil man. I had been itching to pull the trigger on him for a while, we just had to wait until he made an offense against us.

That kiss was something I had never felt before. She was soft and fit against me perfectly, like my missing puzzle piece.

But she could never love someone like me. I grow more and more frustrated the closer I get to my house. Fuck this.

It had been two long months of no sex. If she didn't want me, I'd find a woman who did. Taking a sharp turn, I head back into town and stop by the nearest bar.

It was packed, young people clumped together everywhere. "Whiskey. And leave the bottle." I say, flagging down the bartender. With a nod of his head, he sets down a glass and bottle.

I down the alcohol, feeling it burn down my throat. How can she not want me? Every woman I meet falls at my feet. She shoved me away, she told me I was a monster.

I down glass after glass, my thoughts filled with her. A curvy brunette slides up next to me, "You need some company?" She purrs out, placing a manicured hand on my shoulder.

I turn to her with a smirk, ready to run my best game. Meeting her eyes stopped me in my place. She didn't have Lina's fiery personality or her soft delicate features.

It made my stomach churn. Fuck! Why can't I let this shit go?

With a shake of my head, I throw a few bills down on the counter and walk out of the bar. I was way too drunk to drive so I pull out my phone and dial out my little brother's number. He answers on the first ring, "Where are you, Elio?"

Mumbling out the bar name, I sit on the sidewalk with my head in my hands. In the last few months, my life has slipped away from me. If I let Lina go, there's a chance she'll go to the cops. But if I keep her... She'll only hate me more.

I'm quiet on the ride home. Did I mean what I said to Elio? Or was I scared? I couldn't tell. My mind was in a haze of confusion.

He told me he couldn't bring himself to kill me, I'm not sure how it makes me feel. Elio makes me feel things I had never felt before.

When we pull into the parking lot, Giana says something to the twins that make them step out instantly. As I reach for the handle, Giana's voice cuts me off.

"Listen, I'm not sure what's going on between you and my brother, but can I just say one thing?" I nod my head, yes, waiting for her to finish.

"He has never acted this way with another. If you are afraid my brother is untrue with feelings, I can assure you he is not." I let her words digest.

"Giana, I was never meant for this life. I come from a small town and only want to live peacefully. I don't want the strings that come with your brother." I explain, dropping my gaze from her.

Giana sits back in her seat, letting out a sigh. "I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, you'd be a kick-ass sister-in-law. But, I understand." She places her hand on mine and gives me a small smile.

Walking into the house, we part ways. I needed to figure out how to get out of there. I should've made a run for it at the club, but I wanted to have some fun.

Stripping out of the dress and heels, I throw on an oversized shirt and fall into the warm bed. The pillows are fresh and cold, causing me to breathe out a sigh. My skin was warm from the hot night.

I hear my door creek open, causing me to shoot up from the bed. "Giana?" I whisper out. I hear a man groan, "Elio? What are you doing here?" He stumbles further into the room, landing on the space next to me.

My heart pounded in my chest as I watched him. "Why can't you love me?" He slurs out. I suck in a sharp breath, not knowing what to say. "You're my bambola. My doll." He sighs. A warm feeling blossoms in my chest.

Doll. That's what he'd been calling me this whole time. I smile when I hear his faint snores. It was hard not to fall head first for Elio. I so desperately wanted to lose myself in him, but I can't.

The next morning, I'm expected to be met with Elio's sleeping frame. Instead, the bed remained empty leaving just me. A feeling of disappointment settles in my stomach but I quickly shake it off as I stand to get dressed for the day.

I decide to keep it comfortable and throw on some shorts, leaving my night shirt on. I creep up to the door, wondering if it was unlocked. To my surprise, it clicks open. I peek my head out, looking down the halls.

When they turned up empty, I step out and walk towards the kitchen. My stomach rumbled with hunger. A few maids stood at the counter preparing breakfast while everyone sat outside.

They were gathered around the large table, talking and laughing. I felt a bit awkward and didn't know what to do. Walking towards the staff, I greet them. "Can I help at all?" I ask.

They exchange an unreadable glance as they nod their heads yes and hand me a knife. They place a chopping board and strawberries next to me. I get to work cutting off the stems and slicing them. We all worked in a comfortable silence.

It was weird, I know. But I have always been the help, never the rich family and I didn't plan on starting today. Plus I'm being held captive, I'm not going to just join them.

As I finish chopping, Elio walks in. His gaze lingers on me for a while before he approaches me. "Would you like to come join us for breakfast?" He asks.

If he remembered anything from last night, he sure didn't show it. "I don't want to intrude, I was just about to eat-," Elio cuts off my rambles by grabbing hold of my hand. "Nonsense, come eat." He leads me outside, everyone saying hello when they see me.

Elio tries to pull out a chair next to him, but I take a seat next to Giana. A flash of hurt crosses his features but is quickly masked. I drop my eyes, feeling a bit guilty.

I wasn't sure what to make of our relationship, it was so hot and cold. We all eat and talk, enjoying the oceanic views. When everyone is wrapping up, I go to stand.

Elio grabs my arm gently, "Can I talk to you for a moment?" He asks. His eyes watch my every move. Everyone else takes that as their cue to leave and quickly make their exit.

"About last night... Things got inappropriate and out of hand. It won't happen again." He says sternly. I break the intense eye contact, letting out a deep sigh. "Why am I here, Elio?" For a moment, he doesn't say anything.

"My boss wants me to kill you or sell you off to the highest bidder." His voice comes out cold. Tears prick my eyes hearing his words, sell me? As if I was an item, not a human.

"I'm not that kind of man, Lina. I don't come from their world, I was raised here." He lets out a deep sigh. "I can't let you go. It's not because you're a liability. It's because I can't keep you safe."

His words send shock waves through my body. He was trying to keep me safe? "You've been trying to keep me safe?" I whisper out. He nods his head, locking his gaze with mine.

Something washes over me, something unexplainable. This whole time I thought I was running from a monster. When he was protecting me from them. I lean in, my eyes heavy with desire.

Elio stops me, "Listen, Lina. Last night was a mistake, I should've never kissed you. I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression." My heart drops, my eyes widen and my face flushes with embarrassment. "I-I-I'm so sorry."

With a shake of my head, I stand and rush inside. Tears threatened to pour down my face but I manage to keep them at bay. Throwing the door open, I slam it behind me.

I'm such an idiot. He may think he's the only thing keeping me safe, but I was not spending my life stuck behind these walls. I needed to come up with an escape plan, fast.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

641K 21.3K 64
āI want to worship you like a queen. Every fucking day. And use you like my little slut. Every fucking night. Together, we can set the world on fire...
499K 13.1K 47
Evie was just a simple girl trying to make it through life without any unnecessary problems. And she didn't think co-signing on a loan for an old hig...
45.2K 4.9K 69
āœ­ š“š”šž š‡šØš®š¬šž šØšŸ š–ššš«š§šžš«-š‘š¢š„šžš² š’šžš«š¢šžš¬ āœ­ Once thought to be of the untouchable elite of the underworld the Warner-Riley family...
88.1K 7.8K 70
āœ­ š“š”šž š‡šØš®š¬šž šØšŸ š–ššš«š§šžš«-š‘š¢š„šžš² š’šžš«š¢šžš¬ āœ­ The saying 'it runs in the family' was never meant to include crime in the Warner-Ril...