Messing with the Middle

By _KingWolfie_

Sasuke is back and boy does he have a long list of issues that need to be solved. Itachi needs to be saved, M... More

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
First things First
To Itachi
Dealing With Isobu
Improvement
The Jinchuriki's
Jinchuriki Hunting
Happy accident
Hunting the Team
Meeting the Traitor
Preparing
The battle
Long awaited meeting
Off to Suna
The Sweet Lie
The bitter truth
Lapse of Anger
Close Call
One Promise Kept
One step closer
A cry for help
Battle of Konoha
Merry Christmas
What could've been?
The Calm
The Peace
The Storm
Wins, Ties and Loss
Hell hath no Fury
All wars end
A Day

Team 7 Reunited

1.7K 113 79
By _KingWolfie_

Itachi knew what he had to do.

When Sasuke lost himself, from the moment his brother disappeared in a flash, to the moment he saw a Scroll left on the ground, he knew something drastic was about to occur.

With his brother in no state to fight sain, and the rest of team 7 were doing their best against Madara, Itachi knew he would need to gather back up. When his brother filled his mind with information from what happened in his last life, Itachi noticed how the previous Hokage joined the battle.

Should, Sasuke lose because of his current state then perhaps bringing the Hokage back to life is the best way to go. Since Itachi doesn't know how to cast Edo Tensei he would need someone who could.

He picked up the scroll and opened it to reveal a certain curse mark.

Someone like Orochimaru... Now this would be interesting...

Bringing Orochimaru's soul out of the scroll wasn't as difficult as he thought. The snake was also shockingly cooperative. Itachi had just assumed he realised how dire the situation was, but alas it made Itachi trust the snake less.

He stood and watched with careful eyes as the four Hokage appeared before him and the snake sannin. One by one they all gained consciousness.

There was a moment of silence as the Hokage glanced around, as if to acknowledge they were alive again.

"What is this?" Hashirama muttered looking around.

"Sorry, before we go any further," Minato interrupted. He then turned and punched Hiruzen in the face knocking the old man to the floor. "I feel better," he muttered to himself a soft smile rested on his face.

"Minato?!" Hiruzen spoke in shock.

"When I entrusted my son to you, I had hoped you would make it so the village saw him as a hero." Minato spoke and while his smile never left his electric blue eyes glowed in anger. "Not a monster"

"As entertaining as this seems, we don't have time for this. Madara has returned and plans to cast the Infinite Tsukoyomi." Orochimaru cut in.

They really didn't have time for this, and Itachi wasnt about to be the one to get between the Hokage. In fact, said Uchiha was watching silently, as if to analyse them. To see if they were even worth bringing to the battlefield.

"How dire is the situation?" Tobirama asked. He wanted to get straight to the point.

"The ten tails is currently sealed inside my younger brother, but he has just lost his lover..." Itachi began.

"And thus, lost control of it. I see... And Madara?" Hashirama asked.

"Being held back by a large team of Ninja, though Sasuke, my brother, has likely arrived on the battlefield by now." Itachi continued.

"Hmph, so if that Uchiha doesn't have the ten tails already he will soon." Tobirama grunted.

"This is dire indeed," Hiruzen mumbled, he was rubbing his cheek.

"Do you know of Naruto's Location?" Minato asked. Reasonably concerned for his son and the holder of the nine tails.

"He is one of the Ninja fighting Madara," Itachi relayed.

"Then what are we waiting about for?" Tobirama said. "Let's go already."

Not wanting to waste anymore time, the Hokage headed off to the battlefield to join the fight.

*****

Coming back to life was an odd feeling. It was like drowning.... As opposite as that seemed. More specifically, like taking that first gasp of air after almost drowning.

At first you're suffocating, you can't breathe, and the more you struggle the harder it become. Then you give in, you accept that you're going to die, and are filled with this moment of peace before finally coming above water and taking in that huge gasp of air. That relief that you're alive.

It's hard to explain, but Sasuke was oddly attuned to ge feeling. He sat up and looked at he mass destruction of the land around him. There had been a dirty sheet over him that use to be white. On his left Hinata had sat up gracefully. She looked fairly peaceful for someone who had died twice not 2 months apart. Naruto however who was on his right jumped up like someone set fire to his ass.

Each of the them realised the massive boost in Chakra that flowed through them all. Hinata was the first to notice the faint, hardly visible Star tattoo on her left hand. Naruto had the sun and Sasuke had a cresent moon.

Clenching his first, Naruto let his newfound Chakra flow over him.

Sasuke and Hinata doing the same. Team 7 was back, and reformed. This time they would end it. The war, the death the destruction. All of it.

Naruto glowed yellow, he had 8 balls floating behined him and a black staff in hand that was circular at he top. His yellow jacket was open to reveal he black clothing beneath. And had a large black sun image on his back

Sasuke, was clothed similar, only his was a deep purple, much like his new rinneagn.  He had a large black moon on his back, and a black staff that was curved at the top like a moon.

Hinata oddly enough was dressed much like Hogoromo was only it was a deep blue. Her headband even had small horns coming off it to match. It had nine black tomoe curve from one shoulder to the other and a black star on the back. Her staff was smaller than the boys, but on one end was circular with a small cresent in the middle, and on the other end it was shaped more like a star. Her byakugan seemed different too. Less lavender and more of an odd mix between lavender and a milky blue with white flower patterns surrounding her pupils.

"Woah! Hina! You look awesome!" Naruto yelled.

BOOOM!!!

They looked over to a different area on the battlefield. They could see Isobu in Chakra form as he collided with the Madara, who was finally the ten tailed Jinchuriki.

It had seemed that Hinata's dojutsu had evolved much like Sasuke's because she could see everything clearer than ever. She had no idea what her eyes had evolved into but even she could tell they were powerful.

"Eh?... Is that Haku?" Naruto muttered.

Right, Haku. Naruto was the only one to remember Haku fighting along side him and Sasuke. Sasuke was out of it, Naruto would be shocked if he remembers anything at all.

"Let's go," Hinata said. Her eyes could see it all, the fight, Haku, Madara, she could see the flow of all 9 tailed beasts, and how they connect to make the ten tails. She could see Chakra in the world around them and could see how the fighting was effecting it.

But worst of all, she could see how Haku's and Isobu's Chakra was diminishing. She sped off, Sasuke and Naruto hot on her heels. A member of Team 7 was in danger, like hell they'd just watch.

*****

Haku was running out of time. Kakashi was down for the count having left Obito in the Kamui Dimension, he was low on Chakra too leaving him to deal with Madara. He was struggling, fighting the ten tailed Jinchuriki was hard. But he had made it this far.

Haku was meant to be dead. He was supposed to die years ago. When he first met Sasuke. When all he saw him as, was a crazy Uchiha with crazy goals. He got to watch Sasuke and Hinata fall for one another. He had witnessed just how far Sasuke would go for the Hyuga, and he watched how broken he'd be without her.

Haku had seen it all, the destruction of Orochimaru's plans and properties, he fall and rebirth of Konoha, Sasuke and Hinata finally admit their feelings.

In an odd way, Haku was happy. To die here, in this war, knowing that he'd be on his way to see his best friend whole again. Well, what more could he ask for.

Despite the Hokage on his side, despite the four powerful Ninja stepping in to save the day, despite watching Might Gai fight with everything he had to hopefully end this war. As Haku lay, running out of Chakra... Running out of time... Perhaps... He'd be happy in the after life.

"Not yet! D-don't give up just yet!" Isobu's voice echoed. Right... Isobu. He was also Haku's friend. And if Haku died, Isobu would go with him.

He couldn't allow that.

Haku steadily rose to his feet. He was tired. Oh so tired, but to hell with that. He wanted to live. He wanted to fall in love, have a family, grow old! He'd be damned if he died like this. How could he face Sasuke if he did? The Uchiha would never let him hear the end of it!

Gathering Natural Chakra, he used it to refil himself. It was long and hard, but the Hokage we're keeping Madara busy along with Itachi. They were holding him off.

"We can do this! We h-have to do this!" Isobu demanded. The two had become one. With his Chakra cloak up and running, with some newfound energy, Haku stood up straight before the God of Shinobi.

"For team 7," Haku muttered. For Hinata who died by betrayal, for Sasuke who died for his lover, for Naruto who died taking Haku's killing blow. He would fight, Isobu would fight, they would fight.

"We can't keep his stalemate forever," Tobirama said.

"There must be something?" Kakashi sighed.

"Anymore of this, and I don't think the kid is going to make it," Hashirama added glancing at Haku.

Haku shook his head. "Don't mind me, I don't plan to die here," he added with a light but empty Chuckle.

"You think I'd let you?" A voice cut through the tension like a knife. Haku's eyes widened and looked up to the ledge that overlooked he fight. There he saw that cocky smirk that he hated oh so much, "You think I'd let you rest in peace if you died here Haku?" He continued, his purple and red eyes glowing with mischief.

"Before his wedding too!? Come on Haku I thought you were better than that, believe it!"

"Did you really believe I wasn't going to see you in a bridesmaid dress before you died?"

"I don't remember agreeing to this?" A stern voice interrupted the two idiots.

Haku had tears in his eyes. His team... His friends... his family. They were alive. "How dare you, when you died first... Sasuke,"

Said Uchiha gave a smirk. Hinata gave a soft kind smile, while Naruto gave a large grin.

"Let's finish this, maybe then we can discuss you being a bridesmaid," Hinata added with a chuckle.

"Rasengan!"

"Chidori!"

"Twin Lions Fist!"

BOOOOOM!!

All three of their moves connected creating an explosion so loud and deathaning that Haku had to cover his ears.

Sasuke landed on Haku's left, Hinata on his right and Naruto on her right. Sasuke cracked his neck while Naruto slammed his fist into his hand. Kakashi stood behined them as he looked on proud of the four Ninja before him.

"Let's do this!" Naruto yelled.

"If any of you die, I'll bring you back and kill you myself!" Sasuke added.

"That is if you're not crying over Hinata again," Haku replied.

"Or if he dies himself," Hinata chuckled.

Team 7 were back. When the smoke cleared and revealed an untouched Madara, he glared at the four Ninja before him. They were becoming nuisances... But it didn't matter.

Madara eyed Kakashi, he knew Obito was still hiding in the Kamui dimension. If he wanted that other Rinneagn, he would need that Sharingan first.

Sasuke saw the Look in his eyes. He knew Madara was after that Rinneagn. He wouldn't be able to cast the Tsukoyomi without it. So he reacted first.

"Sorry Kakashi!" He shouted.

"What?" Before Kakashi could truly react Sasuke pulled out his Sharingan and held it in his hand. Crushing the Sharingan he glared at Madara who's eyes were filled with rage.

Hinata immediately jumped into action and began healing Kakashi, Naruto along side her. While she lessened the pain, Naruto manipulated his new Chakra and grew Kakashi a brand new eye.

"Oi Teme that was harsh!" Naruto yelled.

"Would rather that then Madara get it," he replied.

"A warning would suffice," Kakashi added with a deadpan.

"Ah yes, let me just go have a seat with Madara and discuss our battle plans over a nice cup of tea. I'm sure that won't backfire," Sasuke muttered to himself.

"Sasuke!" Hinata said sternly.

Sasuke immediately went quite, he refused to apologise, but he would at least shut up.

"Oh I can not wait for the wedding," Haku chuckled.

"Like hell you're invited," Sasuke replied.

Madara was burning with rage. "You've merely delayed the inevitable." He spoke up drawing their attention. "If I cannot take his Rinneagn," he started as he pointed to Sasuke, "then I will simply take yours,"

"Over my dead body!" Naruto shouts.

Madara gave a cruel grin as he cracked his neck in preparation. "That... Can be arranged,"

______________________________________

Ok, my god did this chapter take longer than I thought.

I don't even know why, I re-read it about 10 times and things just felt ... Off???

Let me know if it was the same for you guys.

Whatever.

Hope you enjoyed, only a few more chapters to go! Let's hope they don't take nearly as long.

Ja ne!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 3.7K 31
Guess What. Reader-chan will get to be Naruto son. If your a girl then your a boy in this book. And it will be in the Boruto timeline. Following char...
268K 8.3K 59
Highest ranking: #2 in hyuga "Its a girl. Wait another one's coming. Congratulations Hiashi, you have twins." Its my first book. So it's obviously ba...
467K 19.5K 55
Kendensetsu Mizuken is the last survivor of her clan and has recently run away from her old master, Orochimaru. Even with her terrible past she is le...
17K 279 17
This story Naruto uzumaki finds out the most horrible truth about his wife and friend on team7 aka sakura Haruno when he does find out he realizes ho...