The Lycan's Mark

By Kayy_B

Leanne (Leah) Rose Ashford loves life. She's young, free and has everything she has ever wanted. What could p... More

The Lycan's Mark **(Coming Soon)**
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Update: Please read
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three

Chapter Fifty One

2.8K 175 24
By Kayy_B

Chapter Fifty-One

I couldn't believe my eyes, I didn't want to. What I was seeing wasn't real, my vision was just discombobulated from the light. I was seeing things, I had to be.

On the cold, tiled kitchen floor, both my parents laid on the ground. My mum was slightly faced down, her hair covering both the floor and her face making it impossible to see what was wrong. My dad on the other hand was slumped against the bottom kitchen cabinet, his face unlike my mum's was in my line of vision.

I could see every inch of his face clearly and I wished I hadn't.

My body froze, it was unwilling to move even though my brain was screaming at it to do something, anything.

Move Leah! Do something!

Though my body was frozen, my mind was not. Thoughts began to accelerate inside my head causing everything to hurt. I needed them to slow down so I could breathe and process what I was seeing. My breaths came out in strangled gasps and my vision began to blur.

A strangled, choking noise pulled me out of trance and it took me a few seconds to realise that the sound came from me.

"Mum? Dad?" I managed to whisper out.

Mum was further away from me and it looked like she had simply fallen asleep on the floor except that her hair, her beautiful hair was coated in something dark making it looked dirty and clumped together. I couldn't see her face but I could see my dad's.

His face was swollen, red liquid smeared across his forehead and his lips were busted. He didn't look asleep like my mum did, he didn't look like he was moving.

All around them was the same red liquid that looked like some sort of sauce and it was everywhere except it wasn't sauce, it was blood.

Blood.

My parents were covered in blood.

"Oh my god!" I ran over to them, slipping on the blood that was on the floor. I landed on the ground with a loud thud causing pain to spasm through my body.

Ignoring the pain, I crawled over to my dad and began shaking him. "Dad! Dad!" I began to shout. "Please wake up dad!"

He didn't respond instead his body slumped over and he fell to the ground causing me to let out a shriek.

"I'm so sorry! Oh god! Please dad, wake up!" With one hand still shaking his shoulder, I used my other one to reach over to my mum. "Mum? Mum!"

Neither of them were responding, they didn't make a sound or even flinch.

"No, no, no, no!"

Why weren't they responding?

Scrambling away from them I grabbed my phone that I had dropped earlier with both hands, swearing out in frustration when it slipped from my bloody hands. With trembling hands, I called 999.

The call was answered promptly and within a couple of seconds. "Hello, emergency service operator. Which service do you require? Fire, police or ambulance?"

"Ambulance." I choked out as I stared back at my parent's lifeless bodies.

The call was connected to the ambulance services and a woman began to speak. "Ambulance service, what's the address of the emergency?"

I sprouted off my parent's address, repeating it twice for the woman on the other end of the line. As I did, I crawled back to my parents and grabbed both their hands, leaving the phone in between us on the floor with the speakerphone on.

"Are you calling about yourself or someone else?"

"Someone else." I cried out. "It's my parents, they're covered in blood and they're not responding!"

"Can you tell me what's happened?" The woman's voice was calm, opposite of mine.

"I don't know! I came over and they were in the kitchen on the floor. Is the ambulance coming? How long will it take?"

"The ambulance is being organised right now, but I just need to ask you a few more questions this won't delay the ambulance reaching you. Okay?"

I nodded even though she couldn't see me. "Okay. Please hurry."

"We will. What's your name?"

"Leah, my name is Leah."

"Okay Leah, can you call out to your parents?"

Frustration ran though my body. "I have, they're not responding. I told you this already."

"Leah can you check if your parents are breathing?"

My whole body was trembling as I leaned in close to my dad first, I put my hand over his mouth and tried to gauge whether or not I could feel his breath. "I don't know, I can't tell!"

Please be breathing!

"We'll start with your dad, can you see if his chest rising up and down?"

"Yes!" I gasped out in relief. "He's breathing!"

"What about your mum?"

With muffled sobs, I turned my mum over so she was laying flat on her back. A whimper left my mouth when I saw her bruised and bloodied face.

"Yes, she's breathing too." I sobbed out as I stroked my mum's hair.

"The ambulance is on it's way to you now Leah. Can you see where the wound or wounds are on your parents? Where are they bleeding from?"

It looked like it was coming from everywhere, there was so much blood, too much blood.

Suddenly my dad moved and a groan escaped his lips.

"Dad! Dad!" I looked down at the phone. "My dad is awake I think, he just moved!"

The woman on the phone was saying something else but she sounded so far away as if my phone was on the other side of the room instead of inches away from me.

"Dad, it's going to be okay. The ambulance is coming, they're going to help you and mum." I reassured him as I clutched his hands. "Dad can you hear me?"

His eyes fluttered slightly before opening slightly, his bloodshot eyes were unfocused. He let out another groan before blinking a few times.

"Dad, can you hear me?" I questioned him again, this time more frantically.

His swollen eyes found my teary ones and he let out a gasp. "Leah."

"Yeah dad, it's me. You're going to be okay, I promise." I whispered as tears streamed down my face.

His eyes moved away from mine and looking above me before closing again slightly. "Leah."

"I'm here dad, I'm here."

With great difficulty he opened his eyes again and pain flittered over his face. "Leah." He said again, the one word was filled with anguish and I could see how difficult it was for him to speak.

He mumbled something else but I couldn't quite catch what he was saying.

"What did you say dad?" I leaned in closer so I could hear him better.

His breathing began to become more laboured and panic began to fill his swollen eyes and face. "Behind you."

"What?" I whispered out as my own breathing became laboured.

"There's someone behind you."

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter 

How many of you guessed correctly about Leah's parents?

What do you think happened? Who attacked her parents and why? Who's behind her? 

Let me know what you think is going to happen next

The story is coming to an end, there's 70 chapters in total so not long left! 

To read the full story please go to www.patreon.com/kayy_b or my subscription page on www.inkitt.com/kayy_b

Thank you for reading :) 

-Kayy xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 7K 17
A Lycan can not shift forms while pregnant. The danger in doing so is too high. Emma is locked in a cell. Her mate is dead. Her captors want her pup...
26.9M 314K 20
**THIS IS A SAMPLE, PLEASE DO NOT READ IT IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET TRIGGERED BY THE FACT THAT IT IS A SAMPLE. THE FULL BOOK IS AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON...
5.1K 161 39
*Now rated Mature because of final chapter* In a world where shifters live on reservations and cater to the human's whims, there are also advantages...
163 23 18
When a wolf loses a mate by death their own death is near. Or that's what Marilyn was told growing up. If it was true she should have died two years...