Elara

By 4stridesmore

" They're words. They mean whatever you interpret." Elara Valenti, a seventeen year old girl just trying to g... More

Characters
Tattoos
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
A/N
Chapter 13

Chapter 12

776 26 6
By 4stridesmore

It's been a few days. A few agonizing days my brothers forced me to rest. I have to admit, I have been in some pain, but I hate sitting around while the world happened around me.

Now, it is currently almost the weekend. Friday afternoon to be exact. I asked if Noah could come over because it's not my house so I wouldn't bring someone over without asking, but they said no which pissed me off.

I was scrolling on my phone until I got bored and attempted getting up. The pain had subsided quite a bit but right now it flared up a bit, so I need to get pain killers.

My brothers and dad- wait. I don't even know what I consider them. I mean, it's easier to just call them my brothers and dad so that's what we'll go with. Even though I don't trust them that much yet.

Anyway, my brothers and dad said to call them if I needed help or to get pain killers but I was done lying in bed, so I have decided to get it myself. I am in desperate need of a fight or a mission but just haven't found the time for it yet.

Slowly making my way to the door, careful not to bust a stitch under the wraps of the bandages and careful not to hurt my bruised ribs, I opened the door. The bruising on my ribs has gone down a bit which I'm thankful for.

I opened then closed my door, walking out of my room. I don't even know if anyone is home right now. I think Giovanni, Lorenzo and Santino went to 'work'. By work I mean the mafia shit.

I quietly and slowly walked down the stairs until I reach the bottom and walked to the kitchen. I opened the kitchen door and inside sat my three youngest older brothers, Camillo, Alessandro and Fynn much to my dismay.

"Elara!" Alessandro said who was facing me. Camillo's back was towards me in his stool, but he swiveled around once Alessandro announced my presence.

And, surpriser, Fynn just grumbled and walked past me, dodging my shoulder. Camillo got up and walked over towards me, attempting to put and arm out for me but I just side stepped. He dropped his arm against his side.

"What are you doing up? You should've just called one of us," Alessandro said.

"I'm fine," I grumbled with my dry throat, making my way over to the cabinet.

"You were stabbed, E, take it easy. And don't act like you're fine," Camillo said, concern in his eyes as I reached for a glass in the cabinet.

My head snapped to his direction. "Don't call me that," I said. E was what Amina used to call me before she died. Camillo looked at me confused before he just nodded and put his hands in his jean pockets.

I turned back around and walked to the fridge where I filled up a cup of cold water and then turned to grab pain killers. Alessandro had already grabbed them though and he was standing right next to me which surprised me a little because I didn't hear him.

These pain killers are really messing with my senses and it's bad.

I just nodded stiffly at him before taking the two tabs and popping them in my mouth. I then took a gulp of water and swallowed down the drug.

I set down the water as I leaned on the side of the counter. Not long after, I heard the door open and multiple footsteps walk in. I raised a brow at Alessandro.

"Oh shit! Totally forgot to tell you that our friends are coming over. You don't mind, right?" he asked.

I just shook my head and was about to walk out of the door when it was blocked by a large body who then took notice of me and jumped to the side. It was Lewis. "Sorry!" he said, putting his hands on my shoulders but I immediately flinched away and took a step backwards.

Shit shit shit. God, why did you do that idiot?

Lewis gave me a puzzled look. "Are you okay?" he asked, his gaze darting from my face to the bandage that peaked out from under my long sleeve gray shirt that was paired with black w. "We heard what happened."

The faces of Caden, Adaire, Ethan, Lev and lastly Fynn popped near the doorway. I cleared my throat and stepped to the side to let them pass into the kitchen.

Lev's eyes flickered to mine for a split second and Fynn didn't even cast me a glance. I began to walk away but Alessandro's voice stopped me as Camillo walked past me with a small smile. "Elara, wait! Do you want to watch a movie with all of us?" he asked.

My heart picked up pace a bit. I was about to deny but when I saw all their waiting and hopeful faces, I caved. It won't be bad, right?

"Um...Sure, I guess," I said with a tight-lipped smile. Lewis smiled back at me and Alessandro threw his arm over his shoulders.

"Let's go," he said, tipping his head to the hallway past me. They all walked out and I followed behind.

Lev fell behind by me at the back of the group. Fynn pushed past us, bumping my shoulder. I winced a bit at the pain in my abdomen. I didn't know if it was the bruised ribs, stab wound or both that responded to the little jolt. The damn pain killers better kick in soon.

Lev put his hands on my forearms to stabilize me as I stumbled but I quickly shrugged him off. I didn't even know why he was back here by me but the walk down the long hall to the movie room was silent. I could sense he had something to say.

"If you want to say something, say it," I said, not sparing him a glance.

Lev rubbed the back of his neck. "So, you got stabbed, huh?" he said, looking over at me.

I nodded.

Lev nodded slowly back and the rest was silent until we made it to the movie room. It was basically a mini movie theater with steps, the large screen and dark red couch seats sitting up the different step levels.

Everybody began picking their seats and I managed to get one without any of them at the top of the little theater.

A movie began to play and it read 'Top Gun: Maverick' on it. I've never seen it but then again, I've never had the privilege to watch movies up until like a week ago.

I watched it but the pain killers began to take action and was making my body begin to shut down.

Damnit, I must have taken the ones to make you sleep.

I fought the urge to let the darkness consume me with a hand laid across my stomach and the other knowing where the daggers were sheathed.

I closed my eyes just for a few seconds but before I knew it, I slipped into the darkness.

The movie finished and I was feeling a bit tired, but not to the point where I was burnt out. I think we all might hit the gym then play some video games. I've never been that interested in video games but it's amusing watching them get all mad at each other.

Caden got up and yawned very dramatically. "Dude, shut up," Adaire said.

"What? I didn't do anything!" Caden protested. Adaire rolled his eyes. The only person I didn't see get up was Elara.

Alessandro walked over to her and we all saw that she was sleeping. But even in her sleep, her brow was furrowed and her perfect lips were etched into a small frown. Her shirt rose up a little and I saw the wrap around her stomach. The white was slightly bloodied.

The door to the movie room then opened and our heads snapped up. I was prepared to grab my gun tucked under my sweatshirt and in my waistband. But it was only Giovanni. We rarely see him. He's always caught up doing work for the mafia.

His gaze flickered from us to Elara who was sleeping. "Just making sure everyone was fine here," his cold voice said as he walked over to Elara. "You guys go, I'll get her."

We all nodded and began to file out of the movie theater. I cast one last look at Elara and her sleeping figure. Something about her seemed off by the way she subtly flinches away and the look of her troubled expression while she slept.

I don't know what's going on with her, but I plan on unraveling all her secrets.

A/N

Sorry for the break! I had some writers block then was away for some days. Anyway, hope you enjoyed!

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 1K 53
Disclaimer: Any edit used in this book is mine. The pictures, however, have been taken from Pinterest and does not belong to me. Credit for the book...
47.5K 837 36
"izzy!" summer screamed in my ear as I smile at the chaos we have caused "hm?" i hummed in reply turning to her panicked face "it's the-" she starts...
81.8K 2K 35
Isabella Ekaterina is the only daughter of the two most powerful mafia families in the world: the Di Luca Italian mafia and the Vasiliev Russian mafi...
213K 4.1K 44
"My wings are broken. My halos cracked. The angels long dead. I'm a lost soul waiting to die out" (Loving Athena) After the abrupt and unexpected kid...