Sunlight | Baek Dohwa x Reader

By euhoerev

"His hair looks golden in the sunlight." OTL/PLO A FEM! READER X DOHWA STORY you reincarnate into your favou... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX

XXIV

4K 186 67
By euhoerev

school finished hours ago and you had no idea how you managed to end up in an arcade, but you knew it was your time to shine.

earlier, the four of you—you, eunhyuk, su-ae, and dohwa—were sitting on a bench outside of school when dohwa had mentioned something about covering rumours with other rumours. to be honest, this chapter in the webtoon excited you but not as much as the chapters that came after it (a/n: 🤭).

but anyways, you ended up at the arcade and you're planning to make the most of it.

you spot the familiar black haired boy at a claw machine. he looked so concentrated that you almost didn't want to interrupt him. keyword: almost.

you walk your way over to him to see what he was so intensely staring at. but as you get there, you hear the claw machine ding, sounding as if it was disappointed in him.

"what are you trying to get?" you ask him as he puts some coins in the coin slot.

"the bunny." he looks at you for a split second before putting his focus back into guiding the claw.

he uses the control to move it to the right and then ever so slightly forward before slamming the button for the claw to go down.

spoiler alert: the claw didn't pick up the bunny.

"you suck," you laugh at him.

he glares at you while folding his arms, "do you wanna try?"

"step aside, you absolute loser," you grin, "let the pro work her magic."

"hey!" he acts offended that you called him a loser. but what can you say? it's only the truth.

you bend down to slide some coins into the coin slot, before standing back up and placing your dominant hand on the controller, and your other hand on the button. you were determined to prove eunhyuk wrong.

the bunny is right in the center so you move the controller backwards and slightly to the right. you hoped with all your might that the claw was in the right position as you pressed the button. the claw slowly and painfully moved down, it struggled to pick up the bunny's big head but had managed to latch on to one of the ears!

it carried the bunny back by a thread and dropped it into the open area.

with a proud look on your face, you turn to look at eunhyuk who looked defeated. dohwa's laugh boomed from behind you, startling you. 'how long has he been standing there?'

"she wins, you lose." dohwa states as he lazily rests his arms on top of your shoulders. you turn to look up at him with a big grin, and he faces you with the same grin. you couldn't believe he was your boyfriend now. he went from your favourite character to your favourite boyfriend. wait that sounds wrong-

you look back at eunhyuk who's expression quickly turned to one of joy as he bent down to take the bunny. he stood up and held the bunny in the air as if it was his simba.

you spent a few seconds laughing at the sight, feeling dohwa lift his arms off your shoulder to take a few pictures of eunhyuk. it made you smile to see the two of them getting along better than ever. but then, you notice su-ae beating up some poor arcade game. so you rush over to her without saying a word to the two boys.

"su-ae! what are you playing?" you lean on the game that's beside the one she's at.

"some strength game. you have to hit the button as hard as you can to win tickets." she groaned before taking another bill out of her pocket and sliding it into the cash slot.

it was a funny sight to see su-ae jumping to try to hit the button harder. but her strength was no joke.

after a few minutes of watching su-ae beat the button up, you felt a presence beside you.

standing there was your boyfriend, dohwa, holding something behind his back.

"hi," he whispered with a smile on his face, "i got you something."

he pulls out a little hello kitty keychain that he must've gotten from a claw machine. it was the cutest thing you've ever seen, or maybe you were only saying that because it was the first gift dohwa got you as your boyfriend.

you looked around, thankfully the arcade was empty—besides su-ae and eunhyuk, but they're used to you and dohwa. realizing no one was there, you slid your arms around dohwa's neck to hug him. he immediately leaned down into the hug, resting his head in the crook of your neck and wrapping his arms around your waist to slightly lift you off the ground.

"thank you. i love it." you spoke softly into his ear that was pink at the tips.

you could feel his smile against your neck which made your smile grow.

after what felt like not long enough, you let go of him which makes him let go of you—but not without a pout on his face.

"c'mon guys, let's go to the cafe across the street!" su-ae practically runs over to the exit, with eunhyuk closely following behind her like a lovesick fool.

you look up to dohwa, a wide grin appearing on your face, before you start running over to the exit too.

"ah...!" dohwa was taken aback by your actions but quickly started jogging after you.

——

after the arcade, you guys went to the cafe across the street. it was initially supposed to be a 'catching up on missing assignments' study session, but after only finishing a page of work you three gave up and just ended up heading back to your place—it was more convenient. eunhyuk left a bit before you guys, without any reason. you didn't ask, though, because you already knew he was about to give minu a beat down.

"okay make yourselves at home, guys." you slip your feet into your slippers while you throw your heavy backpack on the floor—the  newly attached hello kitty keychain jingling against the zipper.

your mom and dad were nurses which meant they had very busy schedules, some night shifts here and there. as for ha-na, she lives at your grandma's place since it's closer to her art school, as previously mentioned.

dohwa and su-ae, although both having been at your place before, were reluctant to enter it.

you lead the two to your four seater kitchen table.

ten minutes pass and you and su-ae are sitting opposite of each other. her stomach growled a bit ago so dohwa convinced you that he was a killer ramen maker (whatever that means). you decided that he might as well try to make one of the ramen packages you had in you cupboard.

you felt your phone dinging, in your pocket, from the multiple facebook—which you didn't even know you had?!—notifications. some were from random people following you and others were mentions from dohwa and eunhyuk.

a pot gets placed near the edge of the table, waking you up from your thoughts. the ramen was done, and it looked amazing. however, a flashback of you reading this chapter in your previous live flashes through your mind.

su-ae burning herself from spilling the ramen.

you scoot the pot to the middle of the table; crisis averted. satisfied that it was that easy, you leave it at that.

"woah, it looks so delicious...thank you for the meal!" su-ae beams. you agree with her and share your thanks with dohwa.

"i'll get some water," you stand up as dohwa sits down.

you walk over to the fridge, grab the handle, and open it. the cold air, radiating from it, hits your face. it felt refreshing but you didn't want to waste the cold air so you grab the jug that contained cold water—closing the fridge with your foot—and carry it to the counter to pour 3 glasses of water.

"dohwa can you pass my chopsticks they fell on your side." su-ae awkwardly asks the boy to do her a favour.

'her chopsticks fell? well...nothing can go wrong i already moved the pot to the middle of the table.'

"oh, yeah," he responds as the chair screeches against the wooden floor.

out of the corner of your eye you catch su-ae leaning over the table to grab something from dohwa. the three glasses in your arms slow you down, making you unable to stop her on time. su-ae disturbs the pot, accidentally hitting the handle too hard with her hand.

it falls over onto the boy in front of her.

oh shit.

'i spoke too soon...'

a little grunt escapes dohwa's mouth.

the bottom of his shirt was drenched in ramen. you could see the outline of his abdomen as the thin material stuck to him.

thankfully, he laid his white uniform shirt on the chair so he was only wearing a dark grey t-shirt. it wasn't badly stained, but it was definitely wet and uncomfortable now; not to mention HOT!

"oh my goodness..." you place the three water filled glasses on the dry part of the table.

this was a mess.

and to think the 'you in the past' figured that moving the pot a few centimeters over would change fate...yeah right. you, out of everyone, should already know this. although dohwa was now somehow an exception to fate...

"im so sorry, dohwa!" she waves her hands around in a panic, "i'll clean this up i promise, y/n."

you sigh, "it's okay su-ae, just go treat this." you gently pick up her forearm. there was a huge red oval mark along her wrist. "do you have ointment at home? or do you need some of mine?"

"um...i have some at home...then, i'll be back!" she sprints to your door, slips on her shoes, then leaves in a hurry.

you sigh.

"okay let's treat this." you wrap each of your hands around dohwa's wrists to help him stand on his feet. "what am i gonna do with you? always managing to get hurt."

he lets out a breathy laugh, clearly in pain but trying to force out a laugh for you, "you might need to become my personal doctor."

the corners of your lips tug up, "follow me, my special patient."

you guide dohwa to the counter that was literally a meter away. he leans his weight on it, shifting uncomfortably in pain, while you take out an ice pack from the freezer and wrap it in a thin cloth.

"um...you're gonna have to take your shirt off." you avoid eye contact.

"oh...right," you look up at him to see him also avoiding eye contact while pink dusts his cheeks.

he grabs the hem of his shirt and hesitantly lifts it up to smoothly take it off.

HIS ABS. how was it possible for them to be so perfect? even the burn scar couldn't ruin them.

"do you mind wearing one of my hoodies?" you gain the courage to look him in the eyes. you have no idea why you're so flustered when he's literally your boyfriend but it is your first time seeing his abs. it's your first time knowing he even has abs.

"no," his flustered appearance disappears as his usual grin replaces it.

you nod as you slowly move the ice pack to rest on the red mark sitting on his mid abdomen.

he sharply inhales.

"hold this," you refer to the ice pack, you need him to hold it so you can search for ointment in one of your cabinets.

he takes on the job of being the ice pack holder while you find the ointment. once it's in your hand, you squeeze some of it onto your finger.

you gently go to place your finger, that's covered in ointment, on his burn as he moves the ice pack out of the way.

"does it hurt a lot?" you whisper.

"not at all-" he stops a groan, "fuck."

"not at all, huh?" you laugh at his dishonesty but inside you were screaming. he breathes out, what seems to be, a laugh.

you spread a bit more ointment on his injury before taking your hand off and closing the lid on the squeeze bottle.

"okay, just apply some ointment everyday and you'll be fine."

"why can't you do it for me, doc?" he questions, grinning.

"well...i could." you hesitate, "but i wont, you big baby. okay, we're all done here."

you turn away from him to go to wash the ointment off your finger at your kitchen sink.

"...are you forgetting something?" he chuckles.

you slowly turn your head to look at him again. what did you forget?

oh.

you had gotten used to dohwa's bare chest that you hoped he'd stay like that for longer.

"right. a sweater." you reply, a little dazed.

su-ae opens the door, prepared for anything but a shirtless dohwa. the panic can be seen not only in her eyes, but her body language too. it's like she presses the rewind button when she immediately slips the shoes, that she had just taken off, on.

"uh...i just remembered i forgot the cleaning supplies!" she dashes out through the door she had just come through.

"oh..." you and dohwa simultaneously respond at su-ae's incredible timing.

anyways, you wash the ointment off of your fingers, then you go to your room to search for a big enough hoodie for dohwa's big and tall frame. he closely follows behind you, not really knowing what else to do.

.

the only hoodie big enough for him was a hello kitty one—it was so ironic since dohwa had won you a hello kitty keychain earlier. you had gotten it two sizes bigger than your usual size because you wanted an extra oversized sweater. who knew it'd end up being put to good use.

soon after, su-ae returned bright and ready. cleaning supplies in her gloved hands. it was unfortunate that the ramen in the pot went to waste but you guys still had some left in your bowls so you made sure to show gratitude by finishing them. the clean up was a long and hard process but with teamwork, the three of you managed to finish just in time for the late bus back to dohwa's apartment. it would've been fine if he missed it and stayed at your home overnight though...

you wave off the tall blonde who was wearing a hello kitty sweater. a smile flashes on your face.

A/N: GUYS. THE NEXT CHAPTER. GUYS OMG.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 6.5K 78
️️⭐️2nd Place in Haikyuu Watty Awards 2015 Kenma Kozume Category⭐️ An eccentric girl and a quiet gamer, two inexperienced people in love meet each ot...
982K 34.9K 87
There would be spoilers from manga⚠️ "Would you like to come home with me and anya?" "I love you mom and dad" "I think I have a crush on him" "Thanky...
161K 6.5K 36
❝ 𝙃𝙊𝙒 𝙎𝙄𝘾𝙆𝙀𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙎 𝙁𝙀𝙀𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝘾𝘼𝙇𝙇𝙀𝘿 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 ❞ :;;:Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ*:.*:..*:...。☹o ➵月島 蛍 tsukishima kei ♥*♡∞・゜゜・ ...
39.4K 1.5K 15
࿎࿎࿎ 𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜? ࿎࿎࿎ An awakening calls for new opportunities, a chance to forget...to heal. A hope to make things right, to kee...