The Second Daughter

By _Crystal_Plays_

Hadley Hearts, a girl raised on the Isle of the Lost and the daughter of the Queen of Hearts, must learn how... More

Act One
Cast List
The Curse
The Royal Proclamation
Welcome to Auradon
The Museum
First Day of School
The Love Spell
The Date
The Plan
Family Day
The Coronation
Maleficent
Set It Off
Act Two
Cast List
The Enchanted Forest
Lady of the Lake
The Doctor
Tallahassee
Into the Deep
Queen of Hearts
The Cricket Game
The Outsider
In The Name of The Brother
Manhattan
The Queen is Dead
The Miller's Daughter
Welcome to Storybrooke
Selfless, Brave and True
Lacey
The Evil Queen
Second Star to the Right
And Straight On 'Till Morning
The Heart of the Truest Believer
Lost Girls
Quite A Common Fairy
Nasty Habits
Good Form
Ariel
Dark Hollow
Think Lovely Thoughts
Save Henry
The New Neverland
Going Home
Act 2
Cast List
The Truth Revealed
Mal Goes Missing
Home Freak Home
Old Friends
A Partnership?

Getting Into The Swing of Things

157 4 0
By _Crystal_Plays_

If you told me two years ago that I would be standing in front of a bunch of cameras, dodging questions on ridiculous topics like some sort of princess, I would have probably thrown a bowl of Slop Shop Sunday Special in your face. But here I was, smiling at the press as they bombarded me with questions. It's been almost four months since our return to the Enchanted Forest, and subsequently, mine, Ben and our friends' return to Auradon. Our arrival back to the Kingdom was met with tearful hugs from Ben's parents and rousing joyful cheers from our friends. I miss my sister and nephew dearly, but I had my friends from Auradon, my parents, and even Regina, who's been helping me with my magic. Within the time we've been back, Ben and I have been trying to secure Peace Declarations from each of the Kingdoms in the Enchanted Forest so our Realm would feel safe. We managed to get each of them quickly, but it was the process of responding was taking a while. We were almost done, the final one that we had to reply to was my parent's kingdom, they were patient, and we were hosting a ball for all of the Kingdoms we promised Peace to, to celebrate our union. Now, let's get to the events of that week.

"Princess Hadley!" One of the reporters called, their cameras flashing in my face. "Princess Hadley! Please, over here, Princess Hadley!"

"Only three days 'till the Union Ball!" A reporter said. I waved at all the cameras in my face, smiling. Last press junket of the day. I reminded myself. After this, it's just a dress fitting and you're done.

"Ever think a girl like you would be a long-lost Princess?" One reporter questioned.

"How does it feel to be the most envied girl in Auradon?" Another asked.

"Well, do you like all the attention?"

"Do you know where your mother is?"

"Please, Please, slow down." I asked, lifting my hands to try and calm them down. They settled. "One at a time, and I will get to all of you. Yes, the Union Ball is happening in three days, it will be a momentous occasion for both Auradon and my home realm, the Enchanted Forest. We hope that these Peace Declarations will last for generations to come. Growing up on the Isle, I never thought I'd be here. I don't want to be envied, I haven't earned my place in Auradon yet, but I hope that I will do so eventually. The attention is something new, for sure. And in regards to the Queen of Hearts, she has unfortunately passed away, so there is no need to worry about her return." Ben then pushed his way through the crowd to stand next to me.

"That is enough questions for today." He said, wrapping his arm around my waist. I leaned into his side, placing my hand on his chest.

"Did you think you would ever be with a Villian Kid?" Ben laughed and leaned towards the microphone.

"Were done here." The reporters started going wild again. Fairy Godmother appeared and stepped forward as we moved back. Ben and I turned to each other, pressing our foreheads together I centred myself.

"Ok, shush, shush, shush, shush." Fairy Godmother said, quieting down the noise, "This is still a school so if you're here, your either skipping class or trespassing." All the reporters started to talk all at once, "Shhh. Shhh." With those words, each reporter went quiet and looked down in shame. Fairy Godmother then gestured for them to leave, and they did.

"Thank you, guys." Ben said.

"Thank you." I echoed.

"Thank you, thank you." Fairy Godmother trailed off. "Hadley, Ben." Fairy Godmother walked off,

"Fairy Godmother." Ben and I choroused as we watched her go. Ben turned to look at me. I looked up into his eyes.

"Don't pay any attention to them." Ben told me. I laughed lightly.

"I can handle the press." I said to him.

"You definitely can. So, what else is on the schedule?"

"I've got a dress fitting with Evie." I sighed. "I love the girl, I do, but her dress fittings always leave me out of breath, and then I've got a meeting with Jane to fix up the ballroom for the Union Ball."

"Well, we've got some free time tomorrow afternoon, why don't we have a date."

"Yeah, of course."

"And we can-" Ben checked his watch. "I have a council meeting. I'm so late!"

"You should go." I suggested. "I don't want to be the one to get you in trouble with the Council." I pushed myself up onto my toes to try and kiss him, but a hand encircled my wrist and yanked me away from Ben. I turned my head and saw Evie glaring at me slightly.

"If we do not do a fitting for your gown right this minute, you'll be dancing in your bathrobe and I don't want to be on the receiving end of one of your mother's arrows." Evie stated. "Hi." Evie said to Ben before she turned to me, "Let's go, let's go." Evie dragged me away from Ben towards our dorm.

"Bye Ben!" I said before he was out of sight.

"Bye." He replied.

Evie soon had me standing on a podium as she made adjustments to my dress with the TV playing in the background. The dress was a sleeveless, navy blue dress with gold embroidery over the chest and a layered skirt. The hem of the skirt started at my left knee, and then went diagonal to the floor. The hem was trimmed with gold. Evie walked behind me, pulled my shoulders back, and tightened something so tight that I let out a choked breath. "Evie!" I wheezed. "I can't breathe!" Evie lifted my arm.

"Well, you can breathe after the Union Ball." Evie stated.

"Not really. I've got my Coronation to plan for the month after next."

"Impeccable."

"Hey E?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you ever miss the Isle?"

"What?"

"I don't mean the Isle itself, that place was the worst place ever, but the people, you know? Like Dizzy...and Uma."

"Hads..." Evie walked around so she was in front of me. "Uma was...Uma was cruel to you."

"And Mal banished us to the other end of the Isle when we were six, shoved us in a closet full of bear traps ten years later and tried to force us under her mother's Sceptre's curse." I stated. "She hasn't apologised for it still."

"But-"

"Evie." I cut her off. "She's more concerned about her own image than she is about us. Ever since we got back to Auradon, she's been parading around claiming it was her who took Maleficent down. It was all of us, together. But she's the one in the spotlight for it."

"I didn't think you'd want to be in the spotlight any more than you already are?" Evie questioned.

"I don't, but we deserve at least some credit, we were there too." Evie was silent. "You know I'm right, E." There was a musical cue and Evie and I turned to the TV which showed a picture of Ben and I eating alongside Auradon's Aladin and Jasmine. Evie offered her hand to me, and I gripped it tight as I stepped off the podium. I sat on the end of my bed, watching the broadcast.

"As the royal couple continues their tour of Auradon, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine." I saw my eyes widen at the heat of the food, but I managed to swallow it and put on a smile. Thank you Mum for the Princess cram lessons. "Almost a year ago, no one thought King Ben and his girlfriend from the wrong side of the bridge would last." I scoffed. "Princess Hadley must be counting the days until the Union Ball where Auradon and the Enchanted Forest will be united as allies." I smiled, we were doing it!

"Hey, Hads, is this your draw?" Evie asked. I looked over at her to see her struggling to open up one of the drawers in the dresser.

"No." I stood and walked over to her, lifting the skirt so I didn't rip the seams. Evie was jiggling the handle but the draw wouldn't give. "I got it." Evie let go of the handle and I waved my hand over the lock, causing it to glow red for a second before a click was heard. I opened the draw, only to find Mal's Spell Book.

"I thought she gave this to Fairy Godmother." Evie muttered. "I gave my Mirror to her. Look, there are tabs." Evie picked up the book and flipped open to the pages. "Speed Reading Spell." Evie read. "Blonde Hair Spell...Mal still has the Love Spell bookmarked. See here?" Evie pointed to a scribble in the corner. For Ben, just in case. I glared at the page, before grabbing the book out of Evie's hand, putting it back in the draw and slamming it shut. I waved my hand and the draw locked itself again. "What was that for?"

"We can't let her know that we know." I said. "Who knows what she'll do."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 455 24
𝐄𝐕𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐀 ︱❝ We both had hard lives Emma. But those hard lives taught us that pain only makes us stronger. ❞ Imagine a scenario where S...
76.5K 1.6K 21
Six months, it's been six months since Ben's coronation and since the Royal four and the Isle four discovered the prophecy the VK's and the AK's are...
3.2K 157 11
― ❝There's beauty and there's danger here. Split the ice apart. Beware the frozen heart.❞ OR ―❝ in which the daughter of elsa gets sent to live at th...
950 30 11
Ok, you know Hadley's story. She was born to Snow White and Prince Charming, put in limbo for twelve years and found on the Isle of the Lost. What if...